ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  08:22:16 AM  Show Profile
For those of us trying to commit to losing a few pounds, I thought I would start this thread so our weigh-ins wouldn't get lost with all the recipes and helpful hints. So here goes:

Monday morning - April 30 - 173 lbs
which I find totally confusing since two weeks ago at the doctor's I was 168. I'm going to attribute this to water retention and different scales!

I've learned that it takes as much time and energy to wish as it does to plan.

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  08:40:04 AM  Show Profile
My weigh ins are on Thursday with WW. My first meeting was last week and I weighed 177, the most I have ever weighed in my life :( I'll post again after my meeting on Thurs. I've been trying to stick to the points system, but it's not as easy as it sounds...

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  1:06:25 PM  Show Profile
I weighed in at the Y this morning, where I go to swim on Mon-Wed-Fri. Last Monday I was 179; today I was 174 - so down 5 lbs!!! Woo-hoo! I might get to keep those summer clothes in my closet after all! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  1:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Judy!!! Me. ....I am the same 174lbs...didn't loose, but, hey, I didn't gain (LOL!!!)

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  3:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Good idea! I weighed after school today. 188 (YUCK!)

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  4:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Can I join here? First, great idea. Nothing like a support crew to keep motivated. Second, I still have 20 lb of baby weight, and it has been 6 years. Last week at the Dr. I was 140.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  6:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies-

I have been pretty glued to the house today with Nora and my mother-in-law-to-be coming tomorrow. (must clean!) So I haven't weighed in yet. I will probably be taking Nora in to be weighed either tomorrow or Wednesday so I will weigh myself then.

Sandy- Thanks for starting a weigh-in thread! Such a great idea!

Michelle- Everyone is welcome!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  8:58:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi, there, gals! I know it's late Monday night, but, here we go:

Monday, April 30 - 136

Ugh. I gained a pound. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!?!?! Was it the cake? The french toast? Geez - I think I need to pay closer attention next week to the "bread group."

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  04:54:01 AM  Show Profile
Bread...what a wicked thing !!! :) It's a hard thing to do with out

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  07:22:11 AM  Show Profile
Goal: More walking. Fewer carbs. More veggies. Ride vintage tandem bike with DH. Minimize stress. Breathe.

I have an image of the little red engine that could...I think I can, I think I can... :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  08:15:36 AM  Show Profile
I can make all of you feel much better- last week when I weighed in at WW I was at 211. But, I am down 4 lbs. and have been very, very careful with what I have been eating while here at my sister's house. Moving her back to Cincinnati has helped. Too busy to eat. :) I also just came back from an hour and a half walk down to Eden Park. Yikes!! When I get home it's back to WW and a Friday morning weigh in. Wish me luck!!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  09:58:36 AM  Show Profile
Keep up the good work Karin. 4lbs!!! Hooray for you!!

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  5:37:01 PM  Show Profile
Great, girls! Nice to know I'm not the only one out there stepping on a scale. I joined a gym a month and half ago, and I've been really watching what I eat--though I'm certainly more toned, I'm still 140 lbs. Like everyday. Every am when I weigh in, every night, too.

Very frustrating. I keep hoping, though :)

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  7:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Jonni - remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so you may be replacing fat with toned muscle. We should remember to pay at least as much attention to how we feel (fit or fat) and body condition. How are your clothes fitting after your month and a half at the gym?

I've learned that it takes as much time and energy to wish as it does to plan.

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  1:51:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Sandy...I "feel" energized, and more confident, but then let down when I look at the scale. Makes me feel like I'm imagining things. A pair of pants that I bought a few weeks back are too big in the rear now (thank you glute machine that I absolutely detest :)) so I guess I'm losing inches (?) I don't know...I see a difference in my face, but I have to be honest, being trained as a classical dancer didn't help my "scale addiction" any--the proof is in the pudding. If I don't see a retraction on the scale, then I feel like I'm not doing anything. I want to lose lbs., too. Can I while going to a gym, or am I going to always "weigh" the same. I'd like to be at about 115 or so.

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  1:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Don't forget to drink that water ladies. As we replace fat with muscle and/or lose weight, our bodies have a lot more toxins to deal with. Also if we aren't drinking enough water, our bodies retain water more and we can actually have a few extra "phantom" pounds.

I still haven't had a chance to go get weighted- Having company and a baby takes more time than I ever imagined! What did I ever do with my time before Nora?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  1:54:58 PM  Show Profile
Hey Karin! Are you still in Cincy? Oddly enough, my aunt and uncle are also here from Georgia, and I took them through Eden Park on Tuesday night, while showing them around town!

Have fun a walkin'!!!

Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  10:12:40 PM  Show Profile
I have conflicted feelings about losing weight because I believe everyone should be able to be comfortable in their own skin, loved, and appreciated no matter how they look. I'm at a point where I'm not comfortable in my own skin and am worried about my future health. I'm willing to make some sacrifices to get to my goal, but I must admit I spent a lot of time being hungry and grouchy about it this week! I'm gonna stick with it though, because I remember how good it used to feel to be fit and able to fit in all my cute clothes :) Today was my first WW weigh in. I tracked all my points and was very strict throughout the week. I lost 2.2 lbs. My favorite snack this week was ice cold papaya chunks. For an afternoon pick me up I recommend a packet of Emergen-C mixed in lots of water. There's no caffeine so I guess it's all those B vitamins...

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  05:57:40 AM  Show Profile
Sarah, I know what you mean about the conflicted feelings. I know I am not overweight and I know that I am a beautiful on the inside as well as the outside, BUT I am now a size 13 (174lbs) and have never been this size before (usually around size 1o-11 150lbs). I am conflicted because I think that it shouldn't matter what size I am....dear husband doesn't care what size I
am as long as I am happy and I guess that is the point....I am not happy at the size that I am. I don't know about you ladies, as I can only speak fro myself, but I feel so good when I can fit into something that I haven't worn in a while...I'll keep trying

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  06:20:47 AM  Show Profile
My background with weight is a little weird. I don't have a full length mirror in my house to this day....I use the storm door if I want to see how something looks. If I get in front of a mirror, I'll pick myself apart and never leave my house. I was a classically trained ballet dancer, and back then, I either a) never ate, or b) ate too much and had a "crisis". Now, I'm not totally unhappy with the way I look, but I'm not totally satisfied, either. I don't believe in fad diets, just eating healthily, but that keeps me the weight I've been for some time...When I met my husband 7 years ago, I was at 111....that's too skinny for me (because I also have a chest), but BOY did I look good in my jeans (BUT my chin looked like a little goat's chin). Now I'm 139 lbs and between a size 6-8. That's not horrible, but I feel....slow. Slowed down, and tired often. Too much weight for a 5 ft. 3 frame to carry around, and I already have arthritis from dancing, so I should think of my "future joints". I have to believe also, that my bc pills contribute to my weight gain. I gained these 25 or so lbs as soon as we got married and I started taking the pill again.
I had this conversation with dh last night, about how disatisfied I am with the results of my gym experience, and he said I never looked bad to him, but now I look toned. He hasn't noticed any major wieght loss (nor have I ), but he said he never thought I was heavy to begin with. Sweet, honest, but I'm the one who has to be happy, really, right?

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  10:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jonni-

I think that you have to be happy with your own body, and if you want to lose a few pounds then that is your decision- but I think you sound beautiful just the way you are! I haven't been a size 6-8 since sophomore year of high school! Not that I was fat or anything, I played Soccer all through high school. I am only 5'0. Sometimes it is hard on shorter people because it is rare that store bought clothes actually fit properly.

Can I ask- do you take vitamins and supplements? Perhaps upping your vitamin B intake would help give you some of your energy back? *hugs*

Alee
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  10:48:28 AM  Show Profile
I understand totally about being comfortable in one's own skin. That being said, I have health issues to contend with also, and that is the main reason I am trying to get back to a healthy eating plan. I have diabetes on both sides of my family (and want to avoid that), and my father died from complications of diabetes and heart problems. I am divorced and don't expect I will ever marry again, so it is up to me to take care of my house and garden (which I love doing) and I can't do that if I am sick or lame from health problems. That is my overarching impetus to get fit and stay fit - and to live as long and healthily as I can. I think we all just have to be conscious of what we're doing and why we're doing it and then make our decisions. I know I am a stress eater, and that being the case, I just have to come up with some YUMMY snacks I can eat (like hummus -which I love- and veggies instead of chips, or the "good" chocolate (in moderation - is that even possible?!? *grin*) and just do the best I can with exercise. I also have scoliosis, so any extra weight I have on the middle directly impacts my lower back and aggravates that area - so all these "head" reasons to get fit, now, just doing it and sticking with it. I can't allow myself to lose a few pounds and get lazy...that is what usually happens. Well, good luck to all! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  12:37:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Alee. You're very kind...I really would like to lose about 10 lbs. Not necessarily sizes, really. It is harder for shorter people, because the weight distributes itself in different places...being a "petite" woman really bites, frankly. Most petite women have curves, and that's where the "stuff" lands! When I was dancing, my partner, a very slender male would say (when I ate a sweet or something bad for me) "might as well just go on and wipe that on your hips, Jonni, because that's where it's going to be tommorrow!" I hate it, but it rings true (for me). My husband weighs less than I do, and that's a real source of contention for me. He hopped on the scale a couple of days ago and said, "Ha! 136 lbs. I haven't gained ANY weight since last year!" And he eats cheetos for breakfast, and king dons, and grrrr-it's just really frustrating, so I'm not going to write about HIS dietary habits anymore.

I also don't take any vitamins...I'm just not good at keeping up with them!! I buy them and buy them, take them for a couple of days and then promptly forget about them. Right now, on top of the microwave is a some nature made pack for women and vitamin c. I think they've been there for about a year and a half.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  3:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jonni- LOL I know _exactly_ what you mean!

Have you seen that commercial on TV? It has two stick figure people. One is a overweight guy and one is an overweight woman? The woman says "My husband stopped drinking soda and lost 12 lbs. I stopped drinking soda and lost 1!" and it goes on until she finally says "Stop it! What do you want to do? Weight 0?" and the stick figure guy is just grinning his head off.

Guys somehow just seem to lose the weight easier and faster than us. And I know exactly what you mean about the different areas that weight likes to settle! I think I could be a size smaller in jeans if my rear wasn't so cushy! LOL

Oh well. I just want to get healthy again. :) Us short women have to stick together, eh?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  12:17:46 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely!
Maybe we can be each other's coach...little curvy women unite!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  08:53:12 AM  Show Profile
Love, love, support. I just wish I could do more to help the gals who sound so frustrated. I'm sure pulling for all of you to feel better. I'm trying to focus on the weight loss as a by-product of taking time to be better to myself.

The best results are invisible. Please don't forget that. No matter how much each of us has as a goal, we all will end up with more stamina, more energy, more positive energy in our lives, healthier hearts (heart disease really gets women), healthier bones and muscles (who wants to break a hip at 70?).

The weight is just the only really measurable part of all the awesome things we are doing for ourselves. (I know, words...but I keep saying this to myself too, and it helps work through the self-critical thinking.) Mantra!

Sending a supporting hug to each of us.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page