Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  4:02:02 PM  Show Profile
I feel terribly guilty right now. I told my fiances about the liver issue from my blood test. and they are going to recheck it before there is anything to really be concerned with. i, myself, am worried but i feel atroshish for worring him.

is this a time i should have kept this to myself for the week or so it will take to find out the results or the retest or was i right in letting him know?

i think i would have felt just as bad telling a white lie to keep him from worrying but at least i could have saved him some heart ache.

i'm horrible at hiding stuff.

any suggestions to help him calm down? (keep in mind we are five hours from each other)

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  4:47:05 PM  Show Profile
Karen,

You did the right thing in telling him. If you start off hiding things now (whether to spare feelings or not) you are not basing your marriage (relationship) on truth. I'm sure that you would want him to tell you if there was something going on with his health.

I will be praying for you both. Perhaps you can both pray on the phone?

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  4:51:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sharon, I think perhaps i just needed to know i did the right thing.

I think him and i might need a little prayer time. Between me and his polygraph he took for his job interview today the poor man is stretched to his limit

Karen ^_^

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  7:04:01 PM  Show Profile
Ditto I think you did the right thing too. It always feels akward but in the end I really like somebody with me with my worries. Two Heads are better than one.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  05:57:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Karen, I think you did the right thing, too. it's always better to be up front with each other and this gives him the chance to be support for you. Men do like to be able to fix things so they get really upset if they can't fix it. but I think he would rather know than have you dealing with it alone.

Hope things work out ok and the repeat tests will be ok. You might try taking some milk thistle as it is good for liver support. keep us posted on how you are doing Ok? hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  08:13:37 AM  Show Profile
No doupt you did the right thing.. You would not want him to hide anything from you would you?? You did the right thing. I also have a liver issue Hep.ABC was the last I heard. I'm pretty sure its the hep C one, but I can't remember. I caught it from a patient I had a long time ago. 7 of us on my unit came down with it. I've had it for over 30 years now and have not had any problems except I can't give blood with I hate so I encourage everyone who can to give it for me. Worry not enjoy your life.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  2:41:15 PM  Show Profile
thank you diane, you've put me at ease some.

Karen ^_^

Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Should I have... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page