True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  08:25:43 AM  Show Profile
Patricia -

If you have time, I would like my name done also. I know you have alot of requests. My birth name is "you have the information now"
Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan

Edited by - asnedecor on Jan 15 2006 4:09:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  09:00:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh WOW!!! Patricia, you were right on! Except for working in the medical field. It's funny, I am deeply spiritual and I feel connected to God through the earth, I guess that's why I'm so passionate about gardening. But having been raised in Las Vegas, where no one I knew went to church ( sad I know) and my Dad always worked on weekends and my Mom still doesn't know how to drive to this day, so I was never taught about religion or attended church. Our blended family has ended up with half of the kids Baptist and the other half Penecostal, two of my sons are preachers in each faith. My only struggle in life, aside from money problems now and then is raising a blended family, we weren't the brady bunch even though we had 5 kids bewteen us, but what drove me was a inner feeling that I was meant to raise these two extra kids, and I'm proud to say all 5 have turned out quite well. Money isn't everything and we know we will have to work the rest of our lives, but that's ok, as long as the kids are all safe in their love, faith and happiness. Thank you again!!!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  09:39:24 AM  Show Profile
Sweet Sue, the medical field was only an example of the type of job you are best suited for - nurturing. Look at the responsibility you took on (there's that motivation again!) and accomplished beautifully! As for spirituality, one's spirituality is one's relationship with God. One's religion is how she expresses that relationship. Two different things. One does not need to be religious to be spiritual and seeing God in nature is the purest form of spirituality. Listening to those "inner feelings" is listening to God speaking to you. I'd say you're following your plan very well. And don't forget, dealing with money is one of your lessons. Right on for Junebug!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  10:04:16 AM  Show Profile
This is so interesting, can't wait to hear more. I have often thought that science seems to be set on disproving the existence of God, but in spite of trying, they are proving his very existence. It isn't very far from the Big Bang theory to "and God said, Let there be light". Cool stuff.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  10:15:19 AM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, my husband, Stu, who is a Theoretical Physicist, says actually, theoretical physics is the attempt by science to either prove or disprove the existance of God. Science takes the middle road. Science works with the physical world. Faith works with the unseen. It's really two roads to get to the same place. Stu also loves to point out that all attempts by science to get information on anything are hampered by human limitations. Mathematics, for instance, is a human devised system and therefore innately flawed. 99% of the time 1+1 will equal 2 but that hundredth time when it won't is what keeps scientists striving. There is a computer in Europe that has been extrapolating Pi for over 10 years now at computer speeds, spitting out these incredibly long series of numbers. It has not yet reached the definitive answer. Why knows if it ever will? But it goes merrily on. Interesting to me is the fact that at one point it spit out eight 8s in a row and then went on. No one knows why. I think I do. By theosophical addition (which is what I use here) eight eights are 64 and 6+4 = 1. One represents the beginning of everything in our Universe (God). Also the eight vibration is the most material and physical. Hm..... Science is not the enemy of faith. It is its partner. The scientist merely is bound by human physical constraints. I know many scientist who are extremely spiritual. (Stu, for one, although he is not at all religious). BTW, I love Stu's explanation of the Big Bang, which differs slightly from Hawkings and makes more sense to me. (Hawking was his boss at Cambridge for 24 years). Moving on...

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  10:54:25 AM  Show Profile
patricia .. waiting waiting here .. what is stu's big bang theory? it would make sense to me that they do indeed work together .. if there is a God .. then all of science is a part of God. it's jus' we humans who haven't got it all figgered out yet.

xo, frannie

p.s. and i am definitely counted in that number that believes there is a GOD (don't know that i believe 'he' was a 'he' .. but defintely ... an infinite power. i'm still workin' on that one! (yep .. one of those 'humans' who are still figgering it out for myself). With that said, i am deeply spiritual in my belief in God .. and am so very much at peace with these beliefs.

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

jenny louise
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

jennifer
cass city MI
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  12:01:47 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, I don't want you to do my name, but i just wanted to say that i am really enjoying reading all of this and want to thank you for what you are doing and saying. Gives me good thought...jenny louise
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  1:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Barb and Anne, you're on the list!

Frannie, I'll do Michelle if you want. Let me know. I have a funny Big Bang story. When Stu and I first got together, he and I met daughter Christina at a restaurant. Meeting Stu for the first time, she looked at him with those big brown eyes and said, "So tell me, what's this Big Boom thing?"

Frannie, here's Stu on the Big Bang:

As Einstein (paraphrase) said "nothing is created, nor is anything destroyed"....but he didn't finish the though, which should be that energy constantly changes form.

Everything that exists is a form of energy. The amount of energy that makes up the universe is constant. At the time of the big bang, the total energy became so concentrated that it imploded, and energy started to divide into it's two basic components, particle (or matter) and wave. As the expansion continued, planets formed and life egain, and it continues to this day. It appears that the so-called "big bang" happened about 13 billion years ago. It is my belief that there is only "so much" energy containmed in the universe. We call that amount infinite because it is such a huge amount. I belive most people use the word infinite incorrectly; the universe is a closed and not an open system. You can not (for example) have such a thing as infinity plus one. Anyway, the universe will eventually run out of energy and stop expanding. Gravity will take over and the universe will start to contract. We have no idea how long it will take to contract until there is another big bang. In my mind, the universe is kind of like a giant Slinky, and has always contracted and expanded over time. There have been countless big bangs and contractions, and creation, at least to me, is absurd. What many attribute to an outside source they call God, I belive is innate in the universe itself; no creator and no creation. There are other Theoretical Physicsists that have different views, including quite a few who belive the universe will continue to expand forever. None of us actually have any way to really prove our theories. Time and space are actually constructs of the human mind. We have constructed many things in order to relate to one-another; math, langauge, time, space, etc. In "fact", none of these really exists. I simply use the term "what is" instead of God, because God is a purely theistic concept, and I am an anti-theist (NOT athiest). I do not belive in an "ouside creative agent" which most would call God. I simply call everything "what is", and use human created things such as math and language in an attempt to quantify things and realte to others. All things in the human experience are simply a matter of perception of this "what is"...

Patricia here again. There, now you've had a brief Cambridge education, lol. If you have questions, I'm sure Stuie would be happy to answer.

now, on to your lesson, Frannie (and a couple of other things). Your one and only lesson left here is responsibility and family life. That's why you always get stuck taking care of everybody else and why you take on responsibility you don't have to take on. The lesson here is not to take on anything you can't foresee finishing. It's better not to assume a responsibility ("Sure, I'll chair the bake sale!")in the first place than to take it on and then abandon it. Seems to me taking care of all those po chillins in the orphanage gets you a big gold star.

Also, your purpose on this earth at this time is to direct and manage. You are a natural business woman and you are very good with financial things and with delegating duty. Everything you touch should turn to gold. Until your birthday in June, you are wrapping things up, lots of projects finishing and and lots of things ending. This is to make room for an all new 9-11 year cycle starting in June, 2006. Don't try to start any big projects until then. You'll find it slow going. Afterwords, you'll sparkle with creativity and originality.

From age 54 on, it's all about family and artistic achievement for you. Age 43 to 54 brought a lot of knuckle down, nose-to-the- grindstone work. Now, it's time to play. Enjoy!

And thanks, dear sister, for giving me this idea. It's fun and I think our sisters are enjoying it.

Now, I'm gonna go lay down and watch Martha. I seem to have developed another cold and I'm miserable. More tomorrow. Also, there are some ladies who have requsted private readings, and they will get them emailed. Sniff, snort...

Love,
P (& S )

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  2:39:21 PM  Show Profile
Patricia - sending you healing thoughts. Take care of that cold, and thank you for all your wisdom!

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  3:41:43 PM  Show Profile
I have just finally had the time to begin reading this thread. I have loved it so far.
I would also like to have a reading so I won't give any history right now just the facts.
Hi Patricia,
I just edited out my info. If you do not have is saved from here I will send it to you when you are ready to do mine. Thank you.
Eileen

Thank you Patricia. I do not think it needs to be private.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth

Edited by - Eileen on Jan 17 2006 5:10:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  4:39:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patricia,
Hope you feel better soon. Wish I could make you a big ol' pot of chicken noodle soup for that cold. Take care and keep warm and rest. I will contact you at a later time for the doggie reading when you are feeling better. Hugs, Luanne

P.S. Thanks for all the info. on everyone, so interesting! I think we are all learning a lot.

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  5:30:13 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, Do take special care of yourself while you have that cold. Many folks I know here who are very sick, started with just a cold that they didn't take the time to nurse away. Load up with lots of Vitamin C (it's never too late) and rest. Hope to hear that you were able to get rid of it quickly. Ditto on the soup...broth and pastina would be headed your way if I lived close by. You are so generous with your talent/gift/skill. We are enjoying reading your insights. But, for now...rest.
Rebekah

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  6:34:28 PM  Show Profile
My name isn't much of a story: I was born Cynthia Ann Wyman, I was named after my mother's mother Cynthia Louise McGlothlin. It's rumored that I was named after my dad's ex-girlfriend too.

My daughter's name is Teralynn Catherine Wyman. Her father insisted her name start with T, and I didn't like the name Tera (lost out a boyfriend to Tera years past). My cousin who I adored was Cathrine Lynn.... so I changed the name up a bit and she ended up with a name I liked. I thought Teralynn was such a beautiful name I would never yell it out in anger... then she turned 10! Well... that's another story I suspect. She hates her name I should mention and only goes by Tera.

Cheers,
Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  8:51:43 PM  Show Profile
Wow. This has been a fabulous thread to read! Utterly fasinating! And the universe theory had me nodding my head. Right on!

Please do me too! I'm totally fine with public sharing. Okay, here are my details:

My birth certificate reads Catherine Sachiko *****. I was born on ** **, 19** just before noon.
Sachiko is spelled with the kanji symbols for happiness and child, so I guess that makes me "Happy Child" (many would debate that!)
Up until university everyone called me Cathy, and then in university people started to call me Cat, although there was a group of people that called me Cathy. At work, they call me Catherine. A dear, dear friend named me Shaleigh, but I don't use it anymore. My sister's nickname for me is Gaffy. My Granma used to refer to me as the tallest, eldest sister (it sounds better in Japanese).
When I talk to myself, I am Cat.
I don't know if it would help, but the kanji for my last name roughly translates to "small field shrine."

Thanks! -Cat

Edited by - CityCat on Jan 19 2006 5:29:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  9:11:25 PM  Show Profile
family life always has been and will always be number one priority with me. (ha! not sure how 'responsible' i am .. i guess i am in some ways and not in others!) i was taught early in life (by example) to love and revere family.

I have indeed been a 'caretaker' .. for most of my adult life ... but don't see that as much different from most of my friends. I did the regular mommy/wife caretaking .. and did, indeed raise our granddaughter for most of her life (which was a blessing the majority of the time) and the last time i had caretaking responsibility was about eight years ago when my dad was in his 80's and he came to live with us for a couple years .. then my sweet sister had him live with her for a couple years. And we both look at this time with him as a wonderful life experience for us to get to know him even better. He was quite independent even then. He has been in a nursing home for about 4 years now .. and bless his heart, is now under hospice care. We were told about two months ago that he didn't have much time left on earth. My sister was telling me today that he travelled to his sister's home for a big Christmas Day celebration and dinner (and hospice had told her he might not make it to Christmas!) She sent me photographs and he looked like he was having a grande time! (She said he ate 'like a big dog'). And I ADORED that his 85 year old sister gave him a CLOCK as her Christmas gift from her to him. EVER the optimist! That too, has been a family lesson passed from generation to generation.

I honestly feel that the caretaking that i have done has been an important part of making me who i am .. and have never seen it as a 'chore' or anything other than just being a part of a family .... and i often marvel at some of my girlfriends who have had handicapped children that they have so lovingly given their lives to raising and loving and being there for them all the time.

I've never too much worried about whether or not i could finish a project that i start .. but do love doing a really good job at whatever i do take on. And i have always loved 'short term' projects. (Lordy! i have boxes and boxes of started but never finished craft projects .. and every few years i will 'wander' through them and either finish something up .. or more likely .. give it away or head for the good will OR trash can with all those supplies!)

Also, your purpose on this earth at this time is to direct and manage. You are a natural business woman and you are very good with financial things and with delegating duty.

O.K. i doooooooo love to be the 'momma' ... my aunt said that as a child, i always wanted to be 'the mother' .. to be 'in charge' .. 'to run things'. And had an amazing way of cajoling all the neighborhood kids to follow my lead! But managing money is very definitely NOT a strength of mine! About the smartest financial move i ever made in my life was to marry a man who is EXTREMELY gifted in financial matters .. if it were not for him .. i'd probably be livin' on a park bench and eating cat food out of a can! I have NEVER 'worried' about money .. it just always seems to come when i need it ... (from pennies to dollars) ... hank has always said about me that when i would go 'garage saleing on saturday mornings' .. it never bothered me if i only had TWO dollars or TWENTY dollars ... or TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS .. that i'd just look for nickel and dime stuff or dollar stuff and STILL come home with a car bulging at the seams!

I love always having projects going .. and lots of them .. i swear, i think i thrive on them!

make room for an all new 9-11 year cycle starting in June, 2006.

WHEW .. i read that one wrong and thought i had a big NINE-ELEVEN event happening before June!

Don't try to start any big projects until then.

oh chile' .. i would bust if i don't! i have a goal of getting about 30 dolls made before March of this year. AND .. i'm starting our 'on-line' dolly class which can be major time-taker .. but one i love! AND .. i'm actively involved in projects with our town Arts Council, Antiques Emporium, Chamber of Commerce, Merchant's Association, Rotary Club, Leadership Green County, our springtime County Fair, three Homemaker's Clubs, Garden Club, and several that i probably just can't think of right now. I also want to take more 'basket-making' classes (once a month), get back to rug-hooking and i just bought a book on 'learning to crochet'. And 'travel' is important to hank and i over the next ten years of our retirement.

I've pretty much always made time for 'play' in my life ... but especially since age 51 when i retired from work in Washington. (I was telling my sister today, that when she retires this spring, she will be busier than ever .. but it will all be FUN busy .. and in her own time busy). (I remember when the girls at worked asked me what i was going to do in my retirement ... for the rest of my life). I had a one-word answer for them: "PLAY" ... and it's been a dozen years now and i've kept my promise!

I'm really enjoying all you are writing to the girls ... and am 'digesting' the BIG BANG theory! you are a sweetie to share with us! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  02:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
My notion of the God theory versus the Evolution theory is:

They are one and the same thing.

Who on Earth know what exactly entails a "day" in God's time.
It may be 1,000,000 days or 1 billion years...The Bible was written by men to be read by men, of course it would be written in our terms.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  08:46:45 AM  Show Profile
Yes! Frankly, I don't see the big deal and I think all the squabbling is silly. It doesn't matter to me who, when and where. To me, God is behind it all whatever way She chose to bring it about. I think all these squabblers should get to helping people, feeding people, figuring out ways to stop disease, finding loving homes for children and animals who don't have any, and stop raising my blood pressure.

Love,
P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  10:26:02 AM  Show Profile
well said Patricia!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  12:25:52 PM  Show Profile
I agree Patricia.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  12:32:09 PM  Show Profile
Amen to that Patricia!!!!!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  1:59:25 PM  Show Profile
My birth name is Melissa Louise Knott. My middle name is Louise after my Grandmother that died before I was born. I have gone by Missy all of my life. I've always felt more like a Missy than a Melissa. I've been called Miss, Missy-lou and my all-time favorite is the nick name my Grandad gave me as a little girl "sweet-tater". That name was exclusive to him of course!

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  2:13:39 PM  Show Profile
Patricia- I wish I would have read all the way through before I posted. Interesting discussions going on her! If I'm not too late I would love for you to do my name as well. As in the prior post, my birth name is Melissa Louise Knott and my date of birth is 7-7-70. I have always wondered if there is a significance to all the sevens. I am fine with you posting on the board. Thanks and Blessings,

Missy

I would be glad to barter for your time!

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  4:19:30 PM  Show Profile
No prob, Missy. You're on the list. It'll be a while as I'm taking people in order of when they asked. I love to barter. What do you want to trade? P

Also, everyone who wished me well on my cold, thanks a lot!! It seems to be gone! I sleep with a machine that keeps me breathing (sleep apnea) and it could be the germs have just been recycling in the air. I cleaned out the tubing and the mask well with soap and then vinegar, so hopefully the germs are gone. We'll see. Thanks again!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  4:27:29 PM  Show Profile
Glad You are feeling better Patricia.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  4:31:17 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls are the best. I wish everyone in the world had the kind of love and compassion we enjoy with each other. Think of how wonderful the world would be! Thanks again, everybody.

Love,
P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Birth Certificate Name Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page