joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  9:19:33 PM  Show Profile
THanks for the reminder Alee- I will add more water to my diet tomorrow and see if that was a culprit. I tell you I am just broke out all over.. excema patches.. I am soooo itchy.

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  07:26:55 AM  Show Profile
Good idea Alee, I do have to remind myself to drink the water. Not because I don't like it, I just REALLY like drinking my tea (any kind of tea-herbal or black) during the winter so sometimes water gets put on the back burner!

Debra, I would love to have lunch! I met Kathy from Stagecoach in Carson City last week and she is a doll. Have you two met? You live sooo close, you should make it a plan. Email me when you are coming to town....Cindy

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  11:46:28 AM  Show Profile
When jeff goes back to work I do want to have Kathy over or go meet her.. I am meeting Theresa from Dayton on Tuesday.
yay!
I will email you.. can't wait to meet you!

Blessings, Debra
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  2:52:08 PM  Show Profile
Theresa from Dayton?.....Oh, I don't think I know about her. You will have to let me know! What is her screen name? I guess I missed her but please do email me OK? AND have a good time meeting her...I know you will like Kathy.
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  3:26:16 PM  Show Profile
I met her here last Sept just as I was moving into this house. We have never had a chance to get together but have semi stayed in contact. She emailed that she had bags of quilting fabric for me so I am stopping by on my way to pick up jeff's prescriptions on Tuesday morning. I won't be able to stay and visit :-( I have to get back so jeff can go to the office. but hopefully will get to at least meet her (there is a possibility that she won't be there- she will leave the bags on the porch for me).. I sure hope she is there!

Blessings, Debra
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  05:21:18 AM  Show Profile
Wow everyone is doing rally well, and for those of us that aren't (mostly me) at least we are still hanging in!!!:)
I keep sabatoging (SP?) myself. I say that I'm only going to eat so much and then well, we all know the story.
My friend and I are going to join weight watchers. Although I LOVE TOPS, I find that they don't give you the food stucture that I need. PLease widh me luck!! Thanks:)

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  2:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Melanie.....I think you will really like Weight Watchers! I have lost 50 lbs. with them. Let us know when you do get to a meeting so we can cheer you on!!!

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  4:10:46 PM  Show Profile
I just re-read my post......quite the spelling errors LOL!!! Anyway....thanks a lot Cindy. I am going on Saturday to sit in on a meeting for free just to see what it is like, but I am sure that I will join. I'll let you know:)

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  6:02:13 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, Do let us know, we are all here for you.......Cindy
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  04:08:12 AM  Show Profile
Well, here I am after just getting off of the phone with the friend that was supposed to join with me. Well now she isn't so keen to go. I think I might go by myself . I wonder.....can I just go, sign up to get all of the info and not go back again? I am not too keen on $15/week meeting fees. I'll let you know.
Thanks Cindy for your encouraging words. Very positive!!
By the way, how are you doing?

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  12:57:37 PM  Show Profile
Dear Melanie, You could go get the info or I can send it to you, I would be happy to do that for you. BUT, I will tell you that it is NOT the info that you need. We all know what we have to do, eat less, move more, it's pretty simple. What I believe works is that accountability that comes with meeting every week and the connection to the group. I know not all W.W. meetings are as great as the one that I have, we are all friends really and enourage and support each other in every way. I do think that it helps to GO to the meetings and have to face the facts so to speak. I know the money is a drag, but remember...you are worth it!!

If you would like me to send the the info, let me know, I really would love to do that for you! Oh, at my weigh in yesterday I was down 3.6 for the week and that makes a total of 53 lbs! I have less then 15 to go and I can tell you that I am thrilled! I've worked hard to get here and it is WAY worth it!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  02:05:23 AM  Show Profile
WOW Cindy you have done an excellent job and you sure are right that we all know what to do it's just doing it LOL:)
Do you follow the Flex plan or the core plan. Do you exercise a lot too? What kind of exercising do you do? I like to walk, but don't really like any kind of weight lifting stuff.
Keep up the good work Cindy!!
Hey, I only have 16lbs to loose. WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  11:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have about 30lbs to lose, which is a lot on my frame, but not a lot over all. Everyone is so inspirational here. You are right Cindy and Melanie! We can do it together!

Now that Nora is over her little "I won't sleep through the night" thing I am going to set my alarm for 5:30am and try to go for a half hour run ever morning. That might mean I am going to bed earlier- but that's okay too, right!

Let's get the sleep we need and the water we need so we our bodies can work on flushing away all this toxic fat :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  1:04:42 PM  Show Profile
Alee, Where you able to get your run in? Although I'm not a runner, I know how good it feels to get out and move. I hope you take the time for yourself and get it in.

Yep, we are going to get this done together! I know it helps to keep each other motivated!! Melanie, I didn't like to "work out" much at first but I can tell you it is a very important part of my life now and I can't miss it or I feel rotten! I got up late yesterday so I missed the gym and went to church. Normally I can get them both in and I feel much better. I work out everyday (usually) and I also take yoga, pilates, and weight training classes every week. I have to say that I do get tired of running from work to gym everyday but I know it's worth it in the long run. At some point I will be able to cut back to 3-5 times a week. Besides, yard and garden work are just around the corner!! That is work out enough!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  1:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
If I may chime in here, it is amazing how much better we can handle things the more physical and healthy we are. I run too and in the beginning, it stunk but once I got over that 1-2 week hump, I am actually sleeping better. Being off caffeine has made a huge difference too. I sleep less but get more quality of sleep (when DH is rolling around or up and down,,,but that is another thread) I can actually function on 7 hours of sleep instead of 10-11. I found the green smoothies to be helping a lot too.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  3:23:48 PM  Show Profile
well hello Heather and welcome!! I just started really focusing on exercising. Today a friend of mine and i walked 2.5 km's. WE want to do that every 2nd day for this week and then increase it next week. I am looking forward to it!

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  08:32:34 AM  Show Profile
My husband and I just started a weight reduction plan today. The Farmer's Almanac even said this date was a good day to start one so here we go. We have larger goals but our first small one is to lose 15 lbs each by May 5th this year. We decided to only weigh on Monday mornings and if it's okay I'd like to report in here too.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  09:46:03 AM  Show Profile
Hello Lainey and welcome
Sure you can weigh in here...the more the merrier. I have to say that I forgot about this thread. Glad you re-activated it!
I have started to follow the WEight Watchers points and find it helpful

Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  05:41:14 AM  Show Profile
I have read all 22 pages of this site and I am off to W.W. today.. I tried TOPS meetings and after exactly one (1) year only one no 2 people had lost weight Husband and wife team..but they only had 25lbs to lose where as I have many "25" lbs....
I am slipping up to W.W. today, it's just up the road maybe 9/10ths of a mile and I am "gearing" my self up to knock it off.

Keep up the good work to those who have done well, and best of luck to those of "us" who are hanging in there...

Margie
Newheart...

Chocolate makes my Heart 'sing"...
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  07:26:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Margie!
I go to TTOPS every Monday , and I know waht you mean. I love the meetings and feel that there is a lot of support, but not too much weight loss. I am kinda-sorta following Weight Watcher points and am losing 1/2lb a week. Nothing earth shattering and I am sure if I followed it to the letter i would do better, but I am happy with the rate I am going.
Good luck Margie and keep us posted!

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  8:46:16 PM  Show Profile
Boy Margie, I give you all kinds of credit for reading 22 pages of our rambling! I hope you did join W.W. I know it doesn't work for everyone but it has for me! I went to my meeting today and have lost 58 lbs. and I should be making my goal very soon. Of course, it's always hard work that gets us there in the end but it's sure worth the effort!

Let us know what we can do to help you out, everyone is very supportive and helpful. Heck, you know that from reading our billion posts! Good luck buddy!
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  05:10:15 AM  Show Profile
[font=Arial][/font=Arial]
I am there... I went to WW Wednesday afternoon, . and I am pleased as punch with it...I have been under the weather (not well) for over 2 years Now I am "Taking care" of myself.........

I will try to remebber to post weekly my losses.

Maybe an occasional "pep Talk would help me...

Margie
Newheart...........

There is a time for every season....
and a reason to believe
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  6:01:11 PM  Show Profile
WOWEEEE!!! CINDY good for you girlfriend!! That is so very awesome of you keep up the good work!!
Margie...we are here for you and YOU CAN DO IT!!:)

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  3:32:53 PM  Show Profile
Margie, I am so happy that you made it to a W.W. meeting! I can't wait to hear your progress every week and you can count on us for all the "pep talks" you need. One thing that helped me when it came to taking care of myself was to announce to myself, friends and family that "this is the summer of Cindy!" (which turned into the year of Cindy) and I am finally going to take care of me! Well Margie, I am passing the torch.....(and I know you are ready) this will be the summer of Margie!! If it turns into a year project, so much the better! Good luck buddy! Let us know how it's going OK?
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  5:36:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Cindy Lee, This will be more than a years commitment (?) I have a lot to lose...I have been O.K. with the program so far....I tried to get them to let me have 40pts,,but the leader said "NO' thats for pregnant woman and I don't think at "your age" you are prego..LOL

I am off to N. Myrtle Beach around 3am, my daughter has a Time share at the Wyndham resorts there and I am so looking forward to relaxing... I have all my books, meters and what have you with me...and I am looking for a meeting there.. or if I don't find one I can go Saturday when I get back..

Margie

There is a time for every season....
and a reason to believe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page