Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share Next Topic
Page: of 11

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  4:14:12 PM  Show Profile
ummm.....you dont quilt often..? i think you accomplish more quilts in a year than most of us.

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  05:57:08 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for letting me know Kathy of khartquilt put the top together. I need to write thank yous for al lthe hard work you ladies did. I really appreciate it. I am starting to believe this is all going to end OK now.

Kathy, great to have you swapping with us. Again, I am so sorry for writing your name incorrectly on the list as ktknits. I don't know where my brain was.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  12:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Jess. I make tons of quilt tops!! :) I just don't usually get around to quilting them unless they are for someone else. That is all going to change this year!! I made a promise to myself to get more quilts quilted this summer when I am off more. Once I am done with the drama club and the class trip to DC, I will have more evenings free. Actually, I am making time to do some work each evening as relaxing time too. Funny, sometimes when I am super busy, I get more done. Are we all that way?

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  4:19:22 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn, my New Year's resolution was to get more quilts made from blocks completed and just send them to my friend to machine quilt. Presto!! I only have to put the binding on. I hope she will machine quilt my fall quilt block swap top next. This has freed up space in my cupboards. I am going to try my hand at machine quilting just the smaller wall hangings and baby quilts.

Sheryl-lyn, you do such beautiful machine quilting. Do you have a regular machine or a long arm? Your work is just lovely. I sure hope you can make more time this summer to finish your tops into quilts. When I have seen them posted in pictures, I am amaxed at the variety and styles for the tops.

Yup, I think when we are busy we squeeze in time to relax with our sewing machines. It becomes top priority to stitch a bit each week.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  7:49:53 PM  Show Profile
That is my summer hopes also, get my tops into quilts.

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  10:33:14 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, I received Becky's blocks/whosiesandwhatnots. They are beautiful hand embrodiered blocks. You are all going to love having these for your quilts. Seeing these blocks come in really inspires me to do my best for all of you.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  5:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
You know, I started out all "GUNG-HO" with this project and have had fun making my own design, etc. Now that I am getting closer to finishing up by blocks, I'm feeling a bit intimdated. You're all so talented so by way of a disclaimer, I'd just like to say I hope we all take into consideration time and intentions when we get all our quilt blocks. Really??? Hand embroidered?? Wow!
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  7:35:24 PM  Show Profile
Candace some people do not sew so they embroider it is an open block swap. We will love your blocks do not be intimidated. We know they are all done with love. Can't wait to see them!!
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  10:15:37 PM  Show Profile
Candace- really don't get intimidated- the beauty of the swap is the variety of talent and the way it takes shape- kinda like people.

I know I'll be glad to see the variety of skill and fabric choices.

so finish those squares and have fun with 'em!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2008 :  07:35:44 AM  Show Profile
Candace, please don't get worried about your blocks. Each person's blocks are unique. Some are more simple, and some are more complex, but I see the beauty of the woman behind each block. I am just so pleased to swap with each of you, share a piece of you and look upon it forever. It's a pleasure to be apart of this swap with you wonderful ladies from the MJF network. Just enjoy yourself while working away.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2008 :  09:56:18 AM  Show Profile
I am almost done with my blocks! I get so nuts this time of year and working on blocks for spring has been a great tonic. I get critical of my work, as we all do sometimes. Years ago when I first joined a quilting group here, people would look at my quilts and say"Oh, did you mean for it to look that way?" and then they would point out every mistake they could find. They'd pick each others' quilts apart too and moan about errors so tiny I would need a magnifying glass and a 200 watt bulb to spot them. I love sewing so much. My work is not perfect, but it is usually cheerful. I stopped going to my quilting group until they started having new members.What Clare said about the beauty of everyone's block is absolutely right, the diversity is always such a treat. Yikes, I better stop yabbering and get back to my blocks. Hope you are all well and warm, Karin P.S> I posted a giveaway of some random quilt blocks and a couple other fabric thingys, it is the Ides of March Giveaway, so please take a look..

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2008 :  4:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Well, thanks much for the kind words. I will push on and I know I will enjoy the fun of seeing what everyone has made. Feelin' better.
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2008 :  4:37:55 PM  Show Profile
clare,
my blocks are done, I will mail them off tomorrow afternoon.
I hope you like them

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2008 :  5:09:31 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited about this quilt. Haven't started the blocks yet (waiting until the drama club is done this weekend) but I have some ideas.

I do not have a longarm for quilting, but my sewing machine is made for use with a frame. The throat is pretty large, so I can fit a fairly big quilt through it. Someday, I will get the frame when I have room somewhere. I am still a little unsure of myself with the quilting part, but I do enjoy it more each time.

Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  4:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn,
My dream is to one day own a Gammill with a 12' table/rack. Oh to dream......
My janome 6600P has a longish troat, but I am not too good with the free hand stuff. My stiching always looks messed up. I am sure if I were to practice more I could but I would rather dream of owning a real longarm with stitch regulator and extra large bobbin. I have played with them at quilt shows. You become one with the machine.....The quilting realy makes the quilt. They are soo cool.
All I would have to do is save up some money. Put some away here and there. Bring my coffee to work and not stop at the corner shop in the morning. Make believe I making a car payment. Stay away from quilt shops..If it was only that easy.
Oh well...my blocks went in the mail this afternoon. They should be at Clares no later then Monday. I can't wait to see everyones blocks.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  08:24:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Ladies. Just checking in with you all. I have been working on embroidered blocks, but I am not sure if I can complete all of them by the deadline. I am going to work on pieced blocks this weekend and next week and do those instead.

I received bad news last night. My cancer has spread to my liver now. This was NOT what I was expecting.

This spring block swap will be my last swap as I want to work on completing tops and trying to get them into quilts for my kids. I finished Maddie's bed quilt and want to do a bed one for Jake. I want to put the different blocks from the past couple swaps into tops as well. I have the fall one done and at the machine quilters. I will want to do these spring ones, and then the red, white and blue ones and the crazy nine patch ones we did last year.

Looking forward to doing this swap with all you wonderful ladies. Also hoping for some type of treatment to shrink the tumors and/or prolong my life. Life is just so sweet, and I am not ready to go to heaven yet. I know it exists, firmly beleive in the joy there, felt it when my sister left her body to go to heaven. I just don't want to leave my husband and two kids right now or anytime soon.

Sorry to unload, but I just wanted to fill you all in. I posted over on Hogs and Quiches.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  09:29:00 AM  Show Profile
Clare, I am praying. I emailed you..

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  2:14:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh,Clare~
I am so sorry about your news! I just don't know what to say- I am just so sorry!
I will keep you in prayer for healing,treatment peace and everything else that God can shower on you and your sweet family .

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  10:28:47 AM  Show Profile
clare i am thinking of you and sending you all the good vibes i can.

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  2:42:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh Clare: My heart is with you. I will be praying for you every day and night. Every block I make will be full of love for you and your family.

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  2:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Ladies. I got my blocks done!! Yeah. I did pieced blocks. My daughter thought they look old fashioned as the one print is like a 50s repro. I am so pleased to finish these. I will keep working o nthe embroidered ones and hope to complete them as well so I can pick which one to swap.

Thanks for all the good prayers and thoughts. Tomorrow I have an MRI on the liver, and I am thinking and praying "It is nothing. I have a robust and healthy liver." There is a chance of that. I believe it's time for my little miracle to come so I am hoping for the very best news on Friday.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  2:53:47 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by suzyhomemaker

OK, It seems like there will be enough interest for this. So, here goes.

1. Make 8 1/2" finished squares, one for each member of the swap. We will stop at 15 members.

2. Use Spring colors in the blocks including any/or WHITE, yellow, red, pink, green, blue and purple.

3. If you would like, please add some type of FLOWERS to your block. This could be embroidery, applique, pieced or embellished such as yo-yo flowers.

4. Sign-ups close FEBRUARY 15 or if we have 15 members by then

5. Finished blocks must be mailed in SASE (large return enevelope, please) to Clare Adams/suzyhomemaker. Email me, and I will email back with my address. Please mail/post by MARCH 30th. I will swap them out and mail back to you as soon as I receive all the blocks from the members.

1. suzyhomemaker Finished 3/17
2. cinnamongirl
3. smoothiejuice
4. katmom Received 2/27
5. sewgirlie
6. Carmen
7. khartquilt Received 3/17
8. lovin life
9. norskema
10. joyfulmama
11. wannabecountrybumpkin
12. yarnmama
13. whosiesandwhatnots
14. carycamille
15. electricdunce
16. deepsouthmama received 2/27

Country girl in NE PA

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  2:56:37 PM  Show Profile
I broke my sewing machine needle.. can you believe I have about 1000 hand sewing needles but no machine needles.. So I have to think of something else to do for my squares.

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  3:00:49 PM  Show Profile

Hi, Ladies. I received Kathy's of khartquilt blocks in the mail today. You are going to love these. They are really pretty with applique. They are cheerful and remind me so much of spring, just what I need right now as I wait for the last bit of snow to melt away.

Hope you all are doing great today. Happy stitching to you.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  5:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Yikes! Fire, fire, fire! I need to get moving since March is flying by and I have to finish my squares. Meanwhile, we are trying to get a part of the barn repaired so I can get my chicks ordered. (We're renovating an old place that has been neglected for a long time.) This on top of working fulltime outside the home. All this said, I wondered if anyone else has considered having Clare send her blocks anyway and we could all come along side her and finish the ones left to do as "sisters". That way she would still be represented on the quilt tops we make and my other thought is that, if so inclined, it could be a prayer reminder to hold her up in prayer as she has much to deal with right now. Putting the package together may be too much with all the other things she talked about in her post but it was just a thought. She seems like such an exceptional person.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page