True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  08:21:50 AM  Show Profile
Lorraine,
I had to put bells on my boys...no kidding the drifts were so high. We had to keep a real eye on on Frasier as he is older with the wind. Poor Frasier had to make standing up the first time out then I took my snow blower right to the backyard much to my husbands dismay to clear them a spot. We got about 20 some inches. Bruiser is like a kid in a candy store- he kicks off his bootie (we have really freezing weather here) and zips around like a mad man. I think if I could fashion skis for that little guy he'd be off-wish we could show movies. Maggie looks like shes thinking "where my path mom? Something just not right here."

Here's what a pet owners back door looks like during a blizzard: fido fleece for both dogs,check- extra sweater for the old man -check,red booties for Brusier as he like to run like a mad man-check, snow shoes for Frasier he turned 17 and needs traction-check,towel to dry dogs off-check, blow dryer (out of sight)Frasier loves,Brusier runs faster from this than in the snow-CHECK and Priceless!!!!

Love will make a way out of no way. -Lynda Barry

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  1:59:43 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle - Love the picture! Too funny... But seriously, I don't blame you for being concerned about your pups in this weather. That wind was something else and your pups are so small - and white! I don't know how you would find them!!! Hector is mostly white and he's deaf, so we kept a close eye on him too, especially Tuesday afternoon and evening. Also, his feet are a lot more sensitive to the cold than Maggie's. I don't think she would ever give up.

By the way Cheryle, which farmgirl chapter do you attend? Is it the one in Plainfield? Just wondereing... Stay warm

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  2:11:46 PM  Show Profile
No I used to belong to that chapter but started my own a few months back. We are the Flour Sack Farmgirls in Naperville. I have the old gris mill building almost in my backyard (although now its an insurance building) and accross the street (Washington St. here in Naperville) are some of the old gris mill stones which are large and lovely. So I named my chapter after the rich heritage of the area. I think there are two left over there. I should take a picture...tee hee hee
I sent a MJ press releases out today and a gal (reporter) told me about coyote sightings -lord knows I'll be watching the boys very closely. She said she thinks its because of the weather so be mindful you not that far from me guys in our shop at work live in your hometown.

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  06:45:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Cheryle - yes we have lots of coyotes out here, but it doesn't bother me. Our yard is fenced and my dogs are decent size. Also, we don't leave them out alone at night. I might email you about some farmgirl chapter stuff. I got our chapter going (Prairie Moon Cabin Farmgirls) just last month - we are 4 strong!!! I've been pretty busy so haven't had much time to publicize yet. I wanted to take it slow. Keep an eye on your boys and stay warm.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  4:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Sometime we should get our chapters togeather...garden show maybe or a tea party!

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  06:58:04 AM  Show Profile
Cheryle - sounds like a great idea. Let's wait until spring. I bet you'll use all your dog coats and booties today. It was 14 degrees below zero this morning. And Maggie still wants to play frisbee outside. Brrrr.... The warm up is coming - woo hoo!

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  5:32:56 PM  Show Profile
Lorraine, Is Maggie a Border Collie? Her pose waiting to play Frisbee is just like our Gracie, who is a minature Aussie - I can see the intentness in her eyes as Border Collies and Aussies have - Gracie can stare a hole right through you - her eyes are blue and piercing :)
We are ready for Spring, but don't have all that white stuff like you do - thankfully!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  9:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle, that photo is hilarious! I will have to show my sister in law this weekend, she has 4 dogs. I forgot weeks ago about this thread until I finally realized tonight to just look at active topics, DUH! I forgot to tell you but I have twelve feather babies, or more like my husband has. We have 12 chickens and they are so spoiled by hubby! He built a nice coop for them and even put a heater in it, lol!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343

Life is Beautiful with Bunnies
www.thedewhopinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  06:41:23 AM  Show Profile
Ruth - yes, Maggie is a BC - and Hector is a BC mix (not sure what) - but they're both herders. I loved your pictures of Grace - we have a miniature Aussie for a neighbor - he's a great dog. He likes to play with Maggie. They can wear you down with those stares, can't they? Maggie is a relentless frisbee player - when the frisbee is out, nothing else matters.

Ginny - you should put some pictures of your feather babies up so we can see them. :o)

The weather is suppose to be above freezing for the next couple days. I'm looking forward to it, but now here comes the mud. I might have to post some mud pictures. Once our vet said Hector looked like he needed mud flaps! :o)

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  11:24:27 AM  Show Profile

Frasier rests peacefully after a tough morning. Yesterday he was to the Vet for some shots and today he went for some grooming. He has climbed to the top of the couch and will rest his tired bones peacefully all afternoon.
Ginny one of the gals in my chapter has chickens...I think you guys are lucky to have them. My next home I will be sure that I can and maybe a goat (I want to make cheese). Yes, the Spring and the mud are just around the corner!

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  12:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Aaaawwwww - Frasier looks so sweet - and peaceful. Its tough going to the vet and groomer - sounds like this is a much deserved nap. So precious...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Dyke
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Penny
East Palestine Ohio
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  05:43:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls
I love all your photos thought I would share a few photos of my furkids with you!http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/006(8).JPG" border="0">http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/008(6).JPG" border="0">alfred
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  06:32:35 AM  Show Profile
Penny - your pups are adorable. Is the smaller one a Boston Terrier? And the other one looks a little like a Beagle? So cute - it makes me want to give them a treat! :o)

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Dyke
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Penny
East Palestine Ohio
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  08:04:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lorraine
yes the smaller is a boston terrier junebug and the larger is a border mix squirt.I have two more dogs one is a great pyrenees mandy and a beagle alfred all foru of my dogs are rescues
Penny
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  4:19:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Penny - Wow, what a wide range in sizes - from a boston terrier to a great pyrenees. They are all adorable - and I love the names. I think Junebug and Alfred are my favorite names... Isn't it funny how their names fit them? Take a look at Frazier - the post just before yours - doesn't he look like a Frazier??? And Alfred, looks like an Alfred... Its so funny. I got a kick out of Ruth's dog's names too - Barney looks just like a Barney, etc, etc... And so many others. I get a kick out of all these photos. It makes me smile. Aren't we lucky to have these "furkids" in our lives???

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  5:26:19 PM  Show Profile
Penny your pups are just charming! You have such a wonderful mix were you looking for all types or did you have a specific type in mind when you went to the shelter? I think Mandy is just wonderful...but aren't we lucky to have our furbabies!

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  4:55:25 PM  Show Profile

Hello everyone! I haven't heard from anyone in awhile. Frasier had some minor surgery awhile back but is on the rebound. Poor guy is 17 1/2 but going strong. We have been completing a kitchen remodel the hubs and I and our darling blind and deaf Fraisier has provided us with more than a few laughs bless his heart. Sunday was a kind a dangerous afternoon and the hubs asked me to clear to dogs for awhile so we decide to take a nap outdoors Farmgirl style so I thought I'd share a few photos with you all. The quilt topper is one of my favs and it is on top of an old army cot that I picked up and painted. The boys just love to sit outside and they each and both get thier own pillow! Share some photos. Frasier and Brusier enjoy the breeze.
Brusier and Fasier help my enjoy a Farmgirl style nap.

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  6:01:15 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl, they look so happy and relaxed. Is there room for you?

This is my grand dog, Daisy. She belongs to my daughter and her hubby. She is a very spoiled dog. And so well behaved.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  8:43:20 PM  Show Profile

Just wanted to share a picture of my furry granddogs with you all! They are all rescues. Their names are from left to right...
Dozer, Tank, Vixon and Baxter.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  08:25:49 AM  Show Profile
I went through all 7 pages looking at pets. Thank you so much for sharing your furry friends. They are so sweet.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  4:36:42 PM  Show Profile
Kris, your fur baby looks so strong and handsome!
Diane, it is so nice to hear from you. I was thinking about you just the other day. We have to get together again soon especially now that the weather has changed. I love your puppies and all of the names! How did you ever get them to stand like that for the picture?

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  5:28:33 PM  Show Profile
Diane - I was wondering the same thing - how did you get them to stand like that long enough to take the picture??? Its great.

Cheryle - your pups look adorable on your farmgirl cot - complete with quilt. Too sweet.

Hector and Maggie are enjoying this nice weather too - as I'm sure all our furbabies are. Enjoy!

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  6:05:17 PM  Show Profile
Send pics of Hector and Maggie...it seems like its been just too long ladies.

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Sweet_Tea
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Tara
Newberry SC
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  06:43:04 AM  Show Profile
all y'alls furkids are adorable :)

Here are my babies.

This is Bailey

This is Maya

and this is our newest edition Vegas

:)

~ http://notsosweettea.blogspot.com/

"The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears"
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  6:50:51 PM  Show Profile
What sweeties. I am alwasy interested in how people have come up with their furbabies names...who loves Vegas?

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic photo's of our "furkids" Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page