Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  11:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I started out the month visiting Jones Orchard Farm Stand to buy Strawberries right out of the field. Jones is a 4th Generation Farm since 1940. They are about 2 miles from me, so I go often.

I had to go back today for more! Lily June ate them all for Dessert yesterday! they are OH! so sweet!!

Connie #3392

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  11:53:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome June from Florida!! Our berry seasons are about all over due to the heat and now we are enjoying watermelons, local cantaloupe, and great sweet corn! June is also when cakes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplants and yellow and zucchini squash is ripe. By the end of the month we will have zipper, white acre, and black eyed peas ready to pick and enjoy. Watermelons and those really hot peppers and Okra will continue on into July and early August.

I thought I had signed up for the July 4 swap over at the main Forum, but I forgot to actually do it!! So, I am offering my box of goodies that I made and put together as a Summer giveaway at the Forum. If you would like to toss your name in the basket, hop on over and sign up. I will be choosing a winner on Friday June 11.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Jun 02 2021 3:57:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  12:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie -- I think you might mean cukes, but if you have seeds for cakes I'd love some :-)

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  3:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL!!!!!!! Judith, I did mean cakes!! Gotta do a better job of proof reading! Thanks for picking that one up because now I am going to edit to fix the confusion!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  4:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, those strawberries look amazing. My son and I love them to. When I was pregnant with him, my hubbys aunt would bring five little baskets of strawberries every time they came to visit Great Granny. They were very sandy and required lots of rinsing ... but they were so good.
Her husband teased me saying my baby would love them too, because I ate so many. He was right.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2702 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2702 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  5:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those look like REAL strawberries...not the kind that you can get all year long that have white centers. I am with Lily June!!! We had strawberry shortcake for dessert today.
Winnie, I'll take some cake seeds, also!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  6:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, those strawberries look oh so good!
Ours are still going here but not for much longer. I can't wait till our little farm stand up the roads opens.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  8:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They looks so good -- like the old-fashioned smaller strawberries that have the wonderful flavor. We used to go to the pick-your-own place to get them. The newer hybrids seem to be grown for size instead of flavor.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2021 :  04:04:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, you are right and it seems there are less in a container because of the size. Also hollow in the middle. They just aren't as sweet as the smaller ones.

What is the month bringing to you all? Here they have lifted the masks for the vaccinated. Other states have lifted for all.

June came in on sunshine but is giving us rain for the next couple of days. It's a steady spring rain right now. It is bringing back the green.
We are planning a trip to Ohio for the littlest grands dedication on Father's day. We will take some boxes of things out to put in storage. There is a place very close to our daughter's so that will make it handy.
I hope everyone has a very happy,healthy month of June!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 03 2021 04:07:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2021 :  11:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are still masked here, vaccinated or not. There are still a lot of unvaccinated people around to spread the bug. I don't mind the mask but then again I don't go out much. I will admit that wearing one in 100 degree weather is uncomfortable.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2021 :  12:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peaches are ready at my little Farm Stand!

Sunny and 83 here. Sky is so blue!! These days remind me of when I was a kid, school just ended!

I plan on reading a lot since I can't tolerate the heat. Got some new Books from Guideposts I can't wait to read and a stack on the sewing machine! Lily June and Holly are going to the beach in North Carolina for a week this Sunday and I have been helping them get ready for that. I donated some Beach Towels and Sunscreen and some summer outfits for Lily June which I love to buy~ They will be staying at a friends beach house with 6 other kids and lily June is over the Moon about it!
Oh How I miss outside but my MS just wont allow me in the Heat! There will be snippets of time I can go out, Usually after dark or to see the Full Moon. So I enjoy inside and dream of Fall and Winter and Spring!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2021 :  2:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lily June and her friends are going to have so much fun. You will have a peaceful week of reading. Humor keeps you healthy and living longer.
Peaches already! You are so lucky. I haven't seen any local ones here yet. I might have to to the farmers market this week if weather allows.
Summer was my favorite season when I was a kid, but we lived in the Bay Area where 80 was a hot day. When I moved to the Central Valley with 100+ days I didn't like summer anymore. I found I can't take the heat so my days are spent inside. It's the only season I don't go camping.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2021 :  03:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know most people move south but I can't take the heat either and I'm glad we are moving where it is 4 seasons and summers aren't as hot as here. At least it won't be as humid as here.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2021 :  04:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The black raspberries are ripe here. JT was out picking last night. They are so good!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2021 :  2:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We have had pretty good weather here in Colorado. Today it is in the 80s with possible rain this evening. Tomorrow we're going on the Chama train ride, which takes from 10 AM to 4:40 PM. It's a round-trip ride and we will see lots of beautiful scenery. Lunch at a cute little train station where we turn around and then back. Looking forward to the trip, even though there is a 50% chance of rain all day tomorrow.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2021 :  8:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, your new weather sounds great! Love Blackberries!
Linda, enjoy your trip!

Judith, I so understand not tolerating the heat!! The readers Digest was right all those years! Laughter is the best medicine!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2021 :  05:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, Lily June is going to enjoy a week at the beach! Lots of shells to find and maybe a little swim, although I suspect the water in NC is still a bit too cold to stay in very long. Great time for making sand castles! Looks like you have some really good books to start your summer reading. I have a stack myself that I just got from a gift certificate my youngest gave me for Mother’s Day. I love to read!
Denise, our Blackberry season is over by May down here. When we were first married, we lived in a rural area neighborhood and had wild blackberry bushes along the rim of our property. I used to pick them a lot and they were sweet because you could get them when they were totally ripe and sun kissed!
Linda, your trip sounds fun! I hope your train ride is wonderful too. A few years back we visited New Mexico and did this train ride up into Colorado on one of the old steam trains for a day trip. The scenery was stunning!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2021 :  06:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, the blackberries around our property are wild too. The only thing we have planted are peach and apple trees.
I cut up fresh strawberries this morning to have with our supper tonight. I do love all the fresh fruits and veggies we can have during this time of year!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 07 2021 12:33:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6073 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6073 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2021 :  10:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eat some for me please!

Love you all!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2021 :  10:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So good to see you Darlene! I hope you are recovering well. Are you in rehab? Take care and prayers for you.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2021 :  05:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Darlene! It is great to hear from you and I hope you are recovering quickly! Are you able to be home now with HomeCare help? Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2021 :  6:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Darlene! prayers and I got a package on the way to you!
Hugs from me and Lily June!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2021 :  8:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those who do not know yet, Darlene is in rehab.
This is her address:
Darlene Ricotta
Vibrant Hospital of Northern California
Room 144B
2801 Eureka Way
Redding, California 96001
I have no idea how long she will be there.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2021 :  8:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those who do not know yet, Darlene is in rehab.
This is her address:
Darlene Ricotta
Vibra Hospital of Northern California
Room 144B
2801 Eureka Way
Redding, California 96001
I have no idea how long she will be there.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 09 2021 8:09:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2021 :  9:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, unvaccinated people are not your enemy.In fact they are pretty smart folks. They are closely tied to God. We have friends who have had strokes, died,or almost died due to heart issues all caused by the "vaccine". They range in age from 30s to mid 70s.
Myocarditis is the heart issue and it is bad. Our young friend, father of five, just happened to be at work when it struck him. His fellow nurses and doctors saved his life...for now! Sadly, his wife who is a teacher also took the shot. She has also been dealing with issues.
Today I watched a lot of medical reports, from doctors and nurses...some in the US, some in Canada, others in Europe. Since I've been listening and reading from the get go...I often found myself close to tears, grieving for our friends.
Have you seen pictures of people with quarters, spoons, keys etc. On their chests, faces, etc. They have Magnetofection due to the " vaccine". I remember hearing about the quarters sticking over the injection site over a week ago, on hubby's tv. They said " don't worry it will stay right there." Boy was that a big lie.
I know more stories, but will not share them here.
And this is the saddest statement I read:"It's too late to save anyone who has been 'vaccinated'"
That was from a former scientist with Pfizer
Then Dr. Luc Montagnier, a top virologist, says 'life expectancy of all who have taken the kill shot
Injection is only two years.
Population of the US is about 320 billion now...but Deagel.com predicts that by January 2025 there could be only 99 million. Tragic and so sad.
If you took the shot, try drinking some pine needle tea. Look on line to see how to make it. I watched one video yesterday.
When I tried to make some sense out of the covid virus last spring...no one wanted to hear that nonsense. Only 2% of the population died. Dr. Fauci is an evil man.

If you do not want to know, then do not read this. But if you want to try to save yourself, read and then go to the internet. There are so many good articles.
Most of all PRAY. Try your best to reestablish your link to God.
I love you all.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2021 :  11:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn -- I just can't help it. I live in California.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Welcome June! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page