kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  06:22:01 AM  Show Profile
Just got back in from feeding and it's NOT raining out there. It's SLEETING! I am staying in today.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  07:17:26 AM  Show Profile
We have a total of about 14 inches this morning. Poor DH had to go in early today and work a 12 hour shift. He went straight to bed last night after his struggle driving home, then had to face it again this morning. He barely got out of his short driveway.I hope all who don't have to be out in this will stay in.

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  8:37:12 PM  Show Profile
Hay ya'll Kris and I are in the same mess it seems. I had bulls delivered today and I sorted the moms and babies into one lot and the moms still due or open into another lot.....White cows really don't like that good with their lower halves all muddy. But the romance has begun for both groups of ladies and all is rosy at the Poor House. Every one should SEE a bull walk off the trailer and head into a crowd of lady cows. It's like Rhett Butler on steroids and the bull almost glides into the herd with his head lowered in repect for this new herd/harem. Oh shucks I'm just a hopeless romantic. So ... Life IS good and we ARE blessed and, guess what else, We have spring green up down here. That will get frost bite but its green up none the less. The babies were nibbling on it today and that would be their first taste of GREEN.

I'm pooped out but it feels great.
Sleep well my sisters, wear your long handles coz its going to 28 tonight and there is still a cold wind blowing.

Daizy #1093

Henrietta has not arrived yet .. I'm about to lay an egg!!!

PHR Farmgirl
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

Farm Diva
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Beth
Asheville NC
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  08:43:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh my, we've been having an unusual winter! Snow, ice, sleet, freezing rain, rain! Normally here in the mountains of western North Carolina the average temp is 40 ish during the day and freezing at night. We get a snowfall or two, but it melts after a day or so. Not this year! Grey skies, snow covering the ground!

Do something you love!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  10:27:26 AM  Show Profile
Ya, my sister in Franklin NC said this is a really cold winter for them. My BIL said, "if the rain were snow, it would be deep!" BUT on the bright side, I saw 1 inch buds on our Rhododendron...Soooo.....we may just have an early spring this year....even if we do have 14 inches of snow right now. Gotta say, I've never seen buds this early in NE Ohio! Stay warm and dry sista's!

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  5:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Well today it was cloudy and rainy...
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  6:24:53 PM  Show Profile
Hay, Ya'll I think the wet has decided to dry up. Today was real nice coz there was nothing in the air but air here in central Alabama. Still not sunny and warm but still nicer than it has been. The jeep went thru the mud with no problems and the mud has dried to hard pack on the cattle so (hold your breath) maybe we can dry out. No new babies but the romance of the new bull has begun to settle the ladies down some.....that and the little babies running all over the place. Cold-ish again tonight but as my Dad always said "Just keep on plugging along!" Nothing ever stays the same for long.

Love to all my sisters.

Daizy #1093

PHR Farmgirl
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  04:49:13 AM  Show Profile
Us Chicago area farm girls are getting a snow storm. 7-12". Perhaps it will get me out of my funk. We have that black/pollution dirty snow on the ground right now. Very depressing.

The temps are supposed to be around 20-25 degrees. Very nice for sledding!

Hubby wants to take us here in the next few days for sledding: http://www.palospark.org/attractions.htm It's no longer a tobaggon run - they've made it just for sledding. The stairs may kill me.... but the ride down will be heavenly!

Farm Girl #790

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  05:31:09 AM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll, Hay Deb/City Chick - U go girl and let your hair loose and just fly down. Oh what a fun and thrilling time. Find the Happy in everything do do..

Bless you, Sisters

Daizy #1093

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  07:20:23 AM  Show Profile
We're expecting another 7-13 inches of snow today and tomorrow. I sure hope it goes 'round us. It sometimes does. I haven't dug my poor'lil Beetle out of the garage from the other storm we just had! :O What are you expecting?

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

sarahf
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Sarah
Harrison AR
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  07:48:37 AM  Show Profile
We got some snow yesterday around 5 inches I think. It snowed all day yesterday and through the night but it melted a lot during the day yesterday so we were supposed to get a foot but didn't. It's beautiful and sunny this morning so I'm happy about that. It's pretty cold though (about 15 degrees).

http://www.homemadelyesoap.net
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  08:06:22 AM  Show Profile
rain, rain and more rain here in south carolina....would like to see a little snow since we moved in our new home in the fall and we're surrounded by woods---thought it would look very pretty. good luck everyone else.....hey, anyone up north sick of the cold and looking for a house in florida?? i still have one that i want to sell! anyway, have a great day!!
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  6:44:58 PM  Show Profile
We had a beautiful day today if you like sunny and cold. It was bright sunshine, cold and windy. It is suppose to be colder tomorrow then the next day sleeting rain. We don't need any more rain. I have a huge pile of towels by the back door because the yard is so muddy we have to clean the dogs feet every time they come in and the horses have to have their feet cleaned every night. Sick, sick, sick, of mud.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  10:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Another beautiful and wonderful day in Washington! Thank you God for blessing us with your life giving sunshine!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  08:08:07 AM  Show Profile
Dh is out shoveling. Says we got about 6 more inches...and it's spose to snow all day.UGGGHHHHH! Running out of places to pile it! :-O 20 degrees

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  7:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Judy, I would love to take some of that snow off your hands. lol Today it was rainy but I am still enjoying the weather!! God nows best and it is not for be to judge.
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  1:44:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the offer Channah. I thought of you gals in the mud and thought of how much prettier a layer of snow to hide it would be....but....like you said....God knows best. Your water tables ought to be up 200%. We have light snow today but no accumulation. We have about 16 inches total. I walked up to my moms earlier and it was great. Felt good to stretch my legs....plus I had about 3 meals I'd been saving for her. Each time I cook roast or homemade soup I give her some. Now she has a choice of 3 to choose from. She's tickled. hahaha Hey Gals, on a more serious note, do me a favor and say an extra prayer for us tomorrow. It'll be exactly 1 year that Daddy passed away :*-( It'll be a dark day for us. Thanks girls. I love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  4:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I sure will Judy!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  8:59:38 PM  Show Profile
Hay Ya'll, Judy, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad last year, my condolences. I just lost my Dad a few weeks ago,too. Its alot to take in isn't it. My prayers for you and your family.

Today, we had snow and a bunch of it (for our area). I went to the Cattlemens Convention for awhile today then drove back with some slick spots on the roads. Pretty and white on the drive. Great for the soul and the cobwebs of the brain. When I got back to the ranch we had about 3 inches and the horses had it all over their backs. The cows were all standing, huddled up in a pile....and upon further inspection, they had all the babies in the middle and they were all laying down. Slippery snowed-cover mud tryed to stall the "Big Green Tractor" but ..... You can't keep a good woman down (or stuck)....I just keep plugging along and eventually get it done. The warerobe has really suffered this year. For those that don't know it - Alabama has a nice red clay mixed with other ingredients, like loam or chirt or sand but its the RED clay part that won't come out.

Suppose to be 26 tonight and all the snow/mud will freeze. All state highways are closed now. Sunny tomorrow but still cold they say.

Love to all and God Bless....
Dogs are barking so they need to go out again and make yellow snow.

Daizy #1093

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  10:41:06 AM  Show Profile
Thank you girls! Big hugs and uplifting prayers to you Daizy! Yes, I feel heavy-hearted! We were a very close family.

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  12:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
How are you doing today Judy?
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Dilavendar
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Di
Cortland Ohio
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  1:36:01 PM  Show Profile
Snow, snow and more snow. Ohio has been hit with 2 major storms back to back. Been staying in & having fun on this web site. Hugs Di

Di
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  5:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
here it is rain, rain, rain.... I would love some snow......
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  8:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Hay Sisters. As the Wicked Witch of the West (from Wizard of Oz)would say: ITS MELTING....ITS MELTING!!! the snow, that is and it is really a mess out there in the mud. No new babies but I had to carry feed bags to the weanlings (about 300 yards) almost lost my footing several times during the 4 trips(plugging along).

Another cold night at about 28 +- We could really use about 5 days with no precip. to dry out.

Hope all is well and God Bless

Daizy #1093

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  9:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It was rainy today... not much else.
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Weather Report: Previous Topic Whats the weither like there? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page