Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share Next Topic
Page: of 11

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  2:00:07 PM  Show Profile
My machine is working on my first block right now!! It is a redwork pattern, but I am using bright pink thread. I like it so far. Will try to have them all done tomorrow morning. Cannot wait to see them all!

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  2:25:20 PM  Show Profile
I am working away this afternoon. By bedtime I think I will be finished!

Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  04:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Mine are going in the mail in about an hour. I'm anxious to see what everyone has done and I've had fun making mine. Everyone at work has been facinated with the idea of the swap and I've had to promise to bring in the squares after they're distributed.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  1:07:36 PM  Show Profile

Hi, Ladies. I received norskema/Candace's blocks in the mail today. These are so vibrant and cheerful. I love the way you used yo-yos here. I can't wait to swap out all these blocks to share with each of you.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

carycamille
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Camille
Cathlamet Washington
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  2:59:14 PM  Show Profile
I finished mine a couple of weeks ago except for trimming. Now they are all trimed and I'm off to the post office. Mine are sooo not traditional! But I hope everyone enjoys them anyway.

Camille
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  3:00:53 PM  Show Profile
I was not thrilled with the way mine turned out. Carmens are cute. They are on their way!

Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  5:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Yeah, I can't say I was completely thrilled with how mine turned out either since they were kind of an experiment to begin with but I did enjoy making them and am anxious to see what we all end up with in the end. This was my first swap and I had a good time participating and hope I can do this again.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  5:11:50 PM  Show Profile
Great. Half the blocks are here and most of the rest are on their way. I can't wait to swap these out for everyone. I can't wait to make a quilt from them. My hands are keeping busy with sewing and quilting. I am putting the binding on the fall swap block quilt right now. It came from the machine quilter's yesterday. I am stitching it to the back, one side completely done. I LOVE it!! These quilts from blocks from you ladies really make me feel loved. I need that right now.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  5:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Clare:

Mine are all done and ready to mail out. I'll put them in the mail tomorrow. Will you email me your address again, Clare? Thanks!!!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  08:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Can I have your address again too? Sorry I didn't get them out yet, but I will soon!

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  05:17:26 AM  Show Profile
I can't wait to see all our blocks either.
Clare this was a great idea. Just in time for Spring.
We all need a little sunshine on our shoulders right now.
Hope all is going well with you and yours.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  05:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I lost Clare's address, is there someone there who could send it to me? I'm ready to mail them.
thanks!

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  06:19:24 AM  Show Profile
just sent it to you linda!

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  12:54:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello, ladies. What a lot of packages in the mail today. Whoo hoo, five more in.

I received Jessica and Carmen's blocks. They are "crazy" and full of "love" You all will enjoy adding these to your quilt top. They are original, sparkly and very perky.

I received Carrie's/cinnamongirl's blocks all the way from Canada. They are so cheerful, reminding me of the first greeness to lawns and meadows with a sprinkling of first flowers.

I received Linda's/yarnmama's blocks. They are simply sweet. You'll feel like you are seeing a field of tulips.

I received Camille's/carycammille's blocks. You will feel like you just picked a fresh bouquet when you see these. These are very artful, truly an original expression of her personality. I love that.

I am so impressed with the variety of blocks. I love how each of you interpret spring. This is my favorite swap. I am just enjoying seeing all the work you put into this. I can't wait to swap these out.

OK, I am still waiting on joyfulmama/Debra and wannabecountrybumpkin. Could you both post how you are doing? Thanks.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  1:34:08 PM  Show Profile
oh good you got my blocks. I am appologizing to all of you in advance for mine, I dont care for them, but as long as Clare does, that is all that matters!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  08:32:36 AM  Show Profile
Mine should be there by today I hope. I mailed them out on Wednesday I think. Cannot wait to see them all!!

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  4:04:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi, there ladies. I got Sheryl-lyn/sewgirlie's blocks today. They are beautifully machine embroidered. You ladies are gowing to love these for your quilts.

Debra/joyfulmamma has mailed hers off to me today. They should be i nthis week.

Ok, her comes the problem. I have not heard from wannabecountrybumpkin since she first signed up. She never emailed me her info after two or three emails to her. She has not emailed me back after several emails from me about the status of her swap. I am assuming now that she has dropped out since I can't get ahold of her. I wil lemail her again and see if she replies this week. If not, I will be swapping all the blocks out once I get Debra's this week.

So, I will be swapping out all and you will still get 16 back. You will get two of your own plus 14 other different ones. If you would prefer two of whatever happens to be in my hands, let me know. It does not matter to me.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  4:33:49 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry for the hold up gals.. but they are on the way. I included some that are 9 patch and spring themed and a few that are appliqued with vintage fabric.. The ones that are appliqued when you add your batting and backing- quilt around the applique they will look much nicer. the 9 patch I think are a bit bigger than the appliqued squares so you may have to trim.. a few of them my daughter made for me- so the backs don't look as nice as the ones I did but I didn't want to discourage her. They look nice from the front :-)

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  7:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Send me whatever is easiest for you Clare-
Hope all is well with you.
You are in my prayers.

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  7:45:45 PM  Show Profile
what ever works for you clare works for me you know i am easy!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  7:47:10 PM  Show Profile
Just surprise me!!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  8:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Just surprise me too. Do what is easiest for you.

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  03:39:57 AM  Show Profile
Ok, when Debra's get here this week, I will swap them out and get them out to everyone. i think you will all enjoy the variety of blocks this time around. They are really cheerful. I have enjoyed watching them all come in. I can't wait for everyone to have their own set. I'll post once Debra's blocks come in and post again when they are mailed back to you.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  7:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
I'll be happy with whatever works best also. Thanks for all your hard work keeping this swap going and getting everything sent out!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  05:46:03 AM  Show Profile
Christy/wannabecountrybumpkin has dropped out. She thought she posted it earlier on the message board. Just waitng for Debra/joyfulmama's now. Then, I will swap them out. I hope to do it this weekend at the latest. I can't wait for all of you to receive your blocks. It will bring such smiles to your faces. This was fun. Thank you ladies for being a part of this.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page