levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2021 :  03:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe everyone has to make their own choices. We can all do our own research and make the best choice for ourselves. Whether you are for the vaccine or against it we are all responsible to choose for ourselves.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 10 2021 03:24:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2021 :  05:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the beginning of the 20th Centruy, the average life span was half of what it is today. Many children died in childhood from many common diseases. Do you know what changed that to more children surviving and adults living longer? Vaccines. Polio, Smallpox, Typhoid, Tetnus, Pertussis, Yellow Fever, Cholera etc. Vaccines. They are safe and effective. Are there some people with side effects? Yes. But the percentage is very very low. Millions of people have benefited all over the World because of vaccines and today the World Health Organization works hard to get babies and children vaccinated in third world countries to save millions of lives. Today, countries are desperate for the COVID vaccine and begging for help to get them. People all over the world begging for help from the US and it was announced yesterday that US will be sending them vaccines ASAP. Yes it is a choice as to whether you choose to get any vaccine. But it is not correct to conflate your own bias with the value of vaccines in the history of our Planet for safely saving lives. Just ask yourself, when did we have the last Polio or Smallpox outbreak? Did you get those vaccines as a child? Most likely you did because everyone did. Vaccines save lives.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2021 :  06:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Discussion is good. This is why I do all the research I can. To be well informed and get my information from good reliable sources. It is very important to make the right decision for each based on not only research but our own medical history or issues if any. All of this should be between a person and their doctor.
I don't feel this is the place to share our medical information or anything so private.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 10 2021 06:38:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2021 :  06:50:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Denise. This forum is about what we all have in common and what we can do to raise each other up in friendship. As a nurse, one of the first things we learned is that nursing is not the place for politics or religion biases . We each have our personal decisions and that stays at home with us .

On a totally different topic, my wonderful Satsuma Orange tree has become overrun with this bacterial disease known as ravaging Citrus Greening. At first this Spring I thought the tree was just developing new green growth. But when I took a closer look, I saw that over half of the tree was not producing any new fruit and the green leaves were growing everywhere. I contacted out local IFAS dept. associated with the University of Florida and they have a group of volunteers who will help you. I sent them photos of my tree and they sent back a list of Citrus diseases common to oranges in this area. I also got some information from our former city Arborist. The diagnosis is Citrus Greening and there is no way to save the tree. It takes over old trees like mine and it will totally die within a few years from the disease. I am so sad! This is why it has the word ravaging attached to it because it is a common ailment of Orange trees in Florida everywhere. Who knew?? The tree sits half on my property and the neighbors next door so I cannot take it down without their OK. They also have never eaten any of the fruit so maybe they don’t care. The tree happens to be in the only spot in my yard what would get enough sun to prosper. However, I am wondering if it would be safe to put a new tree there where a sick one was? Lots of new decisions ahead of what to do. When reading all the info IFAS sent me, the Florida Citrus industry is battling all sorts of diseases int the state. It is way more complex than I ever knew about. Our tree has been care free since we moved here in 1984. It has been like an old friend giving me an abundance of oranges . Each Christmas I have sent my family oranges that they enjoyed. Looks like this year, I need to find another local source of Satusuma oranges to enjoy.

So glad to get Darlene’s Rehab address! Thanks for getting us the address too! I hope she is making good strides in her recovery. She has waited so long to get her knee fixed properly.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Jun 10 2021 10:10:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2021 :  09:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
So sorry to hear about your tree. My mom used to send us oranges and tangerines from their trees. So good straight from the tree. I always loved the smell of orange blossoms. Mom and dad at time we moved down there lived across from an orchard and the scent would just saturate the air.
Our honeysuckle is in bloom everywhere here. It seems so good wherever we go. We are still waiting on the blackberries to ripen.
Even though I have no idea where we will live when we get to Ohio I am getting a little excited about going and being in a new place. The opportunity to start fresh with the new home and how I will decorate.
Keeps me motivated to keep purging stuff.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2021 :  5:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie -- I'm so sorry to hear about your orange tree. I read recently that Florida is having a regreening problem with the orange crop. I don't know if it would be safe to plant another tree in it's place but I bet the county agricultural agent would know if it is possible and might even be able to suggest some disease-resistant varieties.
I have one orange tree in my yard. It has been producing fewer oranges the past few years. I don't know if it is due to age (How long do they live?) or more likely due to drought.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2021 :  06:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a time for moving sketched out. Wed like to be there by the beginning of August or thereabouts. Need to get the house ready for showing and pictures. We still have a bit of a to do list before we get there but we are working on it every chance we can. Decided we will have my nephew come down and give us a hand getting the outside cleaned up and looking good as well as the garage and workshop/shed.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2021 :  09:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you have a big job ahead but it sounds like you have a good plan.
Have you found a new home yet?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2021 :  6:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not yet Marilyn. We are planning to rent first and find an area we like. We don't want to jump in to buying right off.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2021 :  4:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have this doe coming round every evening to have her taste of mulberries.
Fortunately they haven't gotten to the black raspberries. We had those with dumplings last night. They are something my mom always made with blackberries but they were good with these too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2021 :  7:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is a beauty and big too.
About four years ago a doe birthed twins right behind the dam of the new tank our neighbor had built. No trees, no tall grass, then hunters appeared with their 'shootzangs' looking for birds. I happened by and got to see her moving her young family up the hill to shade and safety. Last year both the doe and one of her daughters, returned, and wouldn't you know it...they both gave birth...same place.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2021 :  04:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess we aren't sticking to the plan of renting as JT set up with a realtor to see some houses out there on Saturday. We found one we fell in love with but it was not to be. When went back the next day to look again before making the offer we found it was already pending. So I guess there is a different out there for us.
We have found that people make offers only by seeing the house online without actually looking at the houses in person.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 17 2021 04:36:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2021 :  06:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are living in crazy times. When a home is listed...often it sells within a few hours.
Denise,when you do decide on a home...you might want not only the house cleaned but also the duct work for the heat and air. Due to the shedding of vaxed people...if you know they were vaxed.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2021 :  12:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck Denise with whatever you decide to do about housing. It is hard to have stuff unsettled about where you are going to actually live. I hope the process is speedy and you find what you are looking for without too much trouble!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2021 :  5:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We found a house we love, just hoping it is still available. Making an offer as soon as we hear back from the realtor.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2021 :  6:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful Denise! Does the home have some average with it or a nice yard?

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 18 2021 6:59:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2021 :  8:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise -- I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your house.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  04:37:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are going to see it this morning and make our final decision on an offer. It is about 5 minutes or so from our daughter. When we get back we will stage our home for pictures and get it listed. We signed the papers to list it already. The realtor thinks it will go quickly. Hoping and praying that is so.

Marilyn, it does not have a lot of acreage but there is room for a nice garden and lots of room for the grands to stay.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  06:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a perfect place for you, Denise. Sending prayers and crossing fingers for you that everything goes well.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2702 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2702 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  07:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I hope that everything falls into place for you!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  11:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank so much for your thoughts and prayers. We put in our offer and should know by later tonight. Grandkids are keeping us occupied at the moment.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  2:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Denise, we're you able to get the house?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  3:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They accepted our offer! Now I think things will be moving pretty fast. I love the house, it is close to our daughter. Appreciate prayers everything still needing to be done goes smoothly.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  4:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Prayers for a swift closing.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  6:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda! We close on this one the 30th of July and hopefully ours will close by then too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Welcome June! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly