Page: of 16

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  06:59:42 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Well farmgirls, this is a bit dismaying...I'm the first person to post since the last post here on this thread, which was also mine; so what am I to think? I'll just see the bright side and believe that all of you have reached your goals and I'll be encouraged to continue 'til I reach mine and this thread will be a thing of the past! So I'm up a pound since last week. That's an indicator to me that I've spent too much time @ the computer, not enough time exercising. Lesson learned. I'm making a rational decision to exercise 1st, & then, time permitting, connect here.
Chandra

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  2:29:45 PM  Show Profile
Chandra, you make me laugh! Yep, we are all slim and trim and no longer need to get on the weigh in forum! Well, I was out of town for the weekend so I didn't go to Weight Watchers on Friday. I'm not sure where I am right now but I did do really well while on my trip. It was a girls weekend away and I still really watched what I ate. We also took several long hikes in the mountains so I think that helped....we'll see next Friday!

I will make it to the gym tonight, hope to see you all there!!! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  6:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Chandra-

Sorry to leave you without support! I was out of town and then overwhelmed with getting back into the pace of life here.

I am up a pound, but I feel better about where I am at right now than I have in a long time. I think I am getting stronger and I hope to be down by that pound on Monday!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  09:04:37 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! I had a busy week getting ready for a craft show I was involved in last weekend so I haven't been online. So sorry to leave you hangin' Chandra! Yes, yes, I too have reached my goal. NOT. My weight has remained EXACTLY the same this week...even with what I thought was good behavior. I am thinking TOO MANY Starbucks over the weekend...not so good. My friend is a "partner" at SB and offered to buy with her discount...how COULD I pass that up? Bad me.

Cindy, good for you! Watching what you eat when travelling is HARD! I did well with meals, but those coffee drinks are deadly... I travel again next weekend...any tips? I hate making a big deal out of where/what/when I eat when I am with a group. I'm thinking of taking a small cooler along with snacks for everyone. I can sneak in my healthy stuff in there too.

Anyway, here's to more exercise & better habits this week, right? Hope everyone is doing well!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  09:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Alee, Cindy, Rhonda...Whew, you're back. I'm so relieved!

I'm turning over a new leaf; as of yesterday, I see my DH off to work, have my quiet time, then exercise is my 1st priority. It's working! I get it done and the daily distractions aren't an excuse. Still need an exercise buddy to be acountable to. Anyone ready to make that kind of commitment? Let me know!

Rhonda, it's amazing how well "health-food" snacks are received by a group. It seems everyone is health conscious, but many are unwilling to make the extra effort to prepare and bring snacks from home, yet they sure are grateful when they're available.

We can do this farmgirls...little-by-little, the small changes make a lasting difference.

Chandra

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

Edited by - MasterGardener on Nov 07 2007 09:04:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  09:52:16 AM  Show Profile
Weight i sht e same for me here. I didn't loose, but I didn't gain. At TOPS we say staying the same is as good as a loss. I have really been binging lately. 6 pieces of rye bread smothered in spinach dip was lunch today. I feel awful now, both physically and mentally......BUT.....I will not let that get me down and I WILL do better for suppper.
Thanks ladies for being here to listen:)

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  10:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thats the spirit Melanie!

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  5:01:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh Melanie, there should be a law against spinach dip. I'm writing my congressman!
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  5:16:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Melanie...Don't ya just hate that feeling? We've all done it though. You have the right idea...just jump right back in & eat well! Don't wallow or give up!

Yes Chandra, I think at least one other woman in my group will be grateful for some healthy snacks. Thanks for encouraging me in this! I sometimes feel silly carrying in a cooler, but I know it will be best for me in the end. Don't want to undo what I've done & all that. You are such an inspiration to get up & put things in order. Hmmm...I am SO not a morning person. It's been hard for me to get up & cook breakfast for myself each day-especially since I don't really want breakfast at that time. Eventually I will try to add to my routine, but right now I feel I would let you down as accountabilty. I could keep you accountable, but I'm afraid you would have your work cut out for you!

Today my eating was very good. I also started using Stevia in my coffee, which is a good change. It tastes really yummy too. Tomorrow I'm shopping for some new clothes. I'm excited. :)
Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  6:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Oh Rhonda, someone has volunteered to be an accountability buddy so, no worries. It sounds like you have a full schedule as it is, so I really appreciate that you'd want to do that for me, thanks! Hope you rest well and have a blast choosing new clothes!
Chandra

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  04:26:10 AM  Show Profile
Hooray Rhonda
Shooping for new clothes after you have lost weight is such a great feeling. I have lost 12 pounds so far, not a huge amount, but I am down a size and that is a great feeling. We all have our days that we feel will put us back. I think what I need to do is not buy it. If the tempting food isn't in my house, I can't eat it. Sounds so simple, but it is a hard thing to do. I always think, well, I'll get the small bag of chips...then Illl eat 3 small bags.
Today is a new day and brand new possibilites await!!
Have a super duper day ladies!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  06:17:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ugh- I am having a fat day. The scale even agrees. I was a bad bad girl last night and had a italian meal with lots of yummy chese and pasta. Not the best for my diet. I am starting to feel sluggish and icky. I think I am going to swear off red meat and dairy for a month and just try to let my body cleanse itself with lots of fruits and veggies fish and some poultry.

I am up two pounds from the lowest weight I have been since pregnancy. Right now I weigh 155 but I am also a very petite small framed person. (I am only 5 feet tall!), so because of my size and bone structure that puts me in the obese category. *grimace* There I said it. I don't think I have ever acknowledged how out of control I have let myself get.

Okay- today will be a better day. I will be more in control of my diet! Wish me luck ladies!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  06:20:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am going to try and follow this plan-

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/Y/yawye/mealplans.html

Alee
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  2:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Just checking in before I head out of town. I weighed yesterday morning and have dropped 1.5 pounds. Sometimes it's so strange how that seems to happen overnight. Anyway, I am SO looking forward to this trip with two other Primitive lovin' friends! I am planning to spend all my money on beautiful things for our home & not on food! Plus, I'm armed with healthy snacks too. Shopping yesterday was good. I bought a size M skirt and was really happy with the pretty things I found.
Oh Alee I HATE fat days...we ALL have them, don't we? I agree, I think your plan to eat fresh, light foods will help you feel better. I know it has really helped me.

Melanie, you're right. Why tempt yourself? I find I do OK with temptation as long as I keep "my" foods in the house too. I used to grab a cookie or two & now I grab a cheese stick or a handful of nuts.

Chandra how is your week going? Hope you've been able to find some time to exercise each day.

OK girls, I'm off-say a little prayer for traveling mercies! See you Monday!
Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  3:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well today I am down .5lb. I think uping the water intake has helped. Maybe I was retaining water. I realized I hadn't been drinking as much as I should- especially since I am still nursing- so I think I put my body into water survival mode.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  5:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Rhonda, that is sooo encouraging to know you're making great choices and you're having success! NEW CLOTHES!!!
There's aren't many accomplishments that are quite as empowering as when you know you've made the right choices, sometimes made some tough sacrifices, and you're seeing positive results. I love that feeling.
I've done my workout 4 days in a row, praise God, though it took me a little longer to get myself in there today, I did 45 min on the treadmill. 30min Mon, 35 min Tues, 40 min Wed, and then today. I have all kinds of equipment and video workouts, but right now my goal is just to develop consistency, just doing it every day 'til it's a positive habit pattern. I appreciate your askig!
Prayers for your divine protection while traveling.
Thanks girls for this forum...it helps.
Chandra

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  07:51:15 AM  Show Profile
Well ladies I am very proud of myself!! Yesterday was my birthday and I didn't overindulge. My sweetie husband knows that I have been trying to loose weight and he found the cutest "mini" birthday cake. It is the size of a sandwhich plate and fully decorated. Sooooo cute I almost didn't want to eat it. (notice how I said "almost"!)
Anyway ladies. Looks like we are all doing well and on the right track!!

Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  08:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Melanie!!! Looks like you've got someone that supports your efforts but still understands that women need to be indulged, a "mini" bit, esp. on birthdays.

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2007 :  1:24:49 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday melanie!!! I am happy that you had a bit of birthday cake, we have to celebrate you know!

Gosh, it does sound like we are all on the right track and all at the same time. I am thrilled for all the success goin' on in this forum! We rock!!!

I am excited to tell you that I lost 3.8 at my W.W. meeting yesterday! Wasn't sure how it would go, as I was on a retreat last weekend. I thought I'd done pretty well but there was birthday cake and wine involved! Maybe a little too much of both but I still did fine! See, I have to celebrate too!

Chandra....4 days in a row!!! Soon you won't be even slightly tempted to skip exercise!

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2007 :  4:05:16 PM  Show Profile
thanks for the birthday wishes gals. It sure is great Cindy that you lost that weight!! Hooray for you!!
I was wondering if you ladies might be interested in swaping snail mail addresses. I just love sending out a wee note to people. It is so nice getting something in the mail other than bills. Just a thought. For those of you that are interested...e-mail me privately and I could pass them on to the rest of our little group.
Hooray for all of us, and thanks for all of your support!! :)

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  12:51:15 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, Good Idea! I emailed you!
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  3:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Monday - Saturday, six days of being consistent; built up to 60 minutes. Saturday, 1st 45 min on the treadmill, last 15 on airgometer. Up a pound, (?????) probably water, maybe muscle. Got into smaller jeans (Yipeeeee)...progress!
Chandra

Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  10:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Happy Monday farmgirls! I've done my "routine" this morning. Started w/ abs workout, then treadmill, then 10 min on airgometer, then finished with treadmill for a total of 60 min. No change in the scale, but the habit pattern is being established & that's my 1st goal!
ttfn...
Chandra

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  5:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I got back down to 153.5, so I am happy that I didn't gain....but I didn't lose either. Ugh.

I have been doing a lot of heavy scrubbing at the house I caretake out, so I am being active all day, so I am hoping that helps!

Chandra- You are an inspiration! I wish I was able to do all the exercise that you are! I know the pounds will just start melting off soon!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  09:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations Alee! Any movement in the direction we WANT to go is a bonus !! I am not sure the science, but sometimes it takes the body extra time to adjust metabolically to even small changes/differences in our diet & exercise routine, so not losing, but NOT GAINING, is great because your body is making those adjustments. You'll probably see a drop in a day or two. I've found that if I overindulge, sometimes it shows up the next day, but more often than not, it will show on the scale in two/three days. The same is true of weight-loss. I wonder if the same science applies to that after-exercise pain that shows up, not the next day, but two/three days later? Hmmmm, interesting! Anyway, you go girl...it takes time to adjust; I use the motto "slooow...but SURE!

Well, let's see. Monday: 30 min treadmill, 10min abs, 20 min s-bike. Tuesday: 38 min treadmill, 12 min arms, 10 min s-bike. Wednesday: 12 min buns, 10 min s-bike, 38 min treadmill. Scale fluctuates 2 lbs +/- daily.
GET 'ER DONE!

Edited by - MasterGardener on Nov 14 2007 09:13:17 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Monday Morning Weigh-In Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page