kkprice
True Blue Farmgirl

301 Posts

Karen
Davisburg MI
USA
301 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  10:16:12 PM  Show Profile
If you check out the Apron Memories cite by EllynAnne Geisel, you'll see lots of information about this annual event. As Farmgirls, we certainly need to "tie one on often" -- tie on aprons. The official date is November 23, in an effort to bring the joy and gratitude back to Thanksgiving. You do three things -- 1. obtain an apron, 2. supply a baked good, and write a note or prayer of encouragement, and 3. deliver it to someone who would appreciate it.

Since I'm not a seamstress, I will "rescue" an apron from a thrift shop, that saves time and money and recycles. Our baked goods could be a small loaf of bread or a half dozen or so cookies.

If you'd like to be partnered, please sign up by October 15 and mail out by November 1.

This would be great to do with someone in your community who could use a little encouragement.

Karen

Follow your bliss!

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2011 :  05:12:12 AM  Show Profile
Karen, That is a really great swap. The swappers could also give the goodies wrapped up in an apron.....not my idea, I read that from last years "Tie One On Day" blogs. I hope you have lots of swappers but, sadly, I can't be one of them, I messed up on the last one so no more for me....but I hope yours go like gang-busters. Hugs and Prayers,

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic National Tie One on Day Swap Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page