Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 This thread now applies to me and hubby!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic This thread now applies to me and hubby!!! Next Topic
Page: of 4

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  06:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
What a blessed child this is!!! I couldnt be happier for you all...I have to get over to this section more often...I missed this for two whole days!!! I am squealing!!! Sending hugs to you!!!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  08:19:03 AM  Show Profile
What stupendously exciting news! Wishing you joy...the journey is the end, to quote somebody. I'm thinking your journey in motherhood will be a great blessing.
Phil's Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  08:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
That is such wonderfull news. Your child is going to have a wonderfull life surrounded by lots of people who love it. May you have a happy and healthy nine months!!!

Valerie
Yes, I live in my own little world. But that's ok they know me here.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Go to Top of Page

cowgirlinthesand
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

maggie
Williston Fl
USA
38 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  10:00:47 AM  Show Profile
Congradulations!! Wonderful, wonderful news :)
Go to Top of Page

Kate Talley
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
27 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  10:29:51 AM  Show Profile
Meg
Congratulations! Tell us more about your pregnancy! I love love love to talk babies.
Have you been sick?
Are you going to the hospital? Or a home birth?
Will you find out what gender the baby is? Or a surprise?
What names are you thinking of?
Will you breastfeed or bottle?
Cloth diapers or disposables? I am a cloth Mama myself...check out Happy Heinys and Fuzzi Bunz, they rock!
What baby books have you been reading?
I have some great reading recommendations for you! "Parenting the fussy baby and high need child" by William Sears was good, I didn't have a colicy baby, but all kids are high need in my opinion! All of Dr. Sears books are good.

I love my kids, other peoples kids, I just love babies and kids! The best thing that ever happened to me was becoming a mother.

Kate Talley
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 17 2006 :  4:54:26 PM  Show Profile
Meg, Lucas, Mary Jane,
A little late getting this news. Having a really busy time right now.
Just want to dive in here and send my congratulations and hugs and blessings too!
I sent out a mothers day blessing this week to mothers everywhere I think you deserve the blessing to Meg so here goes,
May your mothers day be filled with memories of all the blessings of being a mother.
( I know not quite yet but still those blessings are coming to you)
May your heart be filled with joy from remembering all the laughter!
( I am certain there will be much laughter brought into your life by this little one)
May your soul be filled with hope for the new generation of children born!
( Hope we can teach these wonderful little people a greater sense of respect for our planet home, Hope they will take on the challenge to move toward healing this planet as we have begun to understand the need and work toward that end.)
May you always know that you are blessed among women!
( every woman who is a mother is Blessed)

Motherhood is the most important occupation on earth!
( By observing your child closely and valuing your childs worth, you study your child and teach him/her what's right. Love, Honor, Respect and Truth, these four foundation stones will show your child their worth!)
Bask in this joy!
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth

Edited by - Eileen on May 17 2006 5:03:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  2:35:03 PM  Show Profile
Meg and Lucas..CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I just think this is the most amazing journey. My children have certainly been some of my best teachers and mentors! So, so, so happy you are surrounded by such warm, loving, nurturing people. I'll be sure to give you a big round belly bump-kiss with my big round belly when I see you in July! I'm feeling SO much better these days. My energy level is back as well as my appetite..yippeee..suddenly everything is smelling good and sounding good to eat!! Watch out with me coming for those strawberry shortcakes AND falafel! I've been thinking about you daily, celebrating you and enjoying the magic of this new venture for you and your entire family!
Blessings from my village to yours!
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  5:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh, you are ALL so wonderful!

I am looking forward to getting past this rough stage. Any day now, everyone says. Until then, Lucas and Mom are pampering me. And, Julia, the spring aromas are marvelous!! I was making a turkey sandwich the other day, I love a delicious cucumber on it...I thought I'd gone to heaven when I sniffed the combination of whole wheat bread, mayo and cucumber! And the birds were singing and the breeze was blowing lilacs right through my window! Delicious!! Sadly, it didn't stay in my stomach long. But it is the little things!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  06:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh wow Meg I am so excited to hear that!!!!

Sorry I haven't been on for a long time, but it really made my day to hear your fantastic news!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  08:31:55 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to all. I don't know how I missed this thread! It's a good sign that food smells good to you I think. Nothing was even appealing until the second trimester for me and once it did, I couldn't get enough.

What a wonderful environment your child is going to have to grow up in.

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

http://www.betweenthecities.com/blog/ljr/
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  11:31:38 AM  Show Profile
Holy smokes!! I just got around to reading the rest of the thread, Julia you're expecting too?!! Thats so great! Congratulations to you as well!

I have been out of the loop for so long so many new things are going on! I can't wait to see you at farm fair!

Bobbi

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  3:01:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! I think I have finally made it through the thick of the nausea and hugging my toilet! Whewhoo! It feels good to feel good! And I am starting to get a little tummy, which is quite fun. By farm fair, I should have a good little belly for everyone to rub.

Julia, I hope you are feeling fabulous. And, Libbie and Rebekka, too!

Happy Tuesday!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  3:07:41 PM  Show Profile
Meg! I am soooo happy you are over the hump! I am feeling SO much better..can't even begin to describe! I just chowed on a yummy sandwich filled with all kinds of greens from my garden and peppercinis and jalapenos! I'm telling you, that spicy-pickle thing is doing it for me! Yesterday for breakfast I thoroughly enjoyed spaghetti and meatballs. YEP, I'm pregnant for sure. I'm starting to fill out all over, which is the way it goes for me and pregnancy. I can not wait to say hello to your belly/baby soooooooooon!!!!
Many warm smiles and loads of love,
Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  4:51:25 PM  Show Profile
I ate a whole bowl of popcorn by myself for breakfast today (the whole half cup from the air popper, smoothered in butter)! Love it! Such fun. Can't wait to exchange big belly hugs!!!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  8:59:06 PM  Show Profile
congratulations to all the expectant moms here.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  03:33:26 AM  Show Profile
Congrats!! I can't wait to be a gramma myself!! I keep telling my daughter that "MY" clock is ticking!! Good thing she has a sense of humor!! Keep us updated!!

Georgette

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  9:11:36 PM  Show Profile
Georgette, oh, my mom is so pleased to become a 'Nana'. We are having such fun daydreaming about this little one. Mom is certain it's a girl. Mostly because she has found the most adorable little vintage ruffled shoes!

Lucas and I heard the little heart beat, and, oh, so amazing! We could not be more excited!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2006 :  9:30:06 PM  Show Profile
I know I'm a little late on this thread, but Congratulations Meg, Lucas and Nana Mary Jane! Blessings to all of you. A baby is such a joy.

Also congratulations to all of the expecting Farmgirls here!

Georgann (Aunt George to 13 + 1)
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2006 :  2:53:52 PM  Show Profile
Meg, check out this lunchy snack I just ate! peanut butter smeared over this yummy whole-grain bread with mini twix candy bars! I am beside myself. I just couldn't wait to eat one and then the other sooooo I just ate them together! Yummy delicious! So weird what sounds so good in the moment.. I'm hoping for a healthier dinner; salmon and salad greens ought to do the trick! Am starting to get so excited for farm fair..telling everyone I know!
many cheers, Julia

Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  4:16:30 PM  Show Profile
Julia...love it! I must admit I am eating a salad right now. But believe me, I have really become a bottomless pit. Eating is my full time job lately! And everything (but meat) tastes just fabulous! I have never been so hungry in my life!

So, I could use a few suggestions. I am sure to get mixed reviews, but farmgirl wisdom always helps.

I am at week 16 and supposed to no longer sleep on my back. Ugh, not very enjoyable. I think even my ears hurt this morning. This stressful sleeping can not be any better. Any side sleeping suggestions?

And the no lifting heavy objects? Lucas says no more taking the laundry basket down stairs. Now I don't mind everyone pitching in to help me carry stuff as I begin to wadle. But the farmgirl in me, wants to lift it all with the rest of them. Suggestions?

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  6:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Meg...I have been there a few times!!! A body pillow is the answer. Snuggle it up, scrunch it between your knees and it kinda keeps your belly propped up when side sleeping gets uncomfortable!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  09:24:35 AM  Show Profile
Meg~
The pillows are the way to go, with my 4th pregnancy I was sleeping (or trying to) with 5 or 6 pillows!
Don't worry about the heavy lifting etc... I had a two year old who weighed alot more than laundry, and what do you do when a child cries to be held by Mama? Just please please be sensible, if it hurts to do something, don't do it! If you have any sort of cramps or pains after work, rest, drink tons of water! Like a gallon a day.
I hiked to Timpanogos cave at 8 months, and was just fine.
You are healthy and strong, your baby will be too, just be sensible and listen to your body.
I know it seems like time is dragging, but believe me, before you know it you will be smelling that downy head while you nurse! Best feeling ever! Babies are so precious.
Good luck and God bless
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  10:23:38 AM  Show Profile
Hey Meg I remember that too.. I agree with the pillows, I had a long body pillow that became my best friend during that time.. not only did it help me sleep on my side, but it was also the answer later on when I needed to lay and prop up my feet to help with the swelling in my ankles.

As far as lifting goes, I had to lug Kaylee around while I was pregnant with Halsey and it never caused a problem, I also lugged laundry around the house with no trouble.

The only thing I had a hard time with was stairs and the shower.. for some reason between my balance ever changing with the weight of the baby, carrying Kaylee up to her room and being dizzy and nauseous a lot I had a tendancy to fall on them.. I never slipped with Kaylee, but I had a lot of vertigo with Halsey and slipped a couple of times. Landed hard right on my butt once.. I got scared and called the Doctor but they told me I should be fine and to just make sure the baby was kicking and if so not to worry, but be more careful in the future.. so try to always keep a hand free for the handrail if you are taking things up the stairs.

With standing in the shower.. I used to get faint and have to sit down.. I don't know if it is the steam, or the temperature change or what. That happened with both pregnancies.

Other than that I was right as rain! We hiked up to the Lewis and Clark Caverns, and through the caves when I was about 5 months along with Halsey, then later when I was 7 Months we took Kaylee on a trip to the Oregon Coast and we walked all over the place on the beaches, and through the entire zoo, and the test rose gardens up there, without a problem.. It's safe to enjoy yourself and just rest if you feel like you are taking on too much. (I know I was more relaxed about everything with my second pregnancy because I had been through it once already, but there is no reason you can't still do the things you want with moderation.)

Hang in there!

Bobbi

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  2:21:10 PM  Show Profile
As I was reading about the body pillows, it made me laugh - during my first pregnancy, I had a full-length body pillow that my husband HATED. It took up a lot of room in the bed (we have a double bed) and I absolutely LOVED it. It made things so much more comfortable! Anyway, as time went on and I became bigger and he became less and less enamored of the body pillow, I named it "Antonio" and started to ask him if he couldn't throw "Antonio" over to me and things like that - it was SO funny - that pillow was DEFINITELY the "other man" in our relationship! This time around, I'm finding that I'm doing fine with a regular pillow, but the body pillow thing was just too funny for us.

Meg - everyone here has such wonderful advice - I'll only add that your body knows best - just listen to it. I've been hoisting Will up a few times that he's wanted to be in my arms - I just can't bring myself to say no - but lug that vacuum upstairs???? NEVER!!!!!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  2:29:54 PM  Show Profile
I sleep with little travel buddy pillows. LOL! They are theraputic pillow with the SQUSH stuff inside. They are wonderful. I put two between my legs and I hold one like a teddie bear. If I didn't have to get up to go to the bathroom 2 or more times at night I'd be sleeping beautifully.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic This thread now applies to me and hubby!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page