JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  1:39:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi, there! Well, after a weekend of weeding my vegetable garden, I slept through the alarm Monday morning and didn't get to the pool. I did go today and weighed 171, so same as last week, but, like many, haven't gained. I am still "mentally" feeling good about eating the South Beach way and just have to remember when they say 20 peanuts for a snack, they mean 20 peanuts! And I have no idea how long it takes to develop muscle, but after all that pulling, bending, stooping, lifting in the garden, I am *hoping* that I've exchanged some fat for muscle... At least I'm feeling better in my clothes :-) Carry on, keep the faith and good luck, all! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 18 2007 :  10:02:48 AM  Show Profile
I had my Thursday WW weigh in yesterday and I lost 0.8 lbs even though I thought I had a bad week, so I feel relieved, even though 0.8 is practically nothing. I've now lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks and my ultimate goal is to get down to 130 again, which means that I have 43 lbs to go... I will say that I think WW can really work, but it depends how closely you are willing to stick with it and it's HARD. But losing weight the right way is hard no matter what and I'm trying to stay disciplined and not give up. You have to tell yourself that you are changing your habits for the rest of your life...

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 18 2007 :  1:16:36 PM  Show Profile
I've been on WW for 5 weeks now, and today I weighed in and had lost 2.2 lbs. That's 9 pounds so far! Happiness. I have found that the longer I am doing this, the more in the "mode" I am. I don't always think about what I'm eating, but I do think about whether or not I am moving enough. Walking has been the key for me, and making the effort to get those 10,000 steps a day has been a long, hard fight. I set the treadmill in the morning to 10,000 steps, then put on my pedometer and as I walk during the day, I subtract every 500 steps from the treadmill. Whatever is left by 7:00 at night, I walk off on my new best friend. Oh joy, oh rapture.

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  07:14:33 AM  Show Profile
i just noticed this thread today. i, too, am on the quest to lose a few pounds. i actually started just last week (after trying on the bathing suit) on a new plan to walk more each day and to cut out sugar. i bought myself a pedometer so i can make sure that i am walking 10000 steps a day (for some this is easy, but for one who is stitting at a desk most of the day-i have to make a special effort) as for the sugar, i am just cutting out sodas, sweet snacks, and desserts. around the office there is an endless supply of coca-cola and chocolate-not good for a girl trying to watch her figure! i only have a few pounds to lose and i need to tighten the tummy area after two kids, so i feel like with more walking and less sugar, i should be able to do it. i am on day 7 of this plan, and so far, so good. i don't have a scale, so i will just have to use the ol' measuring tape and mirror method to track my progress. i can already tell a difference in the what i call my "side fat". I am so glad that this seems to be working. i am the kind of person that if i don't see instant results, i give up. so i am going to keep on keeping on!

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  07:20:13 AM  Show Profile
I just weighed myself 177...up 3lbs....oh, well, I enjoyed all the food this week that caused me to gain thatweight. Judy...I just got the South Beach diet book from the library...sounds pretty good...will try next week ....Sarah, how do you find WW? I was thinking of joining that for several reasons....I need to be accountable to someone, and I have no friends...well, of course I have you girls, but I have none here near me...I have lived here for 4 years, still no friends, so I thought that maybe joining WW would help me many ways.

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  07:23:33 AM  Show Profile
*sigh* still 140. Okay, maybe there are other secret benefits other than that darn needle moving. But it would be nice if it budged a little. I've got look on the bright side. I am still making better choices. So, I'm sure I'm getting healthier, which is more important.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  08:54:48 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, I bet you can search for the nearest group on http://www.weightwatchers.com. I was lucky enough to be able to join a group at work and I did it for the accountability too. I've lost weight on my own before, but this time I couldn't seem to get started without some extra support. It was very eye opening to realize how much excess food I was eating without even thinking about it, and it's comforting to know that others go through the same struggles. Michelle, don't be discouraged if your scale is being stubborn. Remember to keep moving (and remember your mantra :).

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  09:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

I hope you are all having a wonderful start to your Monday morning. I am hoping to be able to swing by a scale sometime today as I run errands. I have been having to eat quite a few calories because of breastfeeding, but I am still hoping that I have been losing at least a little weight. I have been really careful lately to try and avoid the really bad foods, and it helps that we don't keep a lot of sweets on hand. :) I suppose I could always bake some sweets, but I haven't had the time, so that is good too I guess!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  1:12:54 PM  Show Profile
Hello, All! Well, I weighed in this morning and was 2 lbs lighter! Woo-hoo! I am renewing my attention to the diet particulars and hope that helps. As I said before, now that I can have grains and fruits, I tend to get sloppy on things.
Melanie, I think you will enjoy the book. What I would do is to look at the recipes and just copy down ones that sound good to me and like something I would actually cook for myself/my family. Also, I look at the suggested menus and never have really eaten an actual menu as they put it forth, but use it as a guideline for what I have - such as the amount of protein and vegetables. Then I make sure I am careful when I prepare my food not to use too much oil, etc. But when you read his philosophy behind how he came to write the book, it made sense to me, and to my family history of diabetes and heart problems which I am thankfully, still dodging.
Congratulations to all and keep up the good work!

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  8:51:08 PM  Show Profile
Not to sound like a broken record, but 140. And I was pretty awful over the weekend with my food choices (can't turn down good biscuits and gravy from a farm kitchen!) so, I guess I'm lucky it's not OVER!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  9:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Like quite a few of us this week, I'm lingering at the same weight this week - 136. And, like many of us, - I'm also very happy with the feeling and knowledge that I didn't gain any! I love that we can all encourage each other and bounce ideas that might help around, too. Here's to the lovely site of whatever we want to see (136, in my case!) on that scale next week!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  09:25:46 AM  Show Profile
I had my WW weigh in yesterday and this past week I lost 2.8! I'm still not too thrilled about being part of WW and being on a "diet" but it works, I swear. I've cut back a ton on portion sizes and snacks and my body is adjusting so I feel full more easily and have more will power to fight cravings. I was laughing so hard at my meeting because one of the ladies told a story about taking her daughter to get an ice cream cone and licking it just one time because it was dripping all over and making a mess. That one lick led to her own cone and then a second! It was nice to be able to share in the humor of our weaknesses and to know that it's okay and we'll just keep moving forward. I've lost 6.8 in four weeks and my goal is to be a lot lighter by my November trip to China (so I don't embarass myself on the Great Wall) and hopefully back into my old cute clothes by my 33rd birthday in March. It's so hard, but it's worth it.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  12:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sarah-

I just became extremely envious of you! Going to China! Wow! That is one of my dream vacations! I am completely and totally in love with Chinese history and I have even started to learn Mandarin Chinese. To say hello in Mandarin, you say "Knee-How!" or "Nin-How" if you want to be formal. And to say "how are you?" You say "Knee-How Ma?" or "Nin-How Ma?" So "Hello! How are you?" is literally "Knee-How! Knee-How Ma?" !

I hope you take tons and tons of pictures so I can visit China vicariously through you!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  1:11:39 PM  Show Profile
Alee, you made me laugh. My boyfriend and I have been taking a Chinese Language and Culture class for preparation and that's just about all we've learned! Chinese is so hard...every vowel has 4 different tones which can change the entire meaning of identical words. Another thing about China, women's size 8 clothing (US) is XXL over there and they don't make any larger sizes than that! Even more incentive to lose weight!

Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  09:43:10 AM  Show Profile
I didn't have the best week because it was my stepdad's birthday and we went out to one of my favorite restaurants for a fabulous meal. I had wine, salad with raspberry vinaigrette and real blue cheese, buttery rice pilaf, buttery green beans, chicken smothered with mushrooms, artichoke hearts and a lemony creamy sauce AND homemade ice cream for dessert. It was SO good and possibly even worth the .4 lbs that I gained at my weigh in. I know the kicker was that I didn't exercise at all during the whole week. I told myself it was kind of an experiment to see what I could "get away with." Guess what, I guess I can't "get away" with anything! I will try to do better this week.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  1:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sarah!

Chinese is hard to learn- but so interesting! It always amazes me how petite Chinese women are! I haven't been able to get in to weight myself lately, but I am pretty sure the scale won't have budged in my favor. I better get on this getting healthy thing! I only have 4 months until my wedding!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  1:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Okay, Okay...I am going to join this thread. I have put on weight since having gall bladder issues...I think mostly because bread doesnt hurt my tummy. I had lost 30 pounds about 2 years ago...kept it off until just recently. So here we go. I will weigh Monday morning. And actually admit the amount!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  06:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Okay...good grief...I forgot! Great start huh?

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  09:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Don't feel too bad Susan! I haven't been able to get down to the doctor's to weight myself for a long time! I know my mom has a scale so I will be able to do better while in Wyoming. Today is Friday- so lets both shoot to try and weigh in on Monday, ok?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  10:31:29 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Will do!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  10:38:20 AM  Show Profile
This week I lost 2.4 so I was able to make up for the small gain I had last week. I made myself walk more and I limited my portion sizes and all that fun stuff. Now I need to work on drinking more water because I tend to forget. I'm on week 7 and my total weight loss is 8.8. I don't see a difference in my appearance yet, but I feel good about my progress so far.

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  10:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
WOW good for you! Oh, I know I CAN do it...just will I???? ...eating for comfort...mom sick, husband gone...excuses, excuses!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  2:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sarah-

Great job! It sounds like you are off to a great start!

Susan- I guess we have a date with the scales for Monday then! :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  10:44:13 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I'm a rebel...it isn't Monday, but close! I lost a pound. One! I'm so happy. :) Here's the best part...I'm stronger, have more stamina, and I'm sleeping so well. I give credit to my new weed-pulling workout. Walking, bending and pulling 15 acres for a few hours every couple of days is paying off in so many ways. Helps me clear my stress issues too. 140 to 139 is such a minor part of what has happened. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  2:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Michelle- Congrats! That is one the weights I get "stuck" at! Maybe I need to spend more time walking around gardening!

Alee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page