Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Farmgirls' Pets -What kind do you have?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Farmgirls' Pets -What kind do you have? Next Topic
Page: of 4

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  10:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/Onixica/DSC03310.jpg

[IMGhttp://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/Onixica/DSC03699.jpg

Ok, here are my babies! I will post my dog and rabbits soon!
Maggie

Edited by - maggie14 on Aug 11 2009 10:32:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  10:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Maggie- you forgot to put in the first part of the [IMG] code! You kept the second part but the first part got chopped off. Easy fix though! Just edit the post and put [IMG] before each picture code! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  10:37:31 AM  Show Profile
They are so cute, Maggie. I am going to breed my Nubian to a Nubian this fall so we'll have some ears again! I have been using a Lamancha with her. She looks like yous except she's all reddish with no spots.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  10:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'll post the rest later.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  10:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
They are very adorable, Maggie! It was fun to wake up and see those pictures this morning in my inbox!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  2:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you! They are so much fun to play with.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  08:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
Well here is what we have

7 goats-Cocoa, missy, baby, ginger, macy dody and toby
50+ chickens with more in the bator
5 ducks
30 quail that we hatched out
3 dogs Pebbles, bam bam and lucky
70 rabbits, we have mini rex, dutch, netherland dwarf, new zealand whites, Champagne D Argent, Flemish Giants,mini lops and standard lops.
18 guinea pigs
and 4 rats....lol

I think that is everything for now...lol

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  5:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
well of course with almost every farm there are the barn cats. They are in the barn, around the barn, and now a family has called our back porch their home. The little black and brown tiger kitten has learned how to crawl under our door to get in. And the others just love running in between my feet. They have learned if they sneak in and i have time, they get to enjoy some warm milk. I guess giving them milk once they are in the house doesnt help when my bf would prefer them to stay out side. ;) but they're not hurting anything! It is nice though because i get home from a long days work and the kittens greet me at my car.

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  9:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Here it is Kris. Those are my babies!!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  9:48:03 PM  Show Profile
I remember now! Thanks. Now I guess Sadiemae is the one on the top? She is pretty. I do love Nubians but can only handle one of them. They are very vocal goats. Where Lamanchas are very quiet. Well, most of the time. When they're happy. Or full. Or eating. Or away up the hill. Hmmm...

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  9:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
No, the top one is Esther and the little one with the brown and little white spots is sadie mae. Sadie Mae is Esther baby from early March of this year. She is a lot bigger now and is almost as big as Esther. She is so sweet and shy.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  07:17:34 AM  Show Profile
well we have buttercup and her calf cocoa, isabella the rescue jersey 2 registered dexter cows and one polled dexter belted cross with her calf dinner.right now we have 5 pigs and 15 turkeys, 115 laying hens ,one hen with 7 babies she hatched on her own.still about 40 fryers to do. my best animal friend is ittybitty he is a silkie yorkie farm dog.he runs with the big dogs. he doesnt know he is little. he herds the chickens for me. we have 2 rescue dogs sloopy and skimo. they came from an animal horder. still cannot touch sloopy. she will touch me when i am calm and quiet. she will come along i think. needs more time she has been here about 6 months. we are getting two cats for the barn mice. we also have koi in pond and catfish.iy is a fine life for all and we focus on fun and joy. hope you have an awesome day sherrye
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  3:30:36 PM  Show Profile
Right now we have two doxies Molly and Timmy, a black barn cat named Kitty and a blue betta fish and an aquarium full of beautiful goldfish that we took out of our ponds because uou could never see them anyway in there. They seem much happier in the house lol! Also they don't live here full time but I have 2 grand doggies a 4 month old liver and white springer spaniel named Ozzy and a 4 month old chocholate lab named Bailey, what sweet babies. Oh, also my grand kitties Milo a beautiful siamese and tiger mix. with blue eyes and little Peanut who is a gray persian, a tiny one, even though he is 11. We used to have ducks and bunnies i loved them. A long time ago we had a herd of sheep and chickens. MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  6:23:55 PM  Show Profile
I love all animals too. Mostly the cuddly kind though. We do have fish but I prefer my pocket pets and lap buddies.So, that said, we have a rescued cat named Rascal, a Tortoiseshell Dutch HouseBunny
named Kizzy, a rat named Tippy 2 Betta fish named Goldie & Sonny and a large tank full of Convicts(agressive fish) that we raised from eggs....well....their mom & dad helped.hahaha Some day I hope to have goats and chickens & I dream of a Jersy cow..."someday!"

Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Robin1974
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Robin
Flower Mound Texas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  11:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Robin1974 a Yahoo! Message
Oh, my husband always says we have a zoo not a farm! (he includes our three kids in that description too!) We have a big lazy bassett hound, a timid little cocker spaniel, a very bossy Maine Coon cat, a green cheek conure(the love of my life), and a loud and obnoxious but loved cockatiel.

www.pinksinksoap.com

www.thepinksink.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  12:10:32 PM  Show Profile
ok, how about pics too:
here is a silly one of my beagle Oliver: (I was rubbing his belly)

and Daisy the beagle:

Connie

www.NatureMaiden.com -Handcrafted Bath & Body Products that I make myself- including soaps, salves, lotion bars, lip balms, natural deodorants, body sprays, hydrosols, salt scrubs, and MUCH more!

http://site.naturemaiden.com/blog1/ (Business Blog)

http://flowerchild-lifeinthegarden.blogspot.com/(Personal blog)

Go to Top of Page

FreedomAcresFarmGirl
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Brenda
Ogilvie MN
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  3:29:10 PM  Show Profile
Here's what we have here on Freedom Acres Farm -
2 cows - Porkchop and Reba; 1 calf - Mabel; 1 Great Pyranese/Border Collie Dog - Dakota; 1 Cat - Stripes; 6 Mini Rex Rabbits - Esther, Hotshot, Dot, Rainbow, Stonewall, and Bunny; and 23 unnamed chickens.

Do what you can with what you have where you are. ~T. Roosevelt

Edited by - FreedomAcresFarmGirl on Oct 20 2009 3:35:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  3:47:18 PM  Show Profile
That is a beautiful cow, Brenda. So nice and healthy. I just love cows.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  3:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It is a Beautiful cow, Brenda.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

FreedomAcresFarmGirl
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Brenda
Ogilvie MN
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  7:48:43 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to both of you - Maggie and Kris. I think she's beautiful too :-) She was a nurse cow before we got her but she had been milked and we didn't know what we were doing. It was a perfect fit. She's been SO good to us. She is actually dry in 2 quarters but still gives us over 2 gallons per day and we're half way through her lactation! We're butchering the calf that she was pregnant with when we got her this coming Thursday. Her calf from this year is even more gorgeous than she is!!! The "muzzle" in the picture above is her calf (Mabel) from this year. Here's a better picture of the calf - we're hoping that she's all and more than her mother is!

~Brenda

Edited by - FreedomAcresFarmGirl on Oct 20 2009 7:49:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  7:59:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness. How can anything be any cuter than that? I just love a Jersey calf.

I just had my steer butchered today. I got him at just a few hours old and bottle fed him. He was a good cow. I would do it again. Give Mabel a bog ole hug for me.

I have a friend who's got a Jersey. She calved in August and had a heifer. But it's half beef. I might get her in a few months and try milking when she's ready in a few years. I don't know. I want to try milking my cow when she calves, but I won't breed her til she's 2 in July. I am so used to milking goats I.m sure it's a big difference. And goats don't poop while I'm milking them!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

FreedomAcresFarmGirl
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Brenda
Ogilvie MN
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  8:21:15 PM  Show Profile
LOL - Porkchop ONLY poops while we're milking her when she's mad for some reason which hardly ever happens :-) We actually bought a surge milker so we don't milk by hand. It would take us 35 - 40 minutes and my husband's hands couldn't take that. Now with the surge milker she's completely milked out in about 4 1/2 minutes!

The heifer we're butchering this week was half jersey and half red angus. I don't mean to be mean but.... she is SO stupid compared to our milk cow who is pure jersey. We're thinking that the red angus brings quite a bit of stupidity with it!! But, we're still novices too so who knows?

~Brenda

Edited by - FreedomAcresFarmGirl on Oct 20 2009 8:22:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  8:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
here are my two current loves, clooney

and bobby duvall, aka tango

these two guys are inseparable, and they keep us so entertained!
i have never had a "lap" dog before and really was not prepared for how much they love you.
clooney has been a great help to me this year and has even gone to radiation with me to meet and greet the other patients!

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

www.angeltree.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Farmgirls' Pets -What kind do you have? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page