Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Great find tonight on shabby chic style stuff
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Great find tonight on shabby chic style stuff Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  6:00:34 PM  Show Profile
I needed a new slipcover for our couch because the old one was looking rather worn, so I went into Target this evening. Lots & lots of the Shabby Chic line of home decor stuff is on a big sale. I had looked at the slipcover last week but the one I wanted was $129! I had decided to buy a less expensive, off brand, but when I went in, the $129 one was on sale for $32.48!!! There are pillows, slip covers, bedding (duvet covers, sheet sets, etc.), and all sorts of things. Other brands are also on sale, in case shabby chic isn't your thing. Just thought I'd share.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/

Kristine
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

California
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  8:01:07 PM  Show Profile
Thank you...I'm headin' to Target tomorrow!
Go to Top of Page

Kristine
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

California
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  8:05:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi, happymama58, I just noticed that you're in MO. My husband, son, and I will be moving there within the next few months(after searching for the country place of our dreams for over 20 years.)
We visited the state about 2 years ago(my husbands family is from there) and we really feel that it's where we want to be!
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  9:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Good find Patti! i found so many good deals at Target this week too!! I got a wonderful denim quilt comforter for $25 down from $100!! I love sales!

Life's messy!... Grab an apron!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  9:47:51 PM  Show Profile
Stu and I got our personal best for the year so far at Penney's last week. Six $50 sweaters for $1.77 each. Woo hoo!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  07:21:13 AM  Show Profile
Kristine, I'm so glad you decided to move to Missouri! I've lived alot of places (dd was in the Navy and dh was in the Air Force), and I honestly believe that Missouri offers so much in one place. We have 4 distinct seasons, diverse terrain, lots of rural area along with some large cities, etc., etc. The only thing I long for is the beach. But you can't have everything. Anyway, what part of the state are you moving to? I'm in the process of starting a FarmGirl Chapter down here in Southeast Missouri, and it would be wonderful if you could join in.

Patricia, what a steal on the sweaters. I'm a sweater person -- absolutely love them. Unfortunately, my farmboy dh does not like sweaters. He owns 2 and will wear them over a button-down to church or something, but that's about it. My 19 yr old son won't wear them at all. I don't know where I've gone wrong! But finding an article of clothing in a department store for under $2 is a miracle now-a-days.

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  08:07:16 AM  Show Profile
I'm wondering if they're discontinuing the Shabby Chic line at Target? Gotta go check this out because I want slipcovers for Spring and Summer.

Mine is just a little old fashioned garden where the flowers come together to praise the Lord, and teach all who look upon them to do likewise.
-- Celia Thaxter

http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  3:29:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Patti,
I'm so glad you are doing starting one down there. When you move will it still be part of SEMO? Is a chapter formed more locally or regionally? What are the requirements for belonging to a Farmgirl chapter? Is two hours close enough? I've not looked into it because I think you are the closest MO farmgirl to me and my chances of finding others here are probably pretty slim. Unless they are out there hiding and haven't identified themselves yet. m-m-m-m-m...I wonder where they are....m-m-m-m.....

So whenever you get one started and if I meet any of the requirements, and you are willing to have me, I'd definitely be interested in hearing more about it or even being a charter member. (I just re-read my post, I do sound a bit rude by just assuming and inviting - sorry about that.)
Having Kristine close enough to join in would be pretty awesome, too. We could be her welcoming committee!

Great deal at Target. I was at Gordman's last night and they have a lot of farm/country type decor all clearance priced. I was being "forced out the door" before I really had a chance to look through it so I couldn't tell what all was there, but as I walked by the shelves I saw lots of barn-red items, stars and barbed wire, tin buckets and a wooden tractor. I couldn't look though, they were flashing the lights and about to close.

I thought my $50 shirts and sweaters were a great deal at 3.77 from Penny's last week, Salt Lake you got me beat by a mile - that is surely the sale of the year. Way to go!

I hope you are having a great weekend, it sure is a nice one. Take care and blessings to you.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks

Edited by - FarrarFarmgirl on Feb 25 2006 3:32:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  4:47:34 PM  Show Profile
Lynda, Just checking in between loads of laundry and housecleaning, so this won't be very long. When we move, we'll only be going about 30 miles west of Cape. I'll still be teaching in Jackson and dh will still be at P & G. So it's not a huge move, just that we'll be moving to the country.

Yes! I want you to join and you were going to be the first person I contacted! I wanted to talk to you about what would be best for you as far as getting together, etc., so it would fit in with your schedule of being down here. As far as requirements, I was thinking it would be open to any gal who is a FarmGirl in reality or a FarmGirl at heart. What do you think?

Gotta go -- the dryer just buzzed and if I hurry there won't be any wrinkles. I'll email you later.

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2006 :  07:36:01 AM  Show Profile
Hey Patti, I know I'm probably too far from you to join the chapter, but keep me in mind too, we need a chapter in the great Show me state!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2006 :  08:32:29 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE the Shabby Chic line, but it is expensive! I usually buy sheets when the go on clearance...I just bought a pretty set for half price a few weeks ago. I love the Shabby Chic sheets. They are generously oversized & feel like the old timey cottons our Grams used! I better get back in and see if things are discounted futher! LOL

Celia, I don't think they are discontinuing the line-just clearing out certain designs, and winter items (like flannel sheets). If you shop Target regularly you will see that they clearance everything pretty fast!

Oh, Target shopping tip! If you see a little plastic sign holder on a display with a paper slip inserted backwards, you will know that this item is going on sale the next day. You will only see the Target logo showing, the sale price is inside. Yes, I have friends in high places.

Blessings,
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2006 :  10:50:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the tip about the paperclip. Target is actually my favorite department store, so I go there quite often, oftentimes just to see what's on sale, browse, and get ideas.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Great find tonight on shabby chic style stuff Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page