Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 I am so mad I could spit nails at him!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic I am so mad I could spit nails at him!!! Next Topic
Page: of 7

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  09:21:53 AM  Show Profile
I will be thinking about you tomorrow Lisa!

That city chief needs to wake up and realize crime happens everywhere and sweeping it under the rug won't make it go away! And if he thinks domestic violence and stalking is just a "marital squabble".... sounds to me Idaho City needs a new chief! That way of thinking is very old-fashioned and outdated and of course completely untrue!

Many Hugs!

~Kristi
Farmgirl #474
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  4:34:29 PM  Show Profile
It's ok, gals. The Boise judge is just another magistrate judge who was assigned my case only because my own judge had to disqualify himself. This initial hearing is only an arraignment, which means all the ex can do at this hearing is enter a plea of guilty or not guilty. That's it. Now, judges come up from Boise often enough on other cases that my judge has DQ'd himself from when there is a trial or a sentencing hearing (the big deal, really important hearings). So, it's ok. There will be two armed bailiff's, the prosecutor and his secretary there and my supervisor is going to have to clerk this hearing as it would be improper for me to do it.

The PA called me this morning to ask me if I was sure I wanted to continue with this case because the ex had called the city chief last night and told him that he had a job offer in Oregon and just wanted to leave and that he would do just that and never return if the charge was dropped. I told the PA that I don't and can't believe a word of that and backing down would be a really stupid thing for me to do. He agreed and said he feared that if I backed down, the next encounter I had with him could be fatal. So, he is going forward. He just wanted to make sure he still had his prime witness (me) before he continued.

Kristi, I think the chief might feel he is not qualified to handle this and had passed the case entirely onto the sheriff's dept investigator that I had finally gone to to file this thing in the first place. I just learned of that today. I thought he was working with that investigator but he turned over the last 8 reports I left for him saying that the sheriff's office is handling the case; not him. When I went to the sheriff's office with this, it was because I didn't feel the chief would do anything about it anyway. And I think I was probably right and if I hadn't gone to the sheriff's dept, it still might not have gone anywhere. Anyway, I'm glad our sheriff's dept is willing to handle city jurisdiction cases.

So, I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  4:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lisa- I am so glad you didn't back out!! Good for you! And I am glad your PA recognizes the severity of the situation. Sounds like the people in charge have all their ducks in a row now. Let us know how the arraignment goes tomorrow.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  5:19:14 PM  Show Profile
You will be in my prayers still, Lisa. Good night above, that man is certainly a piece of work. And not in a good way. :(

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  12:21:50 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, as I've said before, you are in my prayers. I check here daily like many others to "hear" the update and to be sure you are checking in. I certainly hope something comes of this arraignment Friday.

God bless you, and keep your guard up.
Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  05:06:29 AM  Show Profile
Well, I didn't get much sleep and I've been up since 4. I'm soooo nervous about today! I just want this to be over.

Yes, Alee, our PA is a well-seasoned, highly respected attorney and we're very lucky to have him here. Well, technically, he's the deputy prosecutor that was hired to help the elected one, but that's another story. He's been around and has had some huge, high-profile cases throughout his career. I feel very confident in his ability as prosecutor.

I will try to let you all know on my lunch break what happens at the hearing, which is at 10am our time (MDT).

Am I putting on a soap opera here? I am, aren't I?

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:

My apron website:
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  05:15:52 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you. Sometimes life can be like a soap opera, where do you think those writers get those great plots!

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  06:27:00 AM  Show Profile
keeping you in my prayers- hoping all goes well today.
anyone who thinks their life isn't (at some point) a soap opera- isn't being
honest with themselves- I think we all could "write a book" or at least
a few really good chapters! Hang in there girl- we are here for you!
xoxo-Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  07:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lisa- if it is a soap opera- it's the only one I follow every day! *hugs* It will be okay!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  07:28:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hmm.. I was just wondering if the stuff he took from you and your daughter could be listed as stolen property?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  10:56:47 AM  Show Profile
Sweetie, whatever you do, do not drop the charges. Been there, done that. In my case it worked out okay, but I still wish I hadn't done it. Idiot boy told me that if he was picked up again he would kill me and my 5-year-old. I was told that if I went to court and he didn't show up they would pick him up and jail him. Knowing him, he would get it in his head that I did it to him. I decided to just skip it in hopes of protecting my daughter although he had never hurt her before. In fact, when I received a beating, she got ice cream and an apology. I don't know what happened, but his daughter told me he left town with his girlfriend then and was gone for several years and nobody knew where he was. I gather he's back because she is very sick and needs to be around family. But I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

I will be praying for you. Just stay strong.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  11:20:32 AM  Show Profile
The judge issued an indefinate No Contact Order! Will give you all the details after work. I spent most of my lunch hour out in my yard for a change. It was sooooo enjoyable. Later girls!

Farmgirl Sister #35

my blog:

My apron website:
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  11:29:55 AM  Show Profile
Big hugs Lisa!! So glad to hear it. Looking forward to hearing all the good details. I got out a bit ago too. It's so beautiful out today!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  11:58:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is so great, Lisa! I can't wait to hear the details! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  5:09:45 PM  Show Profile
The arraignment for the stalking charge against my ex this morning went wonderfully for me. I stayed out of the courtroom as I feared seeing me there could either set him off or he could take it as encouragement that I still care about him (his mind is that twisted). So, the Prosecutor (PA) asked me what I thought about setting up a jury trial date in the very near future and telling the ex that he can just leave the state and as a result of not showing up for his trial a very high-bond warrant would issue for his arrest. The PA said (and did) make it clear to the ex that since this charge he's facing, while serious, is a misdemeanor he cannot be extradited back to Idaho on this warrant. So, as long as he stays out of Idaho, he won't be arrested, but if he ever returns, the PA assured him that he would be picked up and put in jail and that he would spend a great deal of time there. The PA felt that convicting him and sending him to jail at this point would not do any good and that he would only come after me when he got out. He felt the best way to end this is to encourage him to leave the state and make the prospect of coming back very unpleasant for him. The charge is NOT dismissed and will stand on the books with an outstanding warrant for his arrest for many years as will the No Contact Order. So, if he ever decided to come back, I, and the police would then have "teeth" to deal with him.

The ex accepted the offer after it was explained several times, he waived his right to an attorney (he has too much money to be given a public defender and he doesn't want to spend it on one), to a reasonable period to prepare for trial and various other rights in order to set the trial date for May 7. The PA told him he had until then to leave the state OR be prepared for trial as he agreed because the judge said he would NOT continue this trial to a later date.

The No Contact Order says he must stay 100 ft from me personally and 300 yds from my home and the courthouse. This whole town is only about 300 yards long and wide! Which pretty much limits him to his apartment and any businesses out on the edge of town. Which means I can now go to the store and to work and to neighbors and out in my yard without fear of anything more from him. All the neighbors have been informed of this order. One of my neighbors stopped by a few minutes ago to tell me she drove by his apartment and he had several boxes out on his landing. Yay! I just might be lucky enough that he'll leave this weekend. He might as well. His favorite bar is less than 100 yards from my house. He's pretty much banned from the whole town.

So, I will finally have peace and be able to move on and heal! It's finally over. I think I'll grill me some salmon tonight to celebrate.

Farmgirl Sister #35

my blog:

My apron website:
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  6:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is wonderful, Lisa! What about the property he stole from you?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  9:54:14 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, I'm so happy for you!!! What a relief, and more so when he leaves town. Congratulations, we are all so proud of you!!

I knew those prayers(that many of us were praying)would work!

You must feel 10lbs lighter at least

God Bless you,
Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  05:56:33 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I'm not even going to worry about that stuff. I'm happy with what I got back and he can just live with the deeds he's done.

Cindy, you're missing a few zero's after that number! I feel like I just crawled out of a hole in the earth after the weight was lifted off me. I'm standing in the sunshine; grateful for and enjoying every second of it!

Thank you all for your support, healing thoughts and all the prayers on my behalf. Yes, I believe that is how I got through all this and why it all came out so well for me. It has been a long and rough 5 months.

I am planning a Thank You Barbeque on May 16 to thank everybody for all their help in keeping me safe. You all have certainly done your share, too, and if you're in the area or want to fly in...you are all welcome to come! Just let me know and I'll make arrangements to pick you up at the airport.

Love and bear hugs to all!

Farmgirl Sister #35

my blog:

My apron website:
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  05:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Lisa, I wish I could! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  06:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
lisa,
i havent been around here much, so i just now found this post. i'm happy to know that things are looking bright and sunny for you now. i am going through something similar, so i can really feel for you. i know that a smart farmgirl like yourself has a great future ahead of her.

corrine

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  06:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Corrine, I'm no smarter than anybody else, but thank you! I hope your situation improves soon and my prayers are with you. If you need to talk, you can email me anytime.

Farmgirl Sister #35

my blog:

My apron website:
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  10:14:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh Lisa, I've been thinking about you all day today, as we had a Spring Fling at church & I did Frugal Farmgirl Back to Basics & wore your denim butt apron.. Everyone loved it & wanted to know where I got it. I told them my Farmgirl Friend in Idaho City!! I was praying all was well with you. Onward Farmgirls!!
Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  3:52:03 PM  Show Profile
I am so happy for you! I knew they would all wake up and see this was becoming a serious problem. I hope he leaves soon and then you will have all of Idaho to yourself without having to worry about him!

Many hugs!

~Kristi
Farmgirl #474

"Grown men may learn from very little children, for the hearts of little children are pure, and, therefore, the Great Spirit may show to them many things which older people miss" ~Black Elk
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  8:11:26 PM  Show Profile
i can see why you would divorce him since he's the type of person to be that much of a jerk. your anger is completely understandable. just take pride in knowing that he's out of your life.

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  06:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Lisa, it's been a while since you started this topic and I wanted to know how you are doing. Still thinking about you.
(((hugs Lisa))))

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

The Universe says: Speak abundance and act abundantly, no matter what, and an outpouring of the "stuff," far in
excess of what we could ever spend will come!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Family Matters: Previous Topic I am so mad I could spit nails at him!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page