Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's Next Topic
Page: of 7

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2315 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2315 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  09:18:44 AM  Show Profile
Thank You secret sister for the wonderful package. After going in what seems like 10 different directions everyday, it was nice to feel farmgirl love. The doily is beautiful and I love the teas, I put the candle tart in my burner and am enjoying my house smelling so good. The picture block is already on my desk and when I get time I will have fun with the stamp. All the other little goodies will be enjoyed also. What a great secret sister I have!!!

Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

countryteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Deanna
Jameson Missouri
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  09:25:23 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Secret Sister, I received the tags and cute flower stickers, can't wait to use them on a scrapbook page or card. You must be a scrabooker also, you know the perfect gifts to buy. I will be going to my monthly crop next week so I am going to try to plan a layout so that I can use all my wonderful new "stuff"! :) I'm writing this waiting for our daily shower to be over and the sun to shine so I can get outside. I have strawberries to pick, they aren't doing too well this year. Too much rain and cool weather and not enough sunshine.
Hugs,
Deanna
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  3:02:07 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret sister,

Any color dishcloths would be great. The kitchen is powder blue formica walls with blue and brown speckled counter tops and maple colored cabinets. We try to be color coordinated but nothing in the house really is.

Thank you for your kindness

Holly

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  1:02:48 PM  Show Profile
to my sweet Secret sister
thank you ever so much for the wonderful spices hot peppers and cookbook plus those teas i love tea and never had the plesure of these wow and adorable hearts..i love spicy foods and tex mex ..you are so sweet
and pick out the perfect things
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Jun 03 2011 1:04:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hope Floats
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Texas
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  08:49:36 AM  Show Profile
To my Secret Sister,

Thank you so much, everything is wonderful! The apron is so beautiful, the snow angel and ornament are perfect....Christmas is my favorite time of the year! And I just love the pillow case, it's going to look great in the vintage camper I'm getting. The pin cushion, table runner, pink doily and crochet square are going to be a great addition to my little reading nook. And I can't wait to try the goats milk soap and lavender vanilla body wash. I've already put the trail mix next to my reading chair and will be snacking on it this evening. Every item is perfect, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness! Oh, I almost forgot....thank you for the recipe. I love trying new dishes.

To answer your questions....yes, I have a vegetable garden and two flower gardens.

Thank you Sweet Sister!

Tammy

Go to Top of Page

countryteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Deanna
Jameson Missouri
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2011 :  1:25:04 PM  Show Profile
I got two packages in one day! Thanks so much I love the envelope it is so unique with the longhorn head. My grandsons and I are going to plant the sunflower seeds. The note cards are just beautiful. I can't wait to write a letter and send them to someone! My daughter likes them too she wants me to share!
Thank you Secret Sister!!
Deanna
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  07:06:05 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Dear Secret Sister - Have you been to my house to visit? A box arrived yesterday with a uncanny package of goodies. On May 31, my mom's dachshund gave birth to 5 puppies ~ which one of my dachshunds are the daddy to.(we just have not determined which one!) In my goodie box was a card with dogs saying (and I do mean verbal) hi! A I Love Dachshunds magnet, cream for dogs and a dog bandana which will keep away insects.... And a stuffed flying pig which has a magnet nose - AND a 3-D frog bookmark and the cutest little frog. I am sure you have been to my house ~ everything is exactly suited to me.

Thank you so much for you efforts and thoughts... each package is like Christmas - warm thought and love...

Debi
herb19355

GA Farmgirl #2515
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  10:03:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh Debi...those puppies are so adorable. How will you ever part with them?
That is why I didn't breed either my Shi tzu or our Scottish Terrier. I would
want to keep all the puppies. lol

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  10:06:25 AM  Show Profile
Debi, I too have doxies, and the puppies are just the cutest. When my doxie had her pups in 2009 I ended up keeping all the puppies, just could not give them up, I fell in love with all of them as did hubby. That is why we have 3 Doxies and a Golden Retriever.
Thanks for sharing the pictures they are sooooooooooooooooooo cute.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  11:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Some how, I have a feeling our "dog-child" number is about to grow. The first pic is of Spec ~ he is my baby.... and the second one is Buster... he is DH's favorite dog's son. (Confusing right?) DH definately wants to keep one of the puppies and I am in love with all of them.... and I think that the momma is getting a bit much for my mom to handle! So.... I have a feeling our dog-child count is about to grow from 2 to 8..... By the way, Buster's nickname is luboftard... I called him one day and meant to say "Tub of Lard" and it came out "Lub of Tard" so that is what we call him.

I will send more pics later.

Debi
herb19355

GA Farmgirl #2515
Go to Top of Page

36quilter
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Jill
Devils Lake ND
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  2:54:32 PM  Show Profile
I received a fun package from my secret sis -- a couple vintage hankies and some homemade goodies - thanks
Jill N
ND Farm Girl

-lovin' the country-
quilter & scrapper
Jill
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  04:54:39 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,

Not quite sure when your package arrived because I just got home from vacation, but it was so nice to beat the blues of coming home from vacation by finding your package waiting for me! My husband and I went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, it was AMAZING! I am a ridiculously HUGE Harry Potter fan so it was a complete dream! Every time I'd try to thank my husband for our trip I'd get choked up and the tears would come! Yes, I am that big of a dork! Hahaha!
I absolutely LOVE the magnets, honeybee hand & bodycream, and honey soap (the lil bee on the packaging is so cute!). I used the gardening gloves to tend to my rose bushes last night after opening your package, since they've been neglected due to our trip. The rose stickers are so pretty. And the gardening and June stickers, flower pen, dragonfly & butterfly are very cute. After the crazy week I'll have trying to catch up at work and at home a nice cup of tea will be just what I need. Thank you so much Secret Sister, I truly appreciate your kindness.

To answer your questions:
What types of crafting do I do? Crochet, Sew, Embroider, bake (and currently I'm in the bookmark swap and was in the notecard swap, I thoroughly enjoyed making both!). I think I pretty much covered that, may have missed 1 or 2.
My favorite colors are pink (a wide variety of shades from light to vivid), light blue, teal/turquoise, and deep jewel toned purple.

Thank you again,
Farmgirl hugs & kisses,
<3 Kate

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by - Chickadoodle_KM on Jun 08 2011 05:00:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  10:19:43 AM  Show Profile
I received a nice note and teabag from my secret sister, she told me some things about herself; very interesting...
Go to Top of Page

bevibrant
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Kayla
Potlatch IDAHO
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  5:33:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow!! Fun, fun box came today! Strawberry licorice, a fun cup with polka dots, tea, bright napkins and crazy fun straws! Plus lip gloss, nail polish and a pedicure kit! Oh-Oh and a candle and two books! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!! I love flavored, (not black) licorice! It was such a bright spot in my day!

Kayla Howard
www.kaylahoward.com
Go to Top of Page

chickenmom
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Toni
Tucumcari NM
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  6:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see chickenmom's MSN Messenger address
Awesome package from my secret sis today! How did you know I needed new gardening gloves? Will put the flower seed to good use and now I have a new gardening journal :) I really love the watering calendar, handy magnets so it can go on the fridge, my hubby will now know what needs watering when I don't have time! Thanks again, everything was special!
Toni :)
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  9:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Thank you Farmgirl Secret Sister! You envelope arrived today and I was thrilled with the yummy Jasmine soap...that's one of my very favorite scents. The kitchen gift tags have got me thinking about making something yummy to attach them too....

Thanks for asking about the AZ fire. It is indeed a disturbing situation...fortunately it is a long way from Phoenix and most of Arizona's population, but it has destroyed homes and a tremendous amount of mountain wilderness area and wildife habitat. This is a great loss and the fire is not yet contained and it is very worrisome.

I enjoyed hearing about your cat/possible future cat. My three cats are all senior citizens, but lately one of them has begun having altercations with our dog...has made for some interesting moments with lots of hissing, growling, and posturing. Have you ever heard the rythme about the calico cat and the gingham dog? I feel like I am living with them.

Thanks again for brightening my day!

Aloha, Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  1:32:14 PM  Show Profile
I got a beautiful handmade bead bracelet on Friday from my secret sister. She was so thoughtful in making something that my students who are visually impaired will enjoy "looking" at. Thanks SS for the anniversary wishes:) I wish we could have a garden here this year-I love homegrown tomatos, but with the severe drought we are under, we just decided to have no garden this year. We do have some blackberries that may try to produce a few berries-they are my second favorite graden produce. We are using precioous water to keep our fruit and pecan trees alive. I will just have to close my eyes and imagine my SS's lush green garden:)
Thanks again SS!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  2:40:28 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister~

Thank you so much! It has been a dreary day here and I have been feeling a little draggy. So when the mailman rang the doorbell to hand me a package (for me! for me!) it really lifted my spirits. I carefully opened it and - the scent alone had me closing my eyes and saying,"aahhhhhhhhhhhhh". The picture does not do it justice. It is so beautiful. I loved your note - we are actually quite a bit alike- I have a 20 year old DD and will be 46 this August! I just wanted to say thank you so much for brightening my day!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  2:42:00 PM  Show Profile
And, of course, I uploaded the picture on its side -lol!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countryteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Deanna
Jameson Missouri
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  9:32:36 PM  Show Profile
I was very excited to receive my package in the mail and WOW what wonderful surprises!! I love everything:)I really like the wooden spools, the garden decor was great too! The scrapbook paper was awesome!! The mailman even commented on the card. He said these are really neat envelopes, I noticed that this is the second one you have gotten. I have never seen Tickelopes before. When are you going to Mansfield? I have been there before and it is really neat especially if you like the "Little House books" We are going camping this next weekend with all our family. I am really looking forward to having everyone together for a few days. I have four grandsons ages 8, 7, 6, and 2. I babysit with them several times a week and I enjoy getting to spend time with them. Enjoy your summer!!
Thanks for all the wonderful goodies,

Deanna
Go to Top of Page

shabbychik
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

melissa
stony point nc
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  05:24:10 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much to my secret sister for my birthday present. I was so excited to find it in the mailbox. The paper making kit just made my day, heck even my week! Thanks again!!
Go to Top of Page

Hope Floats
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Texas
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  2:48:06 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister, I recieved your wonderful package today. I love everything especially the adorable antique baby bonnet and the little purse with beads will look adorable in my vintage travel trailer. I saw your note and I'm so sorry, but I had a hard time reading it. I think you were asking if I had received a second package from you. This is the second package I've received from you. The 1st one I posted on June 4th about. I hope that answered your question. Anyway, I just love everything you've sent me and each and every item is perfect. Thank you again....Tammy
Go to Top of Page

janicepearson
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Janice
Huntsville Texas
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  1:25:04 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister, thank you for the apron pattern & the notions. I can't wait to make a new summer apron. Janice Pearson fg # 2519
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  1:52:50 PM  Show Profile
What a cool Secret Sister I have! She sent me the neatest "tropical" print blouse. It is so nice and cool and breezy--I've been wearing it already today!! :D After the "reveal" I will be sure to send a pic! :D
she sent an adorable "J" wall hanging that I promptly hung up in my living room.
AND she sent a manicure set. Oh yes!! I am so looking forward to the kids' bedtime tonight for some spoil me time..hehe
Thank you Secret Sister! YOU'RE THE BEST!! :D
hugs
jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  4:49:10 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I wanted to know if I could keep my Secret Sister though the next swap? She is super, besides such wonderful, thoughtful gives, I love her letters she writes telling me a bit about her life. Right now her and her husband are helping someone that needs a hand up, to help get back on his feet. They are truly doing God's work and I wanted her to know how much I admire her and her hubby, why to go.
Now I love the frogs for my planters they are just so sweet, and a vintage hankie, crochet doily which I collect both, a beautiful vintage look box with roses that is perfect to hold anything and truly love it. And of course, the rose napkins, pads of paper, notes cards and a pen with a pretty pearl like pen adornment with a cross. She truly puts a lot of thoughts in my gifts and read my "book' of likes and dislikes and what I collect. Is it any wonder I want to keep her:-) Thank you Secret Sis you are the best!
I will take pictures and post them later so all can see my wonderful treasures.
You and your family have a beautiful weekend, y'all have a beautiful heart.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page