Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 This thread now applies to me and hubby!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic This thread now applies to me and hubby!!! Next Topic
Page: of 4

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  07:09:42 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! Meg.....sooooooon..... yippeee! I go in for a check up on the 28th..I'm hoping to find out what we're having. May still be a little early but I have to ask. so happy you are in the euphoria stage. I agree with everyone regarding a body pillow. I loved the story about the pillow becoming 'the other man'...so true. It makes such a huge difference though later on especially when you are sleeping on your side and need to lift up some of that belly weight. pillows are definitely the answer along with a nice big bed. (we had a double until I was pregnant with Reo and now we have a king! perfect.

Lifting? well, uh, errrr...again you've already had some great advice here..your body will tell you. I'm still hauling the wheelbarrow around for heaven's sake! I'm focused on upper body strength and not low back and abdomen. No Worries! One of the things about pregnancies that both endears and irritates me is the fussiness and coddling that sometimes happens with people as if I'm fragile and somewhat sickly. I've been more physical during this pregnancy and feel SOOOOO much healthier and invigorated. In no time whatsoever you won't be able to lift certain things just because of the shape your body has become.

I'll also mention that one of the most fascinating things about pregnancy in all its stages is what the body is doing to naturally to prepare you for what's to come. For example, later on, you'll be awake several times in the night either having to go to the bathroom, or just rolling over to find a comfy position etc. Sleep, for me anyway, came in fits and starts. I am convinced this is the body's way of slowly getting your bio-rhythms in gear for late night feedings and comforting of a new little life. I remember with my second pregnancy having insomnia for the first time in my life. I would wake up at 2 am and be wide awake. Instead of it being a bad thing I would get up and write letters, start laundry etc and actually feel great! I would nap in the day with my son, but by the time Aria was born my body was completely prepared to be up with her at night. It was a fairly easy transition. There were definitely times when we felt sleep deprived but that just goes with the territory and it is a short lived thing.

can't wait to chat more about pregnancy and see Lucas.. Daddy's have a glow too!!
Here's celebrating you and the beauty of life!
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  07:55:46 AM  Show Profile
Meg,
I am 10 days from my due date right now. I am having the constant peeing thing. I also have insomnia and acid reflux. I have slept reclined in the recliner once because that's the only way to sleep. Or I'll start to fall asleep then wake up because I'm hungry which then I can't eat much because i'll have more acid reflux if I do cuz there's not much room for food. Or the baby will start to kick hard as I'm falling asleep.
Not trying to scare you or anything! I too think it is my body training me for having to stay up at night. We are working on stockpiling food in the fridge right now so we don't have to cook much when the baby gets here. You are so lucky in that you'll have tons of help and a doting grandmother to make you lots of healthy mini bakeovers for popping in the microwave. I'm sure that even the rejects from the test kitchen are quite yummy there, so you'll have plenty of access to healthy foods.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  08:07:08 AM  Show Profile
Julie,

Do you guys know if your baby is a boy or a girl? Are you telling which one? Just curious.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  11:29:28 AM  Show Profile
Rebecca,

No I don't know what the gender is. We won't know until Flipper wiggles his/her way out into the world. I'm saving all my gift cards for cute girlie stuff or cute boyish stuff when I do find out. If it's a girl I have the baptism dress that my Mom baptized me in that she gave me for a wedding present. It is a little yellow dress and bloomers with a lace collar and little buttons. It is so cute. But I'll be happy with a boy as well, of course. How are you feeling right now?
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  11:20:44 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the pillow feedback! Lucas moved our bed against the wall and I have set up a little pillow oasis against it and am sleeping much better these days. Plus it took a few days to get used to sleeping on my sides.

I am also quickly learning my threshold for what I can and can not lift. And, of course, lifting with my legs has been an easy solution to the lower back soreness.

I must admit I sure am learning a lot about my body. I thought I knew quite a bit, which has been exactly my challenge. It has been good for me to learn (quickly) that I really don't have any control. My body is training me well for what is to come. And I am, actually, quite thankful for it.

Farm Fair was wonderful. I was exhausted but all the loving belly rubs I received were well worth it!

And he/she is beginning to move around quite a bit in there, which is so magical! The second trimester is absolutely marvelous so far. I am just so in awe at the process and the love I have for this little one already. I can't wait to meet him/her!!

JulieKay, if I do the math. This means any day now? Or already? You are in my thoughts with many happy birthing wishes to you! Do keep us posted when you have a moment to breath, of course.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  7:09:15 PM  Show Profile
A little late on the message, but a very heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS to all the expectant moms, dads and grandparents out there!
Big Hugs to you all,
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  8:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Yes I am very late on realizing this wonderful news too, but how wonderful!!!!! And I wholeheartedly agree with the pillow stories. When I had my twins, you should have seen the pillows!!! lol. I am so glad to hear you are doing well and I wish you and yours all the very best! Enjoy and charish this precious time and wishes for happiness and health to you all!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  06:22:34 AM  Show Profile
Well everyone,

My due date was July 5th, which has come and gone. Today I am going to start taking homeopathic pills, basically black and blue cohosh, to induce labor. I really want to avoid medical inducement if I can, as the contractions from pitocin and/or cytatec can be even more painful than normal ones. All conditions are favorable for inducement to work.
My husband and I hired a doula to help coach us through the experience and she has been wonderful. We hired her because my husband travels and we were nervous that I would go into labor when he's gone and can't get home on time. She went in to dr's appointments with us and talked over the homeopathic treatments etc. Then she went into the city and got the stuff for us. She said that in her years of working with moms (since 1999), her moms always went in to labor within 24 hours of starting the pills.
Basically I'm feeling good and I'll let you all know when I have le bebe.
Meg, glad to hear you are feeling better. You'll probably start to feel very energetic! Be sure and get stuff done ahead of time, unlike us who still don't have crib sheets! You want to be able to relax in the last month. Also, if you are doing natural childbirth start preparing now by doing exercises and other prep. A book I would highly recommend is Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn by Peggy Simkin. I wish I'd had the book at the beginning of my pregnancy.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  09:09:20 AM  Show Profile
I sure hope that works for you, I was induced and it was the worst 23 hours of my life!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  09:16:03 AM  Show Profile
Meg -- your mama is going to be called "Nana" -- that's what my grandkids call me. I absolutely love it and she will too. My grandkids are the absolute loves of my life. I saw your mom in Julia's booth looking at all those little girl dresses. I agree with the other gals -- lots of pillows are the answer. I'm a stomach sleeper and it was horrible to have to sleep on my sides when I was pregnant with my last one. Your little "baby bump" is so cute!!!! Please share pictures as it grows.

I choose faith not fear.

Lotion bars, linen water & more in my online shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  04:05:29 AM  Show Profile
Oops that was Penny Simkin who is the author of the book. By the way, one week past due and still no baby. I have insomnia really badly right now. So that's why I'm posting in the midle of the night.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  05:33:23 AM  Show Profile
Meg - my daughter Julia used a body pillow when she got too big to find a comfy position to sleep. It helped her a lot, I think, Her hubby surpriser her and came home with it one day and she used it each night.

I love that your mom will be "Nana". That is what I am, too, and it absolutely warms my whole self to hear Abigail call out that name to me! Now we have Hannah, too, and so I am Nana to Hannah! :)

It is good to hear you are doing well, and someday soon you should post a photo of the preggy you for all of us to enjoy.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  10:30:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi, there, Ms. Meg! I was thinking about you and wondering how you are feeling and how you are doing -

Love and good mama-to-be wishes!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  11:28:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Libbie! I am doing very well. Being pregnant continues to be such an adventure. The last trimester officially started yesterday! I am beginning to have baby dreams. I just can not wait to meet this little one! My belly keeps growing and growing. It's amazing.

The sleeping pillow has really helped and Lucas has also become a good pillow too! We are working on the baby room and other house projects we are hoping to get done before the end of November.

I have been following the cloth diaper discussions closely because we are going to do cloth. Oh, I could just daydream about this little baby all day!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  2:26:34 PM  Show Profile
Meg...I have used cloth diapers for 4 kids, and Fuzzi Bunz are hands down the best!!! We have never had a leak with them.

Did you find out your baby is a girl or boy? Or is it going to be a surprise?

Keep on keepin' on! It's all down hill from here!
Kate

http://theknifemakerswife.blogspot.com/2006/07/knifemakers-wife.html
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2006 :  7:25:15 PM  Show Profile
Boy oh boy! (Or girl...) did I miss alot of news while "away"! How wonderful for all of you and everyone at the farm who gets to see you on a regular basis! Enjoy this time and savor the sweetness ( I know it's a little scary too) but it is such a blessing. What a joyful time! Or have you entered the phase of no sleep and growling at everyone (now what was I thinking? You don't growl do you Meg?!
Having a baby around certainly puts you in a whole different frame
of mind as I can attest to this past year! Let's hope you get a sleeper! All our very best wishes to the parents , grandparents and special people who will love and nuture this little one.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  06:44:50 AM  Show Profile
Meg, I get so excited when I read of this new little one coming into your lives. My heart sings for MaryJane, since I am a "nana" and am still quite amazed at the deep, deep joy that a grandbaby brought into my life, and now I have two! Glad you are feeling well!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  9:33:19 PM  Show Profile
Meg - I'm so happy to hear that you're "both" doing well!!! The last trimester - it's just so exciting. I'll bet you are in awe of what your body can do. I know that I was. Has your little one had the hiccups yet? Mine both had them A LOT, and it made me just smile and laugh every time. It's so cute!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  11:01:51 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for all your encouragement! We are just so excited! I feel like this little one gets the hiccups everyday! Is that normal? Poor thing. I could just spend hours watching my belly move around and guessing what body part is what. I can't wait!

Lucas and I started our childbirth classes last week. It was so wonderful to chat with other moms-to-be. Especially fun when we are all so different and have such different notions of how we'd like to do things.

I began working on a rag rug for the baby room. I love it because it is the perfect time to sit and do nothing but crochet and daydream about our baby.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  2:41:45 PM  Show Profile
Meg!! So delighted to hear you are well.. The birthing class experience is a grand one indeed. I'm so glad you are enjoying it. One of my favorite mantra's the woman teaching the class I took when I was pregnant with Reo was, "whatever works for your family is the right thing.." I thought it beautifully released the pressures of what so many families do so differently and what as a first time parent can be overwhelming; do we co-sleep or put baby in a crib? Do I subscribe to the 'crying-it-out method or not? Do I do cloth diapers exclusively, disposables or a mix? Do I make my own baby food or buy packaged? Do I nurse in public no holding back or find a hide-away place? etc, etc, you get the idea.. I firmly believe what works adamantly for one person may not work for another.. Intellectually, this is so easy to realize but I found it challenging when Reo was finally born and everything was so new..I was sleep deprived and a little insecure and there were times when I just wished there was this magical little pamphlet telling me; "this is absolutely fool-proof....every mother the world over does this..." Alas, no such magic exists and mama's are left to their own devices..to discover for themselves what works best.. I just know you'll be great!
Our little Goddess, 'Rianna', is moving around like crazy..last night I got myself all worked up over it thinking she must be having a seizure the way she was bouncing and wiggling!! Crazy, crazy stuff. I am feeling great until about 6 pm and then she turns from a nice soft little bundle to a hard boulder! I've discovered that I can't eat dinner anymore..I just get too full and feel gross for hours and hours..the heartburn is really bad this time around.. UGH!! So I chow at lunch and snack a little here and there and that seems to do the trick. Reo and Aria are getting VERY excited about her coming..Both are in preschool now, which is giving me 3 hours in the morning to myself...first time in 5 years! amazing.. I'm still getting used to it.. Come December, though, I'll be busy again with baby..
Are you all doing a body cast in the next month or so? My Goddess girlfriends are coming to the farm over Thanksgiving to make mine.. Soooo much fun..
Sure thinking of you and celebrating you..
By the way, you are absolutely stunning in the new magazine..no surprise there! Truly a remarkable piece of creativity, talent and inspiration. I absolutely LOVE it!
Much love and joy, Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  2:54:46 PM  Show Profile
Best Wishes to you, your hubby, and Mary jane and Hubby... I know you are all thrilled.......

newheart..........margie
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  08:23:41 AM  Show Profile
Meg, I second what Julia has said so well! You have to do what feels right for you...that Mama's sense is never wrong. The trick is learning to identify and listen to it....

Funny thing is, I thought after my first baby I had things figured out....BUT baby number two came with her own little personality and liked different things. For instance, Eliza loved to snuggle and slept best right next to me, Julia slept better in a moses basket next to the bed....

Not to worry, you will soon "get the groove" of motherhood.

Your rug sounds fun! What colors did you choose??

~Love and light to you~
Kate

http://theknifemakerswife.blogspot.com/2006/07/knifemakers-wife.html
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  11:29:33 AM  Show Profile
I do wish there was a magic booklet for the perfect answers! But we are very excited to explore all of it!

Julia, I am so glad to hear you are doing well. Ugh, it is an adventure isn't it! My solution for sleeping has been to put the body pillow against the wall and use Lucas as my body pillow on the other side. However, in the last few nights I am realizing I am just about done being able to crawl over Lucas for the every couple hour bathroom trip. My belly button is popping! It's so amazing to look down at my belly. Even more fun watching the babe explore around in there! I think we're planning on doing a belly cast when I get even a little bigger. Our fabulous Erik at the farm has volunteered to take some photos of Lucas and I and my belly together.

Newheart, thanks for your wishes. Katiedid, this rug is so much fun. But it is starting to get rather big and funny to work on with my belly in the way. I've picked some blues and greens and then a winnie the pooh that has about every pastel color there is. I am about out of fabric, so back to JoAnns.

Happy Wednesday!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2006 :  8:51:01 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Meg and Lucas and Nana!!! Wishing all of you the best!

I use to buy cheap white baby sheets for my children then tie dye them. My oldest son will be 17, October 30th, and he still has one set that I made him. Good luck with it all!

Cyn
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  2:29:59 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Cynthia!

And Frannie asked on another thread how it's goin'. Well, it's goin' good! We had our doc appointment today and we start our every two week appointments now. Means we're getting close! Frannie, I am due the last week in November and the sex of the babe is a surprise. Of course, Mom (I think I am going to encourage this little one to call her Nana Jane) has already put quite a few darling sun dresses in the nursery closet, so we'll see. We can't wait! I am certainly starting to have some back trouble, a little cramping, trouble sleeping and so on of the usual list...just looking forward to touching this little one for the first time. Every so often I can make out a a little foot or it's rear end and I just have such an intense need to hold him/her in my arms! Oh, I have never anticipated anything so much. Thanks for asking, Frannie!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic This thread now applies to me and hubby!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page