graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  10:03:30 AM  Show Profile
Okay - I just thought I would share this clip from our local news because it made me laugh.
There is a column called the Slice in our paper that lists things that readers write in, funny things that have happened, memories of Spokane etc.
Last week the column writer asked people to write in with what they have seen people doing while driving, other than talking on the cell phone and texting.
This morning's paper had a couple answers
"I was driving east on I-90 and the person driving the car next to me was holding a goat in his lap"
Now I don't keep goats but what I know about them doesn't lead me to believe that they are a. good lap pets or b. anything that would be conducive to driving while being a lap pet.
You just never know do you?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  10:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thats funny Amy! Thanks for sharing.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  10:43:03 AM  Show Profile
I would have to say it probaly was a pygmy goat kid. When my daughter was 12, she raised them for 4-h, and hers were very tiny, and the kids even smaller than most. There were a few times that they traveled in the cab of the truck on laps. So maybe, it was a goat?

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  10:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, I was just thinking a newborn goat kid. Nora had a goat over the summer that was very small and sweet and if we had taken it home it would have been in the back of the car in a crate because of ya know- going potty and all but for a short drive it could have gone on my lap- she was very small and oh so sweet!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  10:52:43 AM  Show Profile
Our baby Pygoras came home in laps in cars. remember the movie 'Driving in cars with boys'? Well now we have Driving with goats. babies are very sweet. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  2:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Probably was a pygmy goat - I can't imagine having room for a full sized goat on your lap in the driver's seat - and it was probably last month during fair time. Our city tends to forget that it is smack dab in the middle of an agricultural region.
Still - I think I would probably look twice if I glanced to my left on the freeway and saw a goat in the drivers seat.....
I was walking into the grocery store one day and glanced into the back of a 4-runner and, lo and behold, there was an Alpaca, all curled up and looking comfy - made me giggle
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  3:44:26 PM  Show Profile
I thought for a minute that was me. But it would have been I-75, though. I have had every animal in my car except a horse. And I haven't crossed that off the list yet.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  3:55:24 PM  Show Profile
Kristen, We brought home a 4 month old pony foal in the cab of the pick-up, she was way too little to put in the trailer, plus she was an orphan and very people imprinted. Not quite a horse, but and close second,lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  5:31:51 PM  Show Profile
back in my hippie days i had lots of goats and a small farm. we had walter he was a nubian. i had a vw and he would load up in the front seat and ride to get the kids in town. he was our dog. walter never pottied in the car or ran off when we stopped. people were amazed to see a hippie girl in a bug with a goat in the front and the boys in the back. lots of fun for the boys. sherrye
Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  5:44:51 PM  Show Profile
We very often have goats, mini horses, chickens or something farmy in our van. lvoe it when we stop at parks for a break and people see us get our unusual pets get out of the back of the van. No. we do not crate them, they hang thier heads out the windows and sit on laps too
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  7:52:50 PM  Show Profile
I used to have a nigerian goat that loved to go in the car. he acted more like a dog than a goat. he would jump in the front seat if the door was open and I took him over my SIL all the time. He never messed in the car and when we got over to her house he would jump out and run around and then when I was ready to go home he would just jump right back in and we were off so it certainly could have been a goat. I just love my goats.!!! funny creatures!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  12:50:15 PM  Show Profile
Heck, that is a normal day for this farmgal..

When I first got goats (trust me it was not the plan) I road down the road with four full grown goats sitting in my front sit of the truck and one had to sit in my lap as I drove home some 50 miles. Then there was the time I had to pick up a baby llama that was abonded along side the highway. The sherrif called me and I just did not have time to hook up the trailer besides it sounded as if the little one would not make it unless I got there NOW... He my son sat with this sweet one in his lap but the neck and head was wrapped around my neck for security... Trust me I sure got some strange looks as cars passed and saw this strange person driving with two heads...

All in a days drive to the Funny Farm..

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Why is the goat driving?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: