Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's Next Topic
Page: of 7

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  3:10:43 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to my wonderful Secret Sister for my box today. I am already burning the pumpkin spice candle and I have hung the little note pad thing by my calendar. I am intrigued by the Magnesium Prills laundry pouch. Alas, I am caught up with my laundry so that will have to wait a few days. never fear, we will dirty up more clothes. Looks like a neat product and one I may have to tell my daughter about.
Thanks again Secret Sister and I too look forward to more surprises from you in the next few weeks.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

shabbychik
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

melissa
stony point nc
USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  06:11:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much to my secret sister for the adorable sewing project you sent me. I love it! When it is finished it makes a fabric basket with seed packets. How thoughtful you are, and it is like you really know me ! I know I will enjoy making and using the basket. God Bless!
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  5:47:20 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much,Secret Sister, for this package. I had received a message that there might be a little hang up with it, but I got it today.

What can I say? You are so an answer to a prayer. I love the key keeper. I now have no reason not to know where my keys are. Love the little note pad. DH loves the wash clothes even more than I do. They are beautiful and the colors are divine. And the Gooseberry Patch book -- I so love Gooseberry Patch that I have almost all of their cookbooks. The bath sachets are fabulous. Can't wait to use one. And all of the butterflies and stickers!! Oh, my!!! I've never been much of a person for that type of thing, but I so love it now. So pretty!!!!

Now for the "answer to a prayer" part. You had written about what a Godly and joyful woman you are. I have been trying to get there and haven't been doing such a good job. So you send me a "Joy for a Woman's Soul" devotional that I can carry with me and in flipping through it, I know most of the authors. I have been a Women of Faith member for quite some time and been to several of their conferences. There is also a beautiful journal. I have heard of prayer journals, so I am going to start doing that and use this for it.

Thank you so very much. I cannot wait to find out who you are and let you know how happy you have made me and how you have bolstered my faith. I was ready to walk away (again) and then this came. Like I said, you are an answer to a prayer.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  4:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Dear Secret Sister,

Thank you for the wonderful package full of nurturing! The teas look yummy and I will enjoy them in during my ritual nightly cup of tea. The pepper seeds will go into my summer garden...and the tomato dip packet...that will be put to use next week when we host a graduation BBQ for my son.

Let's see; you asked me my favorite color. I love all shades of blue, and also blue and yellow together. I do have animals, cats, dogs, birds, and a rabbit. In my garden I grow flowers and I have a container garden with herbs and veggies. I am thinking about putting in a raised bed but haven't gotten it done yet . I know what you mean about living in an urban setting. I too have to be thoughtful about space.

Thank you for thinking of me and brightening my day!

Aloha, Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  7:25:31 PM  Show Profile
TO ALL OUR WONDERFUL SECRET SISTERS!....Just a reminder to be sure and post when you have received a gift in the mail from your S.S. How else will she know if her packages are making it to you or not?

Also, by the end of May (not now...the 31st), IF you have not received anything in the mail from your S.S. I want to know about it. And we will see if we can give your name to someone else.

Thanks To All of you Who Are being "Committed and Fun" Secret Sisters!

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 21 2011 7:27:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  06:41:34 AM  Show Profile
To my dear secret sister,

I received your package on Friday, so sorry I am only posting now! I absolutely love the shabby chic collection pen, note cards, and note book! They're so pretty and perfect!

And I can't wait to use my May and Spring stickers! And of course the little note pad will come in handy for jotting down the bazillion lists I write each day!

Thank you so so much for the wonderful gift it arrived at the end of a very blugh week! Your kind letter and lovely package put such a smile on my face! I truly appreciate it! Thank you!

Farmgirl hugs & kisses,
<3 Kate

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by - Chickadoodle_KM on May 22 2011 06:44:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  07:08:49 AM  Show Profile
I just came back from a week in beautiful Florida and couldn't wait to get to my mail!!! Thank you - thank you to my secret sister for the wonderful book, "Homemade: 101 Beautiful and Useful Craft Projects You Can Make at Home". I can't wait to sit down with a big cup of tea and read and reread!!!!! What an excellent surprise to come home to!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bevibrant
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Kayla
Potlatch IDAHO
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  7:19:25 PM  Show Profile
OH MY!!! Sorry it took a few days to get this posted dear SS, but you sure hit the nail on the head!! I received another package with a wonderful note, PERFECTLY lovely earrings and a bight, beaded key chain with my life's motto-- Life was not meant to be lived, but to be celebrated. I LOVE IT! Are you reading my mind?

Kayla Howard
www.kaylahoward.com
Go to Top of Page

7 apples
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Ronee
Hazelwood IN
USA
54 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  7:26:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm new here and so far I'm loving all you girls!

~barefoot farmgirl Ronee,wife to one amazing apple and mommy to 5 baby apple's..
God, family and my garden are all I need in life <3
Farmgirl Sister #3103
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=538005128
Go to Top of Page

luv2farmnd
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Dona
Northwood North Dakota
USA
53 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  09:16:59 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Thank you to my Secret Sister for the gift in mail yesterday!! LUV gettin little things that ya just forget about and what a blessing!! Perfect!!!!!
Cant wait to put the plant decorater in my deal I am workin on, read and WOW for your quilts!!! YOU are AMAZING!!!
Hugs from one SS to another SS!!!

Luvin' God's CountryFarm life in ND!
Dona

Farmgirl Sisterhood #2860
Farmgirl Chapter~ Crazy in the Country
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  10:33:31 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sisters...some of you are just breaking my heart!! Many of you have received nothing from your Secret Sister and many of you have not heard whether your Secret Sister is receiving your gifts at all! Ladies Please!!!! Tell me you are NOT one of them!

I know that I made it absolutely clear that I did NOT want anyone signing up who would not be committed to being the Best Secret Sister
Possible. Do you Not keep your word and promises??? You have me working my brains out trying to contact everyone who is NOT following
through. This is not fair to me or your Secret Sister. PLEASE STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND DO WHAT YOU COMMITTED TO WHEN YOU SIGNED UP.
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 24 2011 10:36:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

janicepearson
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Janice
Huntsville Texas
USA
19 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  12:08:09 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister, thank you for the wonderful package- the teas, the book about Texas tearooms (can't wait to find one), the scone mix & the marmalade. I regret to tell you the pomegranate preserves didn't make the journey. Woo wait a minute also thank you for the honey straws. I wanted to tell you I love fashion, what a neat business to be in. My Mom has called me a clothes horse all my life.Congratulations on your recent marriage. I have been married to my high school sweetheart 30 yrs. January 2012, we got married when I was 18! My favorite color is red, anything chocolate, I love silver, any vintage style jewelry. Many blessings. Janice Pearson -farmgirl 2519
Go to Top of Page

janicepearson
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Janice
Huntsville Texas
USA
19 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  1:07:38 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister, the you for the Godiva chocolate lollipop! Can't wait to try it! Have a blessed Memorial Day weekend! Janice Pearson- farmgirl 2519
Go to Top of Page

fairlee
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Fairlee
Hamlin Texas
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  2:08:30 PM  Show Profile
I received my box today. Thank you sooo much. I love everything especially the socks. Thank you again. Have a great day and God bless-Fairlee
Go to Top of Page

chickenmom
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Toni
Tucumcari NM
USA
76 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  4:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see chickenmom's MSN Messenger address
Thanks so much to my Secret Sister for the Sundae "treats"? Loved them! I really liked the personalized wrapping paper and bow that was cool! Thanks again!
By the way there was a battery & magnets in the package that didn't make sense were they supposed to be there?
Again I loved it all. The towel was too funny!
Toni :)
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  08:38:05 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Secret Sister TWICE ~ Do to a post office mix up, I think I received your packages in reverse order. Today I picked up a WONDERFUL package filled with a HUGE basket of yarn. The basket is beautiful and the yarn is the exact colors I would have picked out myself.... wow. (I also love the extra treats - Apple Butter(yum!) and Berts Bees....)

AND when I got home last night there was a package for my Birthday - first of all I loved the box ( It is the cutest shoe box I have ever seen) and then inside as a lovely card, a PERFECT frog keychain and some delicious candles)

My husband said that you are going to be a hard act to follow (lol)

Thanks for my absolutely delightful goodies.

Debi
herb19355

GA Farmgirl #2515
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  09:13:12 AM  Show Profile
Toni...your Secret Sister said that the battery and magnets must have just fallen into the box. Not suppose to
be there but she hopes you can use them anyway! lol

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

countryteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Deanna
Jameson Missouri
USA
68 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  1:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister, Thanks so much for everything!! Sorry it has taken so long to respond; (internet problems)I love the box you sent. Live, Laugh, & Love is one of my favorite sayings!The chocolate is delicious, chocolate always makes things better. The butterfly stamps and stickers were just awesome. They would have been something that I would have picked out myself. Love the candle scents, too. The paper pad has many beautiful papers. I really like K&Company's product line. Your are a great SS!!

God Bless,
Deanna
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  8:17:19 PM  Show Profile
To my beautiful and caring Secret Sister. You have no idea what kind of day my son and I have had and I will not get into it here. But, your package arrived today and I wanted to cry, you made me feel so loved! Secret Sis heard I was having problems with my knees and I had to rest them so this is what she sent me.(I will take pictures and post them tomorrow, as y'all will not believe this)It is easier to read her sweet letter to you.
I'm sending some things that might help you to relax. Lavender scent is a relaxing scent so you can sniff the soap. The word puzzle books & magazine will help you pass the time. The book on patience may help you with being patient with your body to heal and I have included a boo boo cold pack *a butterfly*. If all else fails eat the chocolate (which I hope doesn't taste like the soap. Your Secret Sister
So, sweet and no the chocolate tasted just like it was suppose to and I shared it with my son. I will use the soap with my bubble bath.
Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for making this old girl feel so special
Have a beautiful and fun Memorial Day Weekend.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  08:22:13 AM  Show Profile
Secret Sister I feel better already. Thank you again for the wonderful "Care" Package.
Let me tell you the English Lavender Soap smells fabulous, my bathroom smells just lovely:-)
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

SweetTsEarthlyDelights
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Tina
Old Town Florida
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  08:36:52 AM  Show Profile
Thank you sooooo much my secret sister I want to give you such a big hug :))
I love my gifts :)

http://tinasartisticramblings.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SimplyTee?ref=pr_shop

http://galleryt.utopicstudios.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  2:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Thank you my Secret Sister! What a fun package! The bendy straws, my children were excited to see and had to use one right away. :) It was such a colorful and super summery package. I laughed right out loud when I saw the piggy spatula!!! It's hanging up in my collection right now. :)You were right, the notecards were just my style. The dancing flower is a hoot and as soon as Hubby gets back from work, she's going on my dashboard in the truck. (Of course, you know the flower is a she! :D )
The wrist bracelet reminded me of popsicles and I know I will be extra thankful wearing it on my daily walks around the park. Those misquitoes are super pesky!
Thank you so much for sending the special box of summer sunshine my way!
hugs
jessie
p.s. I do indeed wear t-shirts and I'm a very "heathly" girl. ;) I wear a size Large.

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  8:13:12 PM  Show Profile
I got a Wonderful Pkg. from My Secret Sister today! I loved, loved, loved the beautiful Heart necklace! In fact I have it on right now. Can't wait to read the MJF Book of Wisdom, looks adorable! Cute Apple candle! Sorry to say that even though I craft...I don't sew! But I will pass these cute patterns on to someone who will. Thank you for your lovely note also. Absolutely made my day!!!!

Love and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  06:58:15 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister,

Thank you so much for the fun box. I returned from an orthodentist appointment and shopping with the boys (16,13 and 3) to find it at home. Our 16 yo drove the 1hr15 minutes to and fro and the city driving. He needs 14 more hours on his drivign record to test for his license. He is a good driver but has moments of arrogance.

Anyway, Each of the gifts was wrapped in green tissue paper and tied with a strip of material with farm print on it. Green is my favorite color.

the first gift I opend was a kneeling angel. I do not rememberr telling anyone I collected angels and have since I was a child. so it was a big, pleasant surprise to open it. Then I opened a folk art bee. It is on a coiled spring and the bee sits on top. It is quite cute and funny. I do not remember telling anyone I have a hive of bees either. There was a small oval box about four inches at the widest oval part with a bee picture on the top. Inside was a prism which I hung on the curtain rod of my bedroom and some ginger coconut candies for the children. We will share those today. There were also two 10 inch bees wax candles. I really like the smell of bees wax.

My secret sister writes the best notes on the nicest created stationary. This card is new leaf green with a cow sticker that has field flowers on it and chicken stickers as well on the back it says Live Laugh Love.

Dear secret sister appreciate it if you would make me more dishcloths. I do like chocolate. For the next month or so I am still restricted from eating anything chewy gooey or ooey or too hard that might bend the wires on my braces. The orthodentist said Iwill get them off next month. Several years ago now maybe five I began treatment for TMJ (trimandibular joint disfunction - clicking jaw joint) which started with a small splint in my mouth and then braces and then jaw surgery. Iwill be so happy to have them off in time for corn on the cob season. So, yes, I do like chocolate.

We have had more rain here than in recorded Vermont histry for the spring. some towns around us have had alot of flooding and damage. Our town has not and we live on a hill so we have not had any damage even to our dirt road.

It is nice to spend time with adults and have adult uninterupted conversation. I am a little jealous of you and your knitting group. Maybe it is some thing I should consider I know of two knitting groups in the area. I do knit although lately I have only been crocheting because picking up a stitch a child has pulled off is easier than picking up a whole row of stitches a child has pulled off.

Holly

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  2:07:42 PM  Show Profile
:)

Edited by - Sitnalta on Jun 02 2011 1:57:48 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #10 Secret Sister Posts and Thank You's Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page