newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  02:40:47 AM  Show Profile

I am still going to TOPS and I really like the concept of the meetings....I have made "some" new friends and hope to be Taking Off Pounds Sensibly for a while...Set a goal for myself and am sticking to it.

Margie

Chocolate makes my Heart 'sing"...
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  2:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Weight Watchers have seem me come and go SOOOO many times, they don't get too excited about it any more but that's OK. I'm doin' good right now! Weighed Friday and have lost 20lbs!!! I'm a happy girl! Good luck to all of you.....Cindy
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  2:40:32 PM  Show Profile
Went to Weight Watchers Sat. morning and I was so disappointed - the first week I only lost .6 of a pound. Better than gaining I guess, but I was hoping for at least 1 whole pound!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  4:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey Sherri-

If you are doing math you round up after .4 so .6 rounded up is 1 lb! :)

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  7:11:15 PM  Show Profile
Well, shoot -- I started this thread and then haven't posted in quite a while. But I weighed in this morning and found that I was down 8 pounds. I did notice that I could fit into jeans that I haven't been able to wear in quite a while!

Not following a diet plan, per se. Just some alterations in eating habits and increasing the amount of exercise. I'm not one for gyms and such, so I started volunteering at the Humane Society large animal rescue ranch. Nothing like cleaning stalls and goat pens to burn off a few calories! Plus, my local community college allows alumni to use the pool free of charge, so I'm going to start swimming a few times a week.

Let's keep up the good work!

I've learned that it takes as much time and energy to wish as it does to plan.

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  10:48:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee! Now I feel better!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  06:56:22 AM  Show Profile
WOW!! Sounds like we are all on track. The fact that we are all trying is great. I find, for me, that if I "blow it" one day (like the other day it was a friends 40th birthday and I PIGGED OUT) I just start again the next day. I am loosing roughly 1 pound a week just by watching my portions and not eating so much junk. It helps. Iam now 163 and happy that I am trying. Keep up the good work ladies!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  09:37:22 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Sandy! I am starting tomorrow, need to loose a few pounds and Sept 1st seems like a good date to start!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  11:35:38 AM  Show Profile
Good luck with your fresh start, Cheryl! First day of the month, first month of the (4th) calendar year quarter!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  12:31:57 PM  Show Profile
I haven't joined in with this before but decided to do so now. About a month ago I had a gall bladder attack. I will have to have surgery, probably at the end of September. But the doctor said I have to be on a very low fat diet which I've been following very closely. In the last month I've lost 15 lbs!! Of course I have 100 more go to but I'm taking it in baby steps -- 10 lbs at a time. Can't think of the big picture or I get overwhelmed! I'm excited!

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Visit my Etsy Shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Edited by - therusticcottage on Aug 31 2007 12:32:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  2:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kay! Wow! 15lbs! That is awesome! Keep up the good work Farmgirl! That is .5 of a pound a day! I bet you feel better already!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  6:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Kay, That is wonderful! Remember taking the weight off slowly is better for you and it will be easier to keep it off.
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  11:16:48 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Kay!!! one step at a time, better yet, use a pedeometer and count all of your steps! Ha! hA!

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  07:28:55 AM  Show Profile
Anyone still here? I am down to 163 so only 1lb but still going to TOPS and loving it!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  07:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Melanie-

That is awesome!! You rock!

I am working with e-diets to try and lose this weight as just me alone wasn't cutting it. I get really great recipes and a shopping list each week and they tell me exactly what to eat and exactly what to do when exercising.

Since I still don't have a scale- I am not sure if I am losing or not. But I feel better, lots more energy and motivation, and I feel like there is a change in my body, so I am enjoying it.

I am really short- only 5 foot tall, so I would like to get down to right around 130, but even 140 would be a great achievement for me!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  4:10:06 PM  Show Profile
I am finally ready to lose some weight. I was always skinny even through high school, so it's kind of a shock to be so heavy after having 2 kids. I was weighed at the doctor today. 195. Ouch! My BMI was 33. I had a lot of problems with my last pregnancy, high blood pressure and gestational diabetes, and I don't want these things to become permanent. I have been eating way to much chocolate, so I am starting by cutting that out, no more fast food, and only calorie free drinks. I would like to try for another child in a couple years, so I really need to get down to a better weight before then. Plus my 2 1/2 year old is old enough to watch what I eat and drink and want the same things.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  5:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather-

Good for you! I don't think it is so much about the weight (though when the scale keeps going up it can be a bid disheartening, eh?) but it is more about feeling good about our selves and just having the energy to live, right?

I know since I have started my diet I have been feeling SO much better. Tons more energy and feeling very positive about life in general!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  9:46:00 PM  Show Profile
OK gals...I've got a question. Sorry if someone else has already talked about this, but I didn't want to read through 12 pages of chat to check first ; } This is a very popular thread!

Does anyone else seem to NOT be able to lose any weight?

I was dieting-nothing (regular, no junk food, moderate portion, "eat right" diet) Well, I lost 4 pounds in the first week, then nothing.
I've done Adkins-nothing
I did Curves regularly (2 or more times a week for MONTHS)- real close to nothing
I've done walking 3x a week-nothing
I cut out the sugar and I have used milk instead of half and half for my coffee for over 6 months-nothing (and this was a BIG calorie cut!)

I am so frustrated I don't know what to do.

So I have purposefully NOT been dieting for over a month...nothing...
What in the world is wrong? I am discouraged and out of ideas on how to lose this weight.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Makes me wish that my hubby hadn't gotten that operation...with my last 2 pregnancies, I LOST weight... I should just get knocked up again! lol

Faith

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  11:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Faith-

My friend has the same problem. It could be many things.

How much water do you drink? Not drinking enough water can put you into dehydration mode where you actually retain water and gain weight.

How much DO you eat? Sometimes it is a case of eating too many calories and putting on the pounds, and sometimes it is a case of not eating enough and going into a starvation mode.

Have you talked to a doctor? Sometimes things like depression, medication, thyroid issues, or metabolism issues can cause you to keep weight and not loose

Do you do a weight lifting routine and a cardio routine regularly? For every pound of muscle you burn an extra 30-50 calories just to maintain the muscle. For every pound of fat you don't burn any extra calories.

When I reach slumps like that I really focus on just revving up my routines. Your body can actually learn to cope with a certain level of exercise and exist on the same # of calories.

I hope some of that helps. When I was like that I got my blood tested for thyroid and vitamin deficiencies. I would also try and do a week long food journal, including weights of the foods you eat. Then take that with you to the doctor so he can look over it.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  06:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Faith
I was thinking the same thing as Alee....up your water intake. Try joining a weight loss support group. I joined TOPS and I love it!!! The support is Awesome and it has helped me quite a bit. And the best part is it is only $2.00 a week!!! Very affordable. Good luck!!

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  11:08:11 PM  Show Profile
Alas...I am late to the party but would very much like to join in. Mother may I?

I am on day 7 of the the South Beach Diet...having mixed feelings about it. I have been feeling terrible for about 4 days, so I got online only to discover a condition known as the SB-flu. Seems there is an adjustment phase I had not read about. I have not been functioning well at all this week & now know why. Anyone else had this experience?

The diet seems very healthy after this initial phase, so I am thinking of heading into phase two, adding a bit of oatmeal & whole wheat bread at this point. Not exactly "the plan"...but I need to stop feeling bad & get on with life.

I am very intrigued by the TOPS meetings too. I checked & there is a group nearby. I think I will try to attend next week (Wed.). Do I just pop in? Is it best to go after the weigh in times if you are a guest? Also...can someone who attends TOPS give me an idea of what meetings are like? And...it seems that there is no set program that is used, so you can choose your own program. Am I right? Did you need doctor's approval to join?

OK, so you can see that I REALLY need to be here. Can I jump in? Please?

Blessings,
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  05:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Rhonda- Yes Please join us!

I have been doing e-diets and I really like it. They have some great recipes and you can do pretty much any diet plan through them. The best part is, you don't have to read a lot of books because they make the meal plans for you.

I am still scale-less so I am not sure what I weigh. I have a bad sinus/throat infection right now so it hurts to swallow and nothing sounds good. So I hope this helps me lose weight as well.

Last night I just drank glass of water after glass of water. I felt so thirsty! And for dinner I had a baked potato with some butter and salt. I couldn't eat any meat or anything else. I know- not very healthy- but it was the only thing that sounded good!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  10:50:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee! I sure hope you feel better...sounds miserable. What a way to slim down, you poor girl!
I too am without a scale. I suppose I should have one. It may sound silly but I am pretty sure I am losing...my body feels and looks different. My husband commented on this over the weekend too.

I am looking forward to the local TOPS meeting on Wed. It will be nice to have the extra accountability.

How is everyone else doing this week?

Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  10:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Good job Rhonda! I am so happy that you are feeling better! I vow to go get a scale tomorrow. I know they say it is bad to weigh yourself all the time, but I find it helps keep me on track! :D

My cold is much better. I don't have to be on tylenol all the time now. Before I felt like my sinuses were going to explode. Now I am just a bit stuffy and my throat doesn't hurt any more (Thank goodness!)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  08:23:20 AM  Show Profile
Rhonda
I LOVE TOPS!!! you are right, there is no "diet" that they follow, but some members use the Weight watchers point system, some ladies do the South Beach etc....I, just try to watch what I eat and exercise more (notice the word "Try"!!!) I am up in weight this week...I have not been able to keep my mouth shut...I keep shoveling the food in....and then yesterday was our Canadian thanksgiving so of course I pigged out!!! Anyway, today is another day and so far so good. I walked for 45 minutes and have not eaten any junk food. Tonight is my Tops meeting, which I always look forward to.
Rhonda, you should just go to your local Tops meeting and speek to someone there. With our chapter, people can just come to see what it is all about free of charge, so I'm sure that yours would be the same. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page