Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Help! Poison Ivy or something...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Help! Poison Ivy or something... Next Topic  

fiddlers wife
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

ginny
pacific mo
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  07:40:13 AM  Show Profile
I don't THINK it's poison ivy because I've had that before and the bumps look different... In any case, it's something and it itches and it's spreading!!! I washed it with TechNu, applied Calagel. This morning repeated the TechNu and tried Benadryl gel instead. The bumps are spreading behind one ear, along my jawline and on one arm. They are tiny. Do I have to just let it run its course or do you Farmgirls have any tried and true remedies?!?

I think I got it from the puppy's coat. He ran through an area in the yard that's supposed to be wildflowers, but apparently there's something lurking in there.

{sigh} Looks like Luke's getting a bath today.

www.handcraftedatwitsend.weebly.com
www.ginnymae.etsy.com
Restyled vintage elements featuring feed sack purses and totes

fiddlers wife
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

ginny
pacific mo
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  3:06:14 PM  Show Profile
It is now INSIDE my right ear, up my right cheek and migrated along my jawline to the other side of my face.

I called the doc and he prescribed Prednisone, which I hope does not make me nuts. Y'all might be seeing a huge jump in my post count tonight.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

www.handcraftedatwitsend.weebly.com
www.ginnymae.etsy.com
Restyled vintage elements featuring feed sack purses and totes

Edited by - fiddlers wife on Jul 26 2008 3:06:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  3:36:50 PM  Show Profile
Might be poison oak. I'd bathe your dog. Hope th itches get better soon.
Keep us posted.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  6:09:09 PM  Show Profile
I posted a comment on your other post. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:25:26 PM  Show Profile
I think it could be poison oak too. I got into poison oak last year. For me it was awful! It started on my neck, spread to my face, every morning for one week, I would wake up in the morning with badly swollen eye lids, puffy face. It was awful! Then it spread to my chest, down to my arms, to my belly, and on down to my legs. As it spread, the other areas healed.

My doctor also prescribed Prednisone pills and also gave me an injection of Prednisone. (I went to the doctor as soon as it made my eyes puffy.) Even with the Prednisone, the rash still spread, but if I hadn't received the shot, it may have been worse. As it was, the rash took time to clear up, about one and a half months. I'm so allergic to Poison Oak and Ivy. Guess what grows on our property, in unspecting spots. I almost ran into poison ivy tonight. UGH!

I hope your rash stays localized and the Prednisone works well for you.

Barb
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Help! Poison Ivy or something... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page