Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  5:35:28 PM  Show Profile
I know it's not Monday morning but I've just got to share my exciting weight loss news :D I've lost 10 pounds in the past 3 or 4 weeks! :D :D :D This is exciting for me because I've never really dieted or worked out much and I'm quite a bit overweight, not quite ready to share my starting weight or where I'm at yet. I don't like to weigh myself because I fear if I don't see any change I'll be tempted to give up but I decided to step on the scale today and was rewarded with that loss. I'm so excited because I am doing this pretty much on my own, I've got people in my corner but no one to work out with right now so I'm happy that I've been able to keep this up. I don't have a goal weight right now either because I'm one that's always been overweight and I don't know how I feel about the national weight standards, my goal is to be healthy and not have to go on medication for the health issues I'm dealing with right now.

My work out has consisted of a 30-45 minute walk and then a 30 minute belly dancing workout most days. I just got back on at work today so I'll be able to use the eliptical for the next 4 days. I've only used it once but I really liked how it worked and I think if I were to ever buy a piece of work out equipment that'd be the one I'd get.

I'd like to say good for all of you girls who are working toward a healthier lifestyle and I wish you the best of luck with your quest. I'm happy to join your numbers and I look forward to sharing my future losses with you all!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  2:21:33 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, you are SOOOO right to only be thinking about improving your health and not worrying about that stupid scale (we probably should toss them all!) I really struggle with NOT getting on mine, I want to hop on it every morning and have tried so hard to break myself of that. I try only to weigh at W.W. now. You sound like you are on track and I agree with you, the eliptical is the best for me too. Too bad we can't go together!

I am happy to say that I am down 2.4 this week!!!! That makes 33lbs. can you belive it? I am only half way at this point but boy do I feel great! I bought 2 new workout outfits yesterday because my old stuff looked big and frumpy. It was a nice pick-me-up!

I'm happy to know that all my farmgirl buddies are here with me for the long haul....thanks! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  2:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Alee, Elizabeth and Cindy you're doing sooo great! I am totally inspired to keep trying. I STILL haven't gotten that wicked scale to budge, but I am feeling that "pull" that comes from working out on a regular basis. Does anyone know what I mean when I say that? Is it endorphins or ??? that pulls you back to those activities/exercises that make ya feel good about yourself because you DID them, regardless of what the scale says. I skipped Thursday and Friday, embarrassed to say that the buns workout Wednesday had lots of squats and lunges and tore me up...but I was back @ it today. Did the arms workout and the treadmill. Ahhhh!!! Endorphins!!!

Cindy, you got NEW workout outfits! YES!!! Well deserved to say the least! 33 lbs, that's SUCH an accomplishment. Best of all, like you said, you feel great! Please keep posting your results because I need the inspiration!

Hey Rhonda...How ya doin? Thinkin' 'boutcha! Hope all is going well with you.

Have a great weekend & let's all remember how empowering it feels to be in control of what we eat this week.
Chandra

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  09:48:27 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hallelujah!!!! Farmgirls, five, that's right, I said FIVE pounds off!! I won't say it's been easy & the last few days have been rough, but 5 pounds are gone. I got to the point where I really didn't think it was even possible, my body has gone back and forth with the same two pounds for months but this morning it's official. Since I added the exercise on a consistent basis, it finally paid off. So, I know now that this is what I'll need to continue doing to reach my goal weight. I'll keep ya posted! Hope you'll each have good results too!
Chandra

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  10:05:05 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Chandra!

Cindy, it'd sure be nice to have someone to workout with, I think that's what I could use the most right now. But it'll work out just fine with just me :)

www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  05:58:45 AM  Show Profile
Congradulations to you all for perservering. I have no idea what I weigh right now. My nanny passed away last week. She was 95 and led a great and happy full life. I flew home to Ontario for the funeral and I haven't been exercising all week. I have been eating out a lot in the past few days, as well as visiting family and friends and just plain pigging out!!
We'll see tonight when I get home to PEI what the scales say.
way to go to you all!!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  06:26:38 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, I'm so sorry about your Nanny.

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  08:37:49 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, I'm sorry to hear about your loved one. Be gentle on yourself!

Chandra......What can I say!!! I am Thrilled for you, see you CAN do it! I know you have had a struggle but I think it's clear sailing now!

We will all keep sharing ane caring and we will all find success....I appreciate you guys!
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  6:47:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey Girls!
Sorry I havn't been online much lately...been hitting the craft show circuit the last few weeks getting ready for the Christmas season.

Chandra I have been well, thanks for thinking of me. I have been doing the two pound limbo also. Same stinkin' two pounds won't go down without a fight! I brought my cardiofit upstairs where I can use it everyday. I am thinking THAT will kick those two pounds soon! Haven't weighed this week but I was holdin' my own last Monday. Congrats on the five pound loss! That's HUGE! I'm excited for you girl!

I also (finally) got someone from TOPS to respond. I got the a phone number for a meeting in my town. I'm excited to call & find out about meetings. Will probably wait until after Thanksgiving as most people will probably be busy the next few days.

I appreciated the conversation about scales & weighing. I try really hard not to weigh more than once a week, on Monday morning. I forgot to weigh on Monday but I do know that I NEED a belt with all my jeans now. I can slip them off without unsnapping them. If I forgo a belt I end up looking like a homeboy. YO.

Cindy you are doing amazing! 33 pounds is FANTASTIC! Isn't it cool to take off just a little each week or so & see it add up! I'm REALLY proud of you!

Elizabeth I totally agree on improving our overall health! That is SO important (especially as we get older, ugh!). Feeling great, nice clear skin & clothes that don't bind & pinch are much better indicators than the stinkin scale can ever be. Too bad it's the only concrete way of measuring weight loss. What if we all hid the scales away for a mobnth? Or do we still need them for a bit? Thoughts?

Hope everyone is doing great-I'm counting each of you as a blessing this Thanksgiving! Have a wonderful holiday!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  12:00:40 PM  Show Profile
Lost a pound over THANKGIVING! Unheard of. How is everyone else doing?

Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  08:39:29 AM  Show Profile
Hello all.....well, I am getting better at realizing that my nanny is gone....I definatley ate to mask my sadness. I went to TOPS last night and gained 3lbs. Oh, well...this week is a whole new week, a chance for new beginnigs!!

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  08:59:28 AM  Show Profile
Hello to everyone! I stepped on the scale yesterday and found out I'm down 5 pounds which makes my total 15 so far. While I'm not in love with the scale it is very nice to see the number going down when I do get on it :)

Keep up the good work ladies!

www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  09:42:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone!

My scale is confusing me. Sometimes I step on and it is 158, and sometimes it is 150.5 It is consistent if I step on it 5 times in a row, but later that day I suddenly gain 8 lbs? I know I don't eat 8lbs worth of food a day so it's kind of weird. Maybe it is water weight and I know my weight fluctuates whether Nora has breastfed lately or not. So I am going to say I weigh plus or minus 150.5 lol! :D

Keep up the great work everyone! I feel healthier already! I have been much more active lately and the more active I am, the more active I want to be. I can't wait for the weekend when I get to tramp around the hill sides some more.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  6:39:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi guys,

Thought I better get on and let you know I am still alive. I went to W.W. today and lost 1.2lbs over the last TWO weeks. I am FINE with that especially since it was Thanksgiving!

I am still feeling SOOOO good that I just know I will make it this time! I am loving my new yoga class and think it is really helping me to just feel healthier all around. I know I can't loose much weight doing it so I must also do cardio everyday. Not as much fun but I know I have to do it anyway!

Sounds like everyone is doing well and feeling good. Hold on because the holiday season will really test us!

Have a great weekend!!!!! cindy
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  2:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,
I really appreciate every encouraging word that is written here! You girls are the BEST! Sounds like we are all holding our own over Thanksgiving!That is really something in my world. Way to GO girls!

I'm doing well but still not able to track down TOPS! The most recent phone number I was given is another party entirely. Kinda crazy...

Mel, I'm sorry you are grieving. It's hard not to comfort with food-especially if it is an old pattern (as it was for me). Something that helps me is to keep a nice corner with a heat pad, a soft throw, my Bible (or other good book), and some hand work...a little nest, to retreat to when I feel sad or tired. Works wonders to lift my spirits. Keeping a journal or writing notes to encourage others is a good way to renew your mind too. Keeping everything in one spot makes for a little mini vacation.

Ohhhh Chandra, we miss you! Hope you are well.

Have a great rest of the weekend ladies!
Rhonda

Edited by - abbasgurl on Dec 01 2007 2:25:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2007 :  1:59:28 PM  Show Profile
Rhonda, I am hoping you can find a TOPS group. Have you googled it? I am a firm believer that group support can work wonders, W.W. has really helped me! Keep us posted.....Cindy
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2007 :  6:06:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Cindy,
Yes, I have googled , gone to the national site, state site, etc. I have written to the regional leader too. It was she who gave me the info, which was somehow incorrect. I have written to her again to see if she may have other information. Seems like it shouldn't be this hard, doesn't it? I plan to keep looking until I find a group! I agree, the more accountability the better.
By the way...GREAT job on the loss during THANKSGIVING! You go!
Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  10:58:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh Rhonda, thanks so much for the mini vacation suggestion, what a great idea. Sorry that you can't find a TOPS you're right, it shouldn't be that hard to find one, it must be very frusterating!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  11:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well it looks like I am up this week. Grr. I am not quite sure what is causing it. I am going to make sure I drink my water today as I have a sneaking hunch it is water weight.

Today's weight is...158..again...

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand to keep Nora out of trouble!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  08:40:39 AM  Show Profile
I weighed in yesterday at TOPS....I was down 3 1/4 pounds. Pleased with that for sure!!
Just wondering.......I had mentioned before about perhaps exchanging Christmas cards...I've had one reply...anyone else interested? You could e-mail my private e-mail and I would forward your address to the rest. Let me know..It sure is nice getting a wee note in the mail instead of a bill. Have a great day everyone!!

Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  09:20:31 AM  Show Profile
You know I joined in on this weigh-loss weigh in and then somehow loss track, but I have had some major illnesses the last 2 months so I need to get back on track...I joined TOPS here in Md. but its at night and 15 miles away.. Thats 30 miles round trip and DH has to take me since I can't drive yet...Keep looking for one closer...I have a scale that has a mind of its own one minute I am 200 next I am 155 then I am 230.. So I really have no idea what I weight but I know its alot and thats not good.. I am hoping to go this week and see the true weight.

I'll be back "lighter"

Newheart : Margie

Chocolate makes my Heart 'sing"...
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  6:11:14 PM  Show Profile
Hello fellow dieters! I went to W.W. today and have lost another 1.4! I am still going strong and just have to hang in there during Christmas, January will be a breeze! Hope you are all doing well and be sure to drop in and let us know what's going on with you. Have a great weekend......Cindy
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  11:05:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls,
My computer has been down so I have been MIA for a bit. Have had terrible stomach issues the last few days so eating doesn't even sound good. Good for weight loss I suppose, but not really the way I'd choose to do things. LOL The BIG news is I FINALLY got a call from a TOPS leader in my area! I'm really excited about attending the meeting next Wed. evening! Wish me luck!
Cindy you are on fire girl! I have a feeling Christmas won't be that heard for you...the results you are seeing are WAY better than ham & fruitcake! You can do this! Thanks for sharing. It's SUCH an encouagement! Slow & steady wins the race, yes?

Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  5:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Can I start and join? I am currently due to a new scale and I thought I was under 130 I guess 132 as of today. I need to be 120 for healthy reasons.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  5:30:29 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME ABOARD BRIDGET!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page