Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  09:22:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Melanie- Eating 6 small meals throughout the day really helps with those cravings in my experience. I have days like that too, though. Lets not mention the entire cheesecake that I had the other day... that was a little embarrassing! It was the only thing that sounded and tasted good with this silly head cold!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  3:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
OKay! I just bought a new scale and am happy to report that I am down to 154.5 lbs! Yay! This is about 4 lbs less than I thought!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  7:26:47 PM  Show Profile
Guess what guys, I have now lost 25 lbs!!! I've been going to W.W. and working out A LOT! I'm going to the gym 5 times a week and just love it! This is the best I've felt in YEARS!

Rhonda, we are SOOOOO happy you joined us at this thread! Anything we can do to help keep you motivated? We all need a little help from time to time!

Melanie, let us know how your meeting went. Sounds like you are on the right track, exercise and no junk. Good for you!

Alee, I LOVE your new scale! I need one just like it (weighs 4 lbs less than we think!)

Hang in there ladies.....we'll get there! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  8:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
YAY CINDY! YOU ROCK!!! Keep up the great work! You are an inspiration and should be voted "Top Motivator" of the week! 25 pounds! That is awesome!! *Hugs*

Alee
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  10:50:03 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Alee...Cindy, you are the best motivator of the week!!! Way to go with your weight loss.
I weighed in last night and was up 2 1/2 lbs. oh well this is a new week and I am really trying not to eat the leftover pumpkin pie that is in the fridge. right now I am drinking grated ginger in a mug of boiling hot water. It is very good and good for me too I am sure. better than another cup of coffee!!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  11:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay Ladies!

I am issuing a mini challenge for the week! Let me know how you fared for the week next Monday, okay?

The Challenge is (Drum roll....) Drinking Water!

Lets make sure we get the minimum of 8 glasses of water a day. Depending on size and activity levels, some people actually need more than 8 glasses of water! Non Caffinated teas also count in the daily water count.

Lets make sure we are giving out bodies the best chance at flushing out those toxins that are hiding in our fat stores. Also water flushes out water weight. Our bodies are trained to hold onto water when we are in a perpetual state of minor dehydration. So the first day or so of drinking plenty of water, you might gain a little in extra water weight, but by the third day it will flush out your system and your body won't hold on to extra water weight.

Today I have had about 3 glasses of water already and I know I need more so I am keeping a big glass by my side at all times.

Keep up the to good work ladies!

Remember health is the key! *Hugs*

Alee
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  12:53:38 PM  Show Profile
I accept your challenge Alee and and I have made a challenge back to you all, let's get 20-30 minutes of exercise in every day this week. Everything counts, even house work.....how does that sound?

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  1:45:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds great, Melanie! Here's to being healthy (Imagine me toasting with a glass of water!)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  07:12:19 AM  Show Profile
Alee, Yes, water is so good for you. I am lucky that I am a water drinker. It is the exercise that is the challenge for me! Melanie, great idea!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  3:02:53 PM  Show Profile
WOW, I think we are really on to something here! We needed a new challenge to get us going as a group! Alee, I'm so glad you got us going. Now look, there's a second challenge already! I really think this is good stuff and we need to be there for eachother.

Keep us all posted on how you're doing ladies!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  3:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies! There are all sorts of studies about "mob mentalities" well lets get a mob mentality about being healthy, right? :D I know I do better when I have support and friends to talk about health and weight loss.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  4:41:25 PM  Show Profile
I absolutely agree with you gals....there is power in numbers. Power to the people!! Or maybe i should say power to our legs!!

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  9:59:43 PM  Show Profile
Wow, lots of activity here in the past few days! Thank you for welcoming me.

First, Cindy GREAT JOB, 25 pounds is fantastic! Melanie, thanks for the encouragement to try TOPS! It sounds really great. I am so impressed that you walked 45 minutes! And Alee, 4 pounds less than you thought-how wonderful! Sounds like you're feeling much better too!

I was a bit disappointed tonight...I got all dolled up & excitedly headed out to the TOPS meeting. Pulled into the parking lot & there were no cars. No one ever showed up. I am going to search again online to find another group. There were several nearby. I WILL find them! LOL

Since I was already in town, I went to visit my Mom, and the first thing she asked was "Have you lost weight?". She earned a big hug for that observation! Nothing like that to motivate a person! So after my visit, I headed over to the grocery store to restock my healthy food supply. Not a wasted trip after all.

So far the major changes I have made are... No sweets ( a biggie), no chocolate (huge), no pasta, potatoes, very little bread, skim milk instead of 2%, lowfat cheese & dairy, nothing fried, using only olive oil, no condiments. I'm about two weeks in, and so far haven't cheated.

My biggest challenge is coffee. I love good coffee, and I like cream & sugar in my coffee. I have switched to 1% milk but struggle with using artificial sweetners. I think they taste awful, plus I prefer something natural. There was a post here about a natural, no-cal sweetner called stiva. Anyone tried it?

What does everyone else struggle with?

I am up for the water drinking challenge. I MIGHT be up for the exercise challenge if we can call it something else. Today my 17 year old son offered to be my "personal trainer". This is the kid who runs laps carrying gallon jugs of water. No thanks! I will commit to walking the dog a mile...his legs are short. I can keep up.

My goal is to feel stronger and have more energy. I'd also like to avoid a few health issues that seem to run in my family if I can.

Thanks everyone for being willing to encourage!

Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  11:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! I want you son to be my personal trainer! I love hearing the determination he must have to run with what amounts to weights!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  4:23:58 PM  Show Profile
Rhonda, I think you are on the right track. You seem to know just what you need to be doing to get healthy, just take small steps!

I don't know about you but I would rather use a small amount of natural sugar than ANYTHING artificial. Maybe you could just back off a little at a time and you are at least using 1% milk.

We need to find you a new TOPS meeting group AND to rename the exercise challenge!!!!

You guys are a great group, thanks so much for being there! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  5:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I agree with Cindy- A little natural sugar is better than the artifical stuff. I personally don't think there has been enough conclusive research on ANY of the artifical sweeteners.

How about a "positive activity challenge"? Instead of "exercise"

Here are some things that count that you might not have thought of:

Taking stairs instead of elevator/escalator/moving walkway
Energetic house cleaning (Burn 200 calories an hour)
Walking to work or parking further away from store/work entrance.
Raking leaves/Mowing Lawn
Walking the dog/kids
Playing outside with kids or friends

Lets just get up and get moving!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  1:24:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh Rhonda
Too bad about the TOPS meeting not being there...what a let down. Good for you for wanting to find another one. As for your coffee, I agree, I love a good cup of coffee that is one thing I will not sacrifice. I still take cream and sugar in it and just cut back on the rest of my days consumption.
I'm sure you all (In the USA) have the 100 calorie bags of treasts, popcorn, chips, chocolate, cookiews...etc. they are the best invention as they satisfy the craving without costing too much in the calories dept.
Alee...great name "positive activity challenge" I LOVE IT!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  1:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well the water treatment is working (does that sound like a spa? Good!) Today's scale said I lost 1lb! yay! I am so happy! It makes me want to get up and go for a jog...hehe- not likely but a good thought anyways!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  1:48:45 PM  Show Profile
I have been avoiding this topic the whole time on here, well no more. again you gals are great! i don't even have a scale! we useto but it would change when you moved it around the floor, like 10 pds off. so we lost it, I don't really know how much im at- i will find out soon (need to get a gyn opp. for 6wk. checkup yea for me! so i will try to get on with this whole live better feel better stuff. I've got a big 10 year class reunion next summer! and a hot momma red dress! no more "you look good for 4 kids!" really, thats not helping!!!

xoxo s.r.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  1:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Shawna!

Oh, I am so glad you are joining us! This thread isn't about some "magic" number on the scale- not at all! This thread is about support and love and becoming happy and healthy.

I am okay with having a round face and not having modelesk cheek bones. That just isn't my genetics- But I should be able to run the length of a football field and not feel like I need oxygen afterwars :D And I want to be able to pick up Nora no matter how big she gets (at least until that is too undignified for her! LOL)

So, Shawna, I am glad you are here with us, because all of us can use all the farmgirl love and encouragement that we can get! *Hugs*!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  3:37:28 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Shawna...there is no need to avoid us, we're a friendly bunch! Glad you decided to dive in!

Yes, positive activity challenge works for me! I think we can all live with that!

You guys are never gonna believe this, I went to W.W. today and lost only 1/2 pound! I am here to tell you that I worked my butt off this week at the gym, 5 times this week for about 1 1/2 -2 hours! I think I deserve a little more than 1/2 a pound! Now, my husband says that muscle weighs more than fat but it's sure dissapointing!

Well, I can't give up now. I'm in it for the long haul and I know that it will have to come off at some point but I sure could use some farmgirl encouragement from all of you! I did go to the gym today but I only lasted 40 minutes, my heart wasn't in it so I'll try tomorrow. BOO HOO!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  3:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Cindy!

Your husband is certainly right!

Also are you drinking enough water? (I know I know... it is my own personal crusade!) If you just started drinking enough water, you will have some extra water weight for a day or so (As well as going to the bathroom a bit more) and then the extra water will fall off and the bathroom breaks will decrease too!

Also make sure that you are on a low sodium diet on weigh in days. Sodium really makes us retain lots of water! You would be suprised how much water weighs!

You are doing awesome working out so much! I know your whole body is thanking you!

How do you feel? Do you feel tired? Are you doing to much? Or are you feeling energized with all that extra "positive activity"? :D

Keep it up! I know it will show even more next weigh in!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  5:04:04 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Shawna!!

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  7:06:22 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Shawna! So glad you are joining us too.

I had my morning coffee the way I like it. I figure if my weight stalls I can deal with that one later.

Cindy, YOU deserve an award, and yes, a more substantial loss...LOL! I hate when I have tried so hard alllll week & the scale is stingy. You hang in there though, we all know it's the long haul that counts.

I bought a scale yesterday. I weighed and was of course disappointed. Don't we always think we are smaller than we really are? Well anyway, I phoned my doctor's office to see what my weight was there last month. IF the new scale is correct, I'm down 4 pounds.

I've been doing good on water & even walked the dog today. He & I both enjoyed it immensely.

Keep up the great work ladies!

Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  8:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yay Rhonda! 4lbs is WONDERFUL! Keep it up! We will all be fit and healthy before next summer!

Alee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page