TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  05:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I can hear the excitement in your words!!!
The 30th of July will come quickly..just about 40 days!
Congratulations...I'm excited for you!!!
God bless you.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 20 2021 05:33:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  08:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marilyn.
We are very happy with our choice and our grandchildren are excited to have us nearby.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2702 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2702 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  09:40:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I bet you are excited and relieved! The time until July 30th will go by fast and then you will be close to your family!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  09:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Debbie. I am a bit nervous about our house selling yet but our realtor thinks it will sell quickly. I'm praying it does. Knowing what the house is like makes it much easier to decide what to keep and what to get rid of also.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  10:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I am happy to hear that you closed on a home that is close to your family and that you really liked and hopefully your current home will sell quickly as well!! It is all very exciting and I know you are looking forward to a new adventure in Ohio. It all sounds lovely!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2021 :  02:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you ladies for your wonderful support and encouragement. We have so much to do but are so thankful for those willing to help us with the many aspects of doing all of this. I will share pictures of our new home once we are there and settled in a bit. Our daughter has graciously offered to go over and clean before we move in. There won't be much to do as the house is immaculate but she wants to take the girls over and do it. The first thing one of grandgirls said when they saw where we will live was that sometimes kids get dropped off at their grandparents house after school. But then she found out that the bus from there school wouldn't be the one that goes through our neighborhood. There is another elementary school behind the area where we are. So she was disappointed but their school is closeby so picking them up if needed would be quick and easy. So that made her happy again. She's 8 and a very tenderhearted girl. We made a paperchain together with the amount of days before we get there again. So there were no tears when we left this time. How is everyone else. Seems to be a busy time right now for many with gardens and so much outdoor work. I may not be on often but will check in.
Has anyone heard from Kathy? It's been a while since she's been here. Just wondered if anyone knows if all is well with her.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2021 :  5:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Do you still have to wait for inspection and appraisals? Or is this a done deal for you now. Glad you found something you liked. Sounds like a perfect fit.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2021 :  6:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We chose to only have a few certain inspections done Linda. We do have to have the appraisal done but it doesn't really matter how that goes one way or another so it is pretty much a done deal. We have so much here to do that it gets overwhelming for me but JT is on top of it all, bless him. We just fell in love with the house when we saw it online and then it was even better in person. I am so glad I started all that sorting and packing when I did. Because the bulk of it is done. We went to a job today that took us nearby to our son was so we stopped in to see him and we went out to supper together. Hadn't seen him since Easter. Great to see him and chat a bit and catch up.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2021 :  07:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, this is all exciting news!! I am delighted that you found a wonderful home to move to now. Good luck with all the plans going forward to get out of your place and into the new one. Wagons Ho!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2021 :  07:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, you ladies have been so supportive and encouraging which has been a tremendous help. I feel very blessed to be in this group with all of you.

We had the privilege last night and this morning to be visited by our local deer. We had 3 of them in the yard beside the driveway and this morning a doe stopped in for a visit as we were walking down the driveway. I will miss that because it is a bit more populated where we are moving and I doubt we will see any in our yard. But you never know and it will be nice to have closer neighbors again. The area is a lot of military. I never thought I'd enjoy that again but we will without actually being in the military.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2021 :  09:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, just think of the extended "family" you will have...perhaps, as you get older, there will be boys that you can hire to mow your grass!. And maybe some girls to help with your house work.
In the mean time you can bake some goodies, and delivery them to your neighbors, and introduce yourselves!
Having grown up(age 9-17) in various Neighborhoods...I sometimes find my memories floating back up to say "Hi, look at me! Do you remember learning to roller skate, on sidewalks? Or Do you remember how much fun you had that first Christmas after your home burned to the ground? Learning to ride that new bike on sidewalks!!! ( we only got one brand new bike for three little kids to share...and my little brother was mad...because they bought a girl's bike!

Guess what! Our smallish college town has been trying to make the down town area more attractive to folks who walk around and ride bikes and scooters. They scooped the streets out, over a foot deep.
I heard that they may have laid some new underground water lines, etc. Anyway we now have sidewalks that run for many blocks, on both sides of the street...and busted curbs are now nice once more...in most places the street is accessible to drive on...but not a round the post office. They still have barriers up, etc.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2021 :  03:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
I hope at the point we need help our grandson will be old enough to do the yard work for us. Though there would only be grass to mow.
I think if we need help before then our sil, Jon, would do it.
As for the girls, the granddaughters, age 10 to 3 all are doing housework now. The oldest does her own laundry I think. So there will be help from the girls when it's needed. And they enjoy earning money to save.
When we found out when closing is we told our realtor to give the keys to our daughter. She then told her girls they will be going over to clean before we get arrive. That will help tremendously as it will take us all day to get there.
We are getting lots done here.

I hope you all have a great day and week ahead!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 27 2021 03:50:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2021 :  04:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to think the kids would always be around to help us
as well. BUT. When they were old enough to drive and had so many high school activities and 6heir need for sleep Increased...their time for helping decreased. Then college, then work.oh my!!! Then marriage and mother hood...oh my goodness. I know that if we were desperate, I could ask but until then, we will continue to do our best ,,, even though I have always paid them more than enough for their time...they only have 24 hours in each day...just like.us.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2021 :  05:20:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe you could find someone at your church to help you out Marilyn. When we were selling our rental we had the young man across the street mow the yard for us.
There may also be a time to think about downsizing.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1219 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1219 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2021 :  07:33:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Denise on your new home. I hope moving day goes well.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2021 :  09:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Julie. Only 1 month away.

Denise~~