Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Please see post about hubby having a job
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Please see post about hubby having a job Next Topic  

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  12:21:32 PM  Show Profile
Okay so we have had all these troubles recently, sick kids, Er visits, Dr appointments, pets dying, also my husband has been unemployed and looking for a job since April, we have both put apps in but no takers, and now, my suppossed friend has decided that she is going to sell the house we rent form her. But we can stay in it till it sells, and save up money to move somewhere else, ummmm excuse me it has been all we can do to pay the rent with my hubby being unemployed, but now we can apparently pay rent, and save up and he loses his unemployment the begining of Sept... I am just soooo weary. SIgh.............
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~UPDATE~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Thank you ladies fro all your kind thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate them. I was called yesterday afternoon about a job, cooking for a hospital. I would be responsible for cooking for patients, the cafeteria, and also for Wheels on Meals. I interviewed this morning, and took a test they require for employment. I really liked the lady doing the hiring, and I am a very outgoing people person, they are checking my refrences and she said she would call if they were interested by Friday, and she said she was "very interested", due to my past experience in food service and cooking. She said also due to my precious experience I would start at a higher pay rate. So if you could all pray for me, I would surely appreciate it.
UPDATE

I did not get a call today, the lady had to leave early, I called and they said she left a message for me and wants me to call her on Tuesday @9:00 am. I asked if they had hired anyone, she said no they had not and please call Tuesday. SOOOOO I am hoping that this is a good sign. please keep praying.

Well I had the job and then the woman I was replacing decided not to leave this morning after all. I am weary and feel a bit ummmm stomped all over, if you all could keep on praying that would be awesome.

Hugs
Amy

http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/

Edited by - AmyEllen on Sep 13 2007 12:03:10 PM

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  12:46:08 PM  Show Profile
Ask, Believe, and receive. I know that is hard to think of right now but just keep saying. I saying a prayer for you all.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  1:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amy-

I hope something wonderful happens for you soon.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  1:30:52 PM  Show Profile
Amy, having been to your wonderful blog, I have a clue where your heart is. Big hugs, and promise of prayer for you and your family. Thank you for telling us, we want to give you support.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  4:49:33 PM  Show Profile
Ahhh Amy , you girl do not need anymore rain!!!!!! Praying for you and your family girl.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  5:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Oh Amy I am hoping something positive comes from all of this soon. Please know we are all thinking of you. BigHugs!

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  9:47:34 PM  Show Profile
Amy, thinking of you and wishing you happier very days soon! By the way, I have a great grandmother Maude Rose McPherson (maiden name) who was born in Kanas!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  07:17:36 AM  Show Profile
Amy, hang in there girl. I'm praying for you, and wishing you sunshine and rainbows just around the corner. In the mean time, consider yourself hugged! Let me know if I can do anything.

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

DaltonLisa
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Lisa
Dalton Gardens Idaho
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  11:46:29 PM  Show Profile
Poor Amy!
After reading your blog I just want to tuck you under a warm quilt, close the door, take care of the kids for you and let you SLEEP! Having four kids has been a handful for me and those nights when more than one of them is sick--all you pray for is just to be able to sleep (besides hoping the children are soon well) and going without enough rest can also make your problems seem so much more overwhelming. I wish your family a breakthrough soon on the job hunt, and with all of these fine ladies here rooting for you it's bound to happen soon! I'm sorry about your friend-I also just recently separated from a "best friend" that I found out wasn't that at all. It hurts.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  5:48:53 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Amy sure will be praying for the new job. Time for things to change for you and your family.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  6:16:55 PM  Show Profile
What encouraging news! I'll be praying--it sounds like such a good fit for you.
XO,

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  6:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh that sounds wonderful! I am sending good thoughts your way!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  8:05:47 PM  Show Profile
Prayers are going out to you from one Kansas girl to another. (I'm in NJ now but was raised in KS. so that is where my heart is). Hang in there, I just know things will work out with all these farmgirls on your side.
Hugs,
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  05:51:26 AM  Show Profile
Good luck with the job opportunity, Amy! Hopefully the rest of your concerns will be addressed positively as well...keep us posted!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  06:02:24 AM  Show Profile
praying for you to get the job, Amy! It sounds like it will be just what you're cut out for!!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  11:31:24 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
hope things turn out for you, girl! i've havent been around for awhile, so i don't believe we've meet, but you are in my thoughts now.

Trina

http://glitteringgoat.blogspot.com/

If you would know Love, you must know pain too. -Hannah Hurnard
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  8:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I hope everything works out for you. Just said a prayer for you. Keep your head up - it will get better.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  9:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Amy,
That job sounds perfect for you. I will say prayers that this is the one for you. Enjoy your weekend and try not to think about it too much. (much easier said than done:) )
Merle
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  05:53:06 AM  Show Profile
Amy, Keeping you in my prayers.
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  12:33:04 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like good news, Amy. I'll be praying!

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  12:31:02 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there Amy, at least you have your foot in the door. Another job will come along soon. You can't go wrong with all these farmgirls pulling for you!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  5:05:29 PM  Show Profile
Amy, my heart just dropped when I saw your update. Ouch! I'm praying for the best answer to come for you... and also for you to know a quiet rest. And, for a long time of good health for your family.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  06:47:11 AM  Show Profile
Aww, I am sorry to hear the job didn't come through...I wonder why the person decided not to leave? And, maybe, she will change her mind again, so maybe you could drop a little note or phone call to the person who interviewed you, just saying thanks for the opportunity to interview, and to keep you in mind if anything else comes up. You never know where things will go from there.

In the meantime, did this opportunity give you any ideas of other locations to look for work? Good luck!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  08:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I know there is another job out there for you! Keep looking and soon you will find it! *hugs*

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  11:39:55 AM  Show Profile
Amy - that job may have just had an aspect to it that wouldn't have suited you very well - who knows? What I DO know and belive is that you'll get a job that will fit you just wonderfully. Keep your spirits up, and know that you have all of us out here thinking of you!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Please see post about hubby having a job Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page