Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Work on Gratitude badge together...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Work on Gratitude badge together... Next Topic
Page: of 8

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  07:23:33 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Linda, We are about half way to the badge but do join in. Those of us that started around the 1st of February will be applying for the badge on March 1st. If you continue on, your month would be complete about March 12. I think this is a great thread and it would be wonderful if it just kept going. It can help others get their gratitude badge and maybe gets everyone to stop for a minute and think about all the things we have to be thankful for. I will post the daily readings until March 1st but would like to pass that task to someone working for the badge thereafter, and that person could pass it on when their badge is complete and so on. So if someone starts up late and would like to take on that role please let me know.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  08:28:24 AM  Show Profile
Today's read: Sleeping in new bedsheets. To me it's just as good as sleeping in clean bedsheets. Cool, smells good, everything is all nice and neat. Ahhhhh!

Today I am grateful for the cooler temps. It gets too hot too quickly and too often here in Texas. it is currently 34 here with a high today of 48.

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  10:06:11 AM  Show Profile
Today I am grateful for comfy clothes... You know, the kind you wear around the house and that might be a little too ratty to wear in public... The perfectly broken in old jeans, sweatpants, flannel shirts, T-shirts, etc... You put them on and you're almost as comfortable as if you've kept your PJs on. Life is good.

Today's read is Sleeping in new bedsheets - I agree with Kim - its pretty much the same as clean sheets, especially if they've been dried on the clothes line...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  5:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Today I'm grateful for the new class of confirmands at church. I'm mentoring a sweet 8th grader named Jillian. It's going to be a very meaningful few months for us both!

Today's read: Sleeping in new bedsheets

Amen and hallelujah to this one! This is why hotel sheets are fantabulous!

Farmgirl Sister #3754
www.facebook.com/bellcountybelles
http://bellcountybelle.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/bluemonarch/
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

brevardorganics
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Elizabeth
Brevard NC
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  5:22:22 PM  Show Profile
read outloud - Sleeping in new bedsheets!

Today I am grateful for the opportunity to get home safely from my week of certification

Going Back to Basics is easier than you think!
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  10:17:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Victoria
todays read is sleeping on new bedsheets
I'm grateful my husband changes the sheets!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  02:08:26 AM  Show Profile
I'm grateful for Tums. That's right on that day off I was so thankful for yesterday I overdid it in the spicy food area.

Today's Read: Taking your bra off after wearing it for hours

It just feels like freedom. Or so I’ve heard. AWESOME!

Pasricha, Neil (2011-03-01). The Book of Awesome (p. 59). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 13 2012 02:09:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  07:18:53 AM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for my washer and dryer - and my other appliances as well. But today I'm washing sheets and what a luxury to have these wonderful machines. I remember going to the laundromat with my mom when I was little before we had a washer and dryer - when I was first married - and I much prefer to do it at home. Amen...

Today's reading is Taking your bra off. Oh hallelujah for that at the end of the day - it is true freedom and comfort..

Have a great day everyone.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  09:57:03 AM  Show Profile
Today I'm thankful for the light dusting of snow we received Sunday afternoon. :-) We don't get much snow down here, so it was a huge treat to look out the window and see fluffy, potato-chip-sized flakes slowly drifting past the window. It only lasted about 30-45 minutes, but it was a nice surprise.

Today's read: Bakery air

Now that we know we can't eat gluten, this delicious smell is torturous! Oh how I miss my French bread!!!

Farmgirl Sister #3754
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  5:17:23 PM  Show Profile
Today's Read: Taking your bra off after wearing it for hours

Every day right after I get home!! lol!

I am grateful for pizza delivery. Especially, on a Monday!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  12:34:54 AM  Show Profile
Grateful for bras, even more so when I get it off!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  02:17:23 AM  Show Profile
I'm grateful for light hearted days at work. Yesterday, we got 'slammed' at the hospital. I have not seen that many admissions in one day in a very long time. The group of people I was working with laughed and joked the day through. It could have been so different.

Today's read: The sound of scissors cutting construction paper

When you hear scissors cutting through a sheet of construction paper, you just know fun is about to happen. The table is covered with glue sticks, glitter, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes, and everything is set for a day full of crafts with the camp counselor. In some ways, this is essentially the kid equivalent of spreading tools out across the basement workbench before building a shelf, or taping windows and opening paint cans before you coat the kitchen walls in a new shade. Yes, the sound of scissors cutting construction paper is the sound of important work about to happen. It’s the sound of creativity bubbling. It’s the sound of ideas blossoming. And it’s the sound of some decent fun on a rainy afternoon. AWESOME!

Pasricha, Neil (2011-03-01). The Book of Awesome (p. 60). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 14 2012 02:18:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  05:53:21 AM  Show Profile
I am soo far behind from posting on line. We left Cex and went back to the Valley.. unfortuneately, I could not pull this in on my IPhone to post.. Got to figure this out yet.
Adding the last 3 days..
[1] Grateful for my children and grandchildren who bring such joy to my world. Nuff said.
[2] Grateful for RAIN Texas has been in extreme drought this past year and more years are forecasted, but G-d has been gracious enough to send lots of the wet stuff our way this last week.
[3] Grateful for my Winter Texan friends who share their joys and sorrows and as women, we can connect in special ways.
As for the readings.. have to go back and reread them. LOVE THE BAKERY.. ONE OF MY FAVORITE SMELLS.. LOVE THE CONSTRUCTION PAPER a crafter at heart ... LOVE BRALESS.. WHENEVER I CAN!
(maybe I need a Kindle too!)
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  06:23:18 AM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for my daughters. I have two and they are the most wonderful people - very nearly perfect (just like Victoria's son):o)... They are kind, intelligent, funny, hard-working, attractive - people that even if they were not my daughters that I would want to be friends with. And of course, they have provided me with grandchildren who are equally perfect.

Today's read is hearing scissors cut construction paper... It is so much fun to watch the kids make things with construction paper - and they love it, especially my 6 year old, Avery. She LOVES to cut paper - and I bought some scissors that make different edges (I think they use them for scrapbooking - I got them on sale) - those scissors are her favorites. What a joy...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  10:16:55 AM  Show Profile
Today I'm grateful that my hubby made me lunch to take to work. He's such a sweet Valentine!

Today's read: When you push the button for the elevator and it’s already there Ding! AWESOME!

Yep, this one's pretty darn awesome! No waiting, no fuss, no muss! :-)

Farmgirl Sister #3754
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  5:25:57 PM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for my beautiful "step" daughter. While I did not officially give birth to her, she is one of the best things that ever happened to me. When DH and I got back together in 2005, she was 18 going on 19. A year later I heard her refer to me as her mom. Her father raised her and she does not have a good relationship with her "real" mother. I hope someday that changes, but that is another story.

Today's read: I agree, there is something so satisfying about a first cut into a fresh she of construction paper!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  7:47:40 PM  Show Profile
todays read is the sound of scissors cutting construction paper.

I'm grateful today that the carwash repair man hung out until I came out of the wash,
cause I got stuck in about a foot of snow and he pushed me out.

Happy Valentines Day
Debbie
Debbie

Edited by - debbies journey on Feb 14 2012 7:48:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  05:50:30 AM  Show Profile
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I had asked for no candy so my husband brought me some beautiful flowers.

I am so grateful that there are doctors that have dedicated their lives to womens' health. I have my 6 month follow up with my new GYN and he is amazing. I would venture to say he saved my life. I went through menapause very young (36 y/o) and tried to do the whole change thing el-natural. It didn't work out so well. I gained about 60 lbs, lost most of my hair, had become a cough vegi and was sinking into a major depression. I went to 2 other doctors before this one and they had my hormones so out of wack that I was ready to go back natural and just suffer. This new one actually ran several tests and worked to find a hormone combination that works. Come to find out not only did I go through the change way too young I had a complete dumping of hormones. What normally takes most women several years I did in about 3 months so my body went into complete hormonal shock. I can not sing his praises enough. I am me again and loving every minute of it.

Today's read: Waking up before your alarm clock and realizing you’ve got lots of sleep time left

Dark windows, dead silence, dim moonlight dancing on the walls. The night is calm and quiet and peaceful. And then BOOM. Your eyes burst open and you bust out of bed in an adrenaline-gushing, brain-rushing state of emergency. Dizzy and blind, you urgently stumble over to the clock as thoughts zoom through your head—am I late for work, did I miss the buzzer, do I have time for a shower? You swipe the clock, zoom it up to your squinty eyeballs, and get a good look. “4:56 a.m.,” it screams in its trademark bright-red fluorescent silence. “4:56 a.m.” Your hazy half-asleep brain slowly clicks into gear. “Much early than morning,” you piece together slowly. “Time more sleep now.” And then a slow, thin smile curls on your lips as you turn to stare at your crumpled cocoon and dive back into Bedhead Paradise. Oh, you know that second dip into Dreamland will be a doozy for a few big reasons: • Ready to rock. The bed is pre-warmed, the mattress pre-dented, and the other side of the pillow is just waiting to hug your hot, salty head. Detangle the sheets and you’re good to go. • Dare to dream. If that rocking dream you’re having is still fresh in your head, you might be able to clench your eyes, squeeze your brain, and pop right back into it. • Take a break. Your body woke up early because it felt pretty rested, so the extra sleep is just its way of saying “Go ahead, take a long lunch.” People, this is like a snow day without the shoveling—just a big puddle of free time to soak up guilt-free. Yes, waking up before your alarm clock and realizing you’ve got lots of sleep time left is a great thing. Sure, your heart pulses and your brain convulses, but you quickly realize there’s a long time to go before morning. So snore on and snooze strong, my friends. AWESOME!

Pasricha, Neil (2011-03-01). The Book of Awesome (pp. 61-62). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 15 2012 05:54:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  06:31:08 AM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for my constant canine companions, Hector & Maggie. We have two border collies - a 7 year old deaf male and 5 year old female - that we rescued. They inspire me to stay active and spend a lot of time outside everyday. They start every day with the optimism only animals possess with the unwavering knowledge that this is a new day and should be enjoyed. They ride with me when I run errands, we go for walks, we play frisbee (Maggie's all time favorite thing to do), and snuggle up with us at night. I have a home office with all the regular things - desk, file cabinet, printer stand, etc... But I also have a love seat and chair where Hector and Maggie take naps while I'm working or playing on the computer. They create a lot of extra work - oh the mud.... But they are definitely worth it.

Todays read - waking up before the alarm and having time to go back to sleep. Ahhhhhh. Love it.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  10:10:23 AM  Show Profile
Today I'm grateful that my new sweater somehow looks better after I accidentally shrunk it in the wash. It is supposed to be a full-sleeve, past-my-hips number that ties in the front. I was so upset when I pulled it out of the dryer with a load of towels. Whoops! I stretched on it and moaned for a bit, but decided to try it on anyway. Now it's a 3/4-sleeve number that goes to the middle of my hips. Oddly, I like it better now! Well, that worked out! I don't buy myself new clothes often, but I really liked this sweater and was bummed out when I thought I'd ruined it.

Today's read: Universal Fry-Sharing Policy

Please note: "Asking first" is different than asking WHILE grabbing the fry. If it's already half-way to your mouth, you've cheated me out of graciously saying "sure, help yourself." I actually said "no" once, just to see my friend have to put it back down on the plate in shame. Ha! Then of course I told her she could have it. :-)

Farmgirl Sister #3754
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  5:23:43 PM  Show Profile
Today I am grateful I didn't start a kitchen fire deep frying french fries. Note to self, use the Fry Baby we have instead of the cast iron skillet.

Today's read s yest another favorite! I loooove waking up and seeing I still have tons of time left. I even smile a little though no one can see me. :)

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  9:07:55 PM  Show Profile
Waking up before the alarm is great!

Today I'm grateful for some warm temp's. It's been in the 30's for a week or so now,it's
so easy to get used to, it's like spring!

Been thro menapause, still having hot flashes. My sister is having a hard time with it, too, but she is older.

Dogs are such a joy, even with the extra work. Still miss mine after two years.

Debbie

Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  02:10:42 AM  Show Profile
I'm grateful for afternoon tea. I try to have a little quite time with my afternoon tea each day. At work it might be just ducking into the break room or walking outside for a minute. But on days that I'm off, I pull out the Royal Albert bone china and have myself a real afternoon tea. Sometimes I may have a visitor joining me but most of the time its just me and the coonhound. It just feels good.

Today's read: When the socks from the dryer all match up perfectly

Peeling apart that static-covered clump of socks is tense. First you yank them from the dryer and dump the hot haystack on the bed. Then you start pairing up the easy ones—reconnecting brown argyle husbands with brown argyle wives and red-striped brothers with red-striped sisters. It’s free and easy love all around. But then it happens. You hit that big pile of white or black leftover socks and matching gets tough. You’re inspecting patterns and heel placements, checking textures and fades, all the while hoping, just hoping, that everything will work out fine. As you approach the last few socks you do a quick mental count to see if you’ve got an even number of socks left on the bedspread. If you do, and if they all match up perfectly, then you’re loving it. There are no missing tube socks or disappearing dress socks. Everything is locked and loaded, so you just put them all together, take that basket of well-worn lovers to the dresser, and dump them all in the drawer with a big smile on your face. AWESOME!

Pasricha, Neil (2011-03-01). The Book of Awesome (p. 63). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 16 2012 02:11:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

brevardorganics
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Elizabeth
Brevard NC
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  07:16:59 AM  Show Profile
Read out loud - when the socks from the dryer match up evenly!

I am grateful for being back on track...Been fighting with I suppose allergies...sneezing my head off and not online at all. I'm also grateful for the quiet time i had being "unplugged" have to say it was quite nice.

Elizabeth

Going Back to Basics is easier than you think!
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  08:12:26 AM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for a beautiful, warm, sunshiney day in February! We have had an incredibley warm, mild winter and even though some are predicting dire consequences as a result of this (more insects, last minute blizzard, etc), I'm loving the warmth and sunshine... It allows for extra long dog walks, puttering around outside, and fewer layers of clothes! Its all good...

Today's read - all the sock match from the dryer. Nothing short of a miracle for us. LOL

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Work on Gratitude badge together... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page