Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  5:34:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh, (I almost forgot because I was so excited to have a new member) Rhonda, I am soooo happy that you found a TOPS group! I think that will make all the difference to you! You will have to let us know when the next meeting is and how it goes. We are all pullin' for you! We CAN do this! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  8:52:56 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Bridget, the more the merrier. So glad you are joining in!

Cindy, my meeting is Wed. evening & I can't wait! I spoke to the leader & it sounds like a very informal but close knit group. JUST what I was hoping for! Now, if the weather isn't nasty...we have a layer of ice on everything, with more expected tonight, arrrrgh!

Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  06:09:59 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Ciny and abbas, what should I do?

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  5:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Rhonda, I am thankful that you found your new group! You will have to fill us in on how it goes. I am sending VERY possitive vibes that you will enjoy it and that the weather behaves for you!

Bridget, heck I wish I was more help in this. You know, if I had all the answers about weight loss, I'd be very wealthy! I think most of us are just trying to go about it in a healthy way (less food and moving more)and we are having luck. We all know what we have to do, it's just DOING it!

I have been having a hard week I must admit. I have been going to lunch several times each week with friends and co-workers for the holidays and I don't really see and end to it yet. I try to make good choices but it is harder when eating out. Well, I can hit it harder after Christmas!
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  09:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
ladies, I lost 1 lbs the other day not sure if it found its way back but i ate all day lil meals :) now i'm enjoying a salad

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  7:16:46 PM  Show Profile
Hellloooooo....Anybody here? Is everyone avoiding this topic since the holidays? I know I have been! Oh well, I did not behave TOO badly over the holidays...but sure am glad to have all that cooking and eating behind me! I gained 2 pounds-not bad, considering. I am back on the wagon-feeling SO much better!

With Christmas, and company I've been too busy to get to a TOPS meeting, but plan to attend next week-probably with all the other new 2008 members.

I find that PLANNING is everything with me. Keeping the right foods in the house really seems to determine my success or failure. I will choose healthy if it's available. I am getting used to making a special shopping trip or cooking something just for myself. I try to remember that a healthy wife & Momma benefits EVERYONE!

How is everyone else doing? Anyone? Anyone?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  11:08:56 AM  Show Profile
hello there
well, I too am up 2lbs. I think that that isn't too bad considering all of the extra indulgences over the holidays. I am back to TOPS tomorrow and I am looking forward to getting back on track!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

yellojewl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Amber
Hurley MO
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  11:17:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi, all -
I'd like to join in, too. I am a WW lifetime member (as of Fall '07), but then I stopped going due to a new foster baby with some medical issues...anyhow, I jumped on the scales last week...all that weight I lost has found it's way back. I'm starting again at 138. I need to be around 120-125. I'm only 5' so any extra weight really shows
Thanks for any support! I'm going to try to due some weigh-ins and an exercise group at my work starting next week. Hopefully I'll see some improvement!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  11:25:35 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Amber
We are a great bunch here, very helpful and very suppportive!!

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2008 :  12:03:22 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone
I was wondering how you all were doing. Also, does anyone have a good "yahoo" group that they use regarding weight loss?
Would like to check some out. Thanks!!

Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  3:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Hi All,

I just stumbled across you and would love to join the crew.

I lost 12 lbs. and fell off the weight training and cardio over Christmas. Somehow and I'm still scratching my head over this one...I gained 10 lbs. last week! Huh? Mind you been back in the gym for 2 weeks now, training religeously and weigh in at 162 today. Offically gaining back 10 of the 12 lbs. that I lost.

I am reading a book called "The Eat Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno and it's grrrreat! Involves weight training as a staple though. She also has a cook book called "The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook" I have tried about 10 of the reicpes so far and they are hands down SO tasty and good for you that I'm going to keep eating clean and see what happens!

Fingers crossed!

Linda

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  6:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Linda
I have heard so many good things about Tosca's book. I will keep my eye open for it.
One day at a time with the whole weight loss thing. Good luck!!:)

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  6:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Melanie,
Have you seen a WW site called Dotties Weight Loss Zone? I know a friend used that site for WW, seemed like lots of good information. And Man, you should SEE Dotty!
http://www.dwlz.com/

Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  7:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Hi Melamie,
The recipes are delish! So worth trying and I got Tosca's books on Amazon.com for a fraction of what the retail price is. What a bonus! Lose weight, feel good AND save money! AWESOME!

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  05:42:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Linda....i will check out Amazon definately!! I know what it feels like to lose and gain the same few pounds over and over. This week I will not put any fried foods to my lips. period. and I have to drink more water.
Rhonda....have you started TOPS yet?

Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  8:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
That's an awesome goal Melanie! My goals this week are to: Drink my water, do cardio at least 4 x's, gym 3 x's and eat clean! Phew! I did it last week and I'm really proud of me! Fingers crossed for this week.

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  10:43:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I hadn't seen a lot of action on this board for a LONG time and I am so happy that you all have dropped in! There aren't too many of the old timers around and I hope that doesn't mean they feel off the wagon!

I am doing really well with my weight loss, I am down about 42lbs!!! I did fine during the holiday season and just keep plugging along. Still have about 20 more to go but I would love to hear all about everyone else and how you are doing. Please keep us informed on your journey!

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  11:56:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, you girls are doing GREAT!

First WELCOME Amber & Linda! So glad you are joining in. I'd like to check out the Eat Clean Cookbook. Can you give me an idea of what the recipes and philosophy are like? "Eating Clean" means what exactly? I've been doing "Southbeach" and I love the very simple, fresh recipes. I'm always looking for new recipes though!

Mel, sounds like you are holding your ground. Good for you! Have you looked into Dotties?

I haven't lost or gained-I guess OK for now. Not optimum obviously. Today is my birthday...hubby keeps offering to bake me a cake! I am trying graciously to nix the idea, but I think he is off to the store to buy eggs right now. See what I'm up against? LOL I have not gone to TOPS...pathetic I know. Every Wednesday night it seems some crazy thing happens, someone needs my car, etc. I do want/need to go, just making MOM a priority, well you probably all understand.

CINDY LEE! You are an inspiration! 42 pounds!!! I'm so proud of you! I have popped in to read this thread but no one was here, so I just popped back out. I was afraid everyone had given up too! I'm glad to hear of everyone's progress!

OK, I'm off to enjoying the rest of the MJF postings!

Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  06:15:46 AM  Show Profile
I went to the dr last Friday and found out I've lost a total of 22 pounds. I cried...lol I've never really tried to lose weight and I've been overweight pretty much my whole life, at least from jr. high until now so this is quite exciting for me :D

Kudos to all of you ladies that are working toward your weight loss goals. I know it's not always easy but it is worth it!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  07:23:20 AM  Show Profile
That's FANTASTIC Elizabeth! I'm really proud of you!

I haven't been making any huge strides here...just maintaining. I must have (finally) changed my old eating habits somewhat because my weight hardly fluctuates at all these days. This makes me happy because in the past I have I just returned to my bad habits after a while. We are getting ready to make some big changes in diet here because of our youngest son's health issues. What will be good for him will benefit the whole family. I'm really looking forward to it!

Again, GREAT JOB Elizabeth!

Rhonda

I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance even if I'm the only one...

http://www.kattywhompus.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  08:03:27 AM  Show Profile
ok, I haven't posted here in a long time. I started a month ago. then I switched to low carb on the 17th. I have lost 16 lbs. I have been at a plateau for 2 weeks! I hover between 260 and 261. I finally got down to 259.5 and did the happy dance.. now I am back up to 261.. :-( I am due for my cycle to start so that is probably it but man!!! I thought I would be down my first 20 lbs by now. I do have some issues.. with the stress of dh breaking his ankle I haven't had much of an appetite. I did buy some protein powder but it tastes horrible- so I need to get frozen strawberries to add to it in a shake. Someone suggested drinking this when I didn't have the appetite to eat. I also broke out from head to toe 2 weeks ago with a really bad case of excema. From what I read I believe I have a yeast overgrowth which could stall your weight loss. I got some probiotics to help get that under control. I also eliminated aged cheeses, smoked meats etc.. from my diet.
I am very determined this time to get the weight off. I have gone a month eating right- I haven't lasted more than a few days on any other program in the last 11 years! I am soooo ready to have this weight gone. Please pray for me that I can jump this hurdle and get out of the 260's

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  5:57:26 PM  Show Profile
Debra........I can already see a SKINNY you! I do believe this IS the time it's going to work for you! The fact that you have been on track of a month is huge! You are doing it right too, slowly. Please be sure and let us know when you are in the 250's!!!! We all want to celebrate with you! I promise to add you to my prayer list. In fact, I will pray for you while I do my yoga in the morning.

I just read your post again, 16 lbs. since the 17th isn't slow....it's great!

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  5:58:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh.....at W.W. today, I was down 1.2 lbs. I'll take it!
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  6:35:32 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Lee, You are such a blessing to me! Thank you for your kind words and the encouragement.. I needed it. We need to meet for lunch the next time I go shopping in Reno!!

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  8:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies!

I haven't been checking in because out scale got ruined. Doug decided to give the dog a bath a month or so ago and the dog _soaked_ our nice electronic scale.

But I have been eating healthier...much much healthier and I think I can see a difference. I will use the scale at work on Monday and let you know for sure.

I am so happy for everyone who is losing weight, especially Debra since those plateaus can be so difficult. Once you break past it though- you will be able to get down again.

Don't forget to drink lots of water for 3 reasons

1) It is essential for life

2) It flushes the toxins from our bodies, especially those that are stored in the fat cells that we are burning off

3) If you restrict your body's need for water, you body goes into a water starvation mode where you will actually hold more water than you need- hence gaining water weight. It is also the first to go when you start drinking water. I have been suprised with as much as a 5lb sustainable weight loss when I am fully hydrated.

Also, if you get and stay fully hydrated you will actually have to run to the bathroom less after the first couple of days. Your body will be more regulated, the toxin levels will be decreased, and your thirst won't be so great. So instead of flooding your body a few times a day, you will be more likely to sip water and with less of a toxin load, your urge to go will be less.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page