Page: of 16

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  08:30:07 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Ok, I'll jump in I have gone organic in the last few weeks and started water exercises and walking. I had gained 7 lbs in 7 days and managed to get it off but I got on the scale yesterday (Monday) and weighted the most ever, 170! I know I have an issue here with some allergies to food as well as the pollen allergy I just developed (big time). I have not exercised since Friday as my pollen allergies are so bad right now. I'll try again today. I would like to be at least down to 145. I wish you all luck.

Find your joy and live it.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  12:59:19 PM  Show Profile
welcome Karen and hope you join us often!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  1:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Karen! So glad you could join us! I went organic (and vegatarian) about 1 1/2 years ago and I feel SOOOO much better! You will be amazed at how great your skin will look too! Y

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  1:59:32 PM  Show Profile
Opps, I don't know how I managed that little boo-boo! Anyway, as I was saying...You will get all kinds of help from all us gals here and we WILL get to our goal weight! I want to be at 145 too and with summer and nice weather here, we will all be able to get out and move around and shed these extra pounds quickly!
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  06:30:04 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to join all of you! I currently weigh 146 and would like to be 135-140 lbs. I walk for exercise and do workout dvd's at home for strength training. But I also like desserts so it's been a little tough to see the scale move in the right direction!

Kim

Farmgirl Sister #184

"Normal" is just a setting on a washing machine....
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  08:55:04 AM  Show Profile
Kim, you and I are very near each other...I'm 5 foot 4 and weigh 139...I'd like to get down to 120 or so, but at 34 I don't know if that's a possibility or not! I'm not 25 anymore...

I weighed in again this am (138...still) and have been drinking my water (Blech!) and eating lowfat/high fiber lunches. Seems like dinner's have been good for me, too, but I'd like to see more of a difference on the scale each week.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  09:24:19 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by KYgurlsrbest

Kim, you and I are very near each other...I'm 5 foot 4 and weigh 139...I'd like to get down to 120 or so, but at 34 I don't know if that's a possibility or not! I'm not 25 anymore...

I weighed in again this am (138...still) and have been drinking my water (Blech!) and eating lowfat/high fiber lunches. Seems like dinner's have been good for me, too, but I'd like to see more of a difference on the scale each week.

We are very close in size! I'm 5'4 too and if I could get back to 135 I'd be very happy. I'm 51 and I'm amazed at how much longer it takes to lose weight and get more muscle.

I've been doing the water/fiber thing too but the weight doesn't seem to be budging!

Kim

Farmgirl Sister #184

"Normal" is just a setting on a washing machine....
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  11:15:01 AM  Show Profile
When I first met my husband, Kim, I was at 111, that was 8 years ago, but then I got on bc pills after we married and I think that's where everything went a-rye...well, that and I love to cook. I joined a gym last year and ended up losing a little weight, but mostly just getting better "chest" muscles, arms and legs. It's not bad to have those things, but I seemed to maintain a similar weight, even with all the exercising and lower fat eating. So, dunno....maybe it's that whole metabolism thing they talk about! I use my mom as an example that it's possible, though, Kim.

When I was a senior in high school, at 5 foot 2, she weighed 148 and wore a size 10/12. The year I graduated, she joined weight watchers and lost 44 lbs and has kept it off all these years. She might weigh 108 now, but she's like a little bird and eats healthily, to boot.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  06:54:16 AM  Show Profile
I would love to have your Mom's metabolism for sure!

Kim

Farmgirl #184

http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  05:56:06 AM  Show Profile
Bumping this up!

I'd gained back 5 of the 30 pounds I lost but I just stepped on the scale after awhile of not checking and found out I've lost that 5 and another 5 so I'm feeling good! It's been a rough summer with the good ice cream shops opening, there's a tasty custard shop near my sister's which is where I stay when I'm off from work. (I stay at my sister's, not the custard shop...lol) I have been trying to get the frozen yougurt when they've got a flavor I like, ordering smalls and really savoring the flavor instead of just gobbling it down. Can you tell, ice cream is a weakness for me...lol

How are all you ladies doing?

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  07:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Glad you bumped this Elizabeth! I found out the scale I had been using all spring had been uhm...very kind by shaving off 10lbs!

So my starting weight was 178 and I am down t 174.2. Not a great loss but at least I am losing again. This week I am going to really focus on water. I am feeling like my body really needs to flush itself and I know I have been drinking more lemonade and soda than I should!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  9:08:41 PM  Show Profile
Ok ladies, I could hardly wait to get on here and tell you that I finally got to my goal weight at W.W.!! Yep, it took me a whole year but I did it. I lost 70 lbs. and I don't mind telling you that I feel amazing! I do think I would like to lose another pound or two but I don't care if that takes me the rest of the summer to accomplish that.

Do you guys think that 70 lbs makes me the "Farmgirl biggest loser"? I don't know for sure but I bet it's a pretty safe bet!

For anyone needing a diet buddy, let me know, I'd love to help you out. If I can do it, you KNOW you can do it!!!! Keep up the good work and thanks for letting me brag a little, I did work pretty hard to get where I am!
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  07:32:47 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, I am so proud of you! Brag all you want, you diserve to! I would love to have you as a diet buddy and having made it as far as you have I am sure you've got some great tips and would be a great support. Congratulations to you!

www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  07:42:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh Cindy WAY TO GO!!! I am so very proud of you and you are so very AWESOME!! congradulations Big hugs, Mel

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  8:27:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey I haven't contributed to this before, although I could lose a few pounds, but wanted to say congratulations Cindy, what a huge success!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  07:31:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks guys.........I knew you would all understand, you have been around the whole year it took me to get it done. It was hard work but WELL worth the effort! My husband REALLY thinks it was worth it! LOL! I will email you Elizabeth and we can talk!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  09:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cindy- You are awesome and such an inspiration! Keep up the great work and tell us how you did it!

This morning I was still at 174, but I think I am dehydrated and so am holding on to some water weight. I am going to concentrate on drinking water today. I'll weigh in again tomorrow and see if that helps. Plus I am going to start doing some sort of work out. Even if it is just doing crunches and push ups!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  06:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Hi, farm ladies, I too have been struggling with my weight these last two years, as I am 'semi retired'. That 'semi retired' my muscles! So I want to unretire them and I have been working on eating organically and with my 'new allergies' in mind. I am down 8 lbs to 159. I flucuate up and down a few lbs every other day and can't stay below 160. I am currently working on the Suzanne Somers diet as it is really close to how I eat anyway, however, no meat allowed as I am allergic to all types of meat. I am ready to be healthy and fit!!! I'll keep checking in as it will motivate me more! Good health to everyone!

Find your joy and live it.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  7:54:20 PM  Show Profile
good luck Karen!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  08:18:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning Ladies!

Okay- starting weight 178

Last Week- 174

This morning- 171! Woo Hoo! 3 pounds in a week! (okay it was probably the hair cut...but...)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  6:23:17 PM  Show Profile
I was just reading my old weight watcher magazines and "trying" to get motivated.....trying being the key word

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  10:38:12 PM  Show Profile
Alee, Good for you! Three pounds in one week is about all anyone can hope for! Hair cut or not, you did a great job! Melanie, Don't you love the success stories? That's my favorite part, I do hope you found your motivation!!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  4:29:24 PM  Show Profile
Sandy:
Good luck to you. I lost 50 pounds 8 years ago by just cutting out sugar. I walked 40 minutes 5 times a week.
Keep us posted.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  08:17:26 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, I emailed you back but haven't heard from you. Did you receive my email?

www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  09:36:56 AM  Show Profile
God afternoon ladies
Cindy I sent out a wee package for you as a "WELL DONE< HOORAY YOU DID IT" gift. hope you like it!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page