Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Farmgirls' Pets -What kind do you have?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Farmgirls' Pets -What kind do you have? Next Topic
Page: of 4

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  3:11:04 PM  Show Profile
We live in the city so right now we only have the 3 kitties. 2 are brother and sister from the rescue shelter (George and Gracie) and depending on your age you should know who they are named after. The other is a old cat named Miss Kitty - she was my grandmother's kitty and when we gave her to Grandma we promised that Kitty would always have a home if something happened to Grandma. Well Grandma passed away about 5 years ago, so Miss Kitty lives with me. When we get our yard fenced I would like to get a couple of dogs - but that is still a couple of years out.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  6:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi there! This Summer I have really been collecting lots of barnyard freinds. We have 3 English Spot rabbits (Bianca, Bernard and Eloise), 2 French Angora rabbits (Izzy and Clara), 4 Pygora goats (Axle, Roxie, Yeira and Yolie)and 44 chickens (7 Rhode Island reds, 6 New Hampshire reds, 10 Black Austrolorps, 7 Auracanas, 7 Buff Orpingtons, 6 Barred Rock Plymouth and

Hi debby,
wow that is alot of chickens good for you. maybe you can tell me what your black austrlorps look like? the reason I am asking is I bought for chickens this year from tractor supply and they had the black austroloups and black sex linked in the same big tub. Well I thought I picked out 2 of each but when they grew up I have 4 that look exactly alike. but I don't know which ones they are ? Any help with telling me what yours look like so maybe i can figure out what mine are? Beverley

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  6:16:38 PM  Show Profile
we are downsizing come this weekend..one of our hens is extremely verbal while the others are very quiet..well..living in the city we want to keep some of our backyard flock without annoying the neighbors...so the loud gal shall go along with the duck(we have a friend that has a 43 acre farm and a big flock of chickens..so the duck and chicken will have a nice home.)..it will make clean up/upkeep easier around here..and we'll still have enough eggs from the 2 quiet hens that will remain.and when we put the house on the market..it will be so much easier to only have to move 2 chickens and a small coop.So..we'll only have 2 chickens and a dog..much better for us.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  6:29:52 PM  Show Profile
So far I've got: 10 chickens Melanie (Buff Orpington), Velma (black australorp), Azulean (blue Andalusian), NOla and Lola (Ameracauna's), Reba Quack-n-tyre and Lucy Eggnaz (Rhode Island reds), FiFi Le Pew (Salmon Favorelle), Mochachinno (Welsummer) and Ima. As in Ima Buckeye..get it? It cracks me up all the time! We have Fluff Chick and Scooter James the magnificent barn mousers, and now Myrt the Rescued Wonder (baby kitten), and Butter scotch on the Rocks (my mom's cat)and TigerLilly (tabby). Phew! We also have Gypsy (Blue Heeler), Stella Mae (Black-tri Corgi) and Samadhi (Sam)black lab/blue heeler mix. I am in the process of trying to talk hubby into milk goats, a miniture donkey, a horse that i can ride to work (I'm serious) a steer and a pig. So far its a definate NO on the donkey.... I willkeep ya'll posted! (Dont hold your breath!!!)

Dawn M. Sista #279 (big grin!)
www.harvestthymefarm.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  6:37:47 PM  Show Profile
Connie, lionhead rabits are smaller than regular rabbits - they are very hairy (pretty). The mane on them looks like a lion's mane. Yes, I do love my donkey (jack). We had a female but she died shortly after giving birth to a hugh baby and the baby died also. I miss her.

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  07:52:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh my, do I have to name them ALL? I AM, after all, the QUEEN of the critters!!! I'll just give you all a rundown of the critters I share my life with. Hmmm.... lets see.... I have 19 Nigerian Dwarf goats, 6 Jacob sheep, 16 Babydoll sheep, 5 odd-ball sheep (my husbands actually), 4 horses (9-18yrs-- one of them, my Morgan gelding, I've actually HAD for 18yrs!!!), 5 dogs (one is hubby's), 7 ducks (3 Swedish, 2 Indian runners and I THINK 2 Cayuga's-- they were SUPPOSED to be runners too, but they are NOT), 1 goose (a white Embden) and a gazillion chickens! (two chickens have names-- Priscilla and Jersey Girl). I have several different breeds, including 5 banty's. I had a bunny, "Riley Rabbit," but he passed away recently. He was about 6 or 7yrs old, but he may have been older since he was already grown when I got him.
Oh, and I also have 9 cats -- all but TWO of them recent additions-- (one "new" cat is "expecting" YIKES!!!!) 2 of the cats I have had a loooong time. "JigglyPuff" is 8yrs old and "Miss Scarlet O'hairball" is 13 and just as her name implies (a total HAG!!!). No matter HOW MANY critters I have though, I love them all! Even the 3 Chihuahua MONSTERS!! ("Stitch", "Kangaroo-Jack" and "Roberta Marley"). I would like to add some Dexter cows one of these days, but I have to work on Hubby a bit on THAT one!!! I tell ya, there really IS "No rest for the Wicked!!!" -- and those who LOVE critters! (LOL)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  08:29:32 AM  Show Profile
I have 1 Dalmatian named Penny, who is a very good watch dog and loves kids. Alas, she is not a good farm dog. :( I also have 2 very spoiled rotten kitties inside.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  08:42:19 AM  Show Profile
We have a belgium draft horse my husband gave me for my birthday, a pot bellied pig we adopted, a great pyrenees, a collie/great pyrenees mix, (she is a LOVE!), cats, kittens, geese, chickens, ducks, guineas, quail, a goldfish, a dove and we're getting a couple of canaries. (and a partridge in a pear tree!) Since I released my adult quail into the wild, we've lost most of them...a real bummer! But it's a tough life around here...we're next to a game preserve, so lots of predators!
A friend of mine is moving, and might give us her bunnies. I'm always adopting things around here! I'm going to post some photos tomorrow...

Well, here are some photos of Jack, my belgium and TJ, my Great Pyr...aren't they beauties?

Edited by - misstilliewillie on Aug 01 2009 2:23:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  4:22:56 PM  Show Profile
Aww... Misstilliewillie, sorry for the loss of your critters. I went through a similar thing this Spring/Summer with my chickens. I had a raccoon family wipe out all but 5 laying hens, then a RAT killing my chicks-- we FINALLY killed the rat!!! Though that was very hard for me to deal with since the TRAP didn't kill him (spring wasn't strong enough-- my son had to "dispose" of it). I despised that rat for killing all my helpless little chicks (and all the MONEY I spent on them!!!!), but still, knowing the poor ROTTEN thing had to suffer before it died.... sigh... well, it was tough. Anyway....

Doesn't your Pyr guard your livestock? You might want to look into a dog that DOES. I have a Maremma. He's the most FABULOUS dog on the planet!!!! I have never lost a sheep or a goat, lamb or kid (can't say the same about the chickens though! Except the ones that live in the barn/pasture area) since I've had him, and our biggest predator problem is DOGS!!! (though we DO have lots of Coyotes and a pack of WILD DOGS roaming the county). I used to see the dogs wandering the property all the time and I was afraid to let my sheep out when I wasn't going to be home, but not since I got Eli nearly 5yrs ago. He's been the BEST guardian, and he sure makes a GREAT second Mama to all the babies! I'd have a little talk with TJ and Miss Emmie if I were you... (LOL!)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  7:35:49 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - misstilliewillie on Aug 29 2008 9:18:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  12:13:18 PM  Show Profile
2 dogs, 2 goats, 1 old man......

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  12:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
We have our two Bassets, Molly & Rufus ...three Giant Tortoises named Sophie, Sammy and Benny that we have had for about 15 yrs..... they just recently went to live at my sons.....and 15 turtles that we have had also for about 15 yrs.......Actually, several of the turtles are offspring of our original ones!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  12:38:00 PM  Show Profile
I dumb pomeranian, I canny old basset mix, five annoying cats, a mellow snake and a handsome and funny Boyfriend

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryP
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Mary
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  03:28:33 AM  Show Profile
If I am anything, I am an animal person.

12 chickens- bantams: 2 black silkies, 4 buff cochins, 2 old english game, standard: 2 ameracaunas, 2 black autralorps

7 cockatiels- Grand Champion White Face, Grand Champion White Face Pearl Pied, Champion Cinnamon Pearl Pied, Champion Cinnamon Pied, White Face Cinnamon Pearl, Sire of 5 Grand Champions White Face Pearl Pied, and White Face Pearl Pied.

5 cats ages 8, 6, 5, 5, and 3

2 Chinese Shar Pei ages 8 and 4.

Pug, one year

Mutt from humane soceity, approx 2 years.

3 corn snakes, one normal phase and 2 ghost phase
1 Striped african house snake, dark phase.
Go to Top of Page

MaryP
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Mary
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  03:41:31 AM  Show Profile
haha oh yeah, and 2 ferrets! How could I forget about those little monsters!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  8:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jack and TJ are beautiful!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  8:53:14 PM  Show Profile
Jack and TJ are not only beautiful they are gorgeous. Wow! MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

scurran
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Sara
St. Louis Missouri
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  9:15:28 PM  Show Profile
I feel inadequate. I only have a cat, Bubba. He's a grey tabby that we adopted from the local animal control. He pawed at my face when I met him and he captured me! And eventhough I bought him and brough him home when my husband was out of town, he 'belongs' to my husband. He's the snuggle-Bubba!

Sara

**Be the change you want to see in the world**
Go to Top of Page

MaryP
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Mary
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  11:23:45 AM  Show Profile

Sage, Sea Biscuit, and Buck

My cat Vanna White has an online gambling addiction

Unfortunately she has no idea how the game is played.

Twerple and Penny

All five of the monsters in our old rental house in Seattle

two of my snakes, Whidbey and Jasper

(have I mentioned I love sharing pics of my monsters??)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  11:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Everyone's critters are so adorable!

Sara- Bubba sounds like the sweetest sort of kitty! I love cuddle kitties too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  3:01:27 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I love Beagles! We have two dogs, Hanna our spoiled Pomeranian, Lucky our female outdoor dog who is a Beagle/Blue Heeler mix; one Tabby Cat-Tabitha, her three kittens, many chickens, too many Roosters (6, because the chicks I bought last year, were straight run chicks. Plus our two loves- our Quarter horses, Lexy and Willy.
I would like to have either some Alpacas or mini donkeys to raise, breed and then sell the young ones someday.

Barb
Go to Top of Page

frolicnfibers
True Blue Farmgirl

668 Posts

Diana
White City Oregon
USA
668 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  5:58:32 PM  Show Profile
We have 5 llamas, 4 Angora goats, 5 chickens, a dog and a cat...:)

Diana

Please come visit my animals and my Etsy store on my new blog!
http://www.frolicnfibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  7:44:05 PM  Show Profile
I snapped some photos of a couple of the new kittens that my favorite Aunt gave me...
Daisy and Kylie. That's Kylie standing up on the little ice cream chair! I mean, honestly, are they about the most adorable little things, ever??
And a shot of some of the geese with their wee ones I took in spring. What good watchdogs the geese are around here...loud and mean!

livin' the sweet life!

Edited by - misstilliewillie on Aug 01 2009 2:23:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  8:06:37 PM  Show Profile
Happy to see so many turtles out there. We have 2 dogs, two cats, (one tiny kitten just arrived starving yesterday with a scratched chin as if he had been dumped from a car) 2 box turtles, 2 goats, 2 peacocks and one peahen, 2 beta fish, 10 hens and 1 rooster, and the wilder visiting bunch of barn owls, bats, robins, hawks and other flying friends.

barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Lulu
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Aunt Lulu
Michigan
19 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  06:42:07 AM  Show Profile
I have a German shepard named Juno, a cat named Pippa, and two chickens name Minnie and Nellie. I would love to get more chickens in the spring.

TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED......IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Farmgirls' Pets -What kind do you have? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page