Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Birth Certificate Name Next Topic
Page: of 9

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2006 :  7:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your test! Try not to get too worked up about it, they say one of the worst things for a medical situation is stress and worry, so try to take it easy. Whenever I am not feeling well I use it as an excuse to go rent all the comedies I can stand that have been released in the last however long it's been since I was down for the count last. Laughter is supposed to help :) May I reccomend Madagascar? Its an animated movie that we watched with my husbands family while we were visiting in Montana and I laughed so hard... it was absolutely silly and I loved it.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2006 :  7:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Patricia, I am sorry about your test. Just rest and take up Bobbi's suggestion!

Bobbi - I just saw Madagascar with my family - absolutely funny! Though I do have that song the Lemmings were playing stuck in my head...
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2006 :  7:50:21 PM  Show Profile
Patricia -- I'm sending love and prayers your way! Take care of yourself and rest.

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/therusticcottage
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2006 :  9:45:27 PM  Show Profile
You are in my prayers for sure too, Patricia...get some rest..you deserve it!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

shelley ginger
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Shelley
Ossining New York
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  03:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Send shelley ginger an AOL message
Dear Patricia...

I'm so sorry to about your test. Please get some rest and do just what the doctors tell you.

Praying for you...

Shelley Ginger

We'll be friends until we're blue in the hair.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  04:35:39 AM  Show Profile
Blessings sent your way Patricia full of positive energy to pass any test given!!!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  07:47:03 AM  Show Profile
Patricia - Thinking of you and sending prayers. May God give you peace and strength. As you are resting, picture in your mind the most beautiful and peaceful and happy place you would ever want to be and go back to it each time you feel nervous. Breathe deep and know that you will be okay.

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  09:10:51 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, take care, and take advantage of the miracles of modern medicine.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  3:23:22 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls

Patricia Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Connie

Edited by - connio on Jan 04 2006 3:24:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  4:25:21 PM  Show Profile
Frannie your grandmothers name was Sarah Catherine. My name on my birth certificate is Katherine Sarah. I was names after my great grandmother. Names are very telling into peoples personalities. Our names say a lot about us. I'm always thinking of names to use for children I'll have someday. I really enjoy old fashion names but then again I like most everything old fashion.

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  4:30:26 PM  Show Profile
Patricia I'm so sorry I just read back through the pages. I'll be praying for you. Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  2:30:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Guys ~ I'm baaaaaaak! Went to the emergency room Tuesday night. Pain had gotten worse during the day and my doctor called to say the test came back abnormal so I decided to go in. They kept me and did an angiogram the next day, which turned out to be OK. So I came home yesterday and am still kinda recovering. The cardiologist thinks it might be my stomach. I have a history of ulcers and he thinks they might be acting up again so I'm going to see my doctor Monday. So, I'll be getting back to the readings soon. I was going to do them this afternoon but I'm not up to it so I'll do them tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who sent prayers and good wishes and a big thank you to Aunt Jenny for the great pin cushion with "rest assured" on it. I love it! You guys are just the best!! So see you tomorrow and onward and upward!!

With love,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  2:36:59 PM  Show Profile
WooHoo good to see ya BaaaaaaaK!! Rest up big time, sometimes that the only good medicine!!
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  2:45:49 PM  Show Profile
Been worried about you! Hope you get good news on the ulcer front too. You still need to rest. While it's true that I'm having withdrawals from your readings and teachings on this thread (as I know many farmgirls are), you need to take special care of yourself! We can wait.

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  3:41:54 PM  Show Profile
Today on my drive home from work I was thinking about you.I was getting worried because I realized we haven't heard from you in a few days.I am glad you are ok and getting better.
Hugs,
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  3:55:36 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Patricia! We missed you! Take care. Luzy

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  4:34:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patricia,

So glad to hear your heart is well. I'm with everyone else...rest up!

Blessings!
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  5:06:43 PM  Show Profile
I thought while Patricia is taking a break from her "readings" we could go back and share our stories of names again.

I've wondered if there is a trend in names according to geographical area? Down here in Texas, big cowboy names, "Bubba" names and city names are popular.....Tyler, Austin, Hunter, Blake, JoeBob, etc... HHmmmmm...those are all boy names. Let's see....girls names are taking on a trend of different spellings and pronunciations....Kayla, Kaylee, Kylie, Keely, Kaleigh, Kahla, etc... The classic name, Grace, is making a come back. I know 7 girls under the age of 5 with the name Grace.

Remember George Foreman? He has 6 sons named George. I was the personal tutor of George #5 and I called him George. They have different nicknames at home, but these are not publically divulged. There is a high school George that's a big football star. That family certainly has an interesting name tradition going on.

I've often wondered why more girls are not named directly after their mothers. I wanted a daughter with my name, Catherine. Everyone's response was that it was hokey. Why? It's not hokey for a man to pass his name on. It seems only appropriate to name girls after aunts or grandmothers. I went to school with a girl named Oteka. (Oh-tee-ka) Her mother was Oteka and her grandmother was Oteka. The mother and grandmother were Indians (I think Cherokee) and Oteka was born to her mother and a white father. I wish I could remember what the name meant.

Blessings Everyone!
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."

Edited by - cajungal on Jan 06 2006 5:07:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  7:54:04 PM  Show Profile
We seem to have this weird thing that goes on in our family---well several weird things really, but there isn't enough time to cover them all=~) Many people on both sides of my family go by their middle names. Both of my grandmothers--Leipha Myrtle went by Myrtle,and all of her sisters went by their middle names; Jessica Margaret goes by Margaret because her mother's name was Jesse, my aunt(her DD)is Margaret Anne but goes by Anne, even my dad goes by his middle name and believe this or not we did it too. My #1 son is Graham Scott and we've always called him Scott BUT now that he's an adult he is known as Graham everywhere except with his family. I guess I never really thought about this before.

Feel better soon, Patricia.

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  10:33:11 AM  Show Profile
Catherine -

In our family, the names are passed down from both my mom and dad's side. My sister, her middle name is Rose, same as my mom's. My brother's middle name is Frances, sames has my mom's father's first name. I am the only one that has a name from my dad's side. My middle name being Louise, after my dad's mother's name. I have no children, but if we ever did have one or adpot one and it was a girl. I always wanted her to have my Grandmother's, on my mom's side, name as a middle name - Margaret. Since that grandmother was like a third parent to us kids, I wanted her name to live on in the family.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  11:36:41 AM  Show Profile
Our adopted kids all have new middle names ...family names. We let them pick their own middle name (from an approved list) We have me maternal grandparents both represented and a foster mom and an Uncle. My older boys are named after relatives too..their middle names. All but my oldest. I guess it didn't occur to me back then, 28 years ago, to do that. I wish I had a family name..I am not named after anyone.

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  4:15:05 PM  Show Profile
Jenny - then the next step is to name someone after you! You can be the matriarch! First (or next) grandbaby should be Jenny for sure (if it is a girl of course). :)

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  4:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I love the name Catherine and there have been many ancestors in my line with that name. To me, Catherine has a classic sound to it, but also brings memories of faces in old family photographs of strong women. I also like the name Emily (my friend's name) and thought the name Emily Catherine had a nice ring to it if I ever get surprised with a daughter. We aren't planning on having kids, but I plan everything ahead anyway.

Haven't completely settled on a boy's name, but I like Philip, and my husband had an uncle by that name that he respected greatly. I also like the name Nathan, but it doesn't have any roots for either of us.

Aunt Jenny, I too wish I had a family name. There are any number that I would be happy, and proud, to be named after. My brother was named after each of my grandfathers. We helped pick my sister's name - her middle name is Anne, after Anne of Green Gables.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  6:00:54 PM  Show Profile
I just have one grandbaby so far...a girl named Kayla Grace. She is a doll.
So...since I have all these kids I am bound to get lots of grandchildren eventually...dosn't look like any time soon though, Kayla's parents are now divorced and none of the other kids have married or look likely to any time soon.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2006 :  08:20:04 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, isn't it interesting that the girl names I gave examples of were Grace and variations of Kayla?

When I was a school teacher, I had several kids that had names which were one of a kind and had no background or history. Some examples are Ronesha, Roesha, DeKeitha, Dyisha, Beachery, Quinisha, Pa'jama,....and most of these were in the same class!

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Birth Certificate Name Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page