Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Any rug hookers here?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Any rug hookers here? Next Topic  

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  07:48:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I am new here and haven't come across a rug hookers group. Does anybody know if there is one here? I started rug hooking a couple of years ago and love it! I am curently working on four pieces and just finished my first. My neighbor got me started in it. She and her husband had just moved here from Washington state and I fell in love with all her work. She graciously gave me a lesson and I have been "hooked" ever since. She is working on getting her McGown certification and as part of her certification process, she had to submit a finished piece by one of her students. She and I had to color plan a pattern and dye the wool. She recently came back from Oregon where she entered my piece. I received a good grade. :O) Anyways, I would love to connect with any rug hooker's here.

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  08:37:55 AM  Show Profile
I used to hook rugs alot....I love it. I always do at least one project a year. I used to belong to a wonderful group in Calif. Since I moved here I don't know anyone who hooks and that is probably alot of why I don't do it quite as much. I do have all the "tools" and always have something in progress. HOw fun to meet another rug hooker here.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  08:54:01 AM  Show Profile
Yes, how wonderful to meet another rug hooker! When you were in California, did you ever attend one of Jane Olson's workshops or get to meet her? She comes up here once a year with her sister Norma. They put on a workshop up the road from me in the small town of Blanco. (I hope they come this year) They are a hoot! I am working on a primitive santa piece right now. I hope to have it done by Christmas. I will be attending the Fredericksburg TX Wool Gathering & Workshop in September. Can't wait, it's so much fun! You will have to keep me posted on what you are working on.
Thanks,

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:51:24 AM  Show Profile
YES!! I did get to attend one of her workshops and it was wonderful! I would love to learn more!
I like primitive designs best, but I do usually cut my wool with a strip cutter. I did our Christmas stockings all hooked on scottish burlap. LOVED that! I need to start a new project for sure. I like to draw my own usually..but have seen some really fun designs and have drawn some by looking at pictures in books too. I would love to see your primitive santa..sounds like my kind of thing for sure!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Any rug hookers here? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page