Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share Next Topic
Page: of 11

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  7:23:02 PM  Show Profile
Candace Clare is hostess for swap and if you scroll up uou will see she finished her blocks. Very sweet thought though and we would all do anything we could because yes she is a exceptional person. I think sewing helps her stay grounded and focused on other things. I for one am glad to be able to call you a sister. Thanks for thinking of our sister Clare. ((((HUGS))))
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  7:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Well, I am delighted to be "wrong" for once! I have just been thinking of Clare for the last few days and I missed the post that said she was able to finish her blocks. I only saw the one that said she didn't think she'd be able to finish so this is good news. Keeping good thoughts going your way, Clare!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  8:14:36 PM  Show Profile
candace you are on the right path! we all have tried our best to lift Clare this year and keep her surrounded by our hugs!

where are you in central indiana anyway? i know we exchanged an email once before but i cannot find it. i am doin the restoration thing as well, makes me kinda tired sometimes.

Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  05:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Yes, we did the dishcloth swap. I am quite close to you actually. We're near Mooresville/Monrovia. Yes, the renovation is exhausting. Now when the forecast says 3-4 inches on rain, to me, it means 3-4 inches of mud! lol
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  07:01:30 AM  Show Profile
Right on! I know your vicinity. My mud days are sort of over, but we are gettting ready to tear off the existing porch and put on a new one, so rain just means more porch issues to worry about. Argh! I have to wait until June to rip off the porch!

Dishcloth swap..? I dont remember doing that one. Hmmmm...

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  05:16:20 AM  Show Profile
Thinking of all of you. Wishing you a Happy Easter weekend. We get Friday and Monday off. I have an appointment Friday, but I am hoping for good news to get the weekend off to a wonderful start. This swap has really helped me get through this week. It's been wonderful to concentrate on making those blocks and thinking about each of you getting one for your quilt.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  06:58:51 AM  Show Profile
We love you Clare.

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  7:16:10 PM  Show Profile
I am praying for you all day, Clare!! XXOO

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  6:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Just checking in. I haven't posted since I signed up.

I finally got my pieces cut out. I am having a hard time measuring. I just keep to simple squares but the colors are fun to work with.
Don't forget to measure mine again before you use them!

I am stubborn enough to keep trying and I'll get better.
Are we all having fun yet? ! ?

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  6:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
(((hugggggs Clare))))) still praying for ya and thinking about ya.!

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  6:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Clare how was Friday?

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  12:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Happy Easter! The Bunny had to hop out to the car trunk at 3 am...when I woke up ... it is 18 degrees here but Bunny did ok. Staying cold here some days.

Sure made lots of unexpected noise here but Danny Boy stayed asleep.
I love having a little child at Easter. :0

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  08:05:26 AM  Show Profile
yes it is so fun. we dyed 8 dozen eggs yesterday and filled 200 plastics with goodies the kids hunt in an hour and are now busy creating with what was in their baskets. The cake is in the oven, the lasagna is in line next, and the bread is rising! I am choppin veggies as we speak. The bunny brought lots of seeds to my basket! So later you'lll find me in the garden! YAY!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  11:18:04 AM  Show Profile
I am planning to make my blocks this week. Right now, I am in an embroidery block of the month club and I spent the weekend making them. They are on my blog. They took a loooong time, but are so cute.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  11:34:48 AM  Show Profile
i think they are superb!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  11:41:27 AM  Show Profile
YAY!! Thanks, Jess!! I like them too.

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  5:15:31 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn, love those blocks. I had no idea an embroidery machine could do so many beautiful things. When I dropped off my sewing machine for service this week, she showed me embroidery machines. I am not ready for one of those. BUT, I was ready for the Pfaff setup to do 6" of machine quilting with a frame like a commercial machine, only much cheaper. Now I am really chomping for my studio which hubby has promised finished for Memorial Day weekend. The things I could do now. I can finish those tops with pantograph type designs six inches wide. I told my daughter it has cruise control so it automatically slows down the stitch length when you slow down moving it. She is pretty psyched about trying this out. This setup might bring her back to sewing, take her away from her "friend" gabe for a bit.

Hope you all enjoyed Easter. I love coloring eggs with the kids, too.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  12:34:07 PM  Show Profile
I am doing applique.. I have 7 squares done to the point of at least the flowers are ironed on them. Tonight I will doing the embroidery while this afternoon I will work on cutting out the rest of the flowers- they are taking the most time :-)

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  2:33:56 PM  Show Profile
yay! all of the appliques are ironed on.. now for the fun part!

Blessings, Debra
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  2:40:36 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on getting your flowers cut out and ironed, Debra/joyfulmama. I know it feels good to see the progress and be closer to finishing.

I received Karin/electricdunce's blocks i nthe mail today. These are so beautiful. They are hand appliqued flower blocks. Each one is different. A special block just for each one of you. You will all love these. I wish you each could see every single one of them. I'll try and photo them this week.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  2:45:11 PM  Show Profile
It is nice to have them all almost done.. It has been a horrible month for sickness around here.. So to finally have the energy and the kiddos not demanding so much from me.. yay.. I am so happy.

Blessings, Debra
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  2:22:19 PM  Show Profile
I have sick kids here as well so I know what you mean. It is always nice when they get better and we can sew once more. I finished a baby quilt top this weekend and was so pleased to complete something again.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  2:42:42 PM  Show Profile
We have been downing our green smoothies.. I hope that soon our immune systems will be built up so we can stop getting sick so much!!

Blessings, Debra
Go to Top of Page

Lovin Life
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Lisa
New Hampshire
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2008 :  5:15:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello Clare,
I just realized I forgot to send in my SASE when I mailed my quilt squares to you Clare. I will send you that tomorrow, I'm sorry, it's just been so crazy around here lately. I was just so glad to get the squares done on time!
I'm very sorry to hear your news about your cancer spreading. My thoughts are with you and your family and my prayers that you will get through this. You are so strong, to be doing all this quilting and organizing of all our squares and mailings. What an inspiration to all of us.

I'd rather live my life with a "full plate" than an empty one. Life is not a rehearsal... eat up!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  05:37:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Lisa. I got your blocks in the mail last night. Don't worry about the SASE. I will make one out for you. This is why I asked for addresses in case there is a goof up, and I need to mail something off. Anyway, don't bother sending another envelope out. Relax. It is all taken care of.

Ok, ladies, you are going to LOVE these blocks from Lisa/Lovin Life. These are hand appliqued tulip blocks. There are many different colored tulips here. These are just so bright and spring filled.

I can't even tell you how happy I am with this block exchange. These blocks are all so special. I am just so excited to swap with each of you. Thank you all for participating.

Ok, for those who are still working on them, please try and mail off your blocks to me by Monday. If something else is going on, email me and let me know how you are doing. Thank you.

Clare

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page