Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's Next Topic
Page: of 7

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  5:18:24 PM  Show Profile
I'm just so terrible! I forgot to mention the ME notecards! I've already mailed two of them..hehe ;) Can you tell I love them??
The saying on them is just beautiful! It says, "There was a definite process by which one made people into friends; it involved talking to them and listening to them for hours at a time." ~Rebecca West
Thank you again my sweet secret sister!!
hugs
jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
This is my adorable piggy pen! Excuse the pot holder, I was using it write a recipe and Hubs snapped the pic. :D

Edited by - Sitnalta on Jul 03 2011 5:48:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  5:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Hello Secret Sister,

Your package arrived yesterday...thanks for the thoughtful garden gloves, post-its, and scented antibacterial gel. All are useful and appreciated : )

I think that you and I probably have nearly the same weather. It is very hot here today...118 degrees! I hear that we broke the record for the day. My garden it now struggling in the heat...this is the time when things go dormant and just try to get through.

I am curious about your homemade laundry detergent. Can you tell me how you make and use it?

Happy July 4th....stay cool.

Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

countryteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Deanna
Jameson Missouri
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  9:15:17 PM  Show Profile
I got some great stuff again today from my SUPER SISTER. Thanks so much for all the super scrapbooking supplies. Close to my heart has some really cool stuff. I really loved the cute towel. It had such a cute, but oh so true saying on it. I hope you had a good 4th. We had a great time with family! I always enjoy all the fireworks displays. Have you made it to the Show-Me state yet?
Thanks for all your thoughtful goodies!!
Hugs,
Deanna
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  04:31:56 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,

I received a fantastic package in the mail yesterday! I love love love the tote! I'm going to keep my yarn and crocheting in it! Yay! How cute are the stitch markers and crochet labels you gave me! I'm sure I can put the adorable summer stickers to good use! I love the sand castle one! The yankee candle small jar and votive of lilac blossom have already found a home in my downstairs bathroom! I love the smell of lilacs, they remind me of my mom's house, she has lilac bushes. And last but very well not least the prayer shawl book! I'm very excited to learn all the new stitches the shawls require! The book has step by step illustrated direction, which for a beginner like me is perfect!
Thank you so so much for all of the wonderful gifts, they are very much appreciated! I gotta say you hit me dead on with that tote! Its so me! Heehee! I can't wait to get crocheting again! I haven't in a few weeks since I've been super busy, but now I definitely plan on making time! I have been enjoying my summer so far and am looking forward to the 90+ degree weather we're supposed to have today. Last night while working in my yard I heard the cicadas, one of my absolute favorite summer sounds! And I saw several fire flies (another of my favorite summer treats!)
I hope you get some rain soon, gee wiz! I'll send whatever I get your way :) I hope your hubby and son are doing much better now and that all is well. I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer and thank you again for the thoughtful gifts, they truly put a smile on my face. Thank you!

Farmgirl hugs & kisses,
Kate

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by - Chickadoodle_KM on Jul 06 2011 04:34:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  12:20:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh my secret sister has outdone herself today! I got a box from Joyce-my mailladay-this afternoon that was HEAVY! I could not wait to open it, so I didn't. I kept it all in the box until I could sit down and post, so I wouldn't forget anything:) First, there was some wonderful taffy candy, individually wrapped with a grapey flavor-but not too grapey. Funny thing is I was looking for some wrapped candy since I just repurposed a porchlight globe into a candy dish! Next there were two bags of flavored licorice-one strawberry and one blackberry-both flavors are awesome! The next to come out of the box is a neat little turquoise bag with three matching dishclothes in it. They are assorted stripes and a solid and are a great size and in my favorite waffle weave. I am thinking about hanging the bag in my office to hold little note pad and post it note pads-think it will be really cute and a good way to corral all those small notepads. Next is a turquoise napkin holder and hot pink napkins, that are already on my dining room table. Beautiful! Then there were too trial size hand and body cream in a luscuious almond flavor, and a huge bar of water lily blossom scented soap. It has a great fragrance and I cant wait to use it. This box was a delight for all of the senses: taste because of the great candy, sight because of the beauty, smell because of the great aromas from the candy, lotion and soap, touch from the lotion, and hearing (I had to stretch here:)-from hearing Joyyce's horn as she drove up my driveway to leave the package since it was too big for the box!
Thanks so much Secret Sister!!!!!!!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  5:49:29 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,

Two days ago I received your wonderful package. I tried to write sooner but I am having internet access issues. Sometimes the little mi fi box that we have does not work for me.

In the box was a tin that had a picture of a mule deer that was taken by my secret sister on her property. It was like a close up portrait of the deer's face. I could never get that close with the white tailed deer around here. Inside the tin was a light green handkerchief that was embroidered all the way around. Who ever used it must have used a size 0 hook the stitches were that small. One of the corners of the handkerchief was a crocheted butterfly. Part of the butterfly is sewn to the cloth and the other part hangs off the edge of the fabric to mesh with the border. I like to carry handkerchiefs and this is just perfect for the summer time.

Now that I have dismantled the package it is hard to remember which pieces were part of which wrapping. Anyway, I think there were two crocheted dish cloths in the tin and two more some place else in the package. I really like these dishcloths because they stay wet when I go to wipe the table or the counters. Iam very lucky to have a skilled crochet artist as a secret sister.

there was a lovely apron in the box. It is reversible. One side is pastel green chiffon with a silver ric rac trim around the gathered pocket. the other side is off white with red rose buds and green leaves. this side also has a gathered pocket with a bow of green. I wish I was a better computer accesser so I could upload pictures to do the gifts justice.

there were two magazines. Martha Stewart Living July 2011 and Country magazine. I have never seen Country before but I think it might be from the same publishers as Reminisce magazine. I subscribed to Living several years ago and really liked it so this is a treat for me.

there were also two books. One is a Gooseberry Patch book. I have not seen this before. It has helpful hints for living, recipes and happy stories. I will enjoy reading this over the next few weeks and cooking the recipes. I like to read happy stories they make me feel good inside and the woes of the world are a little lighter to carry. Also there was a book by our own farmgirl Kathleen Shoop. I am already about a third of the way through it. It is called _The Last Letter_ It is historical fiction about a family who moves to the plains in the late 1800's to escape the embarrassments of bankruptcy. A little more involved than that but I am really enjoying the book so far.

Last but not least there is candy. HUGE red, white and blue rocket lollipops for the children and chocolate hearts for the adults.

Thank you secret sister for your kindnesses.

Hugs

Holly

Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  1:28:18 PM  Show Profile
I received some patterns for different sewing projects, a magnetic pin saver and a book of little stories for teachers. The first one made me cry because it was so sweet. Thank you, Secret Sister.
You mentioned feeling the summer crunch to get all of your projects completed and I know exactly what you are talking about. I didn't plan a whole lot for the summer, but I am having trouble even getting those few things done. There is always something more fun to do. Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

753 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
753 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  2:04:50 PM  Show Profile
If , I didn't send gifts to my secret sister , would I then get a response? I think it is very rude and frustrating to not respond to the gifts someone is sending. If you're heart isn't into something why even sign up for something you can't commit to? When someone goes the extra mile to make another person feel special, I think the person on the receiving end could at least show a little gratitude. A simple THANK YOU is free.
Hugs and Blessings to all my Farmgirl Sisters who go that extra mile.
Debi Carr #1983
Go to Top of Page

SweetTsEarthlyDelights
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Tina
Old Town Florida
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  4:30:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi to my Sweet Secret sister. I cant wait to sit and read my new book. Thank You as always for giving with such great care. I have all your lil goodies displayed around the house.

http://tinasartisticramblings.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SimplyTee?ref=pr_shop

http://galleryt.utopicstudios.com/
Go to Top of Page

janicepearson
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Janice
Huntsville Texas
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  05:07:12 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister, please forgive my delay in posting this thank you, I love the lavender oil diffuser ( lavender is my favorite scent} , the Herbal Tea Remedies & the pretty tea cup & saucer. You are the best SS! God Bless! Janice Pearson~ Farmgirl 2519~
Go to Top of Page

countryteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Deanna
Jameson Missouri
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  12:36:53 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Super Sister, you surprised me once again with scrapbooking supplies. I just love everything, the ribbon, the stickers and the pens you sent I have been using and they are wonderful. I may have forgotten to list some of the "goodies" but I have truly loved every gift you have sent. I am looking forward to finding out who you are:)
Deanna
Go to Top of Page

Hope Floats
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Texas
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  10:43:22 PM  Show Profile
I received another wonderful package from my secret sister yesterday. Thank you for all the beautiful things...each and every item is so special. Please tell your sister she did a lovely job on the bracelet. Thank you again sweet sister!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  12:37:40 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sisters...well we are half way through the month of July...it is now time to start thinking about that special revealing
gift that you will send to your Secret Sister (reveal by the last week in July). Hope you have something delightful in mind!

My apologies for those of you who never heard a thing from your Secret Sister. That is so wrong and so dissapointing. Again, let me re-iterate...NEVER SIGN UP FOR A SWAP UNLESS YOU CAN GIVE IT A 100% OF YOUR TIME AND COMMITMENT! You just create hurt feelings and cause
much work for the Hostess of the Swap.

Sue is coming back to Hostess Secret Sisters Round #11 (this is her baby and she needs a big hand for all her hard work).
Thank you Sue for allowing me to help out for one round...I enjoyed it!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 15 2011 12:39:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  05:05:46 AM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann

I want to thank you for stepping in for this past round when I was unable to keep this going for a while, sisters please give kudos to Peggy Ann for doing this, cause without her help, their would have been a lapse in one of MJF favroite swaps "The Secret Sisters" I know that I applaud you Peggy; thanks much!
Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

753 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
753 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  05:48:55 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Peggy ~ You have been an awesome Hostess !
Hugs,
Debi #1983
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  08:45:15 AM  Show Profile
Thank You Sue and Debi...I appreciate your kind words.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  09:20:50 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Peggy for all your love and care that you gave as our hostess, you were wonderful!
Welcome Back Sue.
I am back from vacation and am looking forward to the round 11 when round 10 is complete.
Thank you both again for such a wonderful and fun swap.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  7:52:22 PM  Show Profile
To my Secret Sister, I wanted to thank you so very much for the beautiful birthday gifts I received today when I arrived home from my trip. Secret Sis, I love windchimes and I am always looking for unique ones and ones that have a special sound or music. I love the music I hear from the one I received from you, when the wind hits it, it makes such a sweet sound. I love the cross too and will add it to my collection, did you make it and I wonder if there is a story behind this particular one.
I will post pictures tomorrow but I did want to let you know that both gifts arrived safely. Thank you so much again for your thoughtfulness.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  1:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Please let me inquire about this reveal package. I would guess with the final gifts I am to include a letter. What is the letter to include besides my name?

If there is someone who has not received any packages I would be happy to send them at least a last package for this round if someone lets me know their name and address.

Holly

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  6:59:18 PM  Show Profile
Holly... I emailed you, but to answer your question about a letter...you can do that or just a card saying "I was your Secret Sister" and give your name. Hope that answers your question.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  09:39:26 AM  Show Profile
Thank you my Secret Sister for the tea light warmer. It came at the perfect time and was just the encouragement I needed to pick me up and set me in the right direction. Thank you for being such a great secret sister!!
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  11:48:04 AM  Show Profile
SECRET SISTERS...IT IS REVEALING TIME!

You should be working on putting that final card and pkg.
in the Mail for the last week of the Month. Telling your
SS who you are as she will want to thank you for being
such a good Secret Sister to her.

Just a Reminder: Sue will be back in August to start the
Round #11 Secret Sisters Sign-up. Be looking for her Post
if you want to come and have more fun delighting someone's
heart with your special kind of love and friendship.

Thanks for allowing me to Hostess in Sue's absence. I
enjoyed getting to know you better.

Blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 21 2011 11:49:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

SKVining
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Sandra
Beaverton Mi
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  12:17:06 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful surprie as I went to the mail box tday In my mail box there was a box to my joy it was for me!!!!!! I opened it up and read the most beautiful letter As I had sign up fo SS I never got one to send to me but that was Ok I sent to my SS as often as possible But today on the 2 week mark of my former husband ending his life and my son and I trying to get our lifes in some sort of order There comes this box with a angel in it Plus a beautiful bracelet Purple!!!!!!! My heart was in a millon peices She sign it not a ss but glad to pick up the slack and bring joy. Was not that the most beautiful thoughtful thing you have ever head of. I will always belive there are angels walking with us Who ever you are Thank you from my whole heart You are a real live angel Blessing Sandra
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  06:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning All... My Secret Sister must live in my closet! How else would she know that I am working on getting my camper ready for fall? Yesterday when I got home, my husband said "Hurry up ~ there is a box from your Secret Sister!" When we opened it I amlmost laughed ~ Camping Supplies of the very best kind... Marshmallows (HUGE HUGE one), yummy chocolate bars... Graham crackers ~ a camping hat to keep the bugs away and a lovely book abot Simple Pleasures. Thank you so much, Secret Sister ~ I can not wait to find out who you are ~ you are MY pleasure.

GA Farmgirl #2515
Go to Top of Page

countryteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Deanna
Jameson Missouri
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  09:35:19 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful surprises I found when I opened my package and found an adorable M&M Christmas ornament and mug. I LOVE them!! You have been a super Secret Sister. Thanks for every thing.
Deanna
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page