Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Farmgirls' Pets -What kind do you have?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Farmgirls' Pets -What kind do you have? Next Topic
Page: of 4

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  10:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Glory...Your photos are sooo marvelous! The kitties are precious! and oh my!!!..... the Geese! Picture Perfect!!!

Until Later,
NM Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Lulu
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Aunt Lulu
Michigan
19 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  07:19:12 AM  Show Profile
I have one cat...Pippa, One white German Shepard...Juno, and two chickens...Minnie and Nellie.

TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED......IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  3:05:35 PM  Show Profile
At this time there is:
Ifa, a queensland/pit mix, 13 yrs old
Jerico, A hybid wolf/dog, 7 yrs old
Pebbles, A Staff bull terrier, 5 yrs old
Ruby, a carin/king charles spaniel, 2 yrs old
Pickles, a Rat Terier

YoYo,a silver tabby, 17 yrs old
Whisper, a tortise shell, 15 yrs old
Andy, domestic shorthair, 13 yrs old

Freddie, pied cockateil, 19 yrs old
Herbie, Blue front Amazon, 7 yrs old
Sherbert & Lil Blue, parakeets, 1 yrs old

Totsie, Californis Desert Tortise, approx 55 yrs old
Lil Man, " " " , 8 yrs old

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  4:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I have:
2 male rabbits cocoa and oreo.
3 goats 2 female and 1 male. there names are Esther, SadieMae, and Joey.
1 dog, Ginger.
ane soon we will 1 cat.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  4:49:44 PM  Show Profile
Lets see,we have 6 dogs.

Noah aka Old Dog, mutt, I inherited him when I bought my first house. Hes about 15

Rex is about 4, golden retriever, given to my husband from the school where he used to work

Carl - 3 years old, golden retriever/lab cross. Ginormous dog, adopted when he was a pup from DHs cousin

Boomer - also 3, golden retriever given to us by a couple who couldnt keep up with him.

Jack Jack - 2 years old, showed up after being dumped off by his former owners, spent 3 days under the house and narrowly escaped being eaten by our other dogs. He is some kind of poodle mix, very small and curly.

Benji - beagle/hound cross. About 7-8 months old. Still very much a puppy, also showed up abandoned by owners.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  1:14:34 PM  Show Profile
I really want pets someday, but right now I have 3 kids and that's enough for now!! I actually hope someday to have sheep or goats and probably a dog! Hubby is not big on cats!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jenzi
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Jenna
Berlin MD
21 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  1:33:40 PM  Show Profile
We have a bloodhoud (Ellie Mae), an english setter (Trist), 4 cats (Snicker, Skunk, Trouble, and Casper), 20+ chickens (Trump, Cletis, Clyd and many ladies) and 2 horses (Sandy and Nugget). I thought that was a lot until I read some of the other ladies' posts!
Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  2:43:56 PM  Show Profile
We are owned by Mr. Bear, a 10 y/o Jack Russell Terror; Miss Rosie, an English Springer Spaniel, also 10 y/o; and Brinn, a precious, not too bright 3 y/o brindle boxer. I want more, but where we live now we are restricted to 3 dogs. But once we move to our farm, I plan an increase in 4-legged babies.
Here's a peek at Brinn...

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3

Edited by - GrammyGoose on Aug 02 2009 2:46:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  2:51:42 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to share a scrapbook page I did of Brinn when she destroyed my dh's recliner in his workshop.
I hope you enjoy it!

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  6:43:46 PM  Show Profile
Maggie, I have a goat named Sadie Mae Belle. What kind of goats do you have?

Sue, that is so cute! Even when they're bad it's cute. I had a dog once who totally destroyed our couch in the living room to make it "fit" him better. Bad dog.

It's nice to see this post again. Lots of new girls to share thier pets.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  6:48:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
ok, here it goes,
My baby is a year old Great Dane,Brutus
my little girl, Calaco Cat, Skillet (yes like the frying pan, it wasnt my idea)
a male and female cat, rufus and pebbles
we've got quite a few cows, but i dont consider them pets.
And then there are the barn cats.... i dunno, last time i counted there was 45 of them.

SO my guess is we have alot of pets, just NOT ALL in the house!!!

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  6:56:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh, let me see. I have a cow named Black Betty, 4 pigs named Wilbur, Eleanor, Babe and Arnold, 7 Buff Orppington chickens, Nigerian Dwarf goats (too many to name) 1 cat named Littleman, 3 dogs, a Yorkie named Stella, a Great Pyrenes named Lily and a Bernese Mt Dog named Annabelle. And a rogue hen named Waldo

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

aunt boby
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

toby
polo illinois
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  7:07:25 PM  Show Profile
We have two dairy goats- Layla and Velvet
26 meat goats -some have names and some do not
Two very fat cats- Delilah and Spike
Our ten year old mutt-Samson He is a Lab/Rottweiler mix. Poor guy has arthritis something awful and not sure how much longer he'll be with us.
And the occasional critter brought in by the kids. This spring we had a baby rabbit and raccoon.

POOR IS THE MAN WHO CANNOT ENJOY THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE- anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  08:22:29 AM  Show Profile
I am a cat person .......... I have three: Brutus, Cosette, and Splat. Yep, Splat. She was dumped on the highway and we picked her up and love her to death! I have a Dalmation, Sebastian. I have 12 horses but they're not "pets." They're my "kids"......... But then I guess they're all my kids; come to think of it.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  08:26:50 AM  Show Profile
We have a beagle named Daisy, too! I love, love a menagerie. I've never lived without a pet, and probably wouldn't.

Let's see...we have 4 dogs: Finn (a pit/English setter mix), Rose (a 115 lb. German Shepherd), Elie (a lab/collie mix) and little Daisy, what they call a "Kentucky Field Beagle" short, stocky and mighty fast!

We have two kitties now, since Stooka passed a few weeks back. Jack Sprat and Professor Pumpkin. They are aging, each about 12 years old now.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  10:50:02 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kristin, I have nubian, Toggenburg, Sannen mix. I love that name Sadie Mae Belle. very cute! My goats name is SadieMae Marie.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  6:54:17 PM  Show Profile
these are my pet children, Sam (the cat) and Shelley (the dog). we sent these pics out last year with Christmas cards... everyone thought they were a hoot!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  7:18:09 PM  Show Profile
here are some more.... sorry, i just like showing off my kids!

for some of the best pics of Shelley, go to the thread "i'm so frustrated with my dog" in "barnyard buddies"

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  9:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
So cute!!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

MuslinBunnies
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Tina
Franklin NH
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  5:48:15 PM  Show Profile
I just love animals! Currently we have 2 cats, 6 Chinese blue breasted quail, 1 diamond dove, 1 zebra finch, 1 White's treefrog, and an angel fish (with a couple other fish, but she's the one that begs for attention 24/7!) I don't think all the crickets count, do they?

Tina A.

My Website: http://muslinbunnies.tripod.com/
My Etsy: http://FelineFeathers.etsy.com
My Button Quail Site: http://groups.google.com/group/button-quail-planet
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  5:57:49 PM  Show Profile
We have three dogs, Chula, Grace & Rachel. Three cats, Bumper, Otis & Mary-Margaret, & four Gerbils, Axel, Bootie, Fabio & Oops.
My house is full!!!
Go to Top of Page

cityfarmgirl14
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Melissa
Idaho
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  06:57:35 AM  Show Profile
We have 4 indoor cats (and they are really fat!). We can only have one outdoor animal if it's 30 pounds or smaller so we have to stick with cats. I really want to live in the country and have lots of animal......especially horses!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  06:14:01 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, your black and white cat looks just like my Alex. They could be twins. He just needs some goat milk on his nose!

Maggie, I have Lamanchas and a Nubian. I just sold 2 of my does so now just have 4 left. I would like to sell one more and get to a reasonable number for just us.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  7:52:44 PM  Show Profile
Pets, who has pets? We have 4 great danes, Zoose the Moose, Kira, Layla, and Aries. Cats - Jasmine (it's a boy cat), Mab, Tristan, Mojo, Sierra, Romo and The Barbarian. I black lab/dalmation mix named Robert Bayley, and a border collie mix named Zoe Saroia. Then there are the Parrots one Amazon named Basil and two Eclectus named Kiwi and Rosey. Then there are three ferrets named Pogo, Cosmo and Draco. Two finches Prince Caspian and Maggie. Three horses 1 draft/quarter cross gelding named Faran Issoba, 1 quarter horse gelding named Colonel Montgomery Dunbar and one quarter-horse mare named Miss-Matched Sox. Two hedge-hogs, Eddie and Harriet, 1 Kangaroo mounse, Skippy, 1 egyptian spinny mouse (can't remember his name), several rats (the fancy pet ones) never learned their names, one gold fish that lives in the horse trough named Amos and a tarantula named Igor.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  10:12:52 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/Onixica/DSC03293.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Farmgirls' Pets -What kind do you have? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page