Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  7:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
I weigh in tomorrow morning, just before my period starts, nice timing, lol.. hello water weight.

pics from my world.. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/tra-dun/
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  09:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Melanie! I'm glad that Tops is working out for you. Have you been able to meet any compatible souls? I was surprised today that the scale I use at the pool says I lost 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks, cause I thought I had been way bad...I have had a pinched nerve in my neck for 2 weeks and haven't been to the pool but once in that time, and then today...and haven't been really watching my food, but it's the same and only scale I use, so I'm hoping it's right. I still have more to go, but that was encouraging and gave me a little lift :-) Keep up the good work, ladies!

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  1:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Well, it's Monday morning. How did everyone do? I lost 3lbs. last week so I was happy! I've been walking the dogs and riding my bike every morning and taking water aerobics three times a week. I feel like I am in control for once and it feels great!

Melanie, I am SOOO happy for you! Hope you are doing well. Judy, three pounds is VERY good especially when you don't think you earned it! Good for you!

How about everyone else?
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  2:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today I accidently left the lights on while my car was off- So No car today! LOL I had to go to the bank to make a deposit so Nora, Sky-dog and I walked from our house to the bank. Probably 1.5 or 2 miles round trip. It felt great and Nora loved it! She was so calm and relaxed! I think we will start making it a morning ritual. I sure need it! LOL

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  5:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Weighed in at Dr's today and am down 2 more lbs.. Yahoo.. I have just cut down on everything to start and am slowing trying to do the WW thing since about 5 other Ladies in my TOPS group do it and they lose a little each week... I looked up the number of points for me and when "I came to after the fainting episode" I saw where if you are pregnant you can have 40 plus points..So do you think the ladies will "believe" I am "expecting" so I can have 40 plus points.. I doubt it but it's worth the try. LOL..

Margie (does spelling count here)
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  8:07:08 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I'm sure Nora is thrilled that she gets to go walking with you! I used to pull my kids around in a little red wagon, they loved it and it got us all out of the house!

Margie, if spelling counts, I'm in BIG trouble! Great news about the 2lbs. Keep up the good work! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  8:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I should take a longer walk tomorrow- down to the doctor's office. I should weigh in and make a well baby appointment for Nora.

Oh and Doug and I walked a few blocks this evening as well! I am feeling pretty good today! Hopefully I will sleep really well!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  8:50:34 PM  Show Profile
Ummmmm, How did everyone do this week? Haven't heard a peep!

I lost 3.8 last week and sure feel wonderful!!!! Been working my behind off and believe it or not, I'm gonna join a gym! I hope I don't KILL myself!! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  9:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I haven't been walking as much as I wanted to, but Teresa just gave me a Bug-A-Boo (bike trailer for kids) so I am going to get my bike out of storage tomorrow and hook it up. I hope to start riding my bike everywhere instead of using the car. I really need to work harder on losing this weight. I want to be proud of myself in my wedding pictures.

Here's the thing...I know I will never again look like I did when I was 16...but I don't want to cringe when I look at wedding photos either. *sigh* Okay mini pity party over! LOL

Alee
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  11:49:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey there ladies, I just discovered this thread! I was always a petite 5'1", size 5 lady that could eat anything she wanted and never gain more than a few pounds then would loose it.

When I hit 38 years old (11 years ago) I started gaining and Not loosing the weight....OMG it has been a uncomfortable journey since then trying to keep my metabolism up and running...LOL Now

I'm a size 12. I'm working on getting to a size 10 for my 50th birthday!! Please pray for me!!!

I am well endowed in the chest area and that makes it even worse...I can push the girls out of the way and I don't look as heavy....LOL

Anyway, glad I found this thread...maybe it will help me be more accountable to myself.

...til next time ~ queenofdreamsz

Drop by for a Latte ~
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  05:46:32 AM  Show Profile
Well I just thought I would check in. I just started working out with a personal trainer about a month ago. I weighed in at 161 then and I couldn't understand why I wasn't losing weight. So I saw a nutrionist and saw that my diet was making me spin my wheels. I am now on a 1400 calorie diet with only 30 grams of fat allowed and only 145 g of carbs. I'm doing ok on it and my nutritionist said it will not be a dramatic wieght loss but so far I've lost 3 lbs this week. I keep a food journal and have been doing ok on not cheating on my diet. Hopefully I'll get down to my goal weight of 130 lbs. I'm glad I'm not doing this weight loss thing alone.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  5:40:07 PM  Show Profile
Dear Chick......YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! Three pounds is great! Interesting that your nutritionist changed things up for you and it really worked. Keep up the good work and let us know how it's going.

Alee, You will feel SOOOO good after dropping a few pounds and those pictures will be proof of that! Get out your bike girl and get to peddling! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  10:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Oh, I so need this thread! With all the stress this spring, I gained @15 lbs and am having a terrable time taking it off. I had to buy new blouses last week since I was tired of the mid-bust gap. At roughly 145 I look OK...but at 130 I look great and have awesome energy. So I am trying to get back down. Eating properly has been very difficult lately since I am constantly on the go. Hopefuly when I get back to my house things will calm down and I will get back to making nutritious meals. For now, I am cutting out sweets and on the go snacks. I'll weigh in Monday morning...see you then.

Trina

http://glitteringgoat.blogspot.com/

If you would know Love, you must know pain too. -Hannah Hurnard
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  5:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well I weighed in at my WIC appointment today. 154. Not good news. I really need to start being more strict about getting out and exercising! I want to see a weight drop by next week!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  5:02:53 PM  Show Profile
What has happened to our little group over the last month? How is everyone doing? I'm nervous since nobody has been checking in! Maybe everyone is doing SOOOOO well that weight isn't an issue anymore!! Hope you are all well! Your weight loss buddy, Cindy

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  09:09:37 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cindy Lee

Maybe everyone is doing SOOOOO well that weight isn't an issue anymore!!

HA! That's funny. I haven't checked in here in a looong time. I seem to have lost my momentum somewhat. I'm still doing WW, but I'm not tracking my points anymore Being so strict gets depressing at times. The good news is that I'm still keeping my portions under control, snacking responsibly, and avoiding diet busters like fried foods, cheesy things, desserts, etc. So far I've lost 13 lbs. I'm trying to get to 17 lbs, which would be a 10% loss from my starting point. From there I still have a long way to go, but I think it's better to set one small goal at a time.

Stick with me girls. We can do it!!!

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  09:16:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ugh- Even though I had the flu for a week I still am weighing in at 154. I thought I was losing weight even. I am very frustrated. The only consolation is that it was on two different scales so I hope the WIC scale will tell me something different.

YAY SARAH!!! You are doing awesome!!! Keep up the good work and you will get there! 13 and 17 lbs is a lot! Keep up the great work!

Alee
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  09:44:50 AM  Show Profile
Hello, lovely ladies! I _finally_ got back to the pool this morning, and my official scale, which told me I have lost 14 pounds since we started. The amazing thing to me is that I have kept it off, and haven't been strict with myself. The nice part about summer is that it is generally too hot to cook, I don't feel like eating big meals, and the garden is starting to give me lots of fresh veggies. Luckily I LOVE my big salads! Also, the fact that my car died a month ago and I have been taking the bus to/from work (and hence, walking more, and even running to catch it sometimes!) has helped increase my exercise a bit. So keep at it, everyone! And, Alee, you CAN do it - and you will do it! FarmGirl Hugs! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  3:24:08 PM  Show Profile
Hello there...I'm back:) I am still going to TOPS and Loving It!!!! I highly recomend it to everyone. I joined in June and have lost 10lbs!!! I am now 164 and would love to get down to 150ish. I have not been exercising really, just walking A LOT at work (I take care of Alzheimer patients that keep me really active) so I usually just rest when I get home. I have been watching my portions and cutting back on butter/cream/sugar.
Great to hear that you ladies are doing well also. I will get back on the "monday morning" track.

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  5:25:03 PM  Show Profile
Ohhh, I'm so happy that you are all still with me! I was afraid that I was out here drifting alone. I should have know you guys were still there!

I am doing really well (lost 17lbs) and although I have a lot to go, I really feel like I am on track. W.W. is going great and I have been exercising my buns off, literally!

I don't know why I let myself get off track because I feel SOOOO much better when I am in control of my eating and exercise! What's with that anyway?

I'm thrilled that you are all doing well! Please keep us informed with your progress, it sure helps me!

Your diet buddy, Cindy
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  05:17:26 AM  Show Profile
How's everyone doing on their weight loss programs? I am curious as to what type of different diets are being used and if they think that they are working. Has anyone tried e-diets?

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  11:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am still trying to lose weight for my wedding in 2 weeks!! But I haven't bought a scale so I am not sure where I am at.

I used to do e-diets and I liked them. I just can't afford it right now. I like the eat lots of small meals through out the day plan. I have found it really boosts my metabolism, shrinks my stomache so when I do splurge- it's not by so much and I have lost weight well with that.

Alee
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  12:16:29 PM  Show Profile
I have not even heard of e-diets. I am LOVING TOPS and highly recomend it to anyone. We don't have a "diet" just watching waht you eat, drink LOTS of water and exercise. Has anyone out there tried TOPS? Keep up the good work ladies!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  12:41:16 PM  Show Profile
I started Weight Watchers last weekend. This is my third go-round with them. I have had good luck in the past - lost about 20-25 lbs each time, but for some reason, when I lose that much, I quit going. I don't know if its that I feel more comfortable so I slack off, or if I just get bored with going to the meetings. I hope I can hang in there this time - I have gained back all I lost + some.
Go to Top of Page

jcbtxstars
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julia C
Midland Texas
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  12:55:49 PM  Show Profile
I have started Weight Watchers again...this will be my third time...this time I will not go to the meeting...I am going to keep track of things on line...we will see how it goes. It will be cheaper for me this way...when I was attending the meeting before, I would have to leave work 30 minutes early every Monday and drive across town. I do feel much better when I am on WW...more energy and I really like it when my clothes fit properly...I keep 3 different sizes...I hate it now that the largest size is tight.
Miss Julia
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page