Page: of 4

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:18:23 PM  Show Profile
This may be more info than anybody wants to know, but I have a rebounder outside and I go out early, as in o-dark-thirty and use it. This morning I moved it because the moonlight was so bright in my back yard... I just had to be in that light while "doing my thing". There was something magical and holy about it.

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:24:54 PM  Show Profile
Clare...I am naive, I will admit...what's a rebounder? Is that like an outhouse or something similar? Ooops...I'll bet it's a little trampoline, duh....

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Oct 18 2005 3:26:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Clare... I am so dang dense...how could an outhouse be called a rebounder...YIKES!!!! I need more ginkoba or electro shock on my nuerons...jeeezzz. I guess I thought you were really into recycling and reusing...I know you have indoor plumbing. I really put my foot in on that one.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Oct 18 2005 3:37:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:35:57 PM  Show Profile
Ohhh, Meadowlark, got a good laugh out of that one! I'm very thankful that I do have indoor plumbing!

A rebounder is a mini-trampoline, low to the ground. I've been told that using it is really good for cleaning out the lymph systems, so I've recently started doing it (after I found one for 5 bucks at a yard sale) I'm not sure how you gauge results... perhaps because you are less sick because you're working the toxins out of your system. Anyway, doing it in the moonlight was super. It was so bright out that I could barely see the stars!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  4:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
Clare, I love the mental image of you out there on your trampoline, bouncing up and down in the moonlight. What a way to start the day. When I sit on my backporch tonight, I will be thinking about farmgirls everywhere doing the same thing.

"There is no teacup too large, nor book too long."
http://lisa222.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  5:41:50 PM  Show Profile
I went outside about 4:30 - just starting to get dark - and the moon was up already! It looked pretty full -- are we getting close to a full moon again? Need these monthly moon reports from you all.

The only time that housework comes before sewing is in the dictionary!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  6:07:27 PM  Show Profile
Yes Kay! The full Beaver moon is on the 16th. I have posted here since Feb. on full moon days and given some lore, poetry, the Indian names ect. Moon watching is fascinating and healing and soooo beautiful! With snow it is otherworldly

Edited by - MeadowLark on Nov 14 2005 6:08:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  7:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Meadowlark, why is it called the Beaver Moon? Saw it come out over the Puget Sound waterways tonight, the sky was pink and water shimmered pink along with it for some time.It is so wonderful here in rain country when the sky clears!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  8:40:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks MeadowLark! We usually don't get to see the moon much in the fall and winter due to it being so overcast. But for the next 10 days we're going to have dry weather and clear skies at night. Great for moon watching!

Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  05:39:04 AM  Show Profile
While you be out there look for Mars.During November, Mars will look like a blazing, orange-yellow star. She won't be this close again for 15 years.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  09:24:47 AM  Show Profile
Mars is sitting directly below that wonderful big moon! It looks like a little tag along friend. When I first saw it I thought it was the lights from an airplane -- then realized it wasn't moving!

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2005 :  4:20:07 PM  Show Profile
Ahhhh...lunar madness has struck. The full moon November. Beaver moon. I think Diane was wondering why it is called Beaver moon...well it has to with the Indians and either setting their traps for the beaver, or the beavers go into their lodges now. The Omaha call this moon Moon In Which The Deer Shed Their Antlers, the Ojibwa call this Moon of Freezing... Here is some more of the darker side of full moon lore....the Werewolf...Here is an OLDE English folk song for all you "howlers"...

Even a man who is pure in heart
And says his prayers by night
Can become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms
And the autumn moon shines bright.

How does one take out a werewolf? A SILVER BULLET to the heart can stop em. How does one take out a wereMAN? Throw a couple of six packs of Coors at him and he is putty.

Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2005 :  7:49:11 PM  Show Profile
Can anyone identify wolfbane???
(BEB raises her hand )
oooh, oooh, I can, I can!!!

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
www.farmatcoventry.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2005 :  10:12:18 PM  Show Profile
Yes Miss BEB, I believe you've got your hand raised. Please tell the class what wolfbane looks like.

You guys are too funny !!! I think both BEB and MeadowLark are moonstruck!

It has been so clear here for the last 3 nights and the moon has been gorgeous. I go out on my porch just to look at the moon and all the light being cast across the fields. If it wasn't so darn cold I'd probably sit out there for hours!

Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  05:02:34 AM  Show Profile
Kay,
I finally got to see the moon last night. BEEEAUtiful!!
The night before was cloudy and the moonlight was obscured.

Now, class, thank you for indulging me:
The modern name for Wolfbane is Monkshood (Aconite napellus).
Looks very similiar to garden delphiniums or larkspur.

The olde herbals are full of instructions on how to use this infamous plant. What they knew was that the highly poisonous juice of the wolfbane plant couldindeed kill wolves. Arrows tipped with it or baits laced with this plant would poison the predators that once prowled around Europe. Naturally, in olden days, it was thought wolfbane would destroy the curse of a wolfman as well.Or that hangng a sprig of it on your door would keep your home safe from the wolves of the night.
I just love this botanical history stuff!!!

BEB

www.farmatcoventry.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  05:04:46 AM  Show Profile
anybody seen the fireballs? out swimmin for the crabpots last night and shootin star raced across the sky lighting up nightlife

http://www.cloudbait.com/science/20051116_020221_001_anim.gif
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  05:12:03 AM  Show Profile
Sue do you grow wolfbane?
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  05:19:20 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Ellen-fun to read you are out swimming for your crabpots and seeing fireballs-so cloudy, cold, and a bit snowy and icy here. We can't even see the moon-I'll just close my eyes and visit you down in the warmth.
Ellen-brrr-in MI
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  05:27:05 AM  Show Profile
Ellen,
The LEONID meteor showers are happenin' now but more difficult to see because of the brightness of the moon this year.
You were lucky to see the fireballs...especially swimming in the moonlight!
No, I don't grow Wolfbane .......
I like to keep the poisonous plants in the dusty file cabinets of my brain rather than the inviting perimeters of my gardens

BEB

www.farmatcoventry.com
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  08:31:05 AM  Show Profile
Luna was beauiful here this month. Many months go by when you don't see her because I live in the "foggy bottoms". She was beautiful, the sky was a pinkish purple and she was just rising over the mountains when I made my way home from work. She was huge! Nothing like see her rise over mountains of redwoods.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  10:22:07 AM  Show Profile
Do you suppose wolfbane would work on MeadowLark's coyotes? LOL!

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  10:44:16 AM  Show Profile
LOLKay!now there is a farmgirl tip if I ever heard one...Sue send me more seeds cause I am out of wolfbane...ya see...it works great on my DH!!!! Need to focus on those coys now!

Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  11:35:46 AM  Show Profile
I considered suggesting that idea at my last post but didn't want to give out any negative herbal info...only happy, healthful herb thoughts here, farmgirls!!
Could you see Meadowlark out there,though, crawling on her belly in the moonlight hunting down the wild coyotes, toting a blow gun with wolfbane-soaked darts???
(yep, don't wanna encourage her too much, Kay)

BEB

www.farmatcoventry.com
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  11:44:35 AM  Show Profile
You crack me up BEB! Now ya got me going! I saw some cool wolf print material at wal-mart the other day...gonna sew up my own coy/wolf work belly crawlin dart toting farmgirl apron! Yep...I'll be taking orders if any of you want one for your own wolfbane repel work!

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  12:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
What have you girls all been eating/smoking? You are all GONE. Must be full moon madness.Or some odd ingrediant in Sue's recipes...

I do grow wolfbane (Monkshood) flowers in my garden. they are really pretty and similar to Delphinium but don't get eaten by the slugs like the delphys do...NOW I know why!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Reading Room: Previous Topic The Moon Watcher's Companion Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page