Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's Next Topic
Page: of 7

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  2:37:44 PM  Show Profile
To my secret sister whom I am sure is waiting for a package from me, I have not forgotten you. You have a package here waiting to go out and one more in the making. Please don't give up on me!! :D
I don't think this will give away who I am, but I didn't want my SS wondering what happened!
:/
hugs
jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

SweetTsEarthlyDelights
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Tina
Old Town Florida
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  07:17:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Terri, Thank you for being such a great Secret sister :) I love all of your goodies :) Have a great summer!

http://tinasartisticramblings.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SimplyTee?ref=pr_shop

http://galleryt.utopicstudios.com/
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  7:22:10 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,

I received the two wonderful books & they are just what the doctor ordered. I'm supposed to basically do nothing for the next 4 weeks due to surgery. Now I have something to keep me occupied. Thank you. You always seem to know what I need and when and it is so appreciated.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  1:38:01 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister~ Thank you so much for my wonderful package in the mail. I love, love the book! The prayer box is so beautiful and the timing is perfect - I am waiting to hear about a ob and I use that little prayer box everyday. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  6:07:35 PM  Show Profile
to my sweet secret santa sister,
thank you so much for the wonderful fun goodies
i love the books I'm a big fan of mystery
and of course the tea wonderful choice
the tea towel is perfect and the note pad too cute
thank you ever so much.
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  6:09:09 PM  Show Profile
peggy ann
thank you for being such a wonderful hostess
blessings deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  12:36:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Deborah for thinking so! I had fun! Enjoyed getting to know people
even better!

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  6:52:33 PM  Show Profile
Miss Peggy Ann,

Thank you for being such a super Secret Sister. I received the reveal package today and was tickled to death. I have just the place to hang the guardian angel picture you made me, along with your own photo. I feel like you are my guardian angel in one way or another. The 3-ingredient cookbook is very intriguing. Once I'm up and about, I will be trying some of those goodies on the DH. The note pad is all mine. I will be using it selfishly for myself.

The pretty little bag you sent me while back has come in really handy these past couple of weeks. I had to have surgery on the 13th and we live in a two story house. I would load up all of my goodies for the day into the pretty little bag to carry around rather than try to navigate the staircase several times a day. Now, it is use for an embroidery project I have going on.

If I haven't mentioned it, you have been a real blessing in my life this summer. I've been going through a few things and it seems like when everything was looking bleak, your tender mercies arrived and made me feel so much better. The devotional book has been a Godsend and so have your prayers and care. Thank you so very, very much.

By the way, where is Battle Ground, WA? I was born at Fort Lewis and have friends and family in the Sea-Tac area.

Thank you so very much for everything. I could not have asked for a better Secret Sister.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  09:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Holly ~ what fun being your Secret Sister has been. I adored getting your packagees in the mail and each one was a treat. It is very obvious that you spend lots of time and effort in finding items just for me. (I still think you live in my closet!). Thank you to you and your daughter for such wonderful exchange.

Debi
herb19355

PS - I love the last package, but it is still setting on my dining room table. We have had a horrible week at our house but things should be better soon.

GA Farmgirl #2515
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  11:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Peggy, thank you for hosting this swap. I appreciate your work in setting this up! Parcipating in this swap has brightened my summer.

Aloha,
Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  1:56:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh what a blast! SYLVIA!!! You know me so well! :) What fun that you were my secret sister and you are my penpal. I so would have told if it was me...LOL How funny! Thank you for the wonderful goodies! The shot glass is awesome and is now in it's place with my other shot glasses. I sure didn't have a Texas one yet. The tshirt is AWESOME!! I love the bright yellow and what fun that it's form Texas too!!! The piggy whisk is hanging in my piggy collection. Tori made of with my "pretty like flowers" soap as she called it. Thank you for sending a pic too. That is up on my fridge as we speak! :D You have been the best and I have loved every minute of your wonderful gifts!! THANK YOU!! <3
Hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  3:50:21 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Jessie for being so fun to give gifts to. It was sooooo hard not to tell you in my letters that I was your SS, but I am trying very hard these days to keep secrets and not be a blabbermouth.:)
Thanks again for being such a fun secret sis!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  3:52:57 PM  Show Profile
pam secret sister #1075
you really came up with so many fun yummy and creative stuff
you were a great Secret Santa and i did guess where you are from
with all the wonderful southwestern things you sent.
thank you ever so much it was fun.
blessings deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  5:12:50 PM  Show Profile
Dear Debi in Georgia,

I had a good time finding presents for you. Your initial note about what you like and collect was great. Much better than the one I provided. I carried it around with me for weeks whenever I went to a store I would have an idea about what I wanted to get. I must say the flying pig did give me pause until I went to the local toy store. LOL I hope the puppies are growing well and find good homes.

hugs to you,

Holly

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  5:36:09 PM  Show Profile
Dear Debbie in Colorado,

I received the reveal package today and it was wonderful. My three year old was having a toddler attack when I wanted to open it. He calmed down right away and sat on my lap eagerly waiting for me to open the box. He knew from two boxes ago that candy could come in the box. He had turned his dirty clothes barrell upside down to reach the previous box on the top of my dresser. He ate most of the coconut candies himself and was quite upset when I gave the last piece to one of the other children. :)
I did manage to hide the chocolate from his sweet tooth and he does not know any different.

When I was a child we vacationed at Cape Cod. We would buy salt water taffy when we were there. The arrival of yours from Georgia brought back good memories.

I am looking forwaard to trying some of the recipes.

The magazine you sent is on raw food. A woman in my town has a small raw food restaurant so I am eager to read about it. She had many health issues before she began eating raw food.

Our daughter is due home from 5 weeks at camp tonight. when I participated in a potholder swap Debtea sent me tea with my potholder and my daughter beat me to the cup every time. I am hoping to be able to enjoy the mint tea before she figures out I have it and guzzles. She of all the children has enjoyed my participation in the swaps. I do not mind sharing with her because she is appreciative of others efforts.

Thank you again for being a fine secret sister.

hugs to you,

Holly

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  01:35:53 AM  Show Profile
Kay...I had such fun being your Secret Sister...and I do feel like God played a major roll in putting us together. I hope my little Angel Mail-Art watches over you always and reminds you that God and I care about you personally. I felt very blessed over your appreciativeness at each box I sent...and I felt
like God orchestrated just the right encouragements for you. ~ I am not sure what your recent surgery was but I hope you heal quickly and feel 100% better. May everyday be a blessing for you and may God use you everyday to be a blessing to someone else.

Farmgirl Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2315 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2315 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  05:25:02 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister, I can not tell you how much I appreciated your package this week. My mom was visiting and broke her hip and has had to undergo a replacement, so when I came home from the hospital on Thursday and found your package it was truely like a gift from heaven. Feeling the farmgirl love and knowing that all I had to do was ask and a virtual hug would be received. The book has been traveling to the hospital with me, the recipe cards are very much needed, the tea is just what I need when I get home and I soooo look forward to making the pattern you sent. Thank You so much and I look forward to finding out who my sweet angel is.

Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  08:24:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Holly~
I am so happy your reveal package arrived and is being enjoyed by everyone. I knew the children would love the sweet water taffy as well as you. It was so fun being your secret sister, sharing with you and the children. My son is 35 so it was wonderful being a part of your children's lives the past few months.
How blessed I have been to have the Perdue Family in my life, thank you all.
Farmgirl Hugs
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  7:41:09 PM  Show Profile
To my secret sister: if you have sent a package to me to arrive this week, it will be next Monday before I get it and respond here on MJF. We left this afternoon for vacation in Colorado and will not get home until Sunday, with all accumulated mail being delivered on Monday. Just wanted to know in case you were waiting to hear from me.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

terriholland00
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Terri
Christoval Texas
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  8:42:56 PM  Show Profile
No reveal out gift for me yet, anxiously looking to the mail box:-)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/terriholland00
Go to Top of Page

bevibrant
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Kayla
Potlatch IDAHO
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  11:31:06 AM  Show Profile
Thank you soooooo much Juli for being my secret sister! I received your package on Monday and WOW!!! What a treat! I think everything is handmade--a beautiful apron, (how did you know mine was ratty and disgusting?), dish scrubbers, dishrag, (those are all disgusting too) and lavender sachet, and absolutely beautiful embroidery tea towel of a butterfly and flowers! I love everything so much!!!

To my secret sister--your package is going out today. I've been stalled from getting to town to find a few more things I wanted, but decided to send it as is. I sure enjoyed doing this!

Kayla Howard
www.kaylahoward.com
Go to Top of Page

Hope Floats
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Texas
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  4:44:38 PM  Show Profile
Sandra,

Thank you for being my secret sister. My husband said your package arrived on Monday while I was out of town. I love the beautiful cups, saucers, Christmas napkin rings and bouquet of flowers. Since I'm a vintage nut and Christmas fanatic everything was just perfect.

I would love to hear more about your tea cottage business and farm. You wrote that you have peacocks and greyhounds, that sounds like an interesting combination. I've always wanted peacocks, but I'm not sure my dogs would agree.

Thank you again for being my secret sister, I hope you have a blessed day.

~Tammy
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  09:54:01 AM  Show Profile
LADIES...many of you have not revealed yourself to your Secret Siser. It is past the Reveal Week but want you to still send out a card and gift to your SECRET SISTER. I haven't heard from mine yet either. Many of you started out strong and then petered out at the end. But don't be embarrassed your Sister still will want to Thank You for what you DID DO!

After another week has past...anybody wanting to know who HAD YOU as a SS...just email me and I will let you know.

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  11:57:33 AM  Show Profile
I am so excited to find out who my Secret Sister is as I have not heard from her yet. Certainly hope nothing is wrong as she was such a wonderful Secret Sister and I want to thank her for all the wonderful treasures she always sent me.
Hope to hear from her soon and I will pray all is well with her and her family. Every time I hear my chimes outside my door I think of you and what an angel she has been to me.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  2:59:48 PM  Show Profile
Ask and you will receive:-) Hello Cathy aka Catherine L, it is wonderful to finally meet you, thank you so much for being such a fabulous Secret Sister to me. You taking the time to get to know me through my post meant a lot to me. Yes, you are so right I love fishing and I thank you so very much for the Gone Fishin' sign with the country blue paint, my favorite color, the fishing stickers, the gigantic tube of Burt's Bee body lotion which is one of my favorites and I love the lunch bag, it will carry my snacks when I go fishin' with farmgirl Marilyn. I hope we can continue to be friends and perhaps even pen pals, to me you can never have too many farmgirl pen pals. Thank you again and have a beautiful weekend.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page