True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  08:06:27 AM  Show Profile
Morning all...guess how much today?
139 lb. As usual....maybe this brand new scale is broken?

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  3:31:57 PM  Show Profile
Monday, May 7 From 173 to 169 --- quite sure that was water retention as I mentioned earlier and especially given the week I just had!

I've learned that it takes as much time and energy to wish as it does to plan.

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  3:45:12 PM  Show Profile
I had to start over. I should have used my own scale to start with. I reset my scale to match what the Dr's said. 140. But, I feel much better, and less tired at the end of the day. Easier to get excersize when the weather is so nice. Got to say, a little positive peer pressure saved me from some calorie splurges last week. Thanks!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  5:55:59 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to weigh today so I will weigh in the morning.

My goal for last week was trying to NOT go back for seconds when we eat. I did really well with that. However I did go to a wedding out of town so we had to eat out all weekend. Hope it wasn't too much damage! But I only had one piece of cake. HEHEHe!

My goal for this week is to cut back on my sugar intake. For some reason I have been on this orange soda kick lately and I usually don't even like soda. I got one on a fluke about two weeks ago and I cant seem to get enough. So My goal is NO soda and no candy. I am going to allow myself to have a little bit of chocolate fondue at the teacher appreciation banquet at my school on Thursday though! Everything in MODERATION, right?

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  6:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Julie-

I know it isn't the same as soda- but how about some orange juice with some soda water? It gives the juice that little bit of carbonation but doesn't add anything. Or make an orange julius with orange juice concentrate, milk, a little sugar, and some vanilla extract. Sometimes we just need a little treat :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

juliet79
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Heather
Worland Wyoming
USA
112 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  9:07:39 PM  Show Profile
147. I got married 8 years ago and was 115. Three kids later I'm about 25-30 pounds overweight. Plan. Eat.
Result. Stay the same! Catch 22. I am tired (because of weight), so it's hard to find the energy to work out even though I know if I go workout I'll lose weight. So, does that mean a month or so of constant fatigue to get some energy? How did this happen?

That's how I feel about that! Period.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  9:26:55 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I have that arguement too. I am working small amounts of excersize in, and it is adding up to me having more energy again. I know it is hard. 10 min. walk, 15 min. walk...just one more short moment of fresh air and movement for the sake of some "me time" will improve the way you feel. I know it sounds so cliche, but small bits at a time are easier to do and keep doing. Maybe you and I can encourage each other...I'm positive now, but I know I'll get frustrated and have to work through it again.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  11:28:00 PM  Show Profile
135. At least I lost the pound that I gained last week. I just love how we are all working through this together - Heather, my story is almost EXACTLY the same as yours! I'm not sure the ages of your young 'uns, or what your schedule is, but I'm borrowing a double jogging stroller (I get to start using it tomorrow, hopefully!), and I'm planning to put the kids in it and go for a long walk after lunch almost every day. That said, I am SO familiar with being exhausted because...well, because of lots of stuff...but Michelle's advice is so good - a bit at a time, and WE CAN DO THIS!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  06:08:59 AM  Show Profile
Jonni- I just read through all of the past posts and saw yours about being in Cinci!! Oh my gosh- I was there Tuesday! In fact, I walked all around Eden Park that day. I wish I had known. I left on Thursday (snuck in an extra day with Sis) and make the long trek home. But, I have to say that I loved being there. So nice. Next time I go back, I'll let you know and maybe we can get together!!
All of that walking only gave me a .2 lb. loss last week. The lovely girls at WW said I am now building muscle, and it weighs more. But, it was a loss and I'll take it!!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  06:43:37 AM  Show Profile
It was really ironic reading your post! So funny that you were up here from GA, and my Aunt and Uncle from GA, too, and that we were all in Eden Park on Tuesday! Glad you got to walk there... It's really lovely, and has some great hills!!! Next time you come up, please do let me know and we can have brunch or something!

Where is Ellenwood in relation to the Atlanta area? My Aunt and Uncle are from Lithonia, which is a suburb area of Atlanta.

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  07:39:25 AM  Show Profile
Your aunt and uncle are a hop, skip and a jump from me! Lithonia is just north of Ellenwood, up Panola Road. I can get there from here in about 20 minutes. :) If you ever come visit them, let me know!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  12:18:44 PM  Show Profile
I was 187.2 this morning. I lost almost a whole pound! YEAH!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  1:50:58 PM  Show Profile
Congrats, Julie! A lb is a lb.

Losing is SOMETIMES really cool

Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  09:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Yay, girls, good job so far! My 2nd WW weigh in is tomorrow and I'm a little apprehensive because even though I stuck to my points, I didn't do any extra exercise. I will say that the first week was hard and I felt hungry and grouchy all the time. I have enough extra stored up to last about a month though so I knew it wasn't true hunger, just the habit of eating too much, too often. This week hasn't been so bad, which makes me wonder if I'm not trying hard enough? I agree about the energy drain, if you force yourself to exercise regularly, even a little bit, the energy will start coming back. Also, a multi-vitamin is highly recommended by WW, and for me personally, B vitamins really help.

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  09:47:24 AM  Show Profile
I neglected to report in on Monday. I have lost another 3 lbs and now I am into the Second Phase of the South Beach diet, where you start adding back in whole grains and fruit and some other vegetables. This is the part where it gets harder for me, because I have to be really strict on myself or it is easy for me to slide...I still have 17 to go. Congratulations to all who are making progress. I also have to keep telling myself, "I didn't gain it all overnight, so it isn't going to come off overnight..." Cheers, all! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  2:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay ladies!

I had to go to the doctor today because I thought I had strep throat. At the doctor I weighed 156, but I think that scale is different from the other one I was using. I don't feel or look like I have gained 3 lbs! Who knows!

I am to sick to go walking. I just want to lay on the couch and nap.

Congrats to everyone who is dropping some weight! I am so happy for all of you!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  07:45:45 AM  Show Profile
Okay - here we go. Monday, May 14, 2007

Stayed the same: 169 I know exactly what I need to do - replace the soda with water. But it's going to be very difficult. It's a combination of the caffeine boost, the sugar taste and the ingrained habit of stopping by the convenience store, getting my soda and saying "hi" to the girls! They even give me my refills for free, for pete's sake, so I can't say that I would be saving any money!

I am strong.....I can do this....but is my family strong enough to tolerate me during my withdrawal phase????

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  08:42:55 AM  Show Profile
Hrrmph. Two days ago I weighed 133 and now I'm back up to 136. Can one retain 3 lbs. of water in a couple of days?!?!?!? It's GOT to be that, right?!?!?!

So, Sandy - if it's social fun, also, as well as the soda, what about trying a nice sparkling water with a lemon twist or something??? No caffeine (darn it!), but it's pretty, tasty and fun to drink?!?!

XOXO, Libbie

In honor of Mother's Day, "If it's not one thing, it's your mother...
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  11:25:59 AM  Show Profile
The same. 139. This is the "week", and I'm retaining some water...hardly ate all weekend because I was so busy.

I'm a little dissolusioned with the gym, and I'm feeling pretty lousy (sinus infection) so I haven't been in a few days. I was SO gung ho about the gym a few weeks ago, and now I just feel....blah.

I'll try to go on Wednesday and see what happens...

Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  11:48:38 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Libbie, I think it IS psssible to retain that much water. Especially in the warmer months. I can't wear my rings in the summer time, and there are some days when pants that normally fit just won't go around.

I'm trying a new drink - the Arnold Palmer. It's half orange juice and half tea. I make decaf tea, so that should be okay. I really should cut out the caffeine to help calcium absorption anyway.

To distract my mind, I decided to dye some fabric for a quilt project. Hard to think about soda when I'm focused on not spilling dye on the kitchen floor!!

Jonni - I can "hear" the discouragement in your messages and I'm sorry this is so difficult for you. I've always read that our bodies have a setpoint at which either is the most healthy or most comfortable. Perhaps where you are now is at or near your natural setpoint and that your dancing days required a weight that was not natural for your metabolism. My interest in gyms waxes and wanes -- although I do have to admit that since I haven't been going, I've noticed that I'm not as "strong" or flexible. It's okay to feel "blah" sometimes....in fact, it's downright necessary. If we didn't have our "blah" days, how would we appreciate our really good days?

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  12:33:26 PM  Show Profile
I guess it is pretty obvious, huh Thanks, Sandy...I do understand what you're saying, and it has occurred to me that this might just be where I'm supposed to be. In talking to my mom over the weekend, I'm exactly the size she was in her 30's, even down to bra size! It's just a weird place for me, especially when I set my mind to do something and it just doesn't happen.

I actually talked with a "trainer" at the gym last week who made me feel pretty bad about myself...he asked me my BMI and I told him (22) and he said, "you're at your limit--that's it" and "we need to start with you at the table...garbage in, garbage out." Like I'm some kind of pig. It really was discouraging, and after I left, I thought, why did you let him say those things to you?

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  07:05:26 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, that trainer's comment says it all about him, and not you. He must have had verbal garbage in, so verbal garbage comes out. He certainly could have thought of a better way to express his idea with out alienating you. I hope you can look past the sting. Of course, I don't know your situation, but maybe what he meant to say kindly will help?

By the way, I still way the same as the last two weeks. On the upside, I haven't gained! Also, I have more energy in the mornings and now wake up before my alarm clock. So these benefits make me feel better anyway.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  07:09:35 AM  Show Profile
way? weigh. Maybe I'm not as awake as I thought... :)
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  07:26:01 AM  Show Profile
Good job girls. I too haven't gained or lost (still 174) but I find myself "bingeing" less and drinking water more

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  5:20:23 PM  Show Profile
Numbers aside, I think these little personal successes...progress in the way we think about food and about ourselves is just mah-velous! Baby steps....slow and steady wins the race! Think turtle - but don't go through life with your head tucked inside. Gotta stick that neck out once in a while! ;-)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page