Author Reading Room: Previous Topic The Moon Watcher's Companion Next Topic
Page: of 4

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2005 :  09:34:54 AM  Show Profile
Our view of the moon was obscured by low heavy clouds over the hills last night. There was a light mist and the rumble of thunder in the distance. It was very chilly too. There were few trees, just native grasses. It was very desolate and I felt like I was on the moors of England or Scotland! My imagination could run away with me in a place like that!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 23 2005 :  07:16:28 AM  Show Profile
Tonight is the Full Flower moon! Don't forget to pause and gaze up tonight and take in the beauty!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 23 2005 :  07:48:38 AM  Show Profile
Wow- Snow Moon, Pink Moon, Full Flower Moon. The names are as beautiful as the moon!

We had a church supper club at our home last night and 10 of us gathered on the back porch before dinner, and the night was beautiful - so bright and clear. The moon lit the whole yard.

We are so richly blessed by the beauty of the earth.

jpbluesky

Heaven gives its glimpses only to those
Not in position to look too close.
from "A Passing Glimpse" by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  2:55:52 PM  Show Profile
I saw the moon last night on my way home. It was lovely, almost a butter color.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  3:33:13 PM  Show Profile
You are right Kim, it was a pale yellow like butter. I sat on my deck last night and in spite of the heat and humidity enjoyed the moon watching...it always calms me and puts everything in perspective. I feel at peace when viewing.

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  10:38:55 PM  Show Profile
I went out and stood by my sheep pen at the back of the property and looked up at the sky..it was just lovely and I sure enjoyed how the yard was even aglow from it!! All the animals were so calm. I love to milk late..I have a weird schedule with my milking..I am a night owl and not nice in the early morning, so I milk at 9:30 or 10am and pm. It works for me and I love the alone time with my animals at night. The kids are gone to school (well for a couple more days) and I have time to tidy things up and maybe hang some clothes on the line before morning milking too. Works for me. Fun to look up at the moon when I am out there. I wish I knew more about it. I should study up!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  10:44:00 PM  Show Profile
Im a nightowl too Jenny...in fact after I get off the forum I am going outside for a quiet night stroll to check on my Dexter heifer. She is due to calve any time now.

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  5:57:41 PM  Show Profile
It nice to know we are all looking at, appreciating and sharing the same thing even though we are hundreds of miles apart.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  06:56:08 AM  Show Profile
Get out tonight girls and do some moonwatching...Full Strawberry is rising this evening. Also called Moon In Which The Buffalo Bellows by the Omaha of the Nebraska plains. DH was cutting some wheat last night. I was helping with the truck and tools, and could not help but notice the beautiful moon rising in the east over the fields. It looked so primal there...the summer moon, the grain being harvested and taken in for bread. Something that mankind has done for thousands of years.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  2:18:14 PM  Show Profile
The moon was a beauty last night. I guess because it is Summer Solstice time the moon is the closest it will get to us (or something...I should have paid attention in school!!) and is quite large and wonderous. I wonder what the odds of a full moon on Summer Solstice are? Enjoy ladies!

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  10:01:02 AM  Show Profile
Girls, Here is your monthly reminder to look up at the sky and see the full Thunder Moon or the full Buck moon of July. Here is something called "tactical advice" by Barbera Starett for this hot summer full moon night...

Cherish your madness

My Sister, but

Discretely O Discretely

Walk warily in the

World keep one

Eye on the Moon

For safety

And if discretion fails

My sister, put

Your madness in

A bag and

Run Like Hell.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  10:04:15 AM  Show Profile
Too cute and funny Meadowlark! I was looking up at the moon last night and wondering if anyone else was in awe of it.

Can you share your source (book?) for all the the moon info that you're sharing with us, such as names for each month? I'd love to have a copy for reference.

Thanks!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  10:07:51 AM  Show Profile
Certainly Clare...The book on all things "la lune" is called The Moon Watcher's Companion" by Donna Henes. And, I also use the old fashioned Farmer's Almanac!

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  09:12:57 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone else noticed how intense the brightness of the moon has been the last several nights? Maybe I'm noticing it more because it's gettting darker so much earlier now (8:45pm my time)... which saddens me... I'm not ready to give up my long evenings! But I am enjoying and soaking up the light of the moon!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  09:25:46 AM  Show Profile
I haven't noticed it Clare, but it has been overcast and foggy here the last few nights. I am noticing the season shifting to fall though just recently...the shadows are getting longer on the field east of my house when the sun is setting. I think I read somewhere where the September Harvest full moon is the brightest of all the years moons...maybe August's moon is gearing up for that!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  4:44:38 PM  Show Profile
Here is your monthly full moon reminder. (Remember to meditate for peace and healing tonight as you moonwatch) The full moon of August is called Sturgeon Moon, or Moon in Which the Elk Bellow.

Song of Two Ghosts

My friend

This a wide world

We're traveling over

Walking in the moonlight

Omaha

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2005 :  9:02:47 PM  Show Profile
September full moon is Harvest Moon, the 18th. The tribe Omaha declared this the Moon In Which The Deer Paw The Earth, the Ojibwa called the September full moon, Moon Of Gathering Wild Rice. Now is a good time to pick herbs for medicinal use. Also to add fertilizer, plant berries and trees. Mate/inseminate animals. My Dexter bull was attempting this today with a heifer. Seems nature knows the best time... Enjoy this beautiful moon, and channel it's power to healing for our planet.

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  11:19:56 AM  Show Profile
I woke up at 3 AM to such brightness outside! We have a skylight in our kitchen and the moonlight streaming in made it seem like someone had left a light on in the kitchen. I opened the back door and just stood there looking at the Harvest Moon. It was a spectacular sight because it was high in the sky, spreading it's light across the woods and grasses behind our house. A sight to behold which put a wonderful smile on my face at that early time of the morning.

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  01:25:25 AM  Show Profile
Is anyone else noticing how beautiful the moon is tonight? Just gorgeous. And very comforting. (Hope I'm not the only one that's up when they should be sleeping! )

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  03:18:05 AM  Show Profile
Clare,
The moon was shining through my bedroom window directly onto my face for most of the night.What a wonderful unexpected gift after a day of moving bedroom furniture around and not getting my curtains back up before going to sleep last night.
It was incredibly magical and,I agree, comforting, too...
I had a rather upsetting emotional day yesterday and the moonlight on my face while under piles of quilts, felt completely soul soothing.

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  08:01:28 AM  Show Profile
Clare -- the moon is definitely gorgeous. I got a wonderful peek at 2 AM on Sunday when the clouds parted to let the moonlight shine through the skylight in my kitchen. I had a major case of insomnia that started on Saturday night and lasted until 4 AM Sunday. I didn't get any projects done -- just laid on the couch and watched the Ya YA Sisterhood!

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes.
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  08:16:31 AM  Show Profile
Kay!
I watched Ya-Ya Sisterhood for the first time this weekend with my 21 year old daughter.The whole evening was so great.That old Mamma Moon sure is pullin' on these feminine tides, isn't she?

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  3:08:48 PM  Show Profile
Yes indeed sisters...the pull and beauty of this Hunter moon is reaching in to the feminine soul...I sooo miss my oldest daughter right now ( she is away at school) and wept as I looked at the moon the other night and talked to my dear friend Elizabeth Ann who lost her battle with bone cancer last summer at the age of 47... I miss her so much! But...I knew she was there sitting with me in the moonlightand felt a comfort of sorts.
This Oct ober moon is called Moon in Which the Deer Rut by the Omaha tribes of the Great Plains...and Moon of the Falling Leaves by the Obijwa tribe. Let us look up and pray for healing of the earth's heart, and the hearts of those in need...

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  10:29:40 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

I just love the fact that we are all connected by the same beautiful moon even though we are all so far from one another. The full moon here in Texas is magical. I will think of the Farm Girls each night when I "spend time" with the moon.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  2:55:57 PM  Show Profile
It was like bathing in liquid silver light last night, just glorious!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Reading Room: Previous Topic The Moon Watcher's Companion Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page