Page: of 9

shelley ginger
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Shelley
Ossining New York
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2006 :  08:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Send shelley ginger an AOL message
Catherine...

"Ronesha, Roesha, DeKeitha, Dyisha, Beachery, Quinisha, Pa'jama"

Those are some amazing names!! I love the name "Pa'jama".

Shelley

We'll be friends until we're blue in the hair.

http://www.erikandshelley.com

http://stillmeadowfriends.blogspirit.com/
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2006 :  09:10:40 AM  Show Profile
Jenny -
I can't believe you are a grandma, you're are too young

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2006 :  09:20:56 AM  Show Profile
I am not kidding when I tell you this. The mother of Pa'jama took the word pajama and moved the accent from paja'ma to Pa'jama (kinda sounds like Panama)

Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2006 :  3:34:07 PM  Show Profile
OK, time to get back to work. Next victim is Lady Crystal

Lady Crystal is like two different people in one body. She has a very spirited and adventurous side - in fact, she is motivated by a need for personal freedom and a love of adventure. Woe to the person who tries to tie this girl down if she doesn't want to be tied. She loves change and being on the cutting edge of the new. She'll try just about anything once. She loves to travel, meet new people, see new places and try out new things. She can handle a lot of things at once and keep a lot of balls in the air and she can move from one thing to another with ease. She is versatile, a very free sprit.

She is also talented artistically - very talented artistically. Whatever artistic endeavor she attempts she will do well. She loves color, design, form and freedom of expression. She loves the latest trends and can let go of things that are passe very easily. She could very easily have a career in the arts, performing, creating, or showcasing others.

Lady Crystal loves social get-togethers, probably has lots of friends, and is popular. She shines in the spotlight and can be a flirt.

Then there is another side to her which is totally opposite. It's amazing if she can balance these two sides, because one of her lessons is balance. She must have really wanted to challenge herself with this lesson to have taken on two completely opposite sides to her personality. This opposite side is quiet, introspective, and spiritual. This side is how others see her. She has a real need to be alone and to think. She's smart and inquisitive and loves to figure things out. Honesty is important to her. Her purpose in life is a spiritual quest so she will probably check out many religions and belief systems throughout her lifetime, probably traveling to the great spiritual centers of the world, learning from everyone and enjoying it immensely.

Lady Crystal has chosen four lessons this time: One, as I said, is balance, which will be no small task in her case. This may also manifest in impulsiveness and outspokenness. The second lesson is hard work, and sticking to things, which is why things don't come easy to her. The third is responsibility and seeing things through, especially in relationships (all relationships - family, romantic, professional, friendships, etc.), and the final lesson is spirituality, choosing faith over fear.

Lady Crystal has a challenge, as well. The challenge is over-sensitivity. This will definitely hold back that artistic expression which is so deep in her. She needs to understand how truly talented she is if she hasn't already and to not be afraid to let her light shine.

From age 27 to age 54, she will find that balance lesson at every turn and she will do well with partners if she can learn how to work with them. From age 44-53 she may discover a talent for writing. From age 53 on, she should plan to keep her bags packed as she will never slow down and she will be traveling the world, with her dearly beloved in tow, right up to the end and loving every minute of it.

Happy Wishes!

Edited by - Utahfarmgirl on Jan 19 2006 2:34:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2006 :  3:50:52 PM  Show Profile
Jenny - My grandaughter's middle name is Grace, too. I love that name. So graceful!!! :) Or should I say grace full.

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2006 :  7:43:24 PM  Show Profile
WOW ,I have lots more to say but I need to wrap my mind around this.thank you!Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  4:33:24 PM  Show Profile
Well I have read and reread your post many times.You hit so many things on the head except maybe about being popular.I have many aquaintances but hardly any close friends.

I am a hairstylist by trade so that is artistic,I also sculpt,paint,and write poetry(which no one reads but me).I have had family memebers comment about how no matter what I have going I keep it all together,but I sometimes feel out of control.

I am a quiet person by nature but I do have a wild streak,I will do almost anything on a dare.I love to shock people and never tell me I can't do anything because I will do it just to prove you wrong.My ex husband did that and I prove him wrong every day.

My first marriage was a long difficult one.I learned to be a grown up.I felt like a complete failure when I realized it was over but it was abusive and the best thing I did was leave.I did start my own business at the end of my first marriage.It was very successful.

One of the things about my second husband I fell in love with that he helped my learn how to relax.He loves to travel and so do I.I just never had the chance before.When we retire I want to travel all over.I want him to be a judge for the poultry show we attend, they have them all over the country.You met the greatest people there.I love sitting with the old timers at the shows and talk about farming( me being the city girl I was,I have tons to learn )

I do find it hard to balance my life.I would love to be alone A LOT! but Hubby drags me out and I have a great time but if left to my own I would be a home body.I quess now that I think about it I drop the ball many times when it comes to making friends.Something I definately need to work on.

I love learning things about different spiritual paths,I have studied many different paths.No one every fit me but many things from all of them.I am amazed by all that you had to say.Thank you Patricia you are truly gifted.Hugs,
Alicia

follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  5:14:17 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Catherine
My guess would be that the kids were African-American. Am I correct?
I have worked in A-A communities for years and have known kids named Ladarious, Lonetus, Demon (Daamaaan) and Da Qwan. From my reading about this, it seems that this is a conscious or perhaps unconscious effort to disengage from the Anglo names of the slaveholders and establish a new identity with unique names.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  7:26:26 PM  Show Profile
But gosh, getting called pajama or demon all you life has to be not so fun!!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  8:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
There's worse names out there, Aunt Jenny.
My dad used to be a teacher in a poor part of Pompano Beach about 30 years ago. There was a girl there named "V_gina." Her mother thought it sounded pretty.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  9:22:39 PM  Show Profile
Yikes! Yep..that would sure be worse! wow.

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rosebud74a
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Stacy
Maryland NY
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  11:02:38 AM  Show Profile  Send rosebud74a an AOL message
I think I would change my name...that one is pretty bad. guess i can't complain. I was named Stacy Darlene, which is okay. I like the names seperatly, but I not sure how well they flow. I think, my mom found the name in a baby book, Stacy was more popular during the 70's. She was going to name me Stacy Irene after my Great Aunt. Would have like to be connected to my GA like that, but not sure it sounds any better, and besides my monogram would have been SIN..haha. I like the boys name that she choose for me even less....Chadwick...sure hope she would have called me chad for short...haha . I have enjoyed reading this thread, neat how most everyone has a story for thier name!! Peace,

Stacy

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  12:37:29 PM  Show Profile
Sqrl, you're up!

Our Melissa is another very old soul, with a lot of experience in this plane under her belt. In her heart of hearts, her motivation is art. She is an artist and everything she does is motivated by a desire and a need to create beauty. She has a Master vibration in her Life Path, which tells me she is here to change the world if she so chooses, and this master vibration will allow her to take any artistic venture to the master level. It also imbues her with a deep spirituality, a strong link with God(ess), that gives her access to intense guidance.

Sqrl loves to be on the cutting edge of the new and is interested in what the latest trends are, although she doesn't necessarily participate. People see her as a family person who loves to help others. Art should be her vocation, although she would also do well in any of the helping professions, into which she would inject her artistic sense and love of beauty. In fact, she brings those into all aspects of her life.

Fairness and justice are important to her. She's probably always thinking "this or that is fair or not fair" or "there oughtta be a law about this". She is responsible and disciplined when she wants to be, and she also likes to help others. She has a gift with words, public speaking, communications, and writing. Her emotions go deep and she can take them to extremes.

Melissa came into this life with only one lesson: money and power and her marriage to Andrew filled that one in for her, so she is probably dealing with the financial aspects of their life together. And doing it well.

She is original, creative, a forward thinker, and a "pioneer" in that she is always thinking of new ways to do things that others haven't thought of. Her place is at the front of the parade, whether or not she wants to be there. She should use this visibility to draw attention to her art. That master vibration also draws attention to her, so use it to let people see how talented you are!

Melissa's challenge is addictions and again, this can apply to her or to someone or some ones in her life whose life impacts on hers. Again, the Life path (changing the world in her case) cannot fully express until the challenge is successfully met.

In her early years, I think Melissa was quite popular and artistic, and I also think she had to use that strength that comes from the vibration that gives her all that originality and creativity to deal with a difficult childhood and/or early young adult life. From age 27-54, she is surrounded by yet another master vibration. This is the time she has chosen to really shine. During those years, from age 33-42, she will come into her own, she will have the opportunity to make money with her art and to become very well known. The key here is originality. She will work at her art pretty steadily until age 51, when she will find that she's well off enough to cut down on work and to have time to teach and maybe to write. If she's been vigilent enough with everything I've mentioned here, she will she will enjoy working for the joy of it and not for financial need for the rest of her life.

DH is also an artist, also motivated by artistic longings and a desire to beautify his surroundings. this is a good match because they have a lot in common. It's said that opposites attract, but that is just in the physical world (magnets, etc.). The best matches for people, because they are really spiritual beings having a physical experience, are made with others who are as much like them as possible. In the spiritual world, the law is "like attracts like".

Dh is also very spiritual, has a great connection with nature, and is quiter than Sqrl. At least, that's the way people see him. He is also extremely creative, original and a leader. His place is also at the front of the parade but he doesn't enjoy it when he finds himself there. He's also an old soul. His only lesson is spirituality, choosing faith over fear. He has a very balanced and even personality - no big highs or lows.

He is here on the planet at this time on a spiritual journey. There will be a lot of checking into different belief systems, searching, and questioning for DH. He's also one who always needs to know "why" and to have a good reason for things. He loves to dig for answers, doesn't mind research, and is good with things that have a lot of little parts to fit together, like jewelry. He would make quite a good jeweler, especially if he takes his inspiration from nature. His challenge is independence, which means standing on his own two feet without start ing a world war. He banged his head against this challenge a lot before age 27.

His whole middle life, just like Melissa's, is surrouded by a master vibration, so if he chooses art as his vocation, he should take advantage of the spotlight to sell his work. Family takes precedence from age 33 to 42. This is the best time for fatherhood and home things, but all the way though his life from 27 on, he has the chance to really make his mark as an artist. Especially after age 54, he could change the world. But by then, he's going to have a lot of money and want to travel and see the world and soak up all the artistic experiences the planet has to offer.

AS I said, this is a perfect marriage for Melissa. As I said, she learns her fiancial lesson during this marriage, and taking on Andrew's name changed her viewpoint to a strong home and family one. She still retains her artistic ability and motivation, though.

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

twigs
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

tiffany
lacie ky
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  6:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Send twigs an AOL message
oh frannie i should have known this was a posting by you, hee hee love it.

well i was born Tiffany Laine Wigginton

Tiffany after the Tiffany Diamond, and old lamp for my father was a diamond nut and loved Tiffanys

Laine is after my dear uncle Terry Lane

mother said when she was pregnant with me, when folks would ask her what are you naming the baby, she would say AGITHA MAUDE....ha ha
twigs

May you be surrounded by the things of olde that make you feel like a treasure!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  6:11:55 PM  Show Profile
wowie kazamo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel strange...like you've read my diary (though I don't have one)or I've just been to a gypsy who first stole my wallet to find out more about me first (not that I compairing you to gypsy or anything the such) . It's a very wierd feeling, you know so much. I've been to many different groups with my Mom, like angel readings and past life readings but these people meet me face to face and you know you can read a lot from a persons face and their body language, so I always took all that with a little grain a salt if ya know what I mean. But you have only read my posts and emails and know our names and birthdays. I have to say...you are one talented women. Lets see The only thing that is a little off is that DH is very level..Outwardly yes this is true but not on the inside. But other than that I have almost nothing to say. It fills me with such peacefulness and positiveness. Everything seems like it's going to be just fine although I kind of knew that anyway.

Blessings to you Patricia

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  6:24:01 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, I felt the same way as Melissa,Like you knew me better than anyone ever!It was a strange feeling.
Hugs,
Alicia

follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  12:36:52 AM  Show Profile
WOW Patricia,
Are ya sure you were reading Lady Crystal? BOY hers sounds just like me. rofl
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  10:13:59 AM  Show Profile
Hello everybody! Judes, I put you on the list. It'll be a while since there are a lot ahead of you, but I'll get to you, never fear.

Sqrl and Lady Crystal ~ I appreciate the compliments very much, and this is a good time to say this: If you see yourself in the reading and agree with it, it means you are following your plan. Tough times or easy times, you are doing it. That should be a great source of pride! Also, these readings show one very important thing: there IS a plan. We are not just random accidents. Our lives have purpose and meaning and are part of the whole greater scheme of things. I find that comforting.

Now, for the next few days I won't be posting readings because the next few people on the list have requested private e-mails. So don't think I've forgotten you. I'll resume on site readings soon.

Love,
P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

shelley ginger
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Shelley
Ossining New York
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  1:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Send shelley ginger an AOL message
...and where am I on the list Patricia?? Please please please...huh?? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?? heh heh

Hugs...Shelley

Go to Top of Page

goatgal
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Chasity
Catron MO
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  8:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Send goatgal a Yahoo! Message
My name is Chasity Mae, growing up i hated this name because everyone called me chastity belt (kids are so mean...lol.) I was actually named after Chastity Bono, Cher's daughter, my mother was definatley on something...lol. Dont really know where the Mae came from or why it is spelled with an "e". Most of my friends just call me Chas.

This may sound strange, but it is true. Both of my daughters were named and then about a month later after each child, I found out that I had great great aunts on my fathers side with the exact same name, first and middle. Kali Marie, whom I named marie after both sides of the family and Kali (pronounced like Callie) just because I loved it. I wanted it spelled different for some odd reason. But later found out that she was not the only Kali Marie. And Chloe Elizabeth (we call her Chloe Beth), just b/c I love the name, no family history, that i knew of at the time...
Go to Top of Page

shelley ginger
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Shelley
Ossining New York
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  8:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Send shelley ginger an AOL message
Dear Chasity...

Oh, now that's a pretty cool thing. BOTH daughters ended up being named after great great Aunts?? That's amazing!!

Go to Top of Page

goatgal
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Chasity
Catron MO
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  8:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Send goatgal a Yahoo! Message
I know, kinda strange actually. It is like it was meant to be that way, a way of carrying the family legacy on.
Go to Top of Page

goatgal
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Chasity
Catron MO
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  8:51:01 PM  Show Profile  Send goatgal a Yahoo! Message
Patricia, some day in the distant future could I convince you to do me too...pretty please. No hurry since I know you have many many to do but this is just fascinating to me.What all more do you need to know?
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  9:20:31 PM  Show Profile
Shelley, I don't have any info on you. I checked back thru the postings and there was one where you talked about your family and name but I never got any of the info. You'll be #22 in line if you want to add it now. I need your full name at birth and birthdate.

By the way, did you know Ginger Rogers did all the things Fred Astaire did only backwards and in heels?

Hugs,
P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  9:23:01 PM  Show Profile
goatgal, you're next after Shelley. I need your full name at birth and birthdate.

thanks,
P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Birth Certificate Name Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page