True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  1:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(((Hugz Linda)))
Buying, selling, dealing with realtors is so frustrating even in the best of transactions. We went through that when we sold my father's house. I didn't have to go through all that when I bought my house but that was 34 years ago. Everything has gotten so much more complicated since then. I don't know about Texas but here there is just too much paperwork and disclosures and stuff.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  3:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,
I'm sorry to hear you are having to take such a huge amount off the price and that you are having trouble with the new furniture. I hope everything works out well for you when it is all said and done.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  4:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, that is so frustrating! It will be over soon and then you won't have to deal with realtors anymore. I have to tell you, I did love your name for her...the ditz of a realtor! I guess I don't have a very good opinion of realtors and it just made me laugh. The name did, NOT your situation!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2020 :  4:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is VERY frustrating. I love my realtor - she is now a friend and lives in the town we just moved to. My realtor called the ditz and told her what she had not done correctly and that we would definitely not sign it the way she had written it. Turned out, the contract on my house was the first the buying realtor had written. My realtor said the ditz was in tears. Then when she wrote an amendment to add a lease part to put their furniture in my garage she left out something she should have also changed. My realtor said "I didn't tell her," because it was in my favor. LOL! To top it off, my realtor had to write the last amendment to lower the price - the ditz was so upset that my realtor was afraid she'd do it wrong again and we would have to redo it.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  02:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those would be red flags to us and we would back out but that is just us. We bought and sold a few places before we ended up here. You've a heart of gold for going through with it Linda.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  05:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One very nice thing about this sale - even lowering the price I am leaving with more than I originally thought the asking price would be. So I am coming out ahead either way. Crossing fingers and prayers we close Monday or Tuesday.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  06:38:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I've said a prayer asking God to favor you with an end to this by Tuesday. ( then you can go shopping for FABRIC! Ha! Ha!)

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2020 :  2:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. Well the news of my knees, I am having knee replacement the end of July or the first of Aug. But I hope sooner. Whew! My knees are so bad my right one gives out on me. So I am very careful. So I haven't been able to do much. Which is very upsetting. My husband sister and her hubby comes and mows for us. Which I am so thought for.
I go back to the Ortho Dr. Tues. So am glad to go.
My sister is doing ok. She sent me a picture the other day. She took a milk jug and cut the bottom out, turn it back up drew a woman eyes lips and cheeks and planted a vine in it from where she cut bottom out. When the vine grows out it will look like hair. It is cute. I think she saw it on Crafty Tree. I will have to check.
Now my sewing machine bit the dust. Was going to sew a little something but I couldn't get it to work. Very upset about that.
But I have been sitting outside on the porch every day so I am happy about that.
Now I need to see what everyone is doing on here.
So will write more later.
Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2020 :  4:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, good to get an update. Sorry you are having so much trouble.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2020 :  5:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee -- happy to hear your knees will be fixed. Your sister's planter sounds cute but I'm having a hard time visualizing how the pot stands up if you cut the bottom out of it.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2020 :  7:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, I hope that you can get your machine to a repair shop soon...sewing would be a good distraction from your knee. I'll be praying that you will get through the waiting until your surgery.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2020 :  05:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, I am so sorry to hear about your knee situation. It is so hard to not be able to get around like you are used to and also have constant pain to deal with. Keep us posted on your upcoming surgery date. Sending you some Florida sunshine on your porch along with prayers and Farmgirl Hugs for the weeks ahead.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2020 :  10:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers Marlee! for you knee! I know what your going thru. I wished I had my knee surgery 10 years sooner than I did. 2005. I had to learn how to walk straight again after limping all those years!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2020 :  10:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, it does help to have some hand work to do as you recuperate. I did a lot of red work embroidery... My hands would still work good back then. 11 years ago. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda did you complete the sale of your house?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2020 :  4:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, prayers for your knee surgery. I've only had one replacement, but it does get better in time.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2020 :  5:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, hope all went well with your closing.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2020 :  5:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welllllllllllllllll - yes, I have my money and today I paid off the new house today! YAYYYYYYYYYY! And I am Sooooooooooooo glad it is over.

BUT ... the buyer's husband, 1 hour before closing, called my realtor and said they wanted several things "fixed" at the farmhouse "before closing". They said they were sending pictures, and we were wondering what they could possibly want fixed in the house. When we got the pictures, we found out that what they wanted was some minor property clean-up. Two burn barrels that were usable, but they didn't want them there; some wood poles, hardy board, 2x4s, extra siding that matched the house, and paint (that we left for them to use for possible repairs and to show them the paint colors in the house); and a countertop and 2 garage drawer units that we left because they were part of the garage. AND they wanted the pasture mowed. My realtor very carefully worded her response yesterday before closing, and let them know that closings for both parties were scheduled and it was a little late for "before closing" requests, since the realtor (who is the buyer of the house) has made several mistakes in the paperwork already that had to be corrected. Basically, my realtor called us, and Ed said he would go over and take care of these requests, and we are paying our farmhouse neighbor's son to "shred" the pasture, which he did today (for a cost of $300). The bad thing about this was that we HAD our tractor there up until 2 days before, and Ed could have mowed the pasture and we would not have had to pay a neighbor to do it. GRRRRRRRR!! Anyway, our realtor told them we would take care of this. And they had met Ed and trusted that we would take care of these items. Now that I have the money and the sale is closed, my realtor is going to have a conversation with the buying realtor and let her know that IF she wanted all those things removed from the property, she should have included them on a form attached to the offer so that we could have finished them long before the day of closing. Most of the things were farm items and some had even been left by the people I bought the farm from, and one, like the work counter and drawers in the garage belonged there. They had been over to the house at least 5 times to measure and show it to family members between the offer and closing, and could have said something long before the day of closing. This new realtor really needs to find a new occupation - she was in tears at least 3 times and missed several key items that should have been done early on in the contract.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2020 :  6:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, what a relief it is...to know your old home is sold and the new home paid for in full! No payments! Are you doing a happy dance!???!!!
Yep I do believe you are excited! I'm excited for you. CONGRATULATIONS!
I'm glad your realtor is going to have a talk with the other one...but I would almost bet her hubby was the lazy bones who did not want to deal with those things.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jun 24 2020 6:36:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2020 :  7:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having your house all paid for is the best feeling of security.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  05:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on getting through all that Linda! I'm sure you are happy and relieved and now you just have to relax and enjoy your new home.

We are trying to figure out where we want to move. New Jersey is getting really bad on everything not to mention second to NY in highest taxes in the country.
Have to find a job before anything.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  06:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Linda!!! You and Ed have sure had your weeks of frustration with they buyer but I am glad it is over with and now you can move on in your new home!! Hopefully, you won't have any more troubles.

Tuesday night, I managed to catch my little toe on the shower door frame and ended up dislocating the small joint and getting a hairline fracture below the joint. UGH!! I was able to push my toe tip back into the joint and the X-ray yesterday showed that the toe is aligned correctly, which was huge plus for me. The ortho doctor said there really nothing to do except try and keep pressure off the toe area for about 4 weeks. He offered me one of those ortho boots,, but when I broke my toe on the other side a few years ago, the ortho shoe didn't fit right at all and my foot hurt more when I wore it because my foot moved all around in it. I came home and took my athletic shoe and added some foam padding and taped the little toe to the one next to it, and I have an OK solution. Not perfect, but my foot is secure and stable. The doctor said I could call anytime and stop by and pick up an ortho shoe if my plan doesn't work out. So we shall see. I have been icing the toe a lot since it happened and that really has helped with the swelling and the pain. Good thing I am working on some swaps that require handwork and it is easy to sit and ice my foot a lot!! the stupid thing about this accident is that I can't figure out how it happened. I have been using this shower for decades without any issues. Thankfully, it is minor and should heal up easily.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  06:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie~ Ouch! Praying it heals up well for you.

I did something similar to mine and taped it but now it doesn't move on its own like when I stretch my toes. Maybe it didn't heal right. I never had it looked at.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 25 2020 06:45:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  07:13:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I feel for you! Oh my goodness!
Prayers for healing and to be without the pain.
Been there, done that. I'm always running into something.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  07:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woohoo, Linda! That is great news! Now you can take a deep breath and leave it all behind!
Winnie, when you said you caught your toe in the shower door frame I could feel your pain....I hope that it continues to heal!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  09:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for your support regarding my latest toe issue. It seems that as I age, more stupid little stuff happens. While I am naturally clumsy sometimes, back a fecew decades, it didn't take longer to heal up and thus is more of a hassle! I need to remind myself to be more attentive instead of being on autopilot so much when doing routine things.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Jumping into June~2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page