Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share Next Topic
Page: of 11

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  7:25:45 PM  Show Profile
ok, I have to laugh at myself...all my projects are done(except my own felt pins-decided to make a few more).
Everything is boxed up & on the dining room table ready to go to the P.O. tomorrow,,,'cept I just remembered that tomorrow is a Federal Holiday-no banks no P.O.....so it's off to the P.O. I go on Tuesday....

Hi Lisa, trust me, not fast just "Type-A" hahaha!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  7:23:27 PM  Show Profile
Clare- my quilt squares and sase are in the mail to ya!
Can't wait to see all the pretty squares!
tKS FOR THIS SWAP!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  7:24:17 PM  Show Profile
you go fast girl!

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  7:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Yeah- it's therapy. I need more therapy after todays disaster with dressmaking!!!!
I will NEVER repeat this!
Took all the joy out of the sewing.
You are supposed to enjoy sewing- I figure if it makes me that crazy & takes 8 hrs to get a dress done- I need to just buy my dresses and stick to quilts and embroidery!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  7:36:04 PM  Show Profile
if you can wake up tomorrow and not think about it, you will do yourself good! toss in trash and forget

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  7:57:21 PM  Show Profile
Forget what???

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  8:05:27 PM  Show Profile
you are on the right path

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  04:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
when I made something I don't like or won't fit right I just finish it the best I can and put it in my closet telling myself I'll wear it anyway...which I don't...must be denial. LOL

May we always be in thankful contemplation of God who presides over us all.
Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  7:59:57 PM  Show Profile
I usually end up tearing it apart and re-purposing the fabric, (even if it means making yoyos or saving the fabric for a quilt or a new kitties pillow bed).
It is so frustrating when a pattern doesn't turn out right and is just not fun to sew.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  8:20:32 PM  Show Profile
I can't bear to look at the fabric even for re-purposing! Bad huh?
I probably have 5 more yds too!!!
I should say did have- it's gone to the thrift for some other lucky lady to sew on!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  9:23:40 PM  Show Profile
you must be so patient Autumn.

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  07:15:03 AM  Show Profile
HA! Patient? Not when it comes to sewing.
People tell me I'm patient cause I homeschool my kids-maybe that's true with the kids- but I'm coming up on the end of that too. My last will be done in 2-3 years. I've been at it 25 yrs so I guess I am patient in that area

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  07:33:54 AM  Show Profile
HOW'S THE WEDDING COMING ALONG, AUTUMN?

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  07:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Very well!!! Thanks for asking.
Tomorrow she has a shower and another in 2 weeks. I feel like we're coming in on the home stretch now!
I feel like I should be more stressed but we all seem to be moving along well. My oldest daughter is really doing the bulk of the stressful stuff. Managing lots of sewing,decorating people issues etc. Good reason I'm not stressed,huh.
I'm going over to the quilt thread to post some pics of embroidery I've been working on. Go take a peek.

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  06:20:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi, ladies. I received katmom's (Grace) and deepsouthmama's (Autumn) blocks when I got home from Florida. Thank you ladies. They are so great with handwork on them. You are all going to love these blocks. I hope this stimulates you all. I know it did for me. I bought my white fabric yesterday and am ready to cut blocks and transfer my designs to them for embroidery.

Jess, what are you doing in the hospital? You should be home with all your kids?

Autumn, I can't believe you got your blocks done in the middle of wedding plans. WOW!!

OK, just because I am in the stitching room, I want to mention how wonderful you ladies are. I received a Winter Block Swap Quilt in the mail when I got home on Wed from all the ladies who swapped. It was put together by Sheryl-lyn Walz (sewgirlie). It is incredible and beautiful. When I get a chance today I will photograph it and post a thread on it. It even has the contributing ladies embroidered on the bottom border. I am telling you it made me cry my eyes out when I opened the box. Sheryl-lyn even included a book and a CD for me. As I sit and wait for my next tests in a couple weeks and wonder if and what comes next for me, I can't tell you how thrilled it makes me to cover up in the recliner downstairs with this quilt. I have one for my upstairs naps by the ladies when I started treatment and now this one for my downstairs work.

Oh, I also got my bloodwork done on the way back form the airport and my numbers are going up, much closer to normal now. I am feeling better and so happy to see it in the bloodwork. Maybe in two weeks time I will be back in the normal range.

OK, so excited to be able to communicate daily with you all. Happy Stitching. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to be part of these swaps once more.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  06:32:11 AM  Show Profile
Glad you are back Clare. I hope it was warm and sunny most days for you. I am so glad you go the quilt. It should be so fun to look at. Sheryl lyn is go wonderful, and kathy(khartquilt) to help get it all together. I was at the hospital with my dad. He had some extremely invasive brain surgery. He is still there, and I am home now. I will be returning to the hospital for 9 days in a week and a half. He seems to be progressing in baby steps which is to be expected. So we have a long road ahead of us, but the whole family will have to work at it. We are now this week going to start having shifts of when people can be with him. We try to make sure some one is with him everyday. We are now trading out 1 week at a time so most people can get back to work.

Stitch on Clare!

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  06:39:44 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I wrote khartquilt down as ktknits, the wrong Kathy. I am just waiting to hear back if kathy of khartuilt would like to do the swap with us. If she can't, I will fill in and do a pieced block as well so there will still be 16. I am so sorry. I don't know what is wrong with my brain some days.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  06:43:41 AM  Show Profile
I think I told Karhartquilt that she can have carmens set is she wanted them, but since i did not hear from her, carmen did her set and mine is 1/2 done, so if that set is the one you are referring to, dont worry about it, we are happily on the way to both of our sets being done, and done early at that.

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  07:05:38 AM  Show Profile
WOw, Jess, you two are working so fast. I need to get my act together nd get these done. I am waiting to hear back fro ma few who signed up with their info, just to make sure they are still interested. It's so fun to receive the packages and watch it all come together. The winter blocks swap quilt is gorgeous, and I hope this spring one will make a lovely wall hanging or table topper for everyone.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  07:12:25 AM  Show Profile
yes it is fun to do the smaller squares again as we have been doing big ones for a few months now. carmens are interesting once again but I think they are probably fine for the swap. I thnk she will make way more tahn neccessary and then we will pick the better ones.

Go to Top of Page

Lovin Life
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Lisa
New Hampshire
103 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  09:42:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Clare,

I am still interested in the spring quilt block swap. I have three done so far! Haven't had too much time to work on it last week, but should be able to crank out a few more this weekend. They look nice, and it's my first hand applique'ed attempt. I can't wait to see them all put together.

Hope you're feeling well

I'd rather live my life with a "full plate" than an empty one. Life is not a rehearsal... eat up!
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  09:59:58 AM  Show Profile
I have fabric and plan but have not started but no worries they will be done. LOL
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  2:18:16 PM  Show Profile
It's good to hear from all you ladies. Glad everyone is planning and making. I have my two patterns and fabric now to start creating tomorrow.

Jess, Carmen's spot is still for her. Gla she is participating. I wish I could get my daughter to give it a try, but she just watches and admires from the sidelines. She is more interested in her "friend" Gabe and emailing him and such.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  2:27:20 PM  Show Profile
ahhh...when you have a "friend"...who needs quilting!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  4:03:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Clare:

Glad you are home and feeling better!! Thought of you many times during the past few weeks. By the way, I only quilted the quilt. Khartquilt put it together. She did such a great job with that, that it was a blast quilting it. I hate putting the backing, batting and top together. That is probably why I don't quilt more often! I am thrilled that you are getting cozy with us all around you. I pray for you each and every day!! XXOO

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page