Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 I'm back and it's been a BAD spring.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic I'm back and it's been a BAD spring. Next Topic
Page: of 5

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  07:20:23 AM  Show Profile
Trina,

Big hugs. Sounds like he is trying to hang on for dear life to me,life is so out of control in his head/reality that he wants desperatly to be in control of something! . Just not necessarily to the right thing -- has he seen the Chaplain at all? God is the only thing that will get you through this, who has the answers.

Hang in there!

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  04:08:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh Trina,
You dear, dear girl. I am thinking of you.
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  07:50:38 AM  Show Profile
Loved your tribute on your blog sometimes people need to allow the truth to come out! ((((prayers and hugs))) are still with you. Hang in there all will be well in the end, tough love does make people bounce back. I am sure he has a lot to deal with in his mind and I pray he can come to terms and regain his life. Focus on yourself and your children. Follow your heart! I pray God continues to give you strength and knowledge to deal with this.
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  08:23:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello Trina, so sorry to hear about what happened to you and your husband. Leaving in Kuwait we see lots of soldiers going to and coming back from Irak. They all seem to be so sad and depressed when they board the plane to go back home. We cannot know what is really going on there and what they see and feel, and they surely react in a personal way to all the dxifficulties and losses and killing that go on and on in Irak. I am sure this is very hard then to go back to "nornal life" and the bondaries between what they live in war countries and what they live at home are totally blurred. When you have to watch each of your steps, when you are on alert all single moment of your life because it is a life matters, when you can count first on you, how can you re-enter family life and know that you belong to a circle that wont' let you down, that includes you in love and care ?
I am so sorry that you are going through all this, you did the right thing to send him to the hospital. Take all the time YOU and the kids need to make it right for you, do the actions that you see good for all, take care of your feelings and your needs. He might be like a stranger for you for a while, but I hope the medications will help and that he will be able to be part of your family the way you know him and you want him to be.
Lotsa hugs towards yo, hope that today is a good day for you Trina..
corinne
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  11:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks again, girls! Even when I get down, your posts make me feel better. I love you all!

Trina

Corinne--we share a name, well almost! My real name is Corrine (pronounced Kor-een-a). The "a" was not intended by my mother, but it was added by my uncle while I was still young. Since it Corrine is a french name, that is probably the proper pronounciation anyway.

http://glitteringgoat.blogspot.com/

If you would know Love, you must know pain too. -Hannah Hurnard
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  12:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Trina,
You and your family are in my prayers.

Cheryl
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillipians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

MamaHumbird
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Holly
Cleveland Missouri
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  9:40:07 PM  Show Profile
Trina,
I am so sorry for what your family has gone through. Your family has made an incredible sacrifice for our country and no one should forget that. We are so grateful for what you husband has done and what your family has done at home as well. I know he will only continue to get better and your entire family is in our thoghts and in our prayers.

God Bless,
Holly
Cleveland, MO
Go to Top of Page

mrsmorgen
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

morgen
coudersport pa
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  06:33:25 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear of all that has gone on. I will be praying for you , your family and your husband.
morgen

I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all..
laura ingalls wilder
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  09:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, girls. There has been no change in hubbys condition this week. There is a book review on my blog for you all. Please check it out and concider getting the book. If the people of this nation do not speak out, nothing will every be done to help these soldiers.

Trina

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  12:08:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Trina-

Please send me the information on contacting the government about the mental health of our soldiers. I think it is something that all of us citizens should be concerned about. I hate to say it- but I think these poor soldiers are being treated like the Vietnam vets were. Which I think is a horrible thing.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:46:17 PM  Show Profile
Alee, my dh is a vietnam vet and he says he belives there ptsd is more severe than what he went through, they have no control over the situations that they are in, coming home is foreign, and their mental states are drastic. How could any of us handle all that they see.....go through. Does it make my heart hurt? Yes, because it isn't just the soilders that go through it, so do the families because what used to be for their family unit isn't the same any more. PTSD happens to the whole family unit. So who will truly hear their heart cries and make the changes...
I will do what I can to let their hearts be heard.
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  4:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Alee. When I send out the info to our family and friends this evening, I will add you to the list. Right now, I am focusing on getting the care my husband needs, but I am hoping to also spurn an interest in our people and leaders. When thing quiet down I intend to get more deeply involved in helping all those who are suffering from PTSD while our government refuses to care.

Trina

Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  4:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Oh, Carol Sue...you are so right about entire families suffering from war related PTSD. In the imediate family, George and I are both concidered to have PTSD ourselves from the situation (the other children are suffering in thier own ways). As for extended family, they are having a hard time too. His brothers and uncles, my family, childhood friends...it has shaken everybody. PTSD effects the entire community.

Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  5:00:43 PM  Show Profile
Trina, I just found this post. I pray that God gives you and your family strength and that your husband recovers fully.

http://diaryofafarmerswife.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  1:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
I went to see him last night. It was aweful and I only stayed about 30 minutes. The nurses were glad to see me since he eats what I give him, but he didn't care rather I was there or not. I saw him in the same room with a few other patients for the first time and was greatly saddened to see how frightened they all are of him. One poor man was almost frightened to tears. Another kept watching like he expected me to be attacked any second. Just before I left I kissed him on the top of the head (like I always do) and told him I love him, but got absolutly no response. The nurses and psych techs are wonderfuly supportive of me and tell me that I am doing the right thing in focusing on my children, but I keeping wishing I could do something to fix thier daddy. I know that God has a plan, but it is so hard to see how something as traumatic as this could end in good. Feeling a bit down today...go figgure.

Trina

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  7:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Trina! I am so sorry that he was so distant and that the other patients have been affected by his behavior as well. In my mind that just shows how much he needs the help. Poor guy! I hope he is able to find his way back home in his own head soon.

I agree- You can't focus, stress, and worry about him to the point of losing focus in your own life. You have to keep moving forward and being a good strong example for your kids. I am sure that doesn't make it any more easy though! *hugs and more Hugs!!*

How are things going with you land and goats? Are you back to living at your own home again?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  10:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Trina,
Any time you need to talk send me an email. You will have lots of ups and downs, this is a long battle. You cannot fix him and neither can I but oh how our hearts break because we cannot. Watching the struggles is extremely difficult at times, trying to have any kind of normal life while feeling like you are in survival mood is tough stuff.
At present you are the head of the household and have to make all the decisions, that in itself is tough, because he cannot. Use your church for support, family and us. Vent whenever you must cause this is gonna make you really mad at times and exhausted at the same time.
Having to deal with it with my honey has taught plenty of lessons, when he fell 26 ft 17 years and we nearly lost him, we went through some of it all over again. We were diagnosed as a family with PTSD due to the trama of my dh's accident. He had a closed head injury and many other's as well. Our lives drastically changed. I had to be head of the household, caretaker, everything for everything and exhaustion was the hardest part. Needing the time to grieve for what used to be and wouldn't be the same again. Learning to deal with life as it was now. That was a challenge. My circumstances are not the same as yours but the process of walking through it is similiar.
If you every just want to talk, let me know. Ready, willing and able to listen.

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  10:38:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh Corrine,

I remember seeing you post a few times right when I joined the group and that was about 2 months ago..I had wondered about you since I used to have dairy goats and wanted to get to know you

My heart fell when I read your life events...We just never know when things will go south as they say...So many men and women have given there devotion to the people of this country and come home totally scrambled, not knowing up from down anymore.

I so hope he is getting the medical attention that he needs...That area really needs great attention by our government...Our guys and gals that lay down their lives for us deserve "royal" treatment in my eyes.

You and your children could benefit from someone to talk to about all the days that you were held hostage..It's gotta come out so you can realize that your life will go on and good will come from all of this.

God does have a plan for you so hang in there and you know you can count on the farmgirls for support!

...til next time ~ queenofdreamsz

Drop by for a Latte at ~

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  05:57:09 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for the difficult time you are going through. I hope that things go well, and soon. I'll pray for you.
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  06:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, girls. I am waiting to get into counceling, my kids are already in therapy. As a mama I had to get them taken care of first. I really apreciate being able to talk here, because my friends and family here are already struggling to deal with the situation in other ways. They are all heartbroken to see him this way as well. My poor mama is beside herself and cant stand to let me cry, which really doesn't help. She just cant understand that I feel better after a good cry.

We are working on getting back into our house. There is alot of work to be done, we are painting and redecorating and the men from church are doing the repairs that have been neglected. The painting may seem to be a waste of money right now (the Army hasn't paid us since March) but it is necessary to change the atmosphere for the children before we go back. I think we will all feel better actualy.

Love you all, Trina

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  08:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Trina-

Nothing is a waste of money if it helps get the atmosphere of you house back to being "Home" and safe again.

Why hasn't the army paid you? Because he was AWOL? I am sure you are already working to have them reinstate pay or whatever you can. I hope things are moving forward for you and the kiddos!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  5:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
They stopped his pay when he was AWOL and it is taking a while to get it reinstated. I called his chain of command about it this morning and they are supose to be looking into it. We'll see.

Trina

Go to Top of Page

Rosenwalt
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Rose Marie
NY
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  5:32:58 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to say that my prayers are for you tonight and for your children and your husbands health.
I hope you will be able to see someone for yourself and perhaps they can help you with coping skills.
God bless.

Rose Marie,
Central New York

Go to Top of Page

MamaHumbird
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Holly
Cleveland Missouri
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  9:17:49 PM  Show Profile
Trina,

I am so sorry your visit didn't go any better. You are so stong, please hang in there. My family has been praying for you. I have been talking to anyone I can about PTSD and many others are starting to talk and think about it more. I know we have to act, but at least getting the word out makes people more aware. I saw a small clip on the national news tonight about it. They said they are trying to get people to train the soldiers about it so they can watch for the symtoms in their self and also fellow soldiers. Unfortunatly, they also mentioned that it was hard to get the funding (go figure). We will do our best to be activists in this fight with your family and all the other families who have suffered as well. May God Bless you and your wonderful family.

Holly
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  9:31:14 PM  Show Profile
Trina,
Just need to tell you how proud I am of you, for making the difficult decisions, for going forward when life is a major mess and life is unsure. For being there for your kids, and yes, I do understand getting the kiddos help first, it is not a waste making the change inside the house. It is NECESSARY. It is for your peace of mind and your children's, to make it a home again. I am so glad that you have help. Your mom doesn't want you to suffer cause she is your mom, and you definitly need to cry. A good cry releases the junk that gets built up. My counselor from a while back said sometimes it is just good to veg with a movie and have a good cry. Yes I do it, it does help.
You have a good day and will continue to pray.

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Family Matters: Previous Topic I'm back and it's been a BAD spring. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page