TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  08:13:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend told me that our beautiful, memorable RED, WHITE and BLUE, Fourth of July parade and festivities in the local park...it has all been canceled! That is sad. Because that brings the community out to watch. First I had heard that we would have the parade, but they would not throw candy. That was sad too.
It is fine with me and that the governor closed the bars! People forget there are rules of any kind when they drink. So they can drink at home, I guess.
The fireworks stand that I passed on Wednesday evening had just gotten a shipment. (I had gone thru the drive in window at the bar-b-que place to get my hubbys supper, and was on my way home.) A shipment of pops, booms, hisses, smoke, and sparkly stuff, you know Fireworks! There were boxes stacked on the ground plus boxes stacked on the long, long counter. One young lady was trying to sort the boxes. So if the county does not pull a burn ban out...perhaps we will hear some celebratory noise. Anyway, I'm sad that this "virus" has changed our lives so much.

Texasgran

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  09:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It seemed ridiculous to me, when this first started, that the liquor stores were never closed. Many had drive thrus and those that didn't did curbside delivery - of liquor!!!

I'm not sure if they cancelled our fireworks display yet, but they might.

Also, a neighbor of ours, across the street and third house down, died 2 days ago from COVID. We had never met him yet and were never in close proximity to him. Not sure how old he was, but he went to dr because he had a fever, they tested him and he had COVID, so they immediately hospitalized him. He had mild symptoms that I guess got progressively worse. They were trying to put him on a ventilator and he had a heart attack and died. So sad.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  10:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what they are planning here. We can go to the Catholic church parking lot and watch them from our cars and also the high school parking lot so I hope they don't cancel.

That is so sad Linda. Did he have heart trouble do you know?

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  11:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My goodness Linda. That is so sad!
The latest I've heard about the virus is that 100% of those who died had taken the flu vaccine.
Also those put on ventilators, did not die from the virus. They died because of a massive failure of their lungs/ heart when the ventilator was started.
If you watch you tube videos...watch this today.: And #372;e Know, seems like the name of the video begins Ad Darkness Falls..
I cried at the end.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  11:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TexasGran

My goodness Linda. That is so sad!
The latest I've heard about the virus is that 100% of those who died had taken the flu vaccine.
Also those put on ventilators, did not die from the virus. They died because of a massive failure of their lungs/ heart when the ventilator was started.
If you watch you tube videos...watch this today.: And We Know, seems like the name of the video begins As Darkness Falls..
I cried at the end.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  11:38:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of our town's July 4th celebrations have been cancelled, too. I will miss the fireworks but haven't gone to the parade in years due to inability to handle standing in the heat for hours. According to FactCheck there is no correlation between getting the flu shot and dying from covid. There are just so many rumors about the virus it's hard to know what to believe so I check them out. One of the sillier ones I've heard is that while doing to swab test they are inserting a microchip. Snopes is another good site to check out rumors.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24

Edited by - StitchinWitch on Jun 27 2020 11:56:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  12:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband's brother is in a nursing home, about 30 miles from here.
His daughter is a nurse and works there. He told my husband that they are tested a couple of times each month...by the National Guard.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  12:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ed just found out that the senior minister's wife at our church has tested positive for COVID and he has been tested and has some symptoms. He is not in the best of health, and 2 weeks ago we were in church and he was pretty close to us - he does not keep his distance. Prayers or he and his wife and for any others who have been in contact with them at church. We did not go to church last Sunday, because my son and his family were here for father's day. One couple in the church have already had COVID - she survived, but her husband did not. And now I'm worried, because last Saturday we were at Ed's son's house for father's day and they are very involved in the church; and a young minister who is at the church was a guest at their house and he sat next to me during dinner and for the game of Spoons.

Prayers please for all of us who have recently been to the church and in contact with people there. I guess I had better stay inside and sew sew sew for a while. I sure don't want to infect anyone. This is what they mean by you could be walking around and have COVID and not know it and be infecting others. If Ed wasn't friends on FB with people from the church we wouldn't even know this until maybe his son called us.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  1:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for you all Linda.

Remember coming to the henhouse is supposed to help us get away from all of this.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  2:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my Linda. Prayers for you and Ed. Also for your extended family as well as your church family.
Take your vitamin C...liposomal vitamin is best. Also take Vitamin D3 and zinc tablets. Of course take your regular vitamins too.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  4:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I need to get Zinc and Vit C - we are out. I have been taking Oil of Oregano and Multi Vitamin and Calcium with D and Liquid Silver.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  4:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of our fireworks have been cancelled. But ours are due to a state wide burn ban. We are very dry here. If we do not get rain in the next few days, the fireworks stands will not be able to open. According to North Dakota law, they can only sell fire works a few days before the 4th and 2 days after. I actually like it that way, gets it over with fast. I will buy our usual large assortment if I am able and when we get moisture and the ban is lifted we will shoot them off with the grands.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Jun 27 2020 5:36:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  5:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda you are doing good. Your immunity should be good.
My problem is allergies. Grrrrr...the neighbor cut and rolled his hay week before
Last. Then my son began to buy his hay. Then he hauled three of four trailer loads up our lane a week ago. Plus he sticks that spear in it, on his tractor, and takes it back past our house to the cows.
Today...well here we go again! I've lost count!
But this I know, fertilizer, weed killer,cut grass, dirt and lime really don't do me any favors. I'm not sick! That is good. I'm so full of vitamin c, zinc, d3 and oranges, etc. A germ would surely die of fear before getting too close.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  6:45:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, that is very sad about your neighbor! I will pray for all of you and your church family. I know that everything will be just fine!
We live in a tri county area, the next county is about 30 miles from us. The last I heard, our 4th of July parade was still going on...the next town, 30 miles away, has cancelled their festivities and then the big town, just 15 miles from them, has "their biggest fireworks show EVER" planned! Not a lot of rhyme nor reason there!
We usually go to a VERY TINY parade that is about 4 miles from our house, down in the canyon. There are a group of farmers that live down there and it's just a fun parade....mostly little kids and old cars. They go down the road, turn around and then you get to see the other side of the parade! The 2 sisters who organize it decided to cancel this year as well. I'm thinking about asking my little grandboys if they just want to decorate their bikes, etc. and we can have our own little parade out here? We need to celebrate somehow!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2020 :  11:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh dear Linda so sorry to hear that news. You stay safe and social distance, I hope all goes well.
Your in my prayers?
Love
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  12:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie I remember when I was a kid, we three kids had to share one bike. When summer came, we began to buy crepe paper streamers. Then the week of July 4 th,every kid all around the neighborhood would weave the streamers in and out through the spokes of each wheel.When that was done... Imaginations ran wild. But streamers off the handle bars were a lot of fun. I don't remember any parades just kids being kids.And most of the kids were boys.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  05:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stay safe Linda. Debbie I bet the grandkids would love to do a parade. they can put candy in little buckets and throw it to the adults. Our 4th of Julys are often spent out on the water fishing.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  11:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We used to put playing cards on the bike wheels with clothespins for the noise it made.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  12:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I hope this latest news about your possible contact with the Virus proves to be nothing for you and Ed. It is scary to even think about what can happen. We are having a huge spike here in Florida, so our church is still virtual service and we are staying close to home except for essential outings.

I am not sure what our city is doing about July 4the since it is always a packed event for the fireworks. But I am Ok not having anything right now if it can help not exposing people to the virus and then have them get sick.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  3:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ed called his son today, and they don't think they were exposed to the pastor because he was not at services last Sunday because he had been exposed, and the meeting that the pastor went to when he was exposed was after Ed and I had been there. So we may all be safe. Thank you for the prayers and thoughts.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  5:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I sure hope so.
Take care everyone

Blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  8:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, did you get the Sahara dust storm?
We certainly did.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2020 :  10:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We didn't get too much of the dust storm here. Thank goodness.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2020 :  05:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess we got your part. It was so thick Saturday night I thought we had a weird fog. I could not see the cell towers that are to our East about five miles away. Yesterday we were dusky, most of the day. Now I know where my head aches came from.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2020 :  06:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That must be bad on allergies. Take care

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2020 :  06:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it is.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page