Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  07:30:33 AM  Show Profile
"M" "J" What have you got? MaryJane!! Say it again! MaryJane! Who's the Queen? MaryJane!
Enough of that silliness. I honestly believe that MaryJane has a heart of gold and a mind tuned to the hearts of women everywhere who are trying to eek out a living while still being the mom, sister, grandma, aunt or friend.
I gladly support her efforts, and try to do my part by sneaking in an order here and there. When it comes to MJ foodstuffs, DH always shakes his head, but I cannot help myself. That Budget Mix is just the best stuff!
Thank you , MaryJane, for being the cheerleader behind the farmgirls!
I truly appreciate all you do and your friendship.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  07:34:30 AM  Show Profile
Just placed my order, Miss Wilma...gosh darn it's hard to decide!!!! I got some pastas and cous cous mixes for my lunch so I won't have to go out--it's difficult to spend less than $10.00 for lunch around the courthouse area, and this time I got the unbleached white budget mix (the last time I bought the wheat). Shake it up a bit!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  07:39:17 AM  Show Profile
well, darlin' maryjane .. have you 'thunk upon it' .. found the words yet? can you tell us if there is something specific .. some 'rooools' you'd like us to follow for posting our treasures for sale in the 'farmyard'?

i'm glad that we're all singing your praises here and telling our stories of what you have meant to us .. and that books are being bought along with other maryjane products .. but are there 'fair-trade' PENNIES (my word for 'money') that you would like for us to send for the sales we post or money made through the forum?

i've stopped listing until i know for sure that we are all being generous enough for goods sold. i'm not sure how 'e-bay' does it for listings cuz' i don't shop e-bay .. but it is pretty darn successful i hear. and it might truly be helpful and fair if you were to get a 'slice of the pie' in a similar way.

you have a generous heart and a generous soul .. and we thank you for all your inspiration and kindnesses ..

.. other than buying products and spreading the 'good news' of MaryJane and her farm .. what can we do for you?

xo, frannie

p.s. hank and i treasure our time spent with you and family (which, of course, includes that precious katy!) and we look forward to someday visiting you and meeting the rest of the farmgirls (and boyz!)

would love to see some current pictures of angel-pie stella jane!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  08:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
it is hard for me to say what this forum and maryjane means to me.
i have never ordered from the forum. but i love the budget mix that i got from being in the pinkeep contest.
what i have done is to buy all the mags i can get my hands on, locally i get mine from the hastings.
they dont sell them at the million book store, but they do have the books. so i requested each time i went in if they could please start carrying the magazines.
also when i have a craft show, i display my items in an old samsonite luggage hat box with a maryjane bumper sticker plastere proudly across the top and try to promote the site and her products.
my crafting buddy has often said to me are you selling pincushions or maryjanes farm.
both i hope.
i'm not gonna go into all the reasons why i havent YET placed an order, everyone probably knows enough already about my situation with not working and hubby at times with three jobs.
i just know that if i have to choose and i have between ordering budget mix and buying gas to heat and cook with, we have always choosen buying the gas.
having said that, i have been really humbled by this site and the generousity of maryjane to provide it. i probably havent thought enough about what it takes to maintain it and put it together.
i mostly think about frannie in kentucky and how she makes me laugh out loud, how i love to go thrifting with nancy jo, cause when i go with her i dont have to get out of my jammies and she never ask me to share gas expenses, how i have felt like sherri is a sister cause we birthed business cards together, how i have travelled to france with nance even though i am pretty sure that i will never get on an airplane......and so on, too many experiences to share.
i have been inspired and encouraged as i have never been, i have been reminded of my shortcomings and tried to improve, and i have been intimidated by some of the women here ....like maryjane cause i just dont see how they can do it all.....and then i am inspired again.
her in texas we have some funny philosophers, kinky, ann richards, mooly ivens , and of course, ole willil....
so in the words of ole willie....let me just say, maybe i didnt tell you (all) as much as i should have but you are always on my mind......my farmgirl sisters who i wouldnt even know if it werent for mary jane.
so....having said that, i dont think i can be relied on to order anything, but if maryjane ever needs anything from this neck of the wood, a craft item, a custom pattern of her chicken logo, or anything that she just needs to help with the farm.....you got it girl!

love
frannie in texas

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
(http://abunnystale.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  08:38:35 AM  Show Profile
TEXAS FRANNIE .. YOU ARE A SWEETHEART .. and it truly isn't all about money .. i've been dirt poor in my life .. and i've had a little jingle in my pockets from time to time .. but family and friends are the true value of life! when i think of the friends i have made here .. how we have all become 'family' .. i consider myself a ka-billion-jillion-aire!

i'm a lousy cook and as i get older find that i genuinely would rather go out to a restaurant to eat .. than to cook! (good 'ole country fried food!!!) at home .. our main diet (when i cook) is fresh fruits and veggies .. (i WOK a LOT!) sometimes, i'll toss in some chicken .. and on occasion, i'll get some fish .. but i hate the smell of fish cooking .. so usually leave that to stink up the restaurant's kitchens .. while i wolf down some freshly fried Kentucky CATFISH!!!

MaryJane had to laugh at Hank when she visited .. we were all sitting around the table late one night .. and he went to the cupboard and got out two slices of bread .. and jus' ate 'em .. like a sandwich .. but without any meat or cheese on them! ha! i've always said that when hank makes a sandwich .. he grabs a coupla' slices of bread in one hand .. and some meat and cheese in the other and jus' chows down .. RARELY does the meat and cheese land BETWEEN the slices of bread!

AND OH MY GOSH!!! MaryJane's meals are SOOO QUICK AND EASY to make!! i think it's jus' an 'anti-kitchen' thingie with me in my olde age! breakfast is always a cuppa' coffee and maybe a bagel or cold cereal with fruit on top. (i do eat one of those MINI-yogurts when i take my MANY-pills each morning .. makes 'em slide down quicker without me hacking up a 'furr ball' and sending those pills shootin' outta' my mouth at about 200 miles per hour across the room!

lunch .. is sometimes a quick bowl of soup and/or sammie .. ha! i am usually running the road about noon-time and stop at a restaurant and let someone else do the cookin'!

i do love fresh fruit .. but have to be careful of toooo many CARBS! seem to have a hankerin' for ORANGES this past winter!

but, it's MaryJane's BOOKS that i still continue to buy. i swear, every woman in my family has her lifebook .. and i'm still working on gifting all maryjane's other books to them too. i've probably given a dozen or more to friends too!

i can get and/or order them at our barnes and noble in e-town or louisville. (i first discovered maryjane's lifebook while at a Barnes and Noble in Louisville while we were waiting for a movie to start at a local theatre!) thought i'd died and gone to heaven! couldn't even concentrate on the movie .. kept peeking at the book with my teensy purse flashlight all during the film!

texas frannie .. we all treasure your friendship and your sweet words and those adorable texas jack-and-jill rabbits you create!

hugs, kentucky frannie

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  09:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i'm with you, frannie in kent, i have had money and i have been broke, but i have always been rich.
but having said that, i keep gettin reminded that we live in a world that does require money.
i think everyone should figure out their own way to express from time to time their gratitude to maryjane for setting up and maintaining this site.
as far as money goes, i just dont think i can monetarily be counted on to buy products or maryjanes farm would be in big trouble.
when i started making money on the bunnies, i thought i would finally get to order some farmgirl products and i did get to order some soap which i love, from a farmgirl here.
a bulk order of budget mix was on my list.
then dh had the deaths and illnesses in his family and the extra money actually went to gas to get him back and forth to family so he could be supportive of his mom and helpful to family.
i always have a lot of ideas about things, but as many may know i just have ideas,i dont always see the big picture of what will go into those ideas.
i would be happy to contribute any kind of product that i make to help further maryjanes farm as a gift of gratitude, but since i havent been to the farm, i dont know if she has a gift shop that could utilize farmgirl products, but that would realistically be a way that i could contribute and guarantee that i actually follow thru.
if she needs to charge a fee for the market post , i think that would be fair, but i also see that that creates work for them there at the farm as well.
of course if she eliminates that thread and puts it in the sisterhood section than she would receive money from that.
i just dont know, cause the money end is not my forte, but let me say again, i will be willing to be called on to create, as a way of giving back anything that maryjane thinks would be helpful, and i wouldnt expect something in return it would just be a way to contribute that i would feel good about.
i know i could come up with a pattern for her chicken cause i am finally able to creat patterns after all this time of making stuffies.
or i could make her a stuffie of the chicken for the farm.
but what i dont want to do is contribute something that isnt helpful or needed.
and if what the farm needs right now is orders then i will try to come up with that.

love
frannie in texas

Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  09:10:05 AM  Show Profile
Frannie in Texas, You Are Doing the gratitude thing! That MJF bumper sticker on your display is priceless advertising. You couldn't do more if you tried that would be any better than that. Keep up the great work. Cheers, karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  09:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks, and i think there are many ways that the farmgirls contribute daily that no one ever knows about.
i think we do have to protect this site and support it cause it means so much to everyone, but my dilemna is the only one who knows what we could do that would help is maryjane.
at some point she may have to make the whole site a closed fee site, i dont know, but if she decided that i would join. i havent joined the sisterhood site, because i dont understand it, and it feels very organized and i was a terrible girl scout. i am a tad creative, but when it comes to organization, i am so bad that i kinda make others around me bad.
sorta like exercise classes. when i was young i tried the jazzercise thing. i was so bad i kept running into the folks next to me, i disrupted the whole class.
so i just went home and worked on accepting my thighs and waited til they came out with videos so i could do the classes alone.
my fantasy for maryjane is that she creates a farmgirl "etsy" type shop where we can sell thru her and she automatically gets a fee from us. but there again that is work and from what i gather, they are not short on work at the farm.
i dont have a solution here.

love
frannie in texas

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  09:25:18 AM  Show Profile
Texas Frannie...ahem, a tad creative? Surely you jest :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  09:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message

thanks jonni, but i am really bad at $$$$.
apparently being creative with your checkbook is not a talent.

love
frannie in texas

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16374 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16374 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  11:25:18 AM  Show Profile
This is all so wonderful. I had a good cry after reading this thread. Like I said, I have loads I can say about the beauty of reciprocity, not just in $ but in good deeds and love and yes, even bumper stickers on suitcases! And oddly enough, the more unspoken it is, the better. It is the most delicious of honor systems! So I need to find some quiet time to think it through and compose my thoughts. The present economy has been hard on us too. I was away in the fall (I think I was in Idaho City) when news of the housing debacle hit the main stream news media. For our mail order sales, it was like a faucet got turned off. In fact, hubby called me on my cell phone to say, "I think our website is down." It wasn't down. Everyone had reacted in fear and uncertainty by putting their credit cards under their mattresses. The 2 and 4 thousand dollar days that we had grown to (that employed everyone here) went down to $180 and $400 days. Once our savings account was drained, we turned to friendship for sustenance and guess what, we’re still here! A national course correction was sorely needed, but it's taken its toll on countless numbers of home and business owners and it isn’t over yet although we have seen it soften in terms of our sales in the last couple of weeks. In the meantime, hubby has surely appreciated your orders that have greeted him each morning. You are loved and appreciated. Every customer means the world to us.

I will never, ever forget what it was like for me in the beginning and it is a dream come true for me to see Rustic Cottage sell her lovely soaps and mastermind a Farmgirl Etsy circle or Miss Wilma score some sales or Kentucky Frannie offer up some “underoo’s” or Chessie sell “MJ” in her store or Alee make and create the doll of her dreams, on and on. I’ve never taken any of it for granted. My own internal battle has been, yes, the money part of it certainly, but unexpectedly my challenge has become the sheer volume of people in my life now that I’m “MaryJane.” It’s made it impossible at times to rely on my usual give-and-ye-shall-receive system that was so familiar to me, a system that made me happy and content at the end of every day. I feel like I neglect people; that I’m on new shakey ground; that sometimes I don’t have energy for yet one more new person; that if I can’t give 110%, I want to hide--those kinds of “minor” things!!! But I’m finding my way and loving the journey and you, dear ones, are part of it, for better or for worse. So, for now, sell on, barter, best each other in love, and stay the course. I’m in the front of a toboggan with cheering friends behind me and there isn’t any kind of steering mechanism whatsoever! Hang on.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  11:43:55 AM  Show Profile
To my beautiful Gandhi Maryjane!!! You truly mean the world to us!!! Let us help you in any way we can!!!Get yourself some rest girlfriend!!!!!!! Hugs!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  11:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Awesome words, MaryJane! You are the very best. And somehow you always seem to find that extra space in your heart to make us all feel loved!

I can say that this forum has literally changed my life for the better in a very real way. I felt alone and without friends in the "big city" for more than a year after moving up here. Finding the forum, new friends, and yes- new family has given me ways to look at the positive in situations where it would have been easy to fall into a depression.

MaryJane- you made it all possible and from the very depths of my heart I thank you.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  11:49:57 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
okay, thanks so much for responding maryjane cause i have been worryin my little head over this.
my first thought is were all in this together, cause were would we be without ya!
on the fantasy side i am gonna send out blue lights or technicolor lights or whatever our farmgirl friend sends out when she sends out those lights towards the farm to protect yall from our TEMPORARY financial problems here in the us of a.
next i am gonna conjure up a call from oprah, cause i think you would be the greatest guest on the oprah show, so start dustin off those suitcases maryjane youre goin to chicago!(i am a great conjurer for other folks!)
on the reality side i actually have a contact with whole foods. a longtime friend of mine's son just got named vp of marketing and i could put in a word or send you his info or whatever you think is appropriate. do you already have contracts with whole foods?
i dont know cause when i look up your products on the site i dont see any stores in texas that carry them?
also, let the budget be damned, i am gonna order a bulk budget mix today.
its texas for goodness sakes and tomorrow it could be 80 degrees and i might be able to turn off the gas. (it feels like fall/winter here today)
please maryjane let us know anything concrete we can do
and if ya ever get ready to have a shop with donated farmgirl items i am gonna recommend our own zan to run and promote it, the girl needs a job and i think she would be fabulous!
much love and technicolor light comin your way.

love
frannie in texas

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  11:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Wow, you are trully amazing MaryJane. On your not so good days please remember we are ALL still behind YOU! Cheering you on, as you have given us this forum to cheer each other on.
These are the ties that bind!
You are a tie that binds us all

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Rich or Poor, It Dont matter We're all the same everybodys hungry in a different way....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  11:58:06 AM  Show Profile
Well said Mary Jane!!!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  12:10:47 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, you have said it wonderfully.
While I agree the world would be a better place with someone like MaryJane as President I wouldn't wish that on anyone I care about. I think that position sucks the very life and logic from those who have held the office.
I too, am so grateful to find MaryJane and this wonderful forum with all you wonderful women. We may live in different states, with different climates and cultures but here on the forum we are not so different and that is what makes us so interesting to each other.
It seems as if every day I get more interested in spending time on the forum and while I don't always reply sometimes I am just saying "right on"..we are strong, beautiful, kind, caring, loyal and loving women and I am proud and honored to be a Farmgirl.

Some people look for happiness, others create it.

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  12:38:53 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane - in a very small way I have been where you are. In the early 80's I worked for a small local company that designed and sold cross-stitch and needlework books and patterns. It was HOT HOT HOT and we would make over $30,000 at a show, and that was 20 years ago! Then, as life will do, interests changed, the economy changed, and our sales dropped like a rock. A company that had 9 employees dwindled down to 2 (the owner and I) and then it closed.

So, part of me wanted to begin this conversation because I have seen it before. Been there....small business is what should be the backbone of our country. I pray that it still is in some ways, but I surely did not want to see folks riding on your fame. You, with your dead-on sense of fairness, and your kind heart, and your keen abililty to zone in on situations - you have brought it all home. But you deserve this chance to do so. And we need to thank you for your extreme generosity....!!!!!

You are what we all think of as America, the beautiful.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Apr 04 2008 12:41:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  12:56:16 PM  Show Profile
Now I'm crying! Everyone here is just so kind and so beautiful - inside and out!! When I first found this place it was truly like I had come "home". This place helped me find the true me - the Farmgirl who found out she loved aprons, loved a more simple life, and wanted to get back to doing things the old fashioned way. Because of MaryJane and her vision for her farm and for this forum I have made friendships that will last a lifetime. Many of the friends here I will never meet in person but that doesn't matter. They know my heart and I know theirs. I know that I can come here any time of the day or night and find friendship and comfort when needed. If it wasn't for this forum I would never have connected with dear Patricia and be blessed to have her as my bestest friend.

Thank you MaryJane for your beautiful soul, your kindness and generosity, and for this place. You are truly such a blessing to all of us!

Now I'm off to place my order - love the Budget Mix!

Handmade Soap and More! - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com Sign up for my monthly newsletter!

I'm A Rusty Chick!!!
PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  1:27:43 PM  Show Profile
Words couldnt even begin to tell how much I think of MJ, like Jeannie I have been there.that is why I never felt right, small buiness is hard and I cant enjoy a nichol at someone elses expense.I am more than willing to do anything I can for MJ,pulling together makes a team and with MJ at the tongue of the toboggan it will get better I love you girl always have always will

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  2:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
this has been a very thought provoking thread, thanks so much jpbluesky for posting it.
i am also so proud that we are working toward a solution in true "farmgirl" fashion by communicating and co-operating and caring about one another.
i do want to add that i finally remembered why i havent ordered here when i tried to order again. ya have to have a credit card, which we dont use.
well, this time i went a step furhter and emailed to find out if i could pay be check.....i think i have been embarassed to admit that we dont have credit cards.
well, guess what i can pay by check.....problem solved.
i am a little embarrased, but i try to learn every day and this was a good lesson.

love
frannie in texas

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  2:42:27 PM  Show Profile
If you don't have a credit card, then you are smarter than most, maam.
I plan on a Sisterhood Solidarity order this evening! I just gotta get that Farm Kitchen magazine. It's the only one I don't have.
The first time I read the Farmgirl is a condition of the heart blurb, I cried. A few months ago, I sent an email to CBS Sunday Morning, which is my favorite show, about this Farmgirl movement. I hope they do a story on her.

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
FREE TIBET!

Edited by - one_dog_per_acre on Apr 04 2008 2:43:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  2:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh, my. I have only been a part of this forum for a few weeks. I signed on in 05, but didn't really leave anything on the boards until last month. When I saw how wonderful everyone was and how nice and genuine all of you are, I instantly fell in love with this place. (I already loved the books, ect...) And I just signed up to be an Official Farm girl last week and I received my number on Tuesday. After reading MaryJanes's post, I had tears in my eyes. It is so very lovely to know that in this sometime's horrible world, there are still genuine and lovely people that one can get to know and call friends. My heart is light and my throat is clogged as I write this. I could not have picked a better place to hang out then right here.
Take care everyone and hoping to get to know you all better,
Marcy

It is such a happiness when good people get together-
and they always do-
Jane Austen- Emma

Farmgirl #170
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  3:09:16 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane,
You know ..I absolutely loved that post of yours.
You know without a doubt that so many of us here "have your back" as they say..yes..we'll "hang on" for the ride gal.
And we'll give a shout "steer, steer that dang taboggan!"..ha.
You'll be racing and doing wheelies in it before ya know it...ha.And honey..if I'm behind you cheering..you better believe we aren't gonna hit any trees..ha.
We may crash a few times in the snow ..from time to time..but in life we just pick up,dust off, have a good laugh..or maybe even a cry..and get back on and enjoy the ride.
You are always giving 110% gal..(and isn't it just like women to doubt that they do such?)but you always do so much.
Truly you are more of a blessing than you know.
I have been blessed to have found this forum, and to have "met" you through this wonderful technology known as "cyberspace".
It has opened up my life to getting to know so many precious women around the country.
Although I have not met a single one of you in person yet..I feel like when, and if I ever am presented with such an opportunity, that we shall all become fast friends.
From the bottom of my heart MaryJane..I say.."Thank You!"
May you continue on this wonderful journey..and hey..we are a hangin' on for the ride too sister!
Gung-ho!
Taawanda!!!(as they say in Fried Green Tomatoes")
Go get em!
love and hugs,
~Tina

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  3:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
[green] Hi Ladies!

I had an idea of how we could all help MaryJane in a very real way. A lot of us have blogs, and like Frannie putting the bumper sticker up where people can't miss it- Let's all make sure there is a link on our blogs back to MaryJanesFarm!

Google and other Search engines automatically "list" blogs- meaning your blog can be a search result if someone picks the right keywords! How great would it be if a random chance reading of your blog brought new farmgirl sisters to the chat forum and maybe a new customer for MaryJane's fabulous products?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Cut for MaryJane Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page