True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  3:41:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Shari-

It sounds like you are doing an awesome job already. I know one other thing that might help you out a bit. Go on a an ultra high fiber diet for a few days. Buy and eat a lot of dried plums (prunes), eat fiber cereal or whatever you feel comfortable doing. Sometimes if we don't eat a lot of fiber, there can be build up in our intenstinal tract. I have heard that this can be as much as an additional 10lbs, but I have experienced a drop of about 3lbs in a week due to this. It also helps you just feel better too. It really is quite amazing how much fiber we really need in our daily diet.

Speaking of all these healthy living plans- I need to go drink more water.

But I am down to 148! Yay! I am so happy! I have not been below 150 for about 5 years! It makes me just want to buckle down and do more!!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  06:07:41 AM  Show Profile
HI, EVERYONE.. I think I needs a new scale.... My scale is digital and this moring it posted 175, then 214 then 115....guess my grandkids have been weighing the dog again...Think I'll get a new one when I go out and keep it in my bedroom. dogs are not allowed in there,but I think Jessy likes to sleep on my bed when I am out..
I will be anxious to see what my true weight will be, none of those that showed up...but close give or take a pound or two.....

MARGIE

Chocolate makes my Heart 'sing"...

Edited by - newheart on Jun 23 2007 06:12:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  10:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I'll take the 115 weight!!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  10:31:10 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
HAHAHA I forgot again! I know it is no excuse but I have a lot on my plate right now (no pun intended!) - I will do it this coming Monday...promise! If I dont forget of course! ;0

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  9:30:08 PM  Show Profile
Diet teas Anyone???? Has anyone ever tried a diet tea? I'm just wondering if they really work since I see many advertised. If you use one that does help, what is the name?

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  2:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The only "Diet Tea" I have ever tried was Kombucha Tea. It is more of a cleansing tea, but I did feel really energized when I drank it and I did get out and move more. So in a way it was a diet tea :) Other than that, I don't know much about them. Have you tried them, Tina?

Alee

Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  3:27:05 PM  Show Profile
No, I haven't tried them but I keep seeing them advertised and was wondering if they were just a cleansing type of tea or something that actually helped. One of the teas that I keep seeing is Wu Long Tea so I was just wondering.

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  4:42:47 PM  Show Profile
Okay,weighed, up 2 lbs. That is okay, used dd scale, I think it is more accurate than mine. Took the bike out for 3 spins last week and walked. So eat less, exercise more.
Didn't come on overnight wont go away overnight!!!!

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  4:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Hey...I almost forgot to post again...I am such a dingbat these days! I didnt move a pound - which I guess is good if I didnt gain. But look what I got for an early birthday present - Happy Birthday to me!!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  5:00:39 PM  Show Profile
Way cool Susan

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  8:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Susan-
Awesome bike! Between you, me and Carol Sue- we will be the biking Farmgirls! LOL

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  5:19:57 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I'm a bit late on this weight thing but I'm hoping you all will let me join in. PLEASE! I joined W.W. last Friday because I had to do something. Hope you don't mind me hangin' around this thread. Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  5:21:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh!! I've got a bike! Does that help? Only if I promise to ride it right?
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  6:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cindy Lee- Of course you are invited! And break out that bike! They are such a good way to lose weight and so much fun too! Remember how much fun it was to ride a bike as a kid?

Since I am back home again I don't have access to a scale for a while so I am going to just have to post about how I feel and look instead.

Today I went for a walk with Nora and Sky-dog. I pushed the stroller and jogged a couple of blocks worth. We also walked up one of the steepest hills in Moscow and since it was like doing lunges just to walk up the hill, I just made my stride deeper to do lunges up the hill.

How are you all doing?

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  10:51:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Cindy,
Wow Alee that sounds like a hard work out.
Wanted to bike, life got in the way, tomorrow....

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  07:28:08 AM  Show Profile
Ok you guys, my weigh in at W.W. is actually on Friday and I don't want to be hoppin' on the scale all the time (because that is what I used to do) I will just give you my friday weight loss and that was 4#!! Now, I know it was mainly water and the fact that I just started a new diet but I will take it with a smile!!

I've been walking the dogs and riding my bike every morning and just plain getting moving. I feel SOOOO much better just knowing that I am doing something!

Alee, how nice that Nora gets to enjoy your workout too! That must a pretty good workout!

Can't wait to hear how you all did this week! Cindy PS Thanks for letting me join in.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  07:40:53 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh, I forgot to mention that I started water aeobics 3 days a week. I have old lady knees and have found that I just can't walk as far as I need to so working out in the water is really helping!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  3:35:51 PM  Show Profile
I am not stepping on the scales this week, this girl has not done so well. Need to get moving, didn't.
So starting to look in the mirror again, I accept myself unconditially right now!!! It is written on the mirror and I need to pay attention. When I accept myself, my thinking process changes.
Rome wasn't built in a day, and I sure didn't myself into this mess in a day. One step in a time and moving forward.
Good reminder to myself.....

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  06:24:53 AM  Show Profile
Its Tuesday morning and I just remember to post...I loss 3 lbs this week so far.. My TOPS group is not meeting this week since we meet on wednesday and it being 4th of JULY we are taking a break... Gotta keep moving this weight offffff....

Margie
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  10:35:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I haven't been around a scale for a while, but I am feeling pretty good about myself. I have been watching how I am eating, and overall I am doing really good! I need to start exercising and doing my pilates videos, but I can't do the pilates until I can get the living room clean! Grrr...

I am hoping to be able to start riding my bike soon- either alone or with Nora in a carriage. I just am feeling like I need to get the house cleaned up first.

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tpying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  1:22:44 PM  Show Profile
Margie....Good news! Well, even if you don't get a meeting in this week, you will be ready for next weeks! Keep up the good work girl!

Alee, hope the housework is finished and you are able to get a workout in. Nora would love to go I'm sure! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  6:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
Can anyone join in?? Please, lol. I usually weigh in at weight group on fridays but with school out, I missed last fridays. Hoping to get there this week. I have been working on losing 10-15 lbs. So I joined Jazzercise, I love it. The nice thing is, I can see the muscles developing. Some days I have gotten on the scale and gained, much to my dismay but have been told, muslce weighs more that fat, yeah, yeah, yeah, lol I ride a stationary bike too, my regular bike needs a bit of work and am hoping my hub bets it done so I can start riding it with my son. And I walk with my dogs, some days we do 4 miles.

pics from my world.. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/tra-dun/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  6:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the group Trace! Everyone is welcome to join in!

I haven't weighed myself yet this week, but I am feeling better. The housework still isn't completely done. Part of it is the heat and part of it was the house was in pretty bad shape. But now we are getting the various rooms around the house done so some of the clutter in the living room can go back where it belongs.

We won't be leaving the house for our pilates- but rather doing video tapes. I would love to go swimming, but not sure if it would be worth it to pay for a pass when school will be in session soon. Maybe I can get into a swimming class for school. I am sure I would see great results if I had to swim for a class! :)

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  11:36:34 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies
Remember me? LOL!!! It's been awhile since I've posted. I am still going to TOPS and find it very helpful. I have lost 4lbs since I last posted . I have been overindulging this week . PMS, is to blame. Oh well, I'll get back on track next week!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  12:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back Melanie! Congrats on the 4lbs! That is great!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page