Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  05:26:57 AM  Show Profile
Well I forgot to weigh yesterday so this is my Tuesday morning weigh in. I have to admit I struggled a bit last week. I've been stressing quite a bit and ate several things that really I shouldn't have. But even with the setbacks I was able to lose 4 lbs this week. I realize it was probably fluid mostly, but it's a start.

I think one of my biggest problems is that I turn to food for comfort when things are not going well or how I think they should go. I caught myself going to the snack box at work, getting something, not really enjoying what I was having, and then afterwards feeling guilty about it. I need to do something else (like going for a walk or something) when I start to feel stressed.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Lainey on Apr 01 2008 05:28:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

HappyCat
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

kim
pataskala ohio
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  10:56:08 AM  Show Profile
Up and down- l want to get to 125, but can't seem to get to 135! l was as low as 138 and then bounced back up to 151!! The most l've ever weighed. l even had to buy new pants because none of the ones l had fit any more : (
l've gotten back down to 147 and have choosen yard work on the weekends mixed with some gym time after work. Anyone have tips on exercises to do at home in the am? Or good routines they've tried? l'm always looking for something that doesn't feel like work- l used to love organized sports because you never knew you were exercising- you were just playing a game and having a great time! Thanks for the encouragement and sharing all of your challenges.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  06:04:36 AM  Show Profile
Hmmmm, exercise....let me see....I have to be honest, I do not exercise. I walk 1-2 days a week. I am fortunate to have a job that has me walking non-stop (I work with Alzheimer patients) Waht works for me is that I would rather watch my protions and eat better than exercise.
I do cheat, of course I do. Monday after weigh in at TOPS I ate an entire huge bag of sour cream and bacon chips. I enjoyed every bit of them and now I will watch my snacks for the rest of the week. I find one thing very helpful. Almost every day , I have a big salad with a tin of small tuna on it. The salad consists of greens, tomato, carrots, cabbage and what ever else is in the fridge...no cheese...no dressing. For anyone following the Weight Watcher points, you know that a salad with just veggies is 0 points. the tuna is used for protein and I don't use any dressing this way as the tuna is very flavourful.
for breakfast I usually have a big banana with peanut butter spread on it. peanut butter is soooo yummy and great protein.
For supper i usually have whatever everyone else is having, but since Iam the one that cooks the meals, I try to make them healthy and intersetinga nd then I have a smaller portion.
Kim (happycat) you can do it and we will be here to help you.

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  04:45:52 AM  Show Profile
good monday morning everyone! How is evryone today? How was your week? Me, well, I got the flu and felt like garbage. I started to fell better by Saturday and yesterday, my husband, my exchange student and I went on a two hour walk. It was such a great day! WE took pictures of icebergs in the ocean!
I weigh in tonight at TOPS soI'll know later how I did.
HAve a great day!

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  08:27:40 AM  Show Profile
I only lost 1 lb this week but again I ate some things I shouldn't have. I've got a appt. with my Dr. this afternoon... diabetes check up. I'm going to ask him a few questions about which plan might be good for me.

Farmgirl Sister #25

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  08:49:42 AM  Show Profile
Alright, girls...I'm going to start with you all, if that's alright. I got really discouraged last year about my weight and joined a gym. It was good for a while, and then I got busy with the holidays and stopped going. I'm still where I was then, weightwise, so that's good, but I'm feeling lethargic and without energy, and this is the season where I need the most energy!!!! So, today, I weighed in at 139....hoping to lose about 15 lbs really. I went to the grocery over the weekend and bought some good things, and also Mary Jane's Farm products should be coming shortly.

Maybe, in addition to the weigh in, we could list our "menu" for the day, to encourage one another?

Breakfast; 2 organic wheatabix, fresh blueberries(frozen-picked in the summer), 1/2 cup whole milk.

Lunch: Lean Cuisine and manadrin oranges...

afternoon snack: strawberry fruitabu

Dinner: Grilled chicken, pesto and penne pasta (Barilla plus)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  10:58:20 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jonni that's cool, glad you are doing it too. It's encouraging doing it together I think. I had grilled chicken, pesto and penne pasta last night. It must be the time of year for it. Hubby made the pesto and added butter beans to it. I would have never thought of that, but it was really good!

For today:

I had some cheddar cheese and a few crackers after my insulin shot this morning.

I'm doing a mini-fast as they will take blood at the docs today.

For supper I might have left-overs if hubby left any or we will grill out--hamburgers probably and some baked beans.

Farmgirl Sister #25

Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  05:14:06 AM  Show Profile
Well I am back from Vacation and lost 8 pounds, How I do not know, other than I followed WW points to the "T" ate fish or seafood 4 nights and ham only once, walked my legs off and got in a "sliding river or something at the Resort. I saw women doing water exercises one morning there so thought I'd try it too.Lots of fun but needed Tylenol alot in the mornings...

So are we going to list our menus or is it a matter of choice.. Half the time I can't remember what I had unless I write it down asap.....

Tuesday:morn 1oz cheese, 1 slice wheat-nut bread, 4ozs peaches, 6ozs yogurt, coffee, rest of the day a blurr right now...and it's only 8;16am...

margie

There is a time for every season....
and a reason to believe

Edited by - newheart on Apr 08 2008 05:32:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  08:21:02 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Margie, that is great and especially to lose it on vacation!

Well, my doctor straightened me out on my meds. We had a small problem with insurance the past few months and I didn't have any meds (other than insulin) for my diabetes. He was really upset and told me if that ever happens again to come and see him and we would work something out. My doctor is a gem!

Since my last visit to him I had lost 18 lbs. I had lost more than that but after the holidays I ate more than I should have.

Today for breakfast I had oatmeal with cinnamon. For lunch probably more cheese and crackers and a banana.

For supper maybe we will grill out since we didn't yesterday.

Farmgirl Sister #25

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  08:22:05 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Margie!
You don't have to, Margie...I just posted what I ate because, frankly, it's easier for me to keep track of the items when I see it "in front of me". It holds me more accountable for whatever reason. If I don't see it, then I end up doubling up my "carbs" like bread for two meals, or what have you. Just makes me more conscious on the whole.

Tues: Vanilla Stonyfield farm low fat yogurt, one cup of coffee, light cream
lunch: Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash ravioli
Dinner: Grilled Chicken, pesto and penne pasta (last night we ended up having something different--Baked Chicken with herbs De Provence and garlic dry rub, homemade potato pancakes with light sour cream and apple sauce and steamed green beans with lemon zest.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  1:49:46 PM  Show Profile
Ok, it's plain to see that I still eat a LOT more than any of you girls! I do stay within my points for W.W. but I must get the most bang for my buck because I do eat a lot! I make a batch of veg soup and keep it in the fridge all the time so I always have that to fall back on and it has 0 points.

I only lost .2 this week, maybe because I still eat TOO MUCH!! Oh well, I am still pluggin' away at it. Welcome Jonni, happy you joined us!

Melanie....I am so jealous about your walk! I'm going to come visit you someday, I have always wanted to go to PE Island!

Margie, losing weight on vacation! WOW! Elaine
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  1:51:12 PM  Show Profile
Ooops, Elaine....I'm thankful that your Dr. is on top of things! 18 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! Keep up the good work!
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  03:50:15 AM  Show Profile
I am still counting points, but last night I went "back" to TOPS meeeting and it was wonderful.. The "negative" person was not there and I understand they are to be leaving for good in July... The person who had the program was very upbeat, with handouts and lots of information. The ladies were very nice,glad to have me back so maybe it will work out better now..I really did like TOPS but negative people can ruin something in a heart beat....

Margie

There is a time for every season....
and a reason to believe
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  04:36:09 AM  Show Profile
Ooops! I forgot to weigh in! I had a 4.5 lb loss!!!! I have reached my KOPS Margie! For those of you that don't know what "KOPS" is .....it means Keep Off Ponds Sensibly. I originally had a goal to be 150lbs. For some reason, probably the vainity in me, wanted to be 150lbs. that seemed like the "perfect" weight to be to me. (I am 5foot 9inches)
As I started to loose weight and saw how clothes were fitting and how I was feeling, I decided that 160lbs was the right weight for me and I reached it on Monday.
Now I normally don't have a 4.5lb weight loss ever, but I had the flu and well, hey, it's a lousy way to loose it, but I'll take it :) LOL!!
Keep up the good work eveyone!!!

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  06:30:59 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Melanie!! Congrats! I'd love to weigh 160 lbs. I'm a bit shorter than you but that seems like a good weight for me too.

Farmgirl Sister #25

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  05:10:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey Gals......does anyone have any extra weight watcher info? points guide, points finder, magazines etc? I know a lady that doesn't have much $$ so she couldn't afford to go to W.W. I thought that maybe I'd surprise her for her birthday (in June) with a package of W.W stuff. I lent out mine to a lady at work, and she has been off on sick leave and i can't get ahold of her to get my info back urgggg!
Anyway, I'd gladly pay you for it or swap you something for it.
Thanks!!

Go to Top of Page

mennonite farm girl
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

ruby
apple valley minnesota
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  05:42:55 AM  Show Profile
That scale really has a hold on us girls. I was talking to a friend and told her how my mother, when she was in her mid 50's took off a LOT of weight in one summer. This was her day. She had a small bowl of schredded wheat with skim milk and a half of banana. Lunch was a tuna sandwich and a half of an apple, dinner was a small salad, broccoli and a small piece of chicken. She also walked all of the time, always walking 5 miles and up to 10 miles a day. Of course she first started by getting the okay from her doctor and took vitamins. She was also very determined and that is the big thing. Good luck to all. Always glad to hear how we are all doing.

Take care
Ruby
Mennonite Farm GIrl

www.homemadestitches.com
http://rubyspatchesandpieces.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  05:57:24 AM  Show Profile
This was probably not such a great week to start on the "weigh in" with my "monthly" visitor coming the next week. I always feel so "thick" the week prior and it askews my view of myself for sure. But, I've been trying not to let that get me down...and I've been staying off the scale. I could hop on every hour if I'd let myself!

I feel like I've made good choices, foodwise this week for dinner, but lunches are leaving me disatisfied, and then when I get home, I have a tendency to "binge" on really good(bad) stuff. Being a "foodie" sure stinks when you're trying to diet!!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  12:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies!

I haven't weighted in for a while since Doug and Sky broke my scale. Go figure- a dripping dog plus electric scale underfoot= zapped and ruined scale :(

I am sick of being jiggly. LOL I am on a restricted diet and am working really hard on housework which they says burns about 230 calories an hour. I also have a whole lot of Shimmy and Namaste yoga workouts recorded for when I can see the living room floor again! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  06:02:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jonni, I too am a foodie. I have 211 cookbboks (last count, could be more by now!!) I used to own a restaurant, I am a registered cook and I go to grocery stores and spend at least an hour there......Anyway, what I am getting at is I LOVE FOOD! So cutting back on my portions and giving up things are hard, but I have found something that is satisfying for lunch. The weight watcher frozen entrees or something similar (we have a great store brand frozen entree curried chicken that is low cal and fat)
So I usually have one of those for lunch with a big glass of water or water with Crystal light and a piece of fruit or some cucumber slices.
One day at a time ladies and if we fall of the bike, let's not be hard on ourselves and try again tomorrow!

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  5:38:07 PM  Show Profile
Hello gals, I had to get on and let you know that I had a WONDERFUL weigh in on friday! 1.4 this week so that makes 10 lbs to go! I feel great as I know there are LOTS of people out there that are carrying around an extra 10 lbs. so I feel pretty normal! I have lost 58lbs. total. I can't begin to tell you how much better I feel, I hope you all make you own goals very soon.

Melanie, I may have some W.W. stuff for you, let me go through my folder and see what is in there. Would be nice to help out you friend. Also, great weight loss! Good for you!

Keep up the good work and let us all know how you are doing.....Cindy
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  5:44:54 PM  Show Profile
I sure wish we had a curried chicken frozen entree! Last week I did a couple weight watcher's smart ones and my favorite Lean Cuisine, the Butternut Squash ravioli. That's SOOOO good if you can get it!

This week I'm going to try making some things at home (tuna salad with grapes) and things like that to make lunch a little more exciting...for me, it seems like exciting equals satisfying..

Good luck this week girls!!!

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  5:03:34 PM  Show Profile
OK, I had such a great week at W.W. that I just had to share! I lost 3.4 and that makes a total of 62 lbs.!! I only have 6 to get to my goal and I think I should be there in a couple months. You all can imagine how much better I am feeling, my knees don't even hurt anymore! My sister was telling me that for every pound we carry around, it equals 4lbs on our knees. Well, that would be over 240 pounds on my poor knees! No wonder they hurt! At any rate, I knew I could tell all my "Buddies" here on the weight forum and you would be happy for me! Hope you are all doing well on your weightloss journeys!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  5:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Cindy!! That is fantastic!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 04 2008 :  2:06:19 PM  Show Profile
HOORAY CINDY!! you are an inspiration to us all!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page