shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  4:22:23 PM  Show Profile
Man one day way from the computer and lots of new photos. Must be brief tonight is my chapter meeting and the girls will arrive shortly. Lorraine we can wait for warmer weather! All these new babies...keep the photos comming isn't this a blast...just pure joy! I guess Im not a nut after all- my boys are my best photo subjects.

Love will make a way out of no way. -Lynda Barry

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  4:45:36 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle - have a good meeting. Enjoy. Keep those photos coming. See you when the weather is nicer...

Tammy - congratulations on your daughter's accomplishments. We just did the agility for fun. There are so many wonderful people out there involved with rescue groups - thankfully. We had a foster and we helped transport - but I admire people who give so much of themselves for the animals... I truly believe - like so many of you - that a rescue is the best option out there.

Grace - I sure wish I could see your dog. She sounds like a beauty. Is it just me???

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  3:53:36 PM  Show Profile
Grace, We can't see your pretty Pyr. If you will go to the last icon on the right under "format" where it says "upload picture" click on that, it will bring you to another block, there you will click browse, then go to your pictures, select the picture you want to upload, hit the upload button, then wait - it will take a minute for it to upload, you will think nothing is happening, but it will. You will not be able to see the complete message w/photo until you hit "post new reply" then when that screen comes back up, it should be there with the photo in it.
Hope this makess sense and helps - I sure want to see that sweet, big girl!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  1:15:02 PM  Show Profile
Just had to take some photo's of the furkids today. First up is Barney next is Gracie, she was actually still long enough to get a photo of her pretty little face!
last is our sweet senior girl, TaffyAnn

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:04:39 PM  Show Profile
Great photos, Ruth. They're all adorable. Your senior girl looks like she's in great shape. Barney looks like a real "character" and Gracie definitely has a beautiful face. Love the blue eyes...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  06:13:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Lorraine (my sisters name too!) You have them pegged right!
TaffyAnn is in good shape, except she is deaf now. Barney is the town clown and just a happy little boy, Gracie is a herder, and quite serious about life, so it is good to have Barney with his funny side and it helps Gracie loosen up too! Glad I brought him home from WalMart that day. A lady was giving pups away, and had them in a buggy outside of WalMart. (My husband has banned me from going to WalMart with my friend Carol - who is also a dog rescuer!) LOL. DH loves Barney!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  07:31:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ruth - I have a couple herders too. Maggie pushes at my heels in the morning if she thinks I need to move a little faster. :o) I could tell Barney was a clown - just by the look on his face. By the way, my sister-in-law's name is Ruth.. too funny. Enjoy all the pictures. They are all so precious...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  7:17:48 PM  Show Profile
Do you ever need a pet sitter? Just precious, each and everyone. I would just take Taffyann with me everywhere! Maggie and Barney are just dolls too. Great photos you got of them!!!!I enjoyed these very very much Ruth.

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  12:31:16 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle, I sure wished we lived closer, because I'd take you up on pet sitting! Taffy is so easy, she usually stays with our neighbors that have two young girls that are home schooled, so they are home all day and they love her and she loves them. Don't think she even misses us when we go away. Gracie and Barney have to go the Kennel, which Barney loves, he's going to "camp"! Gracie not so much. She is a vervous little girl, but with Barney with her, that helps. I could not leave Gracie there alone. Even though they say she is great and plays and has a good time and that her shaking is for my benefit! She does go in well and loves the owners there, so I know it's a good situation - just her. I have kept the Nursery at Church for many years and saw babies, pitch a complete fit until Mom and Dad are out of sight, then become totally different babies, Until, the parents appear again. So I assume this is the case with Gracie.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  6:14:30 PM  Show Profile
We have a really great place here to take our boys. One area for large dogs, one for med. and one for small. They even have a grandpa room where my Frasier can rest with other older dogs. These folks have been a blessing to my Chas and I. I tell you I would never leave home if I weren't 100% sure the dogs were very well taken care of. I do think they get nervous...Bruiser never eats the first day but we can watch him on camera and he blends in just fine. Funny Isn't it...they probably have much more fun than we given them credit for!

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  10:16:22 PM  Show Profile
LOL - I love all your pics! I must say though, Lorraine, your Maggie is a cutie in her own pool! Gee, I thought my furbabies were spoiled! So looks like I'm the odd one in the group. My furbabies are two cats and a bunny. All three rescues - Arty (black cat) we got at a yard sale. He was the only kitten left. He's now 14. Pewter (gray cat) came strolling out of a bon fire we had of trash tenants left behind. He's about 11 now. And Oggie (the mini-lop bunny) was our daughters and she begged us to take him when she moved back into the college dorm. We never gave him back. He's 5 now, and free to roam in the house. He uses a little box (most of the time) or at least poops in his area. We have little carpet trails for him through out the house because he won't walk on the tile, wood, or laminate flooring. Pewter and he get along well but he terrorizes Arty because he knows Arty doesn't like him. And my business was inspired by Oggie! I sell organic treats to other bunny owners.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343

Life is Beautiful with Bunnies
www.thedewhopinn.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  2:12:09 PM  Show Profile
Ginny, What cute furkids you have - they are so sweet!

I just want to tell you also, that I love your part of the country! We try to visit every couple of years or so. You can't beat a Maine Wild Blueberry! Yummy Makes my mouth water just thinking about them. Sure wish I had some in a muffin about now :) Or just plain is great too, and better for me.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  4:06:27 PM  Show Profile
Ginny - your furbabies are very cute and it sounds like they are very well cared for. I can't believe Pewter came out of a bonfire! Yikes - that had to be scary for him and you. Have you ever read a mystery series by Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown? Rita Mae Brown writes other books but she says she collaborates with her cat, Sneaky Pie, on a mystery series with some animals that help their humans solve mysteries - they're called the Mrs. Murphy Series. Anyway, there's a cat - a rather large cat - named Pewter in the books. They are fun books - the main human character is a farmer/farmgirl... So glad there are so many of us farmgirls who prefer rescues. Ruth - I remember that you said your husband wouldn't let you go back to Wal-mart again because that's where you rescued one of yours. LOL I'm still loving all the great photos!

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  08:19:17 AM  Show Profile
What adorable furbabies. So sweet and look how they just sit togeather. Wow! And inspired a business too...animals inspire us In so many ways don't they. What a blessing and Thank you for sharing your photos they are just too wonderful!

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  2:46:19 PM  Show Profile
We have a cat and dog, which we both got at the county rescue shelter. These pictures were taken several months ago when we got them. Currently the cat has been sleeping on my legs for the past half hour, and anytime I try to move them he glares at me. lol

Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  4:21:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Valerie - great photos. Your dog is a cutie - looks like a Blue Heeler? Cats can really give you the look when you disturb their comfort. Too funny. What are their names? By the way - its nice to see the green grass!

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  7:32:56 PM  Show Profile
Dexter is the cat and the dogs name is California. We know that the dog is a mix between a border collier and we are unsure of what the other part is. That is according to the vet and shelter.
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  4:54:26 PM  Show Profile
I like the name California... Different. I have a border collie and a BC mix (who is deaf) - both rescues. Their photos are a couple pages back. Since California is so speckled, I'd bet he's part heeler or Australian Shepherd. He's a handsome boy - that's for sure. My female, Maggie, loves the snow and doesn't care how cold it is. She wants to play frisbee all the time. Hector, the BC/mix, prefers to be inside more when its too cold. His feet are sensitive and I have to watch him closely. Looking forward to spring - but the mud is challenging.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  7:07:13 PM  Show Profile
They are cute. My husband named the dog and I named the cat. What is different about California is he will play inside but will not play outside. He won't try to catch anything outside, unless of course it is a dog biscuit or bone. lol
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  4:31:54 PM  Show Profile
They all have their quirks... Hector doesn't like to play at all - he won't chase a ball or frisbee. He likes agility classes - and we've made a few things - but its hard to stick with it...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  04:09:29 AM  Show Profile

This is my Molly McGee! She is a rescue and possibly a Corgi/Australian Shepherd mix. I am going to have her DNA done one of these days!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  2:44:44 PM  Show Profile
Aaawww.. Molly McGee is too cute - love the name too. I've always wanted a Corgi. A friend had one - her name was Harriet - and she was a wonderful dog. She looks like something has her full attention. A treat? Thanks for sharing.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  5:24:35 PM  Show Profile
What a sweetie pie. Great name too!

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  09:24:09 AM  Show Profile
We had quite a snowstorm yesterday and through the night. Maggie is still ready to play Frisbee - she found a place under a tree that didn't have much snow. She's relentless...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  09:34:12 AM  Show Profile
Couldn't resist one more - she's a little confused about how to get out!

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic photo's of our "furkids" Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page